The Kind of a BIGger Deal Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
GL to all! Nice to see this cool tournament being revived.

Just wondering how the Wild Cards were chosen. The Top32 were chosen on how many games they played as far as i can tell and then the WC's were hand picked randomly? Thats a kinda inconsistent and unfair system in my opinion. Im pretty sure there are several people that wonder why this method was chosen over one consisting of raw facts.

Either chose the WC's with the method you used to determine the Top32 or grab everyone based on 'winning percentage' in the Top 100 in future installments of this tournament.
But maybe im all wrong and you guys did this already and people just didnt wish to participate.

Have Fun!

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Kevin Garrett vs twash
xtrashine vs Bloo
6A9 Ace Matador vs JabbaTheGriffin
Krack vs ENZ0
locopoke vs Ciele
Giga Punch vs Heist
kd24 vs Nachos
ToF vs Philip7086
Bad Ass vs Iconic
Eo Ut Mortus vs Cristal
Lady Bug vs Earthworm
Bluewind vs Ojama
M Dragon vs McMeghan
Loki vs Aqualouis

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
GL to all! Nice to see this cool tournament being revived.

Just wondering how the Wild Cards were chosen. The Top32 were chosen on how many games they played as far as i can tell and then the WC's were hand picked randomly? Thats a kinda inconsistent and unfair system in my opinion. Im pretty sure there are several people that wonder why this method was chosen over one consisting of raw facts.

Either chose the WC's with the method you used to determine the Top32 or grab everyone based on 'winning percentage' in the Top 100 in future installments of this tournament.
But maybe im all wrong and you guys did this already and people just didnt wish to participate.

Have Fun!
Everyone who was top 32 automatically received an invite. 8 people did not want to play. I then looked on the 33-50 wins list for people who:

- had a good win %
- had done well in the most recent Smogon Tours (11-13)
- made a top 16
- had participated in the previous Kind of a Big Deal

Iconic was 33rd in wins, ToF is the recent champion, McMeghan made top 16, Delta is a previous Tour Champion, ENZ0 is a former runner-up, Ciele made top 8, Ojama has an excellent win % and is two seasons removed from top 16, and Phil was in the previous installment of my tournament.

I understand that you and potentially other players in the 33-50 range may be upset that they were not picked, but these choices were at my digression and I am very confident in the caliber of players that I chose.

Kevin Garrett vs twash
xtrashine vs Bloo
Krack vs ENZ0
locopoke vs Ciele
Giga Punch vs Heist
kd24 vs Nachos
ToF vs Philip7086
Bad Ass vs Iconic
Eo Ut Mortus vs Cristal
Bluewind vs Ojama
M Dragon vs McMeghan
Loki vs Aqualouis

It would be great if the players could save their battle logs and send them to the host (who would post them at the end). Since it's a tournament between top players, i'm sure there are other people like me who would be pleased to watch such matches.

Philip7086 vs. ToF = ToF, 2-1

3 close games, where ADV was decided on a damage roll. GGs man, I guess you can keep your trophy...

Edit: Apparently it wasn't a damage roll in ADV, I guessed his spread wrong. GGs!

i beat phil in adv and bw, lost dpp

adv was won on a 50/50 that i guessed right
dpp i got straight owned
bw was typical pokemon but i had a team matchup that was difficult for him to overcome

ggs brotha

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
shit matchup in adv, shit playing in dpp where i choked my win (a crit might have mattered but i played so bad i probably don't deserve shit).

good luck

Kevin Garrett vs twash
xtrashine vs Bloo
Krack vs ENZ0
locopoke vs Ciele
Giga Punch vs Heist
kd24 vs Nachos
Malekith vs Delta 2777
ToF vs Philip7086
Bad Ass vs Iconic
Eo Ut Mortus vs Cristal
Lady Bug vs Earthworm
Bluewind vs Ojama
M Dragon vs McMeghan
reyscarface vs Taylor
Loki vs Aqualouis

Kevin Garrett vs twash
Ace Mata6A9dor vs JabbaTheGriffin
Krack vs ENZ0
Giga Punch vs Heist
kd24 vs Nachos
Bad Ass vs Iconic
Eo Ut Mortus vs Cristal
M Dragon vs McMeghan
Loki vs Aqualouis

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Kevin Garrett vs twash
Giga Punch vs Heist
kd24 vs Nachos
Bad Ass vs Iconic (DPP)
Eo Ut Mortus vs Cristal
M Dragon vs McMeghan
Loki vs Aqualouis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)