SS OU The Haxorus Justice League (20-0 on ladder, peaked top100 at 1800+)

King's Rock is:

• Competitive

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Viable

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Overrated

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Banworthy

Votes: 29 29.9%

• Total voters
BaN mE!!1 used Icicle Spear!
(Corviknight lost 13% of its health!)
(Corviknight lost 15% of its health!)
(Corviknight lost 15% of its health!)
(Corviknight lost 14% of its health!)
(Corviknight lost 13% of its health!)
The Pokémon was hit 5 times!

Corviknight flinched and couldn't move!

NO LONGER.

:aegislash: :corviknight: :seismitoad: :clefable: :hydreigon: :haxorus:

20-0.PNG

:ss/aegislash:

Aegislash @ Choice Band
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw/Head Smash

The Justice League does not fuck about with Banworthy threats in the metagame. Aegislash tanks 1 icicle spear AND 2 ice shard from a +2 Cloyster, and is going to CLOSE COMBAT sooner or later. Justice. Also it can't be trapped by Duggy which is huge for a choice locked mon. These were the reasons why I chose Aegi as the starting point for the team.

Having a Choice Band to increase dramatically damage output means Jolly nature can be run, with enough speed EVs to go just over Max speed Jolly crawdaunt and destroy it with Close Combat. It feels good. Other EVs maximise Atk power and are dumped into HP.

Shadow Claw over Head Smash because this team doesn't mind letting Mandibuzz survive, as you will see later (despite OHKOing it definitely has some merits and is appreciated by scarf Hydreigon, both work). The rest of the moves are standard: this is my fairy check, a powerful breaker and a way to revenge kill dragapult and Hawlucha at +2. Next.

EDIT: While choice band was incredibly powerful, being locked into any specific moves was not ideal to break through fat cores, as well as giving setup opportunities with HO. Hence I changed the set to:

:ss/aegislash:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Autotomize

Leftovers Allows it to become a much better and more durable response to Fairies, Cloyster and more. Being able to switch moves is much more valuable than raw damage output as banded Aegislash actually struggles to even 2HKO some prominent meta threas such as Toxapex, PhysDef Corviknight and more. Autotomize allows it to deal with faster normal types like Diggersby/Obstagoon, which SD loses to. Very cool unexpected set that often translates to a wincon and can definitely clutch some games.

:ss/corviknight:

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Corvi is my main Ghost switchin + excadrill check, and fulfils the usual roles like Defogging and U-turning out to bring teammates in safely while breaking Sashes, Balloons, all that Jazz. Only ghosts it struggles with are Sub+Wisp Dragapult and NP Gengar, which need to be played around carefully. Otherwise if at full this thing takes 2 hits from basically anything around in ou.

EV spread maximises SpD while outspeeding max Speed Adamant conk to do about 80% with Brave Bird if needed (it usually is, Conk is a bitch).

Its often important to prioritize Roosting depending on what it needs to check (e.g. Obstagoon, Drill..) over Defogging, as the team isn't really weak to most entry hazards.

Pressure is preferred over mirror armor because defog will run out after stealth rocks, and because it wins games VS last mon Pex/Sylveon among other things.

:ss/seismitoad:

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect

Seismitoad forms a very powerful core with Corv and Clefable. Max HP and Def to better check Dracovish throughout the match, Stealth Rocks, Toxic. You know what this does.

8 Speed EVs because some random mon will be EVd to outspeed Seismitoad and I want to get the Toxic off if that is the case.

Earthquake is missing but not really missed. Scald tends to do the job just fine as offensive presence and Toxic+Protect is invaluable in stalling out Guts attackers or statused mons like Dracovish itself. This only hinders the Hatterene matchup but that thing is getting back to full anyway, and Aegislash usually gets a kill whenever the hat comes out.

This is the primary check to things like Rotom-H and other electrics/waters/physical attackers like Excadrill at +2 or Bisharp. It's often crucial to keep it alive even at super low percentage to avoid choice locked mons from spamming water/electric moves.

:ss/clefable:

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Clefables is a fantastic wallbreaker for the team to open up holes for Aegi or the two dragons. The speed EVs once again to outspeed Adamant Conk and OHKO back with moonblast. Modest Max SpA for max damage output and Life Orb + Magic Guard is huge for damage output without compromising durability. 120 HP make clef fatter in general and allow it to take hits like Dugtrio's CB Earthquake when at full.

Going into the set itself, Calm Mind is chosen as it allows it to beat other fat fairies 1v1 that may be in the way of the dragons, while also being a way to increase pressure on the opposing team. Here's where it gets funny:
This is my main Ferro switchin until I figure out what moves it has and if Kommo-o can win the game by setting up. Moonlight (or calm mind) should not be revealed until necessary to keep it guessing for last move Flamethrower, and force it to switch out while you click moves that punish the switch itself. Moonlight lastly is crucial in maintaining longevity and to better check dragon moves throughout the game.

(I tried running flamethrower obviously and found myself walled by Sylveon if Aegi had died, with no way to force it out to allow for a Kommo-o setup. Hence, CM.)

:ss/Hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

This is probably my favourite Hydreigon set this gen. It's so easy to bluff LO and outplay your opponent with a Fire Blast on a Ferro switch or a +1 Speed Exca who thinks he's bossing. It also very often picks up KOs on unsuspecting dragapults, as well as revenging, in order: Specs Dragapult, Scarf Dracovish/Dracozolt, +1 Kommo-o, Cinderace, Dugtrio, Bisharp, Crawdaunt and so on.

EVs maximise Atk and Speed and Timid is necessary to be an effective revenge killer. Draco Meteor will be your nuke to OHKO all dragons, while Dark Pulse is a more spammable move that often cleans up low health pokemon if the opposing fairy/corv/mandi have been weakened. Fire blast over Flash Cannon as aegi is here to kill fairies, and it's much more valuable to ohko Excadrill and Bisharp (as well as having another move that hits Aegi hard) without having to take damage on Kommo-o, as Hydre's natural bulk is enough to take all sorts of priority barring Conkeldurr's, which is why half of the team is EVd to get rid of it.

U-turn is a valuable move in the mid-late game but it's a dead giveaway to the Choice Scarf. Keep the bluff up as long as possible.

:ss/kommo-o:

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

After a lot of testing with DD dragapult, I found it was just missing the raw power to win games even when the opposing team was weakened. Kommo-o was the perfect fit with its insane power and ease of setup on many common mons.

Bulletproof is chosen to allow this set to 100% of the time sub up on Ferrothorn's status/leech seed and Belly Drum up while keeping the sub intact, as only Gyro Ball is strong enough to break it and Bulletproof makes you immune. It also allows you to set up a Sub or a BD on choice locked ghosts and Cinderace without HJK.
This set also can setup on Toxapex, as EQ does a considerable chunk even without boosts and forces it to recover often, while it can't status you and barely hurts the Sub with Scalds. Lastly, if mandibuzz is lacking foul play it is the perfect mon to set up on as knock off is doing about 2% to the sub.

EQ is the strongest non STAB, no drawback move Kommo-o has access to, and hits a lot for neutral, which usually means a OHKO at +6. Drain punch is massive in keeping the sweep going through priority once it gets started.

This set is easily revenged by Scarf Hydreigon unless the sub is up, which is what the game plan usually tends to revole around in this matchup. Also if you can't time the Salac berry well any Dragapult will revenge kill with no issues. Basically the team will try to play around the opposing team, scouting sets and wearing it down looking for a window for Kommo-o to sweep. Once it does, the combination of natural bulk, stupid attack boosts and drain punch usually seals the deal.

- - - - This set is HARD WALLED by: any Air Balloon ghost, Drifblim (lmao), TOGEKISS. - - - -

:ss/Haxorus:

Haxorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

After some more testing, the Mimikyu and Togekiss weaknesses became overwhelming, together with having to play around threats like obstagoon I had to make some changes. This Haxorus set retains the power I needed in a strong wallbreaker and potential cleaner, and deals efficiently with most of the mons Kommo-o was used for, trading some bulk and resistances for quicker and higher damage output.

It's tough to get in a DD in most situations but Jolly Haxorus is fast enough to oustpeed and destroy: Obstagoon, Excadrill, and most importantly Mimikyu and Togekiss, ignoring the Disguise completely thanks to Mold Breaker. Haxorus' natural bulk is enough to tank up to +4 shadow sneak and deal massive damage in return with EQ.

EQ is for destroying toxapex, and close combat is the best move Haxorus has to offer without being locked into outrage, which is not ideal with this many fairies around. Life Orb is chosen as the increase in power is incredible and allows this set to do work even without setting up a DD. All in all Haxorus has won quite a few games that would have been lost had I still been running Kommo-o, so i'd say it was a change for the best.

:togekiss: Sub is the biggest problem, as Haxorus can revenge kill all other variants bar scarf which is Corv food. Break the sub with any means and revenge with Haxorus.

:gengar: +2 gengar is tough to deal with, as for every balance team. Hydre might have to take damage and force it out.

:mimikyu: Just don't let it get 3 SDs up or it will OHKO Haxorus and sweep.

:dragapult: (Specs, Sub+Hex, Scarf) Until you figure out the set it's super difficult to play around while keeping crucial mons healthy. Once you know it gets easier, but the three mentioned ones are the toughest to deal with efficiently.

:dracovish: (Sub) The entire dracovish counterplay here is not losing toad as to not allow it to lock itself into FR. If it's not choice locked and subs up, Toad becomes fodder. Scary set that I hope doesn't gain popularity. If push comes to shove Haxorus, Hydreigon and Corviknight both tank a hit from full.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Aegislash @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Haxorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Last edited:
With how weak you are to Togekiss I'd run Iron Head on Corviknight and Thunder Wave on Clef instead of Calm Mind. Toad really needs Earth Power for Sub Dracovish and also to pressure Toxapex, which you really want dead so that you can Belly Drum and win.

Im starting to get around to the idea of using iron head, despite brave bird being so good. I forgot it in the threat list but conk is a scary mon to face, and is the reason for brave bird and EVs on corv/clef. Ill try iron head out.

Not sure about twave as I feel it's better on defensive clef, and I really like the work cm has been doing, but I'll try it out regardless. It will weaken my rotom matchup though.

About earth power, truth is toxic+protect stalling won me 15 games maybe, earth power would have helped in 3 and 2 of which I won anyway. If the sub dracovish picks up then I'll have no choice but for now it's worth keeping protect.

Thanks for the rate.

Hey, nice team, but I was just wondering why you use pressure on Corviknight over another ability. I'm really new to the comp scene so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but it seems pretty useless. If someone could explain, that would be great.

Hey TheDoff fire team , I like this kind of builds personally alot but I see a huge weakness on this team

Suggested Changes
The only weakness of this team is , it gets 6-0'ed by Nastyplot + Life orb Hydreigon , Hydreigon once comes in , will make you struggle because you don't really have a switch in to it , Clefable gets Ohkoed by flash cannon. So, my only suggestion is :Sylveon: > :Clefable: , Sylveon can come in on Hydreigon and can take even a flash cannon from +2 hydra and kill it back with Moonblast.
:Sylveon:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Mystical Fire

Great team , cheers

Hey, nice team, but I was just wondering why you use pressure on Corviknight over another ability. I'm really new to the comp scene so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but it seems pretty useless. If someone could explain, that would be great.
Pressure is actually very good. It allows you to make moves like stealth rock run out of pp as you defog them away every time. It's also allows you to stall out Pokemon like toxapex and win the 1v1 because they only have half pp and will hit themselves with struggle sooner than you.

Hey TheDoff fire team , I like this kind of builds personally alot but I see a huge weakness on this team

Suggested Changes
The only weakness of this team is , it gets 6-0'ed by Nastyplot + Life orb Hydreigon , Hydreigon once comes in , will make you struggle because you don't really have a switch in to it , Clefable gets Ohkoed by flash cannon. So, my only suggestion is :Sylveon: > :Clefable: , Sylveon can come in on Hydreigon and can take even a flash cannon from +2 hydra and kill it back with Moonblast.
:Sylveon:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Mystical Fire

Great team , cheers
Thanks for the rate Tushar. Imma be honest, sylv would help vs Dragons but not at all with HO, with Togekiss and other big weaknesses, while I would miss out on an S-rank wallbreaker. The damage output from clef is incredibly important to this team and I wouldn't say we can afford to switch her out without making other big changes.

NP hydre does kinda 6-0 but I've played vs many. There's ways of dealing with it. Corv tanks a hit and uturns, into scarf hydre and u turn, sac corv, u turn again. It's a matter of getting more value out of clefable than they get out of hydreigon.

The biggest problems to this team (and what changes are really needed for) are MIMIKYU - gigantic threat - and togekiss.

Pressure is actually very good. It allows you to make moves like stealth rock run out of pp as you defog them away every time. It's also allows you to stall out Pokemon like toxapex and win the 1v1 because they only have half pp and will hit themselves with struggle sooner than you.
Ok, thanks

Changed the haxorus to terak it seems to be working great and is a nice answer to togekiss
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)