The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.

This may speed up the discussion and arguments that may occur. This chart make a lot of sense.

Latest episode talks about sand benders. Where would we put this type of bending on the image above? I figure between Earth and Water bending, replacing Plant bending with it, but that's just me.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Latest episode talks about sand benders. Where would we put this type of bending on the image above? I figure between Earth and Water bending, replacing Plant bending with it, but that's just me.
Honestly Sand seems closer to Air than anything, the sandbenders move their sandships with miniature sand whirlwinds. I guess you can relate it to Water because its still fluid, but Sand seems quicker like Air to me.

I'm actually kind of expecting something like this. It wouldn't make sense if just ONE element for no reason has a spirit link. Especially with the whole explanation of the Avatar in Season 2. I just feel like the writers can't come up with something, which is kind of upsetting. However, I think we'll see something alone these lines in this season.
It'd be interesting if Toph brings us the spirit earth tech, she's wandering the world in search of enlightenment right? It'd make sense if she would discover/learn spiritual aspects of earth.

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
Honestly Sand seems closer to Air than anything, the sandbenders move their sandships with miniature sand whirlwinds. I guess you can relate it to Water because its still fluid, but Sand seems quicker like Air to me.

It'd be interesting if Toph brings us the spirit earth tech, she's wandering the world in search of enlightenment right? It'd make sense if she would discover/learn spiritual aspects of earth.
Again, two things I agree with. While I kind of think Sand COULD just be Earth bending, I think it being an Air/Earth skill would be pretty sick.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol it'd be super crazy (Naruto-esque) if the spirit technique for Earth was related to gravity techs, like toph could bring down a fucking meteor and wreck some shit.
(I saw on the avatar wiki it said it was confirmed that in this season we'll learn a lot more about earthbending so that seems promising at least).

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
ya I was pretty disappointed with the fight between Zuko & co. vs Zehir & co., thought it was pretty anti-climatic. Like, I get that they don't want to have a massive boss battle right away in the beginning of the story, but come on, they've (Zuko) supposedly fought them before and won, why couldn't they put up a better fight than they did? Zuko couldn't even beat the earth bender one-on-one smh.

At least Zehir vs Kya was decent, we finally got to see her in action and she seems like she's at least better than Katara was in her prime in the original series which was cool, so we know that Katara only got significantly more badass as time went on.

I like the hero worship of Toph in the metal city, I'm so stoked that she's actually alive. Hopefully we get more than just a couple cameos of her like we did with Katara and get to see her earth/metal bend at a grandmaster level.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ya I was pretty disappointed with the fight between Zuko & co. vs Zehir & co., thought it was pretty anti-climatic. Like, I get that they don't want to have a massive boss battle right away in the beginning of the story, but come on, they've (Zuko) supposedly fought them before and won, why couldn't they put up a better fight than they did? Zuko couldn't even beat the earth bender one-on-one smh.

At least Zehir vs Kya was decent, we finally got to see her in action and she seems like she's at least better than Katara was in her prime in the original series which was cool, so we know that Katara only got significantly more badass as time went on.

I like the hero worship of Toph in the metal city, I'm so stoked that she's actually alive. Hopefully we get more than just a couple cameos of her like we did with Katara and get to see her earth/metal bend at a grandmaster level.
I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Zuko, Toph, Katara, and Tenzin face off against Zaheer and friends. I'm also curious to see if Zuko ever learned to use lightning. Doing so would entail reaching inner peace.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If random blue collar workers in Republic City can use lightning, a firebending master who tamed one of the first dragons since Sozin's reign and former Fire Lord most likely can.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I honestly doubt that Katara would actually do any fighting. She was always the healer, and doesn't always do fighting, especially in her age. Toph and Zuko seem more agile than she is.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
She was always the healer
Are you kidding me @.@

She's done just as much fighting as any of the characters. Actually, in the episode this gif is from, she proves herself stronger than a master waterbender who busted out of a fire nation prison and invented bloodbending. She actually learns how to bloodbend with no instruction, just figures it out on the fly to save her friends.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Yeah, yet that was when she got pissed off at the blood bender. i never said she couldn't fight, yet I said that she wouldn't fight today.

I do admit, she is a bad-ass, and did kick the shit out of azula, yet she seems to be more older now. Doesn't seem like the one to fight four crazy criminals in her age.

i mean katara grew up to be the greatest waterbender of all time so i'm assuming she was pretty damn good back in her time, as was zuko

honestly i really love the fighting this season, i think it's some of the coolest and most creative stuff we've had since sozin's comet

it's a vastly different style of fighting from the large-scale stuff we're used to in ATLA but come on:

it's really well done and i love the fighting this season

hell i love everything this season

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Don't forget everything outside with the Dai Li, all the air bending (more than we've ever seen), and what the Dai Li were doing with earthbending. People whined in season 1 that they felt the characters weren't as strong as in ATLA, but now they whine when the Dai Li/Zuko get beaten up.

Don't forget everything outside with the Dai Li, all the air bending (more than we've ever seen), and what the Dai Li were doing with earthbending. People whined in season 1 that they felt the characters weren't as strong as in ATLA, but now they whine when the Dai Li/Zuko get beaten up.
Eh, I dont think that really applies. People whining about the characters in Season 1 is one thing, but I think its how easily Zuko/Dai Li got beaten up without much of a fight.

I agree that the Dai Lee weren't portrayed as bad ass as in the first series. The scenes where they were training the airbenders were kind of tacky. All of their lines seemed so lame. I guess it kind of ruined the mysticism of them. They seemed too... normal. Not the like their old brainwashing, kingdom ruling, corrupt selves.

Also: more gifs please! That one above is awesome

Acklow

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw her. Being able to water bend without arms is a huge feet considering all the hand motions water benders usually use.

Acklow

I saw that I misspelled as soon as I posted that, but then realized that I made a pun so I decided that I would keep it that way purely for irony's sake.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Late but

I definitely can see Sokka being the father (and I still think The Duke is Lin's father) but of course this makes me wonder what happened with Suki. This raises a lot of questions, and I'm honestly afraid we won't get satisfying answers. I feel like it's going to be hard to explain all this in a kid's show where they can't really reference sex and will have to awkwardly explain how they had several "marriages" that didn't last long.

Man if somebody could make a gif of the newly shaved dude feeling the whiff of the net behind him i would be so happy

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yo just as a sidenote. Tenzin pointed out how an airbender can keep warm through certain breathing techniques. And we know that waterbenders can freeze water on command. And azula could increase the temperature of her own firebending to make it a blue flame. Yet people assume earthbending + firebending fusion when a dude melts some rocks.

The fuck is up with yall?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
he has sun warrior-esque tattoos, there's a real possibility that he has some modicum of firebending incorporated into lavabending

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
maybe it's just friction

i mean, in the wiki it says they use speed and friction to super heat it, but its a wiki so

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
maybe it's just friction

i mean, in the wiki it says they use speed and friction to super heat it, but its a wiki so
that was my theory too, but latest example of lavabending had no friction it was just an instantaneous state change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)