The Hoopa-Unbound ORAS OU Tournament - Round 2

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
(originally posted by BKC)

There's been some chatter about the Hoopa-U ban being a mistake and potentially giving it another shot in current OU. This tournament aims to explore that possibility.

I've received input and thus the tour is now BEST OF THREE. Replays required, post them in the thread. You are not required to use Hoopa-U, but it is encouraged. Play in the format gen6ubers.

Deadline: Tuesday, December 3rd
Lord Ninjax vs egalvanc
Robot7620 Leo vs gorgie
Alvaro271 vs かたわれ時
Triangles vs Bowlii-
yovan33321 vs xray
Curtain vs (jonfilch vs Descending)
Shaad Skyel vs PokemonHunter2002
Oro e Diamanti vs Adam the First
Quint_ vs The Thunderbirds
Sayuze vs Jase The World
agenS vs Splashbrutha
Katy vs Mannat
Updated Kanto vs Ismail
(Bdlc vs Flares.) vs Analytic
Lord Thorx vs ggopw
Dragonflo vs Star

Last edited:

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
"I'm quitting for the Hoopa-U tourney, you'll either get a free bye or I'll get replaced."

- one fearful opponent, Robot7620

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Rather low proportion of battles completed. I'm not sure if it's a difference in the population of the subforum or it's because circuit champs are going on, but out of the tours that I've hosted, this is unusual.

Round 2 Decisions:
egalvanc vs Lord Ninjax - egalvanc contacted, Lord Ninjax didn't respond
かたわれ時 vs Alvaro271 - small edge to かたわれ時. it's cutting it a little close, but a couple of factors put activity to かたわれ時's favor:
1: the fact that かたわれ時 went out of their way to check Alvaro's profile, even though Alvaro didn't reply directly to かたわれ時's scheduling VM and instead made a profile post, which wouldn't notify them
2: the fact that Alvaro didn't clearly state his availability, and even changed his availability after かたわれ時 proposed a time within it?

normally i'd extend in this situation but it doesn't seem that this battle would get done within a standard 2 day extension, so activity to かたわれ時.

Sayuze vs Jase The World - seems like you both "scheduled" after the deadline. fine, 2 day extension. get this done by thursday evening and please actually set a time.

(Bdlc vs Flares. ) vs Analytic

lol i dont know why i took flares, the most annoying troll on the smogtours discord, at his word that he'd complete this series. flares gave the win to Bdlc after a whopping one day of trying to schedule and i'm pretty fine with that outcome, would've coinflipped it otherwise.

bdlc contacted analytic, analytic responded two minutes after, but it doesn't seem that the series was completed. neither put in much effort so this series is flipped.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 10.03.35 AM.png

(+bdlc joined)
Analytic moves onto Round 3.

Attachments

Flares.

Banned deucer.
Rather low proportion of battles completed. I'm not sure if it's a difference in the population of the subforum or it's because circuit champs are going on, but out of the tours that I've hosted, this is unusual.

Round 2 Decisions:
かたわれ時 vs Alvaro271 - small edge to かたわれ時. it's cutting it a little close, but a couple of factors put activity to かたわれ時's favor:
1: the fact that かたわれ時 went out of their way to check Alvaro's profile, even though Alvaro didn't reply directly to かたわれ時's scheduling VM and instead made a profile post, which wouldn't notify them
2: the fact that Alvaro didn't clearly state his availability, and even changed his availability after かたわれ時 proposed a time within it?

normally i'd extend in this situation but it doesn't seem that this battle would get done within a standard 2 day extension, so activity to かたわれ時.

Sayuze vs Jase The World - seems like you both "scheduled" after the deadline. fine, 2 day extension. get this done by thursday evening and please actually set a time.

lol i dont know why i took flares, the most annoying troll on the smogtours discord, at his word that he'd complete this series. flares gave the win to Bdlc after a whopping one day of trying to schedule and i'm pretty fine with that outcome, would've coinflipped it otherwise.

bdlc contacted analytic, analytic responded two minutes after, but it doesn't seem that the series was completed. neither put in much effort so this series is flipped.

View attachment 209748
(+bdlc joined)
That’s not very nice.

Sayuze

Banned deucer.

Round 2 Decisions:

View attachment 209748
(+bdlc joined)
Yeah so I tried messaging Wigglypuff on Discord but i got no reply explaining the situation that im about to explain, so here goes. Anwyays I tried responding to my opp's profile all day (we were scheduled to play today and he didn't show up). Yeah just posting this so I don't get coinflipped on, if it allows for I'm down to play my opponent if he's on today (friday). if not then be it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)