The Killer Bell (OU RMT)

Hello people! This is a team I built which revolves around getting a Bronzong sweep. Bronzong has always been known as set-up bait who does nothing but set up Stealth Rock and then blow up. However, on this team, Bronzong does serious damage with an offensive Trick Room set. This team is not a Trick Room team. Instead, Trick Room is to ensure that Bronzong easily gets easy kills with a super-boosted STAB Gyro Ball along with team support. Without further ado, here is the team.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Flash Fire
EVs: 128 HP/168 Speed/212 SpAtt
Modest
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Grass
- Dragon Pulse

So, I lead off with Heatran, but he is played differently. I choose to add more bulk over speed. Besides setting up rocks, Heatran is meant to hang around to help counter certain threats therefore I don't find the use of having excessive speed EVs here. It also explains the lack of Explosion.
No Earth Power too, as my team has more than enough ways to beat opposing Heatran. Dragon Pulse allows Heatran to beat opposing Salamence, and I chose Hidden Power Grass to beat Swampert leads.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/40 Attack/216 SpDef
Sassy
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Tyranitar is my main method of removing opposing Ghosts, especially those pesky Rotoms. +SpDef allows T-tar to survive Gengar's Focus Blast, as well as take hits better from Zapdos; -speed enables T-tar to make use of Trick Room.
I tried battling without Choice Band and found that it doesn't really hurt enough, so the Choice Band is put on for more power. Earthquake is mainly filler, I barely ever need to use it.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Sniper
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpAtt/6 SpDef
Modest
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

Kingdra is one of my team's most important members. He is the glue that binds the team together. Blissey's are so reluctant to switch into this despite walling it. Anyway, Specs-Kingdra simply devastates teams with STAB Surfs and Draco Meteors. Being purely special also means that I can switch into Will-o-wisp at will, as well as luring Skarmory to destroy it with Surf. Dragon Pulse gives Kingdra a second option for STAB in the late game, and Ice Beam is filler. I've only used it against Celebi.
Kingdra is going to switch into lots of stuff, such as Trick, Rotom, Gliscor, Gyarados, and Starmie, so HP EVs are prioritized over Speed for this set. Initially, I also wanted to drop Kingdra's speed to make him Quiet so that I can have more fun under Trick Room should Zong be forced to switch. However, I decided that it would be better to be faster than Skarmory without Trick Room so that it cannot stall Kingdra out with Roost.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Defense/6 SpDef
Relaxed
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss/Ice Beam?

Blissey is the team healer. She keeps the team alive, especially Kingdra, Gyarados, and Bronzong, and is crucial to their survival. Protect is to ensure that random Heatran and Magnezone explosions don't end her life, as well as scouting for Trick. Toxic is used over Thunder Wave as the status of choice in order to wear down bulky Waters.
I'm still wondering whether to use Seismic Toss or Ice Beam. I've used Seismic Toss most of the time, but lately Sub-Pain Split Gengars have been surging about, so I've been considering Ice Beam just for that purpose.
EVs are standard Blissey EVs, except for the fact that I dropped Blissey's speed to take advantage of Trick Room.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/72 Attack/96 Defense/184 Speed
Adamant
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge

Another important team member. Without Gyarados, fighting Pokemon will walk all over me. Basically, this is the standard bulky DDGyarados set. I chose this over Life Orb because I find the bulk more important for this team if Gyarados is going to switch into fire and fighting attacks multiple times. Taunt is also great, preventing annoying stuff like Thunder Wave from happening.
I try to keep Gyarados alive for as long as possible, as he is my only fighting resistance on the team.

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Attack/6 SpDef, 0 Speed IVs
Brave
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

My main star. I never thought I'd actually find a set for Bronzong which I love! I just love sweeping with Zong. Basically, this Bronzong easily cleans up once T-tar and Kingdra have eliminated his counters. Especially Rotom, Swampert, and Skarmory, who are the biggest hindrances to Zong, they'll fall to T-tar and Kingdra.
After Trick Room, Bronzong becomes the "fastest" Pokemon in the game, so people are going to eat super-powerful STAB Gyro Balls for the next 5 turns. What's the best thing about it is that I can deploy this during any time of the game. Later, with wish support from Blissey, Zong can then come back healthy and TR over. Macho Brace to make sure I'm as slow as possible, meaning Gyro Ball always OHKOs slow T-tars. Earthquake provides coverage alongside Gyro Ball in order to hit steels, and finally Explosion is in the last slot for that desperation kill just in case things go wrong. A "fast" Explosion under TR works wonders.
Brave with max Attack is a must in order to maximize Gyro Ball damage.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How this team fares against OU Pokemon (feel free to skip this if you don't like reading long text walls):
Aerodactyl - I take my chances with Heatran and set up SR and hope they don't taunt. If they do, I attack them on their SR turn to break sash, then make a free switch to Bronzong.
Azelf - Again, SR is set up if they don't taunt. If they do, I stay in to kill with Fire Blast. Sweeping Azelfs are dealt with by T-tar and Blissey.
Blissey - I usually switch to T-tar, but due to being Sassy, the damage done to her can be rather low. My other response is Gyarados and hope that she doesn't T-wave on the switch. If she has no Flamethrower, then I get free Trick Room with Zong.
Breloom - Probably this team's most hated foe, especially if he switches in on T-tar. I have to either let either T-tar or Gyarados sleep then I go to either Heatran, Bronzong or Kingdra to kill it. Breloom usually kills at least one team member. Luckily, it's easy to revenge kill.
Bronzong - Assuming standard support Zong, Free Trick Room set-up. Free DD for Gyara, Kingdra gets to wash it down with Surf. And Heatran burns it to the ground. So many options.
Celebi - T-tar, Kingdra, and Bronzong can easily handle it.
Dragonite - Lead-nite gets owned by Shuca Heatran's Dragon Pulse, otherwise, I bait an Outrage or Draco Meteor, then go for the kill with Heatran or Bronzong.
Dusknoir - Kingdra to eat Will-o-wisp, then attack with a STAB attack of choice. Heatran can work too, with Shuca softening Dusknoir's EQ.
E-vire - No electric attacks mean no Motor Drive boost against my team. Kingdra and Heatran can easily deal with it.
Empoleon - Blissey should be able to handle it. Otherwise Bronzong can Trick Room while it uses Agility.
Flygon - Zong and TR. Gyarados can handle any set w/o Stone Edge.
Forretress - I don't want that thing setting up spikes, so I try to dispose of it ASAP with Heatran or Kingdra.
Gengar - T-tar is main counter. Bronzong as a last resort. Gyarados can work too if it has no Thunderbolt.
Gliscor - Kingdra and Gyarados
Gyarados - Kingdra checks it. Bronzong explosion as a last resort.
Heatran - Kingdra, Gyarados, and Blissey
Heracross - Gyarados mainly. SD versions have caused me a lot of trouble, but luckily they are rare.
Hippowdon - Kingdra and Gyarados
Infernape - Gyarados is main check. SD versions with Stone Edge or Thunder Punch are quite deadly to this team though. I usually have to intimidate it, then hope for Kingdra to survive +1 CC. Worse comes to worse, stall out CC PP.
Jirachi - Kingdra and Heatran. Bronzong also gets easy TR off if it plays CM.
Jolteon - No way it's getting past Blissey, or even T-tar for that matter.
Kingdra - Lure an Outrage, then Zong gets easy TR on it. Gyro Ball will 2HKO if it has any speed boosts.
Lucario - Gyarados is main check.
Machamp - Machamp (lead) is very, very annoying. I have to intimidate it with Gyarados, then switch to Kingdra to eat the weakened Stone Edge.
Magnezone - Blissey. Bronzong also easily lures it as it uses TR on the switch then EQ Magz before it can Magnet Rise.
Mamoswine - Gyarados and Bronzong.
Metagross - Gyarados, Kingdra, and Bronzong
Ninjask - Immediate response is Bronzong and Trick Room.
Roserade - Usually sleeps something thus is annoying. Blissey and Heatran does well against it.
Rotom-A - T-tar and Blissey. Switch to Heatran or Kingdra if I predict Trick.
Salamence - So far, it has never killed more than one Pokemon on my team. As with Kingdra and Dragonite, I have to bait an Outrage or Meteor then kill it with Heatran or Bronzong.
Scizor - Gyarados, Heatran, and Kingdra
Skarmory - Is usually lured in by Kingdra, before dying to Surf. Otherwise, Heatran disposes of it.
Snorlax - Quite annoying to the team. Usually I intimidate it Gyara, then taunt his curses. Otherwise, I check it with either T-tar or Bronzong.
Starmie - Easily dealt with due to Blissey and Kingdra
Suicune - Kingdra and Blissey
Swampert - Heatran lures and kills with HP Grass. Kingdra works too, and Blissey can simply poison him.
Tentacruel - Easy TR setup for Zong. Kingdra also works well(most switch out thinking it's physical)
Togekiss - Blissey and Toxic.
T-tar - Bronzong. Gyarados and Kingdra can easily revenge kill it.
Vaporeon - Kingdra and Blissey
Weavile - Bronzong and Heatran
Zapdos - Blissey and T-tar

So, here is the team. C&C. Any way to help against SD Nape?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)