SM Ubers The infamous Evopass, a SM Ubers RMT

"art" by shrang
Introduction
Hello, I am Thimo (most cancerous person ever tbh), and I would've never thought I would RMT a Baton Pass team, like "pffft, that's cancer bro." Though, here I am with a low-risk Baton Pass team! Awesome right?! I bet everyone knows this team at this point so might as well RMT it! I came up with this idea because I was bored and wanted to do something new, something, extraordinary... I know Eevee Baton Pass teams are used but, their reliability nearly hits bloody 0. I felt like making a reliable one. Something with low risk, yet high reward. I started up with the idea of using Tailwind. It basically lets Eevee outspeed the opponent, and unlike Reflect + Light Screen, this setup is way faster, doesn't sacrifice moveslots and prevents all kinds of other nifty things like flinches! Then I came up with the idea to use Sing on Eevee, which worked out pretty well, but it's accuracy has lost me games. I felt there needed to be a way to fix that problem, which there was; Gravity. In case you didn't know, Gravity boosts the accuracy of moves with a 1.67 multiplier. Sing was effectively turned into a reliable move with 92 accuracy for a couple of turns. Which suited my needs.

The Team
A small overview of the team. With explanations of moves, EVs, roles and the big picture of whatever you want and need to know about every individual pokemon of the team. This is the main part of the RMT so you might wanna give it a bit of a read before using it yourself. Also note that this isn't the order of how I built the team, but rather in what order to use the team.

Mew @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 8 HP / 84 Atk / 164 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Gravity
- Explosion

Mew, the lead. This thing can do much more than people initially expect. I went with Mew, because the other pokemon with the Tailwind + Gravity combo, bar Smeargle, simply can't faint itself with any kind of move. Mew is pretty bulky and suits this role just fine. Gravity and Tailwind gives Eevee the support it really needs. Taunt helps me deal with phazers or help out Eevee in advance by preventing the opponents Taunt, or something similar. Explosion is a quick and safe way to Eevee, which also prevents stalling Tailwind + Gravity by switching. It does good damage and breaks Sturdy and Focus Sashes too, which can sometimes help the recipients. The EV spread lets Mew live a Knock Off + Shadow Sneak from 104+ Attack Alolan Muk if it doesn't get poisoned by Poison Touch. The HP EVs give it a good HP number giving it 1 hit point below a 8. That decreases the damage of residual damage that deal 1/8th damage (includes but not limited by: Leech Seed, Stealth Rock). The Speed EVs along with its Jolly Nature lets it outrun most Taunt pokemon which would render Mew useless otherwise. The rest is put into Attack so Explosion does some extra damage. Focus Sash lets it live strong hits and setup anyway.

Eevee @ Eevium Z
Ability: Run Away
EVs: 240 HP / 36 Def / 16 SpD / 216 Spe
Hardy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Last Resort
- Baton Pass
- Sing
- Substitute

Eevee, the baton passer. Eevee has just one job, and that's passing Extreme Evoboost safely to one of the three recipients. Last Resort is needed for Extreme Evoboost, in case you didn't know that yet. Baton Pass lets it pass those boosts to the recipients. Sing let's it put asleep stuff, which helps with phazers, hazers, Heart Swap, Perish Song, Taunt, etc. Substitute gives Eevee a free Baton Pass if you manage to set one up after a Sing, or even without one. As for the Ability, I opted for Run Away because, unlike Adaptability, it doesn't benefit Skill Swap, Role Play and Trace. As for the EV spread, it gives me a good HP number to begin with, 1 hit point below a multiple of both 8 and 6. It makes residual damage from 1/8th damage and residual damage from 1/6th and 1/4th damage (includes but not limited by: Curse and 2 and 3 Layered Spikes) less. The Defense EVs let me live a Life Orb boosted Extreme Speed from Arceus, making me able to put it asleep and giving me a chance to setup. The 16 Special Defense EVs let me live a Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse at +2 Special Defense all the time, except when it's a critical hit. The Speed EVs let me outspeed Deoxys-Attack without a Speed boosting Nature in Tailwind and after an Extreme Evoboost. The Hardy Nature is forced because Sing is an event move and even though I have Last Resort as a move, I opted for 0 Attack IVs because I'm simply never gonna use it with Baton Pass in my set, sure when everything else dies. But relying on an Eevee sweep which you can only do after you have used the other moves is very unlikely.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass

Espeon, the bouncer. Espeon is my inbetweener most of the time. It comes in on many phazers which makes it so good. Access to Stored Power is a godly gift, because it can one shot almost anything. Dark Types do have an immunity to it however, which is where Dazzling Gleam comes in. It is Espeon's strongest move for Dark Types. However, on most of them Baton Passing to Krookodile is the play because Krookodile comes in on nearly every Dark move. Calm Mind lets me boost Stored Power, its Special Attack and Special Defense at the same time. And is very useful in a situation against Geomancy Xerneas. As for the EV spread. I opted for one with maximized defenses. Espeon doesn't need much Special Attack or Speed and to add to that, it isn't the bulkiest thing around, and especially in a tier with nearly every pokemon allowed, it's very useful. The 8 Special Attack EVs gives me a bigger chance to OHKO an uninvested Arceus-Steel after a Calm Mind and the boosts from Eevee.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Krookodile, the sweeper. Krookodile is phenominal. On first sight you might think, "Bloody hell mate, the fuck is that crap?" However, that's what I thought too, until I tried it. And guess what. I love it! Being immume to Prankster isn't the only buff it got. Power Trip is like a Dark Type Physical Stored Power, slap a Choice Band on it, and it's so fucking strong man (hope ur not a female and triggered right now). It can one shot everything, though there are a few exceptions. However, do not worry, nearly all those exceptions get eliminated after a Moxie boost. Only Fluffy Bewear, physically defensive Unaware Clefable and unviable quad resist pokemon like Pangoro and Scrafty if they have physical defensive investment in the first place can tank it after a Moxie boost. I have Knock Off and Earthquake in my moveset for if I need to do damage without any boosts. Pursuit lets me deal with Mega Gengar, which is a pretty huge threat. The EVs let me do as much damage as possible, whilst also outspeeding +2 84 Speed Xerneas at +2. The rest is put into HP which just like Eevee and Mew happens to be a beneficial number, it is 1 hit point below a multiple of 8 and 6.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Arceus-Steel, the backup. I'm calling it a backup because it deals with many things that threathen my team, it also can sweep through the opponents team if Espeon or Krookodile get critted, overwhelmed, or if Baton Pass fails completely. Even though it is a nice recipient, I only use it against Psychic Terrain teams as recipient most of the time, because it can tank hits from Deoxys-Attack. The set I'm using is a simple Calm Mind set with Judgment and Earth Power as coverage moves. Judgment hits pretty hard, and Earth Power just straight up fucks Primal Groudon if it dares to switch in. Even though you want a lot of prediction with it. It usually does its job well. The EV spread is for damage output and being agile. Other types can be used for it, but I prefer Steel for its many resistances.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Transform
-
-
-

Ditto, the anti-setup. This thing does more in the back than it does in the field, threathen setuppers. This thing is the reason people won't Geomancy with their Xerneas or Swords Dance with Arceus on turn 1. The set is relatively simple and standard. The IV spread gives me Hidden Power Rock. Which can help me against Ho-Oh if their Xerneas happens to have Hidden Power, and is low and the opponent happens to have a Ho-Oh in the back. Though uncommon, it doesn't really have any drawbacks. 0 Happiness is for Frustration Mega Salamence who think they're anti-ditto. 252 HP over 248 HP because the only drawback 252 has over 248 is that it dies to Curse, 2 and 3 layer Spikes, and its own Substitutes faster. All of which are relatively uncommon. The set should be self-explanatory really.​

Alternative Movesets
Here I showcase alternative movesets for the pokemon on my team. I'm gonna explain shortly what their benefits and drawbacks are to the team and why for each alternative moveset in this list. I'm also gonna list if other changes in the team are to be made with sets. I will be bolding changes from the original set

Mew @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Gravity
- Explosion

The Mental Herb set will help against fast taunters, mainly Deoxys-Speed, Deoxys-Attack and Mega Gengar. This spread lets Mew live Mega Gengar Shadow Ball 100% of the time, unless it crits. I chose for HP investment instead of Special Defense investment so it still lives a 104+ Attack Alolan Muk Knock Off + Shadow Sneak if it doesn't Poison with Poison Touch.

Espeon @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun

This is a set that's more dedicated to be a standalone sweeper. Colbur Berry helps against Dark moves for 1 time, which in most cases is more than enough. The set also has Morning Sun over Baton Pass, which is for recovery. This set is infinitely better than the other if Baton Pass happens to fail and you have to rely on other pokemon. However, I can't really choose which set I prefer.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Beat Up / Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

This set has Beat Up over Knock Off, this helps with dealing with Sash spammers. I'd say this set is more useful in Anything Goes where Deoxys-Attack spam is somewhat common, and since the team lacks Stealth Rock, this set should excel against them. Crunch is another option you can use over Knock Off, because of the newly introduced Z-Crystals, abundance of primals, Arceus forms, Mega Pokemon and other Knock Off proof pokemon like Giratina-O.​

Threatlist
This is a small and compact list of whatever threathens the team. They're sometimes big threats and sometimes small threats, but I just put them all, or the majority at least, in this list. Also note that these count for the primary movesets mainly.

Choice Scarf - Users like Kyogre and Xerneas can usually outspeed Eevee and OHKO it, which sucks. I usually deal with it by threathening it out with another pokemon like Arceus-Steel or Ditto.
Focus Sash - Focus Sash on its own isn't that threathening, but multiple can severely damage Krookodile or Espeon to the point I have to rely on Ditto or Arceus-Steel. The reasoning of this is my lack of Hazards.
Transform/Imposter - They Copy my stat boost and can counter-sweep me. My way of dealing with it is by not going to Krookodile but rather to Espeon or Arceus-Steel with the boosts. They can outstall the 5 PP moves.
Heart Swap - Heart Swap swaps the stat boosts onto itself. I rely on bringing my sweeper in before the pokemon is in, or by putting the pokemon asleep. Or by transforming into it with Ditto after it already swapped the boosts.
Priority - Extreme Speed and other kinds of priority can damage Eevee before I can setup. After I setup they still can damage me before I pass the boosts. My way of dealing with them is putting them asleep before setting up.
Phazing - Dragon Tail and Circle throw are the most threathening forms of phazing, I do not have any counter to them except relying on them missing when I'm spamming substitute, or I put them asleep. For Roar and Whirlwind I put them asleep or go to Espeon.
Flinching - Flinching can be devastating. If I do not get up a Tailwind or Gravity, its pretty much over. My way of dealing with it is by going to Arceus-Steel to threathen it out.
Fast Taunt - Fast taunters can prevent Mew from setting up the moves it needs to setup. They can also prevent Eevee from Baton Passing the boosts. My way of dealing with them is by Pursuit Trapping them with Krookodile or deal with them with Arceus-Steel or Ditto.
Critical Hits - Critical Hits are stupid, everyone can agree. However this team relies on not getting crit, because it can totally ruin the whole team. I don't have any counters to it, so if I get critted, I have to use my backup pokemon.
Fighting Moves - Hits that are Super Effective to Eevee are devastating and usually OHKO and I rely on my backup mons to threathen them out or deal with them before setting up with Eevee.
Strong Hits - Hits as strong as a Water Spout from Primal Kyogre aren't easily dealt with, I have to either threathen them out or put them asleep, and hope they don't wake up.
Fast Pokemon - Fast pokemon just like Choice Scarf pokemon can outspeed Eevee even in Tailwind, which it doesn't like. Getting rid of them by fainting them or threathening them out is favourable.
Anti-Ditto Setup - Stuff like mono-attacking Return Mega Salamence or Calm Mind Arceus forms aren't easily dealt with, because Ditto can't revenge kill them. However, Arceus-Steel usually deals with most of them.
Haze - Haze is uncommon but just as annoying as Heart Swap. And other than using Ditto, dealt with the same way as Heart Swap, With Sing.
Red Card - If your opponent has a Red Card on his team, make sure you one shot it or else you get swapped out. Nothing really has a way to deal with it prior to setting up other than removing it manually.
Perish Song
- Perish Song puts a timer on your pokemon, so if you get perish songed. Make sure to take as much pokemon as possible to your grave, don't preserve Krookodile or Espeon if they're at +2, they're pretty useless without the boosts. To prevent Perish Song, use Sing or Taunt on a pokemon you know or suspect of having it.
Leech Seed - If Eevee gets Leech Seed, don't Baton Pass to Krookodile unless you're sure it sweeps. Espeon and Arceus-Steel can deal with it much better. To prevent it, Substitute, Sing, Taunt or threathen it out with Ditto if it's a Grass Type.
Toxic Spikes - They force you to go to Arceus-Steel with the boosts. Which isn't too much of a drawback, but can hurt at times. To prevent it, Taunt with Mew or bounce with Espeon.
Fear - Because I lack Stealth Rock, I need to Baton Pass to Espeon if it holds Leftovers. You are vulnerable to priority however. Baton Passing to Arceus-Steel to outstall Endeavor is also an option, and so is getting rid of it before setting up.​

Former Team Members
These are team members I have used in the past, I have replaced them for reasons however you can still use them as alternative to whatever I have now. They should work just fine but with a couple of drawbacks.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Memento
- Taunt
- Encore / Moonblast

Whimsicott was the lead, which I replaced with Mew. It pretty much does everything Mew does, set Tailwind, Taunt stuff, Faint itself, except it can't set Gravity. It is also vulnerable to Dark Type pokemon, because Prankster can't touch them in generation 7. This lead is better against fast taunters and hard hitters and makes Eevee better against priority because of Memento.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Snarl / Hurricane

Yveltal was the sweeper, which I replaced with Krookodile. Even though you can still use Yveltal, Krookodile just shines out more swag and doesn't get stopped cold by some common pokemon. The moves are for good coverage, Snarl helped me decrease the damage done to Yveltal from Moonblast or Judgment from Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy respectively, whilst also putting them into Oblivion Wing range. Whereas Hurricane OHKOs them with a slight bit of risk, I don't know which one to put as main move because I liked and dislikes them both equally.​

Lead Strategy
I'm going to divide this part in a scale of how favourable something is for a lead Mew to Eevee safely setting up which goes from 5 (Very Favourable) to 1 (Not Favourable). The higher the number the less likely you have to improvise and change from the Mew to Eevee strategy. Disclaimer: These aren't 100% perfect showcases of how well something does vs the Mew to Eevee strategy, because the opponent might have different move choices or weird gimmicky sets. Note that again these count for Mew's and Eevee's primary moveset.

Very Favourable

Favourable

A Bit Favourable

Not Very Favourable

Not Favourable

Replays
Here are some example replays. Please note that I didn't nitpick ones where the strat worked. Most of the replays are from consecutive battles. I will put notes if applicable. Also note that some of the replays are in Anything Goes, a similar tier.

My own replays.
vs. Fireburn, UTL
vs. Californium, Ubers Moderator
vs. Terminator v1, a stall user
vs. break the mold, Magearna user
vs. Chloe, AGTL
vs. dontstealmypenguin, Anything Goes Moderator
vs. Asim12., Tournament Opponent
vs. Insult, if you are interested in his opinion about the team, click here

Other users' replays.
Paycard vs. parivard, Arceus-Steel coming back from failed Baton Pass attempt
Paycard vs. LajungleTropicale, Arceus-Steel coming back from failed Baton Pass attempt
Paycard vs. krauersaut
saiyan luffy vs. shrang, against Ubers Room Owner with quote unquote "a weird variaton of it"

Seasonals Games
Chloe vs. Froggy
CLC Fardin vs. peak of darkness, Level 56, SPL participant
Quantum Tesseract vs sand1234
Shaymin 492 vs ERZ
Orch vs MMadonna

If you want to submit replays, don't hesitate and just PM me.​

Shoutouts
Shouts out people who I think deserve a shoutout for helping me with this awesome RMT.

Thimo for being awesome​

Import
Team import so you can put the team directly into your teambuilder and have fun with it right away!

Eevee @ Eevium Z
Ability: Run Away
EVs: 240 HP / 36 Def / 16 SpD / 216 Spe
Hardy Nature
- Last Resort
- Baton Pass
- Sing
- Substitute

Espeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass

Mew @ Focus Sash
EVs: 8 HP / 84 Atk / 164 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Gravity
- Explosion

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Transform
-
-
-​

Final words
I really hope you enjoyed my RMT, it was quite long and it took me a while to create but I had fun in doing so. I am sorry for taking away your ability to ban someone in the Ubers room (#Fireburn: I am no longer going to ban ppl for losing to eevee pass) but I don't think you people would ever intend to do that. So yeah, have fun pissing people off with it y/y

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)