The Late Night Tournament - Season 4 (FINALS!) [Won by Earthworm]

Double Rainbow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello, ladies and gentlemen! The Late Night Tournament is back, and better than ever before!

I am pleased to announce that for this cycle I will have Reyscarface and Undisputed joining me in helping run LNT as my Co-Hosts. (Because I'm lazy as shit, its about time someone who is responsible took over the reinsRBG takes offense to this). They will be running the tournaments and picking themes for a majority of the weeks. You are more than welcome to come to them (actually I encourage it) for any problems that may arise.

ONTO THE TL;DR section!

Season 4 Intro:

• With the weekly Smogon Tours coming to a close, another tournament series will be grabbing the reins. It may not have the prestige of the Smogon Tour, but what it lacks in that area it makes up for with fun and innovation.

• Some players may still remember the humble beginnings of this tournament series as a 16 man, (supposedly) nightly affair hastily organized on shoddybattle. The idea was simple - a tournament with crazy, arbitrary rules decided by me which was fun while having little competitive impact. After the reasonable success of the first season (now officially season "zero"), I decided that it would be appropriate to move the tournament to Smogon. Since then it has slowly gained popularity as a fun alternative to standard play in the Smogon Tour's offseasons. Last season, RB Golbat took over most of the tournament's responsibilities when my free time was cut short, but this season I have more free time and should be able to host frequently (though I would still appreciate some help from the usual assortment of shoddy battle mods).

• This new season will feature a blend of exciting new themes with the greatest themes from last season. I changed the times last season to make them more playable, but still maintained the tournaments as a series that actually took place at night. After a ridiculous amount of badgering from US East and European players, I have decided to give up on having the name make sense and just make the times more convenient. It is extremely likely that there will be two weekend tournaments, one for Americans + Australians, and one for Americans + Europeans.

• I have updated the old LNT site with info from last season, as well as some possible new themes, in case anyone wants to take a look.

About the Tournament:
  • Each tournament will consist of standard matches with a theme, which provides a change in the rules of the game. Some of these changes will be minor, but most will have a large effect on gameplay, teambuilding, or both.
  • Tournament times are as follows:

• Monday: 7:00 pm PDT
  • Wednesday: 7:00pm PDT
  • Friday: 9:00 PDT

• The themes are ultimately decided by me (matty, Reyscarface and undisputed). If you have a theme suggestion, feel free to tell us on IRC or Pokemon Online. Honestly, suggestions posted in this thread will probably be ignored.
  • There will be small prizes available to the top finishers in the LNT finals. The grand prize is a custom title (oooo aaaaaah). The third place prize will probably be kicking Hector from Shoddy Battle. The second place prize has not yet been decided but it will probably have something to do with kicking Hector more times. (P.S. does Hector even play anymore? We can kick someone else if he doesn't).
  • It's a lot of fun!

Signing Up:

• Signups will be taken in this thread.
  • Signups will begin 25-30 minutes before the tournament starts.
  • The day's theme will likely be posted well ahead of time (at least a day in advance, usually two). It is likely that many of the old LNT's themes will be used again at some point.
  • Most tournaments will cap at 32 players. Some may go up to 64 if enough players sign up.
  • Signups are taken on a first come, first served basis. However, it is likely that we will need substitutes. Feel free to sign up as a substitute.
  • If you need to drop out for whatever reason, that's fine. Just be sure to actually tell the host unless you want to make me very angry. And this should be obvious, but do not sign up if you cannot play.

Playing:

• Be ready to play at the start of the tournament. If you do not have a team ready to go at the start, you will be subbed out. This is a live tournament, and it will not be delayed on account of a single person. This applies to substitutes as well - have a team ready to go.
  • Matches will be posted on the last page and in the second post of this thread. Start your match as soon as you can find your opponent.
  • The tournament will be hosted on the Smogon University Pokemon Online server.
  • Do not scout your opponents. You can watch any match you like, but if a player asks you to leave then you must do so. Failure to comply with this rule will get you banned from future Late Night Tournaments.
  • Be sure to post the results of your match in this thread as soon as it finishes. Post even if I or another host was watching your match. Post even if you PM me on Pokemon Online or irc.
  • It is recommended that you save logs in order to avoid disputes.

Rules:

• Standard Smogon battling rules apply (sleep, freeze, species, soul dew, self ko, OHKO, and evasion clauses on, timer on) unless otherwise noted by that night's theme.
  • Have good sportsmanship. Things like spamming, scouting, and being obnoxious will earn you an automatic forfeit.
  • Even if you are playing in the Late Night Tournament, you must follow the rules of Pokemon Online. If you are banned during the tournament or kicked during a match, you will lose.
Leaderboard and Points

• The leader-board is where we keep track of the players who progress the furthest in each tournament. The more games you win, the more points you get. Duh!
  • Points Breakdown
    • 4th/3rd: 1 Point
    • 2nd: 2 Points
    • 1st: 4 Points
  • At the end of the season we will have a Winner, a runner up and a 3rd place all of which get assorted prizes (TBD)
  • Click below for the current Leaderboard
Late Night Tournament - Season 4 Leaderboard

(BAN ME PLEASE) CUP!

• Standard Generation 5 OU Tourney with the following exceptions:
  • All Pokemon must be Black or Brown color. Pimpoleon and AFROBULL are allowed, too.
  • All Pokemon must carry the move "Thief". If you use Empoleon it must have Swagger, and if you use Baffuron it must have Afro Break.
  • No shinies are allowed. Refer to the "Allowed Pokemon" list to see what you can use.
R1

Colonel M vs reachzero
reyscarface vs syrim
WhiteQueen vs pokemonrocks777
AlphaJolt vs Earthworm
Class vs zfs
T-Dogg vs drcossack
symphonyx64 vs Random Pizzaman
toshimelonhead vs TheFourthChaser
tophway vs Werecario
locopoke vs Nanoswine
ENZ0 vs StevenSnype
Paradox vs doomvendingmachine

R2

locopoke vs StevenSnype
T-Dogg vs TheFourthChaser
Class vs Random Pizzaman
doomvendingmachine vs WhiteQueen
reachzero vs tophway
reyscarface vs AlphaJolt

R3

reachzero vs TheFourthChaser
Class vs StevenSnype
reyscarface vs doomvendingmachine

FINALS

Class vs doomvendingmachine
doomvendingmachine vs reachzero
Class vs reachzero

Clear Skies

Rules:

• Standard OU: Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, Species Clause, Self KO Clause, Wifi Clause
  • No Pokemon may have any of the following abilities: Drizzle, Sand Stream, Drought, Snow Warning
  • These TMs are not usable: Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Sunny Day, Hail
R1

pidge vs nailsou
jabbathegriffin vs extra.
shartruce2 vs stolenpaper
thefourthchaser vs tophway
i love the rain vs mikey229
reyscarface vs random pizzaman
wilson46 vs sevendeadlysins
lord liam vs symphonyx64
eco vs dragonman13
doomvendingmachine vs zfs
davy jones vs class
iconic vs reachzero
morty vs knuckles1299
goldensun vs trainerjh
macle vs undisputed
eo ut mortus vs bitchass

R2

sevendeadlysins vs doomvendingmachine
pidge vs undisputed
class vs lord liam
eo ut mortus vs mikey229
reyscarface vs extra.
eco vs reachzero
morty vs goldensun
shartruce2 vs tophway

R3

shartruce2 vs eo ut mortus
reyscarface vs goldensun
class vs doomvendingmachine
undisputed vs reachzero

R4

goldensun vs eo ut mortus
class vs reachzero

R5

reachzero vs goldensun

Street PKMN!

• Everything goes here!
  • Yes, with "everything goes" we mean everything goes.
  • No Clauses, no bans, no anything! If you feel like using 6 Arceus or 6 Darkrais and Sleep everything on the opponent's team youre free to do so! (Do take that its much, much more complex than that, though!)
  • The exception to No Clauses is Timer, which has to be set for every match, of course.
  • This is Generation 5, by the way, but you dont have to use Wifi Clause.
  • You may NOT use unreleased Dream World Abilities, Items or Pokemon.
R1

Eo Ut Mortus vs wilson46
Pidge vs LizardMan
Rolf vs TobesMcGobes
drcossack vs TheFourthChaser
undisputed vs Lamppost
Golden Sun vs Class
extra. vs reyscarface
SJCrew vs tophway
ZeroTarken vs BlisseyofDoom
sb879 vs Earthworm
Gary MF Oak vs DaPlayaFlow
TrainerJH vs Eco

R2

Golden Sun vs BlisseyofDoom
Lamppost vs DaPlayaFlow
Pidge vs SJCrew
Eo Ut Mortus vs Rolf
reyscarface vs TheFourthChaser
Earthworm vs TrainerJH

R3

Eo Ut Mortus vs TheFourthChaser
Earthworm vs BlisseyofDoom
SJCrew vs DaPlayaFlow

FINALS

DaPlayaFlow vs Eo Ut Mortus
Eo Ut Mortus vs Earthworm
DaPlayaFlow vs Earthworm

Winners: Eo Ut Motus, Earthworm, DaPlayaFlow

United We Stand!

• Standard Generation 5 OU Tournament. You may not use Pokémon deemed "Uber" for Generation 5, including the recently banned "Swift Swim + Drizzle" combination or Manaphy.
  • You may also not use unreleased things, like Dream World Abilities, or Items.
  • You may only have 5 Pokemons in your team.
  • Each one of your Pokemons must be from a different generation, which means one from Generation 1, one from Generation 2, etcetera.
  • They must be newly introduced Pokemon, of course, so no stuff like "Ill use Salamence as my Gen 5 Pokemon because I can get it on Gen 5 without trading" or something.
R1

Earthworm vs StevenSnype
tophway vs wilson46
zfs vs reachzero
Dark-Charizard vs Seriin
Lord Liam vs T-Dogg
Lakers vs ZedarFlight
drcossack vs Requiem[9]
Quagsires vs doomvendingmachine
Eo Ut Mortus vs symphonyx64
JabbaTheGriffin vs DaPlayaFlow
Rolf vs leingodf8
shartruce2 vs WhiteQueen
toshimelonhead vs pokemonrocks777
Eco vs Mikey229
Samurai 796 vs reyscarface
Pidge vs TrainerJH

R2

Lakers vs leingodf8
shartruce2 vs JabbaTheGriffin
wilson46 vs doomvendingmachine
zfs vs drcossack
Samurai 796 vs Lord Liam
toshimelonhead vs Mikey229
Eo Ut Mortus vs Pidge
Dark-Charizard vs StevenSnype

R3

drcossack vs Lord Liam
Lakers vs Eo Ut Mortus
doomvendingmachine vs Mikey229
JabbaTheGriffin vs StevenSnype

SEMI FINALS

Eo Ut Mortus vs JabbaTheGriffin
Lord Liam vs doomvendingmachine

FINALS

Lord Liam vs Eo Ut Mortus

Winner: Eo Ut Mortus

Double Relicanth Night

• Standard BW Ubers (Yes ubers are allowed, and no not DreamWorld Ubers), standard clauses apply, and Wi-Fi clause must be on.
  • Your team must have 2 Relicanth.
  • Only Pokemon that do not take damage from Sandstorm are allowed, which pretty much means Ground, Rock, and Steel types, with few exceptions like Magic Guard Pokemon and stuff like Sand Veil Cacturne.
It's an old favorite so have fun! Interesting fact: This is the only LNT of Season 2 (the one Reachzero won) that I advanced out of round 1!
R1

Wilson46 vs Pidge
accipender vs Earthworm
Bluewind vs pokemonrocks777
i love the sun vs Reachzero
werecario vs StevenSnype
tophway vs Lady Bug
nails ou vs deathxshinigami
Jabbathegriffin vs Rolf

R2

nails ou vs Pidge
Rolf vs Lady Bug
Bluewind vs Earthworm
Reachzero vs StevenSnype

R3

Pidge vs Earthworm
Lady Bug vs Reachzero

R4

Earthworm vs Reachzero

Winner: Earthworm

Double Rainbow ALL THE WAY

• Standard Generation 5 Tourney, Standard Clauses apply (means Manaphy is banned and you cant run Drizzle + Swift Swim).
  • Twist: Your 6 Pokemon must be of the following colors: 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Purple, and 1 Brown Pokemon.
  • You can find a list of Pokemon by color in this page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color
  • You must be very high on meth all night and screaming WOW DOUBLE RAINBOW too.
  • Alternatively to the fourth rule you can just listen to this all night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA
R1

Heist vs shartruce2
wilson46 vs smashlloyd20
NailsOU vs Eo Ut Mortus
Melee Mewtwo vs sb879
Earthworm vs extra.
Jcpdragonx vs SJCrew
Pen Ink vs DaPlayaFlow
Pidge vs TobesMcGobes

R2

extra. vs wilson46
Heist vs sb879
Pidge vs Pen Ink
Jcpdragonx vs Eo Ut Mortus

R3

Pen Ink vs Jcpdragonx
Heist vs extra.

FINALS!

Jcpdragonx
vs Heist

Strip Scrabble Night

• Standard Generation 5 OU Tournament. Standard Clauses and bans apply.
  • Your team must spell a word before and after Team Preview. That means that when the Preview first pops up, the first letter of each Pokemon must form a word, and the end team must be the same word. You can't switch Pokemon around.
  • Example: Staravia Igglybuff Metapod Politoed Latios Erufuun = Simple
  • The names of the Pokemon will be those of the simulator, so yes its Nattorei not Ferrothorn, for example.
Have fun!
R1

TheFourthChaser vs muffinhead
JabbaTheGriffin vs NailsOU
Rolf vs I love the sun
kingofkongs vs symphonyx64
IK. vs reachzero
DaPlayaFlow vs tophway
Eo Ut Mortus vs wilson46
Seriin vs Pidge
shartruce2 vs reyscarface
Nexus vs Earthworm
uragg vs kd24
StevenSnype vs drcossack

R2

Pidge vs IK.
Rolf vs NailsOU
wilson46 vs TheFourthChaser
tophway vs symphonyx64
reyscarface vs uragg
Earthworm vs drcossack

R3

NailsOU vs TheFourthChaser
IK. vs Earthworm
symphonyx64 vs reyscarface

FINALS

TheFourthChaser vs symphonyx64
Earthworm vs TheFourthChaser
symphonyx64 vs Earthworm

HEIL PASTEL

• Standard Generation 5 Tournament. Standard Clauses and Bans apply.
  • Only Pokemon that take 120 Base Power damage from Grass Knot and Low Kick are allowed.
  • This means only fatasses over 440 lbs are allowed.
  • You must speak in spanish at least once during the battle.
  • Alternatively to the previous rule, you can just call your opponent fat american.
  • Bartman101 is not allowed.
Allowed Pokemon:

Iwaparesu
Birijion
Pendora
Tyranitar
Registeel
Dragonite
Lapras
Mantine
Camerupt
Regirock
Gyarados
Kobaruon
Hariyama
Glalie
Gigaiasu
Tsunbear
Terakion
Rhyperior
Mamoswine
Golem
Hippowdon
Torterra
Kyuremu
Goruugu
Probopass
Aggron
Wailord
Steelix
Regigigas
Heatran
Snorlax
Metagross
R1

wilson46 vs reachzero
Accipender vs kd24
TheFourthChaser vs Stallion
Lord Liam vs Gabe
uragg vs drcossack
Ryan10958 vs Pidge
SJCrew vs shartruce2
reyscarface vs timejirachi
YAYtears vs I love the sun
destinybond vs Seriin
Eo Ut Mortus vs NailsOU
Heist vs tophway

R2

reyscarface vs YAYtears
drcossack vs destinybond
NailsOU vs kd24
reachzero vs Stallion
Pidge vs Heist
Lord Liam vs SJCrew

R3

drcossack vs Stallion
SJCrew vs Heist
NailsOU vs reyscarface

Finals

NailsOU vs SJCrew
SJCrew vs Stallion
NailsOU vs Stallion

Winner: SJCrew

F BS HAX

• Standard Generation 5 Tournament. Standard clauses and Bans apply.
  • You may only use moves that have 100% accuracy. Yes, this means no Hypnosis or Stone Edge.
  • You may not use any move that has a secondary effect chance. For example, Flamethrower can burn, therefore its not allowed. Iron Head can flinch, therefore its banned, etc. (This does not apply to high critical hit ratio moves)
  • You may not use the following abilities: Sand Veil, Snow Cloak, Flame Body, Effect Spore, Poison Point, Poison Skin, Cursed Body, Miracle Skin, Healing Heart, Shed Skin, Static. They are against the spirit of the tournament.
  • In an effort to make this not "Stall Night", entry hazards (Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes) are not permitted.
Have fun!
R1

Heist vs CloudControl
Stallion vs SJCrew
Jcpdragonx vs reachzero
Seven Deadly Sins vs B-Lulz
PK Gaming vs extra.
Pidge vs Chris P. Bacon
sb879 vs NailsOU
Destiny Warrior vs Rolf
reyscarface vs tophway
zfs vs MSB
porygon3 vs doomvendingmachine
wilson46 vs Eo Ut Mortus

R2

Jcpdragonx vs Stallion
Heist vs tophway
zfs vs NailsOU
Seven Deadly Sins vs PK Gaming
Eo Ut Mortus vs Rolf
Pidge vs porygon3

R3

NailsOU vs Stallion
Eo Ut Mortus vs Heist
Pidge vs Seven Deadly Sins

FINALS!

Seven Deadly Sins vs NailsOU
NailsOU vs Eo Ut Mortus
Seven Deadly Sins vs Eo Ut Mortus

The Cyclohm Cup

• Team Tournament. There will be 8 teams of 3 players each.
  • Players may pick a tier of the following: ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU.
  • Standard rulesets for the 3 tiers apply. Standard Clauses and Bans.
  • Clarification: If a team was sprinkles, bartman101, and Eo Ut Mortus, one would play BW OU, the other DPP OU, and the last ADV OU. You may change tiers between rounds.
ROUND 1

Team tito is a fatty! vs Team Z-SEAL

BW OU: Smith vs reachzero
DPP OU: eaglesrock vs reyscarface
ADV OU: Lord Liam vs Earthworm

Team KG SUCKS vs Team DA BOSSES :jump::jump:

BW OU: MoP vs Light-Kun
DPP OU: symphonyx64 vs B-Lulz
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs remblabmez

Team ZORPIDGEWAY vs Team TBD

BW OU: tophway vs uragg
DPP OU: Pidge vs undisputed
ADV OU: zorbees vs ENZ0

Team MOOSE ATTACK vs Team FUK EO

BW OU: Iconic vs JabbaTheGriffin
DPP OU: Atticus vs Solace
ADV OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Floppy

ROUND 2

Team TBD vs Team MOOSE ATTACK

BW OU: uragg vs Iconic
DPP OU: undisputed vs Atticus
ADV OU: ENZ0 vs Eo Ut Mortus

Team Z-SEAL vs Team KG SUCKS

BW OU: reachzero vs Kevin Garrett
DPP OU: reyscarface vs symphonyx64
ADV OU: Earthworm vs MoP

FINALS

Team Z-SEAL vs Team MOOSE ATTACK

BW OU: reachzero vs Iconic
DPP OU: reyscarface vs Atticus
ADV OU: Earthworm vs Eo Ut Mortus

Winners: Iconic, Eo Ut Mortus, Atticus

Glorified Guesswork

• Standard Generation 5 Tourney. Standard Clauses and Bans apply.
  • You and your opponent must take turns telling each other your move before it is made. IMPORTANT: Even if it may seem reluctant for the second player to say his move, the second player MUST say it. Why? In case the first player decides to use his lie there. For example:
Turn 1

undisputed: I am going to switch in Jellicient.
reyscarface: I am using Stealth Rock.

undisputed called Deoxys-e back!
undisputed sent in Jellicient
reyscarface's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock

Turn 2

reyscarface: I am going to send in Ferrothorn.
undisputed: I am going to send in Blaziken.

reyscarface called Tyranitar back!
reyscarface sent in Ferrothorn
undisputed called Jellicient back!
undisputed sent in Blaziken

And it proceeds like that. Remember, BOTH players must say their move, even if it seems reluctant. Dont pick your move until you both have posted what move youll do. Also I just faked the log but you get the idea.
  • Both players get 2 "Lies" where they may make a move other than what they say they are going to do
  • The player mentioned first in the match up is the one to say his move first on Turn 1. Example, if it was reyscarface vs undisputed, reyscarface would say his move first on Turn 1.
Have fun! Thanks to Pidge for the awesome idea!
R1

Accipender vs tophway
macle vs reachzero
Mountain Dewgong vs wilson46
zorbees vs reyscarface
Starman XL vs undisputed
Pidge vs HerbieTG
smashlloyd20 vs TheFourthChaser
Fatecrashers vs Earthworm

R2

macle vs Earthworm
undisputed vs TheFourthChaser
reyscarface vs Pidge
Mountain Dewgong vs Accipender

R3

undisputed vs reyscarface
Earthworm vs Accipender

Finals!
Accipender vs reyscarface

Winner: Reyscarface

FrankenBerry Night

• Standard OU with Standard Clauses
  • Every Pokemon must carry a berry as hold Item. Example: Dragonite with Haban or Starmie with Lum.
Simple yet fun!
R1

PK Gaming vs muffinhead
tophway vs xtrashine
Echo. vs undisputed
Eo Ut Mortus vs NailsOU
ssbbm vs pokemonrocks777
reyscarface vs StarmanXL
Pidge vs Seriin
Accipender vs WhiteQueen
Lord Liam vs Earthworm
wilson46 vs Jcpdragonx
Golden Sun vs Heist
TheFourthChaser vs Ala

R2

Heist vs Pidge
xtrashine vs Ala
StarmanXL vs Eo Ut Mortus
undisputed vs ssbbm
Jcpdragonx vs PK Gaming
Accipender vs Earthworm

SEMIS

Ala vs ssbbm
Earthworm vs Eo Ut Mortus
PK Gaming vs Heist

FINALS

Earthworm vs Ala
Ala vs Heist
Earthworm vs Heist

Keep It Pure

• You may not use any Pokemon that has dual typing.
  • Yes this means ANYTHING with 2 types is banned, and everything with 1 type is allowed.
  • So yeah fuck you Gliscor (and Eo by extension).
R1

pokemonrocks777 vs dbolt
Requiem[9] vs DaPlayaFlow
symphonyx64 vs Heist
tophway vs Earthworm
Accipender vs Pidge
Chris P. Bacon vs reyscarface
doomvendingmachine vs jonathanrp
Eo Ut Mortus vs Ala
un?lucky vs Shinyweavile
muffinhead vs Lord Liam
PK Gaming vs Meru
Annoying Old Party Man vs StevenSnype

R2

Annoying Old Party Man vs Heist
dbolt vs Chris P. Bacon
jonathanrp vs Earthworm
Ala vs un?lucky
muffinhead vs Pidge
DaPlayaFlow vs Meru

R3

Ala vs Chris P. Bacon
muffinhead vs Annoying Old Party Man
Earthworm vs DaPlayaFlow

FINALS

Chris P. Bacon vs Earthworm
Earthworm vs Annoying Old Party Man
Chris P. Bacon vs Annoying Old Party Man

Winer: Annoying Old Party Man

Royal RRRRRRumble

• Sign ups will be a bit different. They will be open for a lapse of 20 minutes, and whoever gets in on that time will be allowed in the tournament.
  • Free for all. This means, there will be no match ups, you will go ahead and challenge anyone on the Player List and that player cannot refuse your challenge.
  • There will be "Periods". Each Period lasts 20 minutes. Periods serve for nothing but to make activity. You MUST do at least one battle per Period. This means you have to battle once every 20 minutes.
  • You cannot be challenged if you are already in a challenge, but once your match is over, if you are challenged, you cannot refuse.
  • To declare a challenge, you must post "Challenging: User" in this thread. After the match is done, the winner must post in this thread and the loser must confirm.
  • Point System will be changed. Last man standing gets 3 points, second place 2, third place 1. There will also be bonus points, which are 3 points to the person who knocks out the most players, 2 for the second best, 1 for the third best.
  • :happybrain:
Many battles, therefore ill just list the winners:

1st - Earthworm
2nd - reyscarface
3rd - Lord Liam / Wilson46

Top Knocker: Earthworm

np: Just Dance - Lady Gaga ft. Justinawe

• Twist. At least 2 of your Pokemon must have one "dancing" move. This means: Dragon Dance, Petal Dance, Swords Dance, Rain Dance, Teeter Dance, Featherdance, Lunar Dance, Butterfly Dance, or Flame Dance.
  • If you use any of the moves mentioned above, you will have to use it twice in a row. This means if your Garchomp uses Swords Dance on a switch and is now facing an Ice Beam 1% HP Suicune, youll have to beat the temptation and use Swords Dance again.
  • Besides that its completely Standard.
R1

wilson46 vs Golden Sun
Lord Liam vs Pidge
NailsOU vs Stallion
Random Pizzaman vs Earthworm
Accipender vs Eo Ut Mortus
Jcpdragonx vs Ala
Lamppost vs Knightofthewind
TheFourthChaser vs Heist

R2

Heist vs Eo Ut Mortus
Lamppost vs Jcpdragonx
wilson46 vs Random Pizzaman
Pidge vs Stallion

R3

Jcpdragonx vs Heist
Random Pizzaman vs Stallion

FINALS TIME

Heist vs Random Pizzaman

Eo Sucks D*ck

• Generation 5 Tournament.
  • Notice how I didnt write "standard" and that shit, yeah.
  • Going to be a CHALLENGE CUP tournament. Yes, that means its a random tourney.
  • Play with Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Challenge Cup and with Timer.
  • Eo sucks d*ck.
R1

BlisseofDoom vs TheFourthChaser
tophway vs Heist
shartruce2 vs StarmanXL
Destiny Warrior vs reyscarface
Earthworm vs I love the sun
Xiagu vs Fatecrashers
tito vs pokemonrocks777
Accipender vs DetroitLolcat
drcossack vs Jibaku
kingofkongs vs StevenSnype
wilson46 vs Pidge
macle vs EspyJoel
Seriin vs reachzero
Lord Liam vs Human
jonathanrp vs Nexus
dbolt vs sb879

R2

dbolt vs StarmanXL
Accipender vs Earthworm
Human vs reyscarface
wilson46 vs Nexus
tito vs EspyJoel
Fatecrashers vs tophway
kingofkongs vs drcossack
TheFourthChaser vs reachzero

R3

Earthworm vs reachzero
kingofkongs vs StarmanXL
reyscarface vs wilson46
Fatecrashers vs EspyJoel

R4

wilson46 vs Earthworm
EspyJoel vs kingofkongs

FINALS

Earthworm vs kingofkongs

GARBAGE DAY

• Pretty simple, the only catch here is you must use the Pokemon known as Dasutodasu, "the garbage pkmn".
  • Thats it really, you just have to replace one Pkmn in your standard team for that pile of manure.
R1

Ryan10958 vs Focus
Teh_Mysterious_Egg vs Eo Ut Mortus
reyscarface vs Pidge
StarmanXL vs symphonyx64
SycoIceman vs smashlloyd20
Rolf vs wilson46
shartruce2 vs pokemonrocks777
reachzero vs jonathanr

R2

smashlloyd20 vs shartruce2
wilson46 vs Pidge
Eo Ut Mortus vs Focus
reachzero vs symphonyx64

R3

Eo Ut Mortus vs reachzero
Pidge vs shartruce2

FINALS

reachzero vs Pidge

3 is the Magic Number

• Standard OU clauses apply (Yes this means things like Sleep Clause.)
  • Standard OU banlist is in effect, but any Pokemon not classified as Uber is fair game.
  • Standard Triples battle. This obviously means that you may have 3 Pokemon on the field at once.
  • You may have 6 Pokemon in your party (but only three on the field
Good Luck to all and have fun!
Round 1

Demo-Kun vs I love the sun
tophway vs Heist
PK Gaming vs Pidge
dbolt vs StarmanXL
locopoke vs reyscarface
Earthworm vs shartruce2
Golden Sun vs Eo Ut Mortus
macle vs SonaxyX5

Round 2

locopoke vs Pidge
Golden Sun vs Heist
shartruce2 vs dbolt
Demo-Kun vs macle

Round 3

locopoke vs Demo-Kun
Heist vs dbolt

Finals

Heist vs locopoke

Thanks to EW for hosting!

1 of a Kind

• Standard BW OU Tournament
  • All Pokemon on your team must be the same type. Dual types are allowed as long as one of their types matches your team's designated type.
  • You are allowed 1 wildcard which can be any Pokemon of any type of your choosing
good luck and happy team building!
R1

symphonyx64 vs tophway
Pidge vs Professor Layton
smashlloyd20 vs IK.
Earthworm vs shartruce2
Accipender vs I love the sun
reyscarface vs Hilbert
StarmanXL vs Heist
MewGod vs AlbinoGibbon
extra. vs drcossack
reachzero vs wilson46
Eo Ut Mortus vs Requiem[9]
kingofkongs vs jonathanrp

R2

Heist vs Earthworm
Requiem[9] vs Hilbert
drcossack vs reachzero
Pidge vs AlbinoGibbon
symphonyx64 vs I love the sun
kingofkongs vs IK.

IK. vs reachzero
Pidge vs Requiem[9]
Heist vs symphonyx64

FINALS

symphonyx64 vs Requiem[9]
Requiem[9] vs IK.
symphonyx64 vs IK.

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword!

• Standard OU Generation 5 Tournament. Standard Clauses and Bans apply.
  • The twist: Only Smeargle is allowed
R1

Shartruce2 vs extra.
reyscarface vs Heist
bye vs Pidge
StarmanXL vs SycoIceman
wilson46 vs Earthworm
tophway vs kingofkongs
Random Pizzaman vs PK Gaming
Eo Ut Mortus gets a bye!

R2

Heist vs tophway
Eo Ut Mortus vs wilson46
undisputed vs extra.
StarmanXL vs PK Gaming

R3

Heist vs PK Gaming
extra. vs Eo Ut Mortus
Finals!

Heist vs. extra.

We're just starting out!

• Standard OU Clauses
  • The twist: Only Full evolutions of the Starter Pokemon from each gen are allowed.
  • For those of you who like to see a list: Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Meganium, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Swampert, Sceptile, Blaziken, Torterra, Empoleon, Infernape, Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott
R1

smashlloyd20 vs kingofkongs
Ravix101 vs Pidge
Meru vs Heist
omnicloudstrife vs BlisseyofDoom
Henrietta vs Adam Lambert
tophway vs StarmanXL
Mysterious Trainer vs Reliking
Townshend vs at ease

R2

Ravix101 vs smashlloyd20
tophway vs Adam Lambert
Meru vs omnicloud7strife
Mysterious Trainer vs at ease

R3

smashlloyd20 vs omnicloud7strife
tophway vs at ease

FINALS

tophway vs omnicloud7strife

No STAB Night

• Standard OU clauses
  • Pokemon may not damaging moves that match their type. For example, Reuniclus can't use Psychic, but it can use Calm Mind
Have fun!
R1
omnicloud7strife vs kingofkongs
tophway vs Townshend
extra. vs at ease
wilson46 vs JohnDee
Jcpdragonx vs Pidge
Eo Ut Mortus vs Fatecrashers
Golden Sun vs HBK
reyscarface vs Henrietta

R2

Pidge vs at ease
Eo Ut Mortus vs wilson46
reyscarface vs kingofkongs
Golden Sun vs tophway

R3

reyscarface vs at ease
wilson46 vs Golden Sun

FINALS

wilson46 vs reyscarface

Show Me Your Genitals!

Have fun!
R1

Accipender vs JohnDee
kingofkongs vs reyscarface
Pidge vs TheSpartan
Kefka Palazzo vs Lamppost
wilson46 vs omnicould7strife
TheFourthChaser vs Heist
reachzero vs symphonyx64
StarmanXL vs xTheManateex

R2

symphonyx64 vs Lamppost
wilson46 vs Heist
reyscarface vs StarmanXL
Pidge vs Accipender

R3

Pidge vs wilson46
reyscarface vs Lamppost

FINALS

reyscarface vs wilson46

THE BATTLE TOWER

• There is no limit on the users that can play in this tournament. After a time passes (probably 20 to 30 minutes), sign ups will be closed, and everyone that posted "in" will be in the Battle Tower.
  • Simple concept. Everyone starts in the first Level. Theres 4 Levels. Whoever beats the last Level wins.
  • By the end of the Challenge whoever beat Level 4 will get 4 points, everyone in Level 3 will get 2 points, and everyone in Level 2 will get 1 point.
  • Heres the dynamic. You can play anyone you want, but that person must be on the same Level as you. I will make a Battle Tower channel on the Smogon server of Pokemon Online (Or CAP if it crashes or something). Everyone that posted "in" here has to join that channel, and when I give the signal, you can start challenging people.
  • You have to beat 3 people in Level 1 to advance to Level 2. You have to beat 2 people in Level 2 to advance to Level 3. You have to beat 1 person in Level 3 to advance to Level 4. In Level 4 there will be a player whom you can challenge once you get to that level. If you beat him, youll be the Battle Tower Champion.
  • If you lose 2 battles in Level 2 / 3 or the Final battle in Level 4, you go back to Level 1. If you lose 2 battles in Level 1, you are disqualified.
  • If someone challenges you (must be on the same Level as you), you cannot refuse that challenge.
  • For every 5 wins in the Tournament you will be awarded 1 Point. This is an extra Bonus, so for example, if you beat 10 players and win in Level 4, youd get 6 points, not 4.
  • If you dont lose a single battle in the Tournament, you will be awarded 2 points. (You must be at least on Level 3 to get this Bonus).
  • Theres a Time Limit. If by 2 hours from when I say you can start playing nobody has beaten the Battle Tower, the challenge is frozen and youll get points depending on the Level you are, and Bonus, if they apply, while the user in Level 4 gets the 4 Points.
  • For every challenger the user in Level 4 beats, he will get 1 point. This has nothing to do with the 4 points he gets if nobody beats the Battle Tower.
  • In Level 4, you may not battle other challengers that are in that Level. You may only challenge the resident there. If whoever battled the resident before you wins the Battle Tower, you will be awarded 3 points, not 2 or 4.
Player list:

Level 1:

reyscarface - 0-2
HerbieTG - 0-2
Kevin Garrett - 0-2
tophway - 0-2
muffinhead - 1-2
Focus - 2-2
Lamppost - 1-2
Iconic - 1-2
drcossack - 1-2
Floppy - 2-2
Ian15 - 0-2
wilson46 - 1-2
Pidge - 1-2
PK Gaming - 0-2
StevenSnype - 0-2
Fatecrashers - 1-2
ginganinja - 1-2
BlisseyofDoom (3-3) - 1-2
at ease (4-2) - 0-2
Venser (4-3) - 0-1
Townshend (3-3) (3-3) - 0-0

Level 2:

Level 3:

Heist - 5-1
ToF - 5-2

Level 4:

Eo Ut Mortus - resident - 2-1
reachzero - 6-2
undisputed (4-2) - 6-3

Champion:

TheSpartan - 7-0

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Play Offs time!

ROUND 1

Take Your Pick

• Every player must post in this thread a Pokemon. That Pokemon will be treated as Uber for this theme (which means you can't use it).
  • The order of the posts will be by seed. This means number 8 (Pidge) picks first, then number 7, then number 6, and so on.
  • Theres a deadline for picks. If you dont send your seed in 24 hours, your Pokemon pick will be randomized.
  • You may not pick a Pokemon that has been picked previously.
  • After every player picks a Pokemon, there should be 8 Pokemons banned, not counting the original bans, which wont be able to be used.
Bans:

1. Scizor
  2. Tornadus
  3. Politoed
  4. Conkeldurr
  5. Tyranitar
  6. Ninetales
  7. Reuniclus
  8. Dragonite
Aaaaaand the matchups...

Earthworm vs. Pidge
Eo Ut Mortus vs. TheSpartan
reachzero vs. wilson46
Heist vs. reyscarface

ROUND 2

Liar's Pokemon

• Standard Generation 5 Tournament with the exception that Team Preview must be off (No wifi Clause). Other Standard Clauses and Bans apply.
  • Participants must send "undisputed" the team they intend to use during the Round. This means that Team Export is highly recommended.
  • However, participants may change 1 complete Pokemon from the posted team. This includes everything, even the type of Pokemon.
  • In addition, participants may change 1 whole moveset although the Pokemon must stay the same. That means that if I have Reuniclus, I can change its set, but it still must be Reuniclus.
Matchups:
The teams are:

Earthworm

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 100 SAtk / 168 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Flamethrower

Mamoswine (M) @ Icicle Plate
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Taunt
- Ice Fang

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Kabutops (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

vs.

Reyscarface

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Birijion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Terakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justice Heart
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Heatran (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

-----------------------------

Eo Ut Mortus

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Nattorei (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Protect

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 208 SDef / 48 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

vs.

Wilson46
Infernape (M) @ Choice Band Trait: Blaze
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- ThunderPunch

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 232 HP / 96 Atk / 176 SDef / 4 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 120 SDef / 60 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Protect

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Finals!

Earthworm vs. Wilson46

The Finals will be a best of three in these metagames:
Clear Skies

Rules:

• Standard OU: Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, Species Clause, Self KO Clause, Wifi Clause
  • No Pokemon may have any of the following abilities: Drizzle, Sand Stream, Drought, Snow Warning
  • These TMs are not usable: Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Sunny Day, Hail
Strip Scrabble Night

• Standard Generation 5 OU Tournament. Standard Clauses and bans apply.
  • Your team must spell a word before and after Team Preview. That means that when the Preview first pops up, the first letter of each Pokemon must form a word, and the end team must be the same word. You can't switch Pokemon around.
  • Example: Staravia Igglybuff Metapod Politoed Latios Erufuun = Simple
  • The names of the Pokemon will be those of the simulator, so yes its Nattorei not Ferrothorn, for example.

No STAB Night

• Standard OU clauses
  • Pokemon may not damaging moves that match their type. For example, Reuniclus can't use Psychic, but it can use Calm Mind
Have fun!
One that EW won, one that Wilson46 won, and then Clear Skies being the host choice to break a likely tie situation. Good luck to both participants!

The LNT finals have come! The above post has been edited with extra details, but the matchup is:
Earthworm vs. Wilson46

Will the LNT's most successful nightly player come home with the victory, or will dark horse Wilson46 pull of the upset and walk away with the coveted LNT crown?

Also, I would like to take the moment, on behalf of rey and myself, to thank everyone who played and made the LNT worthwhile this year. We hope you all enjoyed the themes we came up with and enjoyed it as much as we did. This was the tournament that really got me hooked on Smogon, so it was really awesome to get the chance to host it with Rey this year. We hopefully plan to be back with another installment later in the year, and hopefully it turns out to be as great as this season turned out! Again thanks to everyone who took the time to participated, and I hope you enjoyed the season!

Won against worms in Clear Skies and lost in No STAB, which we played a week ago.

Now I lost scrabble, ggs and congrats!

Won No STAB, lost clear skies, then won scrabble. ggs! Thanks undisputed and reyscarface for being great hosts this season!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Alright so that settles it.

GRATS WORMS FOR WINNING THE SEASON 4 OF LNT.

You win: Absolutely nothing. c:

ugh now i gotta post the team archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)