The Jigglypuff Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jigglypuff is the best Pokémon. Ever.

That being said, it actually has an ability worth using: Friend Guard. For those of you that don't know, Friend Guard reduces all damage done to teammates by 25% while Puff is out. Jigglypuff is currently the only Pokémon to have this ability excluding Igglybuff (as all others who have it have not been released).

About the Giveaway
Participants will be given 1 week to create and play with a Jigglypuff team for the VGC 2012, Nintendo Doubles, or Nintendo Triples tier. Whoever can provide the most winning Pokémon-Online battle logs* with Jigglypuff will be a winner. Also, you will have to post or PM me your team at the end of the week so I can check it against any RMTs out there not made by you. Again, all PO logs/battle videos and teams will have to be posted on Sunday October 23, 2011. Winners will be decided the next day, but only posts made on or before the 23rd will be judged.

*Battle videos may be used, but I figured PO logs would be easier.

What do you win?
The amount of winners will be decided on the amount of entrants, but the structure will be something like this: first place receives the Jigglypuff team and one other team RNG abused; second place receives the Jigglypuff team abused; third place receives a RNG abused Jigglypuff done to their specifications. Again, the amount of first, second, and third place winners is subject to change based on the amount of entrants. Note that I can RNG abuse shinies in Generations III, IV, and V, but anything RNG abused in Generation III will have to be done on an emulator due to me not owning any cart aside from Leaf Green where cart abuse is nearly impossible.

Winners
1. hipoke
2. Impact
3. Jio

Ideas

Jigglypuff has a decent support movepool compatible with Friend Guard.
-Disable
-Toxic
-Protect
-Safeguard
-Perish Song
-Wish
-Gravity
-Captivate
-Charm
-Sweet Kiss

Are we allowed to use teams from RMT's that already have been posted on Smogon if the person using the team is the one that posted the RMT themselves?

(yes, I do have one posted on Smogon already that contains a Friend Guard Jigglypuff)

Are we allowed to use teams from RMT's that already have been posted on Smogon if the person using the team is the one that posted the RMT themselves?

(yes, I do have one posted on Smogon already that contains a Friend Guard Jigglypuff)
You can use the team, but you need logs dated today or later.

I'm wi-fi only. Battle videos are it (meaning I have battle people that don't rage quit when they get Jigglypwned).
Well, battle videos count as a PO log. Seeing that just about everyone disconnects when they're going to lose, I don't think allowing you to use old battle videos would be too unreasonable.

I just wanted to clarify something. I thought I made this kind of obvious, but the winning battle logs/videos have to have Jigglypuff in them. I didn't directly say it, so now I am. You need Jigglypuff in the battle log/video for it to count.

Challenge accepted.

This is really awesome, I'm gonna get goin on it right away. So basically if I provide the most logs with me winning with Jigglypuff I'll get the first prize? And what happens if there's a tie. Nevertheless awesome giveaway, time to be trollin on skarmbliss.

EDIT: Got a log, do I just PM it to you?

I created this site sometime in February 2004 after hearing about the Jigglypuff Challenge from Lullaby, and decided to carry out the challenge myself. Even though the challenge in Blue took only about a month to complete, I waited seven months (October) before putting this site online. Because I am insanely lazy.

fire damage restoration

That's the most confused advertising/spam post I've ever seen... Love to hear how he managed to complete the Friend Guard Jigglypuff Challenge in Blue seven months before it even started.

Ahem.

Anyway, cool giveaway! Jigglypuff is one of my favourite Pokémon, so I might have to give this a go, in the one day I have left. If only it had been Clefairy, though, I have so many wins with that thing...

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yo xElite

I started the challenge just an hour ago, but I'll try to get more vids for you.

1) 70-86331-10044

Jigglypuff is amazing btw......in Melee

All participants should submit their PO logs/battle videos and teams within the next 4 hours, as that's when Sunday officially ends in my time-zone.

You can submit logs via Pastebin, a file-sharing website, or PM me for my email to send them to me.

Seeing that I only got 3 participants that posted battle videos/logs, the following will receive the first place prize (Jigglypuff team + another team RNG abused):
1. hipoke
2. Impact
3. Jio
Teams will be RNG abused in that order as hipoke provided the most logs.
Thanks for participating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)