The Imposter Laddering Contest

EV

Banned deucer.

Ditto is an idiot lol​

What is The Imposter Laddering Contest?

Each week or so I'll post a team of 6 Pokemon. It's your job to build a team out of these 6 in the provided metagames, trying to peak as high as possible on each respective ladder before time runs out.

Because Elo and GXE often vary wildly ladder to ladder, I'm just going to average your numerical ranks to determine the winners. (For example, if the ladders are Tier Shift, Inverse, and STABmons and you rank 5th, 11th, and 9th by the end of the contest, your average rank is 8.3.) I realize that ranks also vary wildly in terms of skill per ladder, so if someone has a better suggestion on evaluating the winning score, I'm all ears.

What's the prize?

The top 3 player scores will be archived at the end of each contest. The first person to reach 3 entries becomes the Imposter Champion and earns
  • Mention in Room Intro
  • Influence over the next contest's ladders/team picks
  • Temporary CT on Smogon

Each additional player who reaches 3 entries can challenge the Imposter Champion to a Bof3 series using any of the current or former teams. If the challenger wins they become the new Champion and the old Champion's count starts over at 0.

Anything else?

You may use any NFE, alternate form, or mega form of the Pokemon provided, but not split evolutions. (So you can't turn a Gardevoir into a Gallade.) You can change your team around so long as you maintain the same 6 Pokemon during the challenge. (You may change abilities/moves/items depending on the metagame.)

Use the acronym ILC# in your alt while laddering. Each contest requires a fresh alt, so post here each time you sign up. If you have any questions, feel free to post in this thread. Good luck and have fun!

Replays/team imports/strategies/friendly banter are all encouraged!

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Week 7

AAA / STABmons

This week you have a pool of 8 Pokemon to build your team with!

Remember: You can use any forme/mega forme of your choice as long as it's legal on that ladder. If it shares a dex #, it's allowed. So for instance Rotom can be a Rotom of any forme.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Current Champion
Quantum Tesseract

Archive
STABmons / AAA

[WILDCARD]

OM room (ILC OM) - 15.5 (11 STABmons / 20 AAA)
Betathunder (ilc beta) - 22 (22 STABmons / 22 AAA)
InfernapeTropius11 (ILC IT11) 51 (56 STABmons / 46 AAA)

BH / AG

Betathunder (ilc2 beta) - 138 (146 AG / 130 BH)
CaPTiViTY (ILC2 CAP) - 139 (142 AG / 136 BH)
HeadsILoseTailsYouWin (ILC2 Anna) 153 (260 AG / 46 BH)

G&F / Monotype

Option 1
[WILDCARD] X5

Option 2
[WILDCARD] X5

Option 3
[WILDCARD] X5

Entei. (ILC Entei) - 40 (45 G&F / 35 Monotype)
Betathunder (ilc3 beta) - 108.5 (31 G&F / 186 Monotype)
Quantum Tesseract (ILC3 P1101560) 215.5 (33 G&F / 398 Monotype)

Tier Shift / Almost Any Ability

LaxLapras (ILC4 LL) - 16 (20 AAA / 12 TS)
Entei. (ILC Next) - 18 (26 AAA / 10 TS)
Betathunder (ilc4 beta) 20.5 (32 AAA / 9 TS) & Quantum Tesseract (ilc4 P1101560) 20.5 (30 AAA / 11 TS)

STABmons / Mix & Mega

Betathunder (ilc5 beta) - 117 (39 STABmons / 195 M&M)
Quantum Tesseract (ILC5 P1101560) - 209.5 (296 STABmons / 123 M&M)
OM room (ILC Ban EG) 418 (209 STABmons / 0 M&M)

Tier Shift / Inverse Battle

Betathunder (ilc6 betathunder) - 58 (56 Inverse / 60 Tier Shift)
Quantum Tesseract (ILC6 P1101560) - 67.5 (53 Inverse / 82 Tier Shift)
Rhythms (ilc6betasbby) 334 (0 Inverse / 167 Tier Shift)

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
I added a section on Wildcard strategies.

Kingslayer2779 brought up a good point last night on calculating scores. Even if GXE varies between ladders, the fact that it's averaged already incorporates the variance between STABmons and AAA. Plus GXEs are easier to average when a player doesn't rank on a ladder (for example (75% + 0%) / 2 versus (5th place + ??? place) / 2). So I might switch it to that.

Also The Immortal is mean and doesn't want to use Star rank for anything besides the Daily tours. Other ideas:
  • Mention in Room Intro (The current Imposter Champion is: )
  • Influence over the next contest's ladders/team picks
  • Temporary CT on Smogon (I have to clear this with the rest of upper staff first)
  • Some combination of the above

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)