SS OU The Gorilla's Rampage (Rillaboom HO)

Introduction

Hello. Today I wanted to write about one of my best teams I have built on PS. It was hard to pick what team I wanted to make an RMT on because there were like 4-5 other teams that I was thinking about, but this was the most successful out of the bunch so I chose this one. Before we start, I want to thank airfare for helping me make this team. Without further ado, let's get started.

1617669088721.png 1617669096236.png 1617669116964.png 1617669128836.png 1617669137335.png 1617669153518.png

Team building Process

1617669088721.png

The star of the team. I chose to build around it because it's damage output and sweeping potential is unreal. Rillaboom is a top tier Sweeper in OU atm (imo). Although, Rillaboom (and HO teams in general) greatly appreciates screens up so it and the rest of the team have an easier time setting up.

1617669088721.png
1617669096236.png

Tapu Koko is and probably will always be my pick of choice to be my "Screen Setter". This is because it's got great utility, a great typing, and is very fast. This is pretty self explanatory, Tapu Koko probably exists on every HO team nowadays.

1617669088721.png
1617669096236.png
1617669116964.png

I then wanted a "Suicide Lead" to quickly set up Stealth Rock, then quickly suicide (via Explosion). Very self explanatory, Landorus-T is another staple on HO teams due to it being the strongest "Suicide Lead" there is, sitting at an unmatched 145 base attack.

1617669088721.png
1617669096236.png
1617669116964.png
1617669128836.png

Bisharp was the next addition to prevent the opposing team from brainlessly clicking Defog. Bisharp also checks Dragapult which otherwise would clean my team. Bisharp easily leaves a dent in most stall teams, and it's ability to deal with Offense via Sucker Punch is definitely a blessing.

1617669088721.png
1617669096236.png
1617669116964.png
1617669128836.png
1617669137335.png

Zeraora was then added because it beats most of Rillaboom's checks in Corviknight, Zapdos, Skarmory, Tornadus-T etc. It also gives the team speed as the team was pretty slow and was reliant on priority.

1617669088721.png
1617669096236.png
1617669116964.png
1617669128836.png
1617669137335.png
1617669266141.png

Last but certainly not least, Dragapult. I really like Dragpult's Dragon Dance set on HO as it ensures that Quiver Dance Volcarona doesn't shit on my team. It also can revenge kill Kyurem which other wise would be a major problem. Simply throwing this thing out can heavily pressure the opponent because Dragapult has like 5-6 sets and if they guess wrong I get free chip/or a free Dragon Dance.

Set Details

:ss/rillaboom: :life orb:
Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

This set runs Grassy Glide because it's Rillaboom's main STAB move and it has priority to ease it's job in sweeping. Knock Off is ran to severely cripple things like Zapdos and Mandibuzz, and it can hit Grass-resists for significant damage aswell. Drain Punch is ran for recovery while destroying Heatran at +2, and straight up OHKO'ing Excadrill with no stat boosts. Life Orb/Adamant is ran so you can dish out as much damage as you physically can, without being choice locked.

:ss/tapu koko: :light clay: / :heavy-duty boots:
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen

- U-turn
- Taunt

This Tapu Koko set is fairly standard. It runs Reflect/Light Screen to support the rest of the team by raising their defenses. It runs Light Clay to keep the screens up as long as possible, Heavy-Duty Boots also works over Light Clay to sustain it's longetivity. Taunt is ran mainly to prevent Stealth Rock going up on your side of the field, and things that might like to set up in your face while you try to set up Screens. U-turn can get another team member in while getting guaranteed chip.

:ss/landorus-therian: :focus sash:
Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance

This Landorus-T set is running a Focus Sash to guarantee Stealth Rock up atleast temporarily. It runs Earthquake because it is it's main STAB move that lets it hit neutrals for significant damage. It also instantly destroys Heatran. Swords Dance allows you to potentially sweep teams that don't have switch ins to Lando-T. And finally, Explosion lets your Landorus-T faint while bringing in a team member for free.

:ss/bisharp: :black glasses: / :life orb:
Bisharp @ Black Glasses / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

This Bisharp set focuses on stacking Swords Dance's behind screens, and ramming through your opponent. The only moves being ran on this set are STAB moves. Iron Head threatens Tyranitar, Clefable, Kyurem, Tapu Lele and other Steel-weak Pokemon with an OHKO/2HKO. Knock Off is the main move that is clicked pretty much every time unless it's resisted. It cripples it's common switch ins, mainly Mandibuzz. Sucker Punch helps you deal with faster threats as Bisharp has a pretty mediocre speed tier. Black Glasses boosts your Dark-type moves by 1.2x, you can boost Iron Head aswell if you go with the Life Orb, but Iron Head isn't clicked enough to be cared about, in my opinion.

:ss/zeraora: :life orb:
Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

This is a standard Zeraora set, except I went with Life Orb. I think that since Grassy Terrain is healing it, Life Orb recoil isn't THAT bad. Also, all it's moves are clicked about an even amount of times. I went with a Jolly nature strictly to outspeed Dragapult. I am running Plasma Fists because it is the strongest physical STAB it has, it can also hit pretty much every bird for significant damage. Close Combat can be ran to remove Heatran at +2, Drain Punch can definitely work aswell for recovery and also hitting Steel-types for a lot of damage. Knock Off doesn't really hit anything in particular, but it can remove things like Leftovers and Rocky Helmet from Hippowdon and Ferrothorn.

:ss/dragapult: :leftovers:
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts

- Phantom Force
- Substitute

This Dragapult set focuses on getting a Subsitute up and possibly one Dragon Dance to secure a sweep. Dragon Darts is it's best physical Dragon-type STAB move, and Phantom Force is a pretty bad move in my opinion but it does not have a good physical Ghost-type STAB so I just went with it, I guess. Leftovers gives you passive recovery which is very much needed due to Subsitute chipping away at your HP. Adamant can be ran over Jolly for more damage, although Jolly lets you outspeed Tapu Koko, both definitely work but I am not too sure if outspeeding Tapu Koko is worth it on this set. Infiltrator was also the pick of choice because the other abilites were not that great, Infiltrator basically ignores Subsitute and Reflect's effect.

Threats

1617716401846.png

A well played Tapu Lele can kill something every time I switch out thanks to it's coverage options and enormous Special Attack stat.

1617716427541.png

Again, well played Nidoking can also leave huge dents in my team because my only Earth-resist is weak to Poison. It also isn't choice locked so that makes it a whole lot worse.

1617716441376.png

Is even a lesser threat, but same thing goes, if it's running the standard Draco Meteor/Ice Beam/Freeze Dry/Earth Power it can kind of shit on my entire team. Although, if it predicts wrongly, it has to switch out because of the Choice item.

1617716498532.png

If it gets a Scale Shot off, that could get very problematic because it then outpaces my whole team, but I can force it out with Rillaboom

1617717226109.png

It can fish for burns with Flame Body against things like Rillaboom and Dragapult, and nothing on my team really wants to get burnt because all my sweepers are physical attackers.

Outro

Looks like you finished! Thank you! Obviously, any suggestions are welcome (just do not replace the funny monke pls), I hope you guys can also test this team as it got me out of the 1400's for the first time and my highest I made it to with this team was 1503, which obviously sucks (and i quickly dropped down bc i was stressing abt some primarina bull shit) but knowing I got my high-score with this team despite me being garbage, I think this team might actually have some potential with some tweaks and adjustments. I'll also send some fun replays if you all are interested in that kind of stuff.​

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey! Nice team, but I think you forgot changing Koko's nature and EV's it runs no special attacking moves so theres no reason to use timid and 4 sp. Atk EV's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)