The Highlander Tournament II [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Highlander Tournament I Won by Raseri

Introduction:

A few years ago Vinc and Macle decided to have a one on one battle between their respective SPL mascots which were scrafty and toxicroak respectively. A huge amount of work was needed to decide the optimal spreads/movesets for their respective mascots and the battle can be found here. Afterwards they decided to host the first edition of this tour in light of their newfound battling format and after much demand on skype from TGMD to host another one, I've decided to host the second rendition of this tour.

Concept:

The tournament is set up that you pick and post three Pokemon when you sign up for the tournament. You can only pick one of each individual Pokemon, but a different player can have the same Pokemon as you (e.g. you can't have two Alakazam, but someone else can pick Alakazam if you pick it too; also, you can only pick one forme for Pokemon like Rotom). Chosen Pokemon have to be Overused and under; no Ubers are allowed. Each round, every player picks one of their opponent's three Pokemon to battle that round. They PM that choice to me. Once both players have relayed the opposing Pokemon to face in PM, I will declare it in the thread. At that point, both players can start preparing for their match. Picking like this occurs through every round. For simplicity's sake and due to the nature of 1v1 battling causing severe emphasis on megas and how there is no opportunity cost for having a mega, all mega stones are banned.

Also, it'd be awesome if each player kept their designed sets for when they are eliminated. They shouldn't reveal anything about the nature of the battle, but moreso why they prepared that Pokemon in the manner they did for that specific threat. It's cool for onlookers to see the mental process behind this stuff. If you can reveal it in these threads without giving away any of the opponent's strategy, I'm sure our viewers would love to see the sets utilized.

General Tournament Rules:

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found stickied at the top of this forum.
  • Standard OU - 1 vs. 1
  • Generation VI
  • Single Elimination
  • The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Pokemon Showdown. You are absolutely not allowed to use any Pokemon in the Uber metagame unless your initial choice gets banned during the course of the tournament, in which case, they would still be allowed for usage in this tournament.
  • Matches may either be conducted on Pokemon Showdown.
  • Post three Pokemon in this thread when you sign up for the tournament. They will remain as your only Pokemon throughout the entirety of the tournament.
  • Private Message user Haruno at the beginning of each round which of your opponent's Pokemon you'd like to battle.
  • Do not battle until both you and your opponent have their selection revealed in this thread.
Battle Rules:

• Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • 1 vs. 1
  • No moves that evoke the Self KO Clause. Destiny Bond, Explosion, Final Gambit, Perish Song, Selfdestruct, and other such moves are banned.
  • No Johning whatsoever. I expect all matches to be done within the span of a week or less.
  • All matches will be best of one.
All participants must Private Message me which of their opponent's Pokemon they choose to face. Your battle cannot start until I receive PMs fromboth participants. I will be updating this post with the selected Pokemon when I receive PMs from both battlers.

Signups end November 12th 11:59 est.

Last edited:
In with Clefable, Mew, and Reuniclus

E: After thinking a bit more I decided I would rather have Reuni over Manaphy

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mamoswine Staraptor Mew

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)