National Dex The Jester’s Revenge

So recently, Blacephalo was moved to UUBL on account of Spectrier ”completely outclassing it”.

Uncool.

Blacephalon, in addition to having the strong ghost stab and boost-stacking power, also has fire coverage, which lets it beat some Pokémon such as AV Mage without setup, and trick, which ruins Chansey and Blissey. I’ve found that the best way to use it is as a partner to Spectrier, since it baits in the same Pokemon that check Spectrier, and can then ruin the blobs with trick, burn Ttar forms to weaken them and power up Hex, and weaken their checks so that they won’t have enough hp to check Spectrier later on. Of course, it can’t take on every Spectrier check, which is where the rest of the team comes in.

F6EB8AA6-DB06-44F3-AAEF-9CF20CEA801A.png

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Choice Scarf Blacephalon is my favorite Blacephalon set because it can snowball really fast and can trick its scarf onto a wall. Shadow Ball is a great move to spam and forces your opponent to send in their spectrier check. Flamethrower beats steels who can take a shadow ball, and stops normal types like Lopunny from coming in for free. Will-o-Wisp wrecks both ttar forms and makes Spectrier’s Hex stronger, and Trick ruins walls, especially the blobs, which love to switch in on any special attack.

1609876741979.jpeg

Spectrier @ Leftovers
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Spectrier is an overwhelming force at the moment, and will most likely be banned soon. This is a fairly standard set, with Hex+Wisp for strong ghost stab and also weakening physical mons, Substitute dodges status and can be used to avoid scarf mons and priority, and Nasty Plot lets Spectrier do insane damage. I debated running shadow ball, since I don’t use will-o-wisp in every game and it has more immediate power, but in the games when I do use it, it can often break past something like weakened m-ttar and win the game. Also, Kommo-o no longer walls it.

Hydreigon @ Groundium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

NP groundium-z is a great wallbreaker that baits Heatran and Magearna, both of which are very annoying for this team. It can also take a +2 Spectrier Hex after being burned, which is really helpful, especially since it has roost to keep it from being slowly worn down. The main problem it that 98 speed means that it get outsped by any +speed base 100 Pokémon.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 52 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Mega Scizor is a great role compressor, letting me clear hazards, pivot around while doing considerable damage with u-turn, take on any physical attacker without fire moves, and revenge kill with strong priority. Since it already has more physical bulk than Skarmory, I invested mostly in special defence, and a bit in attack to slightly improve its revenge killing abilities. It also works well with Chansey because they can use their switch moves to pivot between each other to cover both physical and special attackers.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Teleport
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Chansey walls the special side of the spectrum better than pretty much anything. It also plays a great role in defending Spectrier, able to get rid of its team’s status and switch into Spectrier to bring in Hydregion. It isn’t really the best method for dealing with Spectrier, since Spectrier could get a sub up and boost while Chansey brings in Hydregion, but it works most of the time unless Spectrier manages to switch in at the worst possible time, which hasn’t happened too often. Teleport is also really useful for bringing in frail mons like Spectrier and Blacephalon.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

I realized after making this team that it tends to have a lot of problems with stall, as well as no stealth rock support, which is invaluable for Blacephalon and Spectrier. I fiddled around with the move set for a while, but the one I’ve chosen gives me not only stealth rocks, but longevity and taunt to beat stall. It would be nice to have knock off, but I’m not sure whether it’s worth dropping Earthquake.

I think this team is really powerful against fast-paced offense and balance, since Blacephalon, Spectrier, and Scizor can all outspeed or out priority fast Pokémon and kill them. It does well against balance because most of this team has good recovery, and you can keep switch advantage with Scizor and Chansey, and if they ever get weakened, then Spectrier and Blacephalon can run away with the game. The worst matchup by far is stall, even though I added Gliscor to help shut down many stall Pokémon. Spectrier would be great for beating stall, but Chansey just ends it, and Unaware Clefable can often cause problems too.

Thank you for reading, please tell me what you think could be better. Thank you!

PS. Well, looks like Spectrier is getting banned, but I’ll still use this for the next 2 weeks

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rlly cool team, but i might swap out chansey> blissey here, since with the introduction of boots, blissey just does its job much better!

Its a cool team and for future reference u can use a code for the pokemon u want for example [:ss/charizard] (without brackets) to create this:ss/charizard:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)