All Gens The Inaugural Ancient Lower Tiers Premier League I - Manager Sign Ups

(approved by the RoA Tournament Mods)
1673316582287.png

(art by Kolohe )
Hosted by BigFatMantis and Monky25

Welcome to the very first edition of the Ancient Lower Tiers Premier League! Lower tiers of these older gens tend to get less representation in their respective subforums for many team tours, so this tour is designed with the goal to give these tiers an extra team tour to shine! There will be 10 total tiers for ALT PL:
  • RBY Ubers :Mewtwo:
  • RBY UU :Tentacruel:
  • RBY NU :Moltres:
  • GSC Ubers :Lugia:
  • GSC UU :Granbull:
  • GSC NU :Xatu:
  • ADV Ubers :Kyogre:
  • ********ADV UU :Walrein:
  • ADV NU :Wailord:
  • FLEX SLOT :Machoke: (This flex slot will change each season, but for this edition it will be either ADV DOU or ADV PU, depending on what prospective managers prefer)
********ADV UU will be unofficially testing Jumpluff + re-testing Arena Trap. As such, Jumpluff + Arena Trap will be unbanned from ADV UU for the duration of this tour.

If you are interested in being manager, use the following form to sign up below!

Code:
Manager:
Co-Manager:
Team Name (must have a Gen 1-3 pokemon in the name, such as "Big Bad Beedrills" etc.):
What tier do you prefer for flex slot?: (ADV DOU or ADV PU)
What makes you a good manager pick?:
  • All managers must have a co-manager, but you can list your co as "TBD" if you do not immediately have one (must have one before manager signups close though).​
  • All teams can retain one manager for 10k 12k credits. You are not required to retain a manager though if you do not want to.​
  • There will be 6 total teams, regardless of signups. Therefore, there will be 6 total manager duos selected.​
  • All teams are required to have a minimum of 13 players.​
  • The flex slot will be determined as managers are chosen.​
  • The manager selection process is admittedly very subjective - please do not be upset if you are not chosen, and we hope you can have fun anyways as a player!​

Manager Signups will close at 11:59 PM GMT-4 on January 15th or potentially a bit sooner depending on signups.

Last edited:
Manager: ArcticBreeze
Co-Manager: JabbaTheGriffin
Team Name: Glalie = ADV UU / Ban Glalie from ADV NU / whatever the hosts want it to be
What tier do you prefer for flex slot?: ADV DOU
What makes you a good manager pick?: jabba is ancient ig,,,

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
E94000F9-F447-4D17-AB50-DD8521C481A5.png

Thanks to the GOAT Albatross

Manager: Paulluxx
Co-Manager: Ctown6
Team Name: SLAY QUEEN SNORLAXES (credit to Sabelette)
What makes you a good manager pick?: Ctown and I have ample and successful managerial careers. He managed and won the Pokemon Perfect Premier League this past year. I managed and made finals tiebreak in the Pet Mods Premier League, and have managed in multiple other side tours.
We are also both very active players of the tiers in this tournament.

Edit: We dropped the THE

Last edited:
MagLogoV4.png

My attempt at a logo <3 Not amazing but it has rugged charm.

Manager: PichuFlash
Co-Manager: BT89
Team Name: The Magnum Magcargos
What tier do you prefer for the flex slot?: ADV PU
What makes you a good manager slot?: I am a hands-on manager. If I believe my teammate is making a building error, I have the knowledge base to make proper critiques and guide them to victory. I have a very good grasp of GSC and ADV lower tiers, and I run an ADV NU discord server where I help people build and test their teams. I played in this past NUPL for the Moneymaker Musharnas and in Jabba's NU Open. I've written 3 articles for ADV NU on the smogon forums (speed tiers, sweepers, HP guide). My co-manager is BT89. He is an active contributor to the RBY and GSC forums, and has written many analyses for RBY NU, GSC UU, etc. He will provide most of the RBY expertise for the team.

Last edited:
Manager: Torchic
Co-Manager: gorex
Team Name: Trailblazer Torchics
What makes you a good manager pick?: I am active in both Ubers and UU community had some good results in UWL / UPL / UUSD / UUPL / Ubers Retro Cup played in RBY Ubers / RBY UU / GSC Ubers / GSC UU / ADV Ubers and I have some knowledge of the other tiers. Also I know players pools of those communities well. I have actually managed some CN team tours like China Premier League with great success. On the other hand my co-manager gorex covers ADV well with RUPL / RUSD management experience. We will manage a motivated team and we are dedicated to providing the best experience for all participants.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Manager: Amaranth
Co-Manager: emma
Team Name: Criminal Cradilys
What makes you a good manager pick?: ive managed spl x2 scl x1 unofficials more times than i care to count. i'm a good talent scout and i know the tiers well

Last edited:

vani

This is the way.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manager: vani
Co-Manager: Mr.378
Team Name: Shuckle Soldiers
What makes you a good manager pick?: I managed in GSCPL II and III and a bunch of german tours and I'm actively playing all GSC tiers. Daniel is ancient himself and the Iron Man of Ubers. He managed countless tours on this site, most recently UPL and GSCPL, and he played almost every tier in this tour at some point.

Last edited:

MrSoup

my gf broke up with me again
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Manager: MrSoup
Co-Manager: innovamania
Team Name: Top Percentage Rattatas
What tier do you prefer for flex slot?: ADV PU
What makes you a good manager pick?: I mainly play and have a strong knowledge of the old gen low tiers, with top results in NUSD, RBY NU Cup, RBY UU Spotlight, ADV PU Tour, etc, and a good understanding of these tiers' player pools. I'm involved with many of these tiers' discussions and am very motivated to lead as someone who is invested in these metas. This is the perfect tour for me to manage as a user with strong activity in these communities and genuine interest in their outcome. innovomania is a RoA legend himself, playing in all of the low tier premier leagues at some point (winning uupl and nupl playing adv) and many other old gen low tier tours. He's well connected in these scenes and has great knowledge of metas/building.

Last edited:
Manager signups will close in about 48 hours or so - if you plan on signing up don't miss your chance at a part of history by forgetting to sign up before the deadline.

Also if you have already signed up but need a team name still, have one ready for the deadline or DM me a pokemon and I'll come up with one for you.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Manager: Estarossa
Co-Manager: avarice
Team Name (must have a Gen 1-3 pokemon in the name, such as "Big Bad Beedrills" etc.): tbd
What tier do you prefer for flex slot?: (ADV DOU or ADV PU) ADV DOU
What makes you a good manager pick?: Both experienced UU and GSC players who are active within UU Oldgens and have experience managing other tours and know most of the tiers between us.

A huge thanks to everyone who signed up for the Inaugural Ancient Lower Tiers Premier League! After discussion between the hosts, the selected managers and their teams are:

Team A: :snorlax: Slay Queen Snorlaxes- Managed by Paulluxx and Ctown6
Team B: :torchic: Trailblazer Torchics- Managed by Torchic and gorex
Team C: :cradily: Criminal Cradilys- Managed by Amaranth and emma
Team D: :shuckle: Shuckle Soldiers- Managed by vani and Mr.378
Team E: :rattata: Top Percentage Rattatas- Managed by MrSoup and innovamania
Team F: tbd- Managed by Estarossa and avarice

As chosen by the selected managers, the flex slot for this tour will be ADV DOU. Managers, remember that only ONE of you is allowed to retain yourselves if you choose. Please PM myself and BigFatMantis on which one of you is playing as soon as possible. Manager signups will be coming very soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)