The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Zaheer seems to be a lot like the Batman criminals. Mainly Joker, and Bane. Except less deranged than Joker, and maskless. I find that Zaheer has barely fought anyone himself (He has, yet not as much as the others on the team) and he is for chaos. I find it intriguing on if they actually stole the avatar when she was younger, what they would do with her, what would actually have taught her.

It also intrigued me when in the prior episode, he said that he did not condone Korra's Uncle's actions. It is clear he does not care for power, or anything of the sort. Yet rather for un-balanced balanced.

To quote @v s theory, It seems logical. Yet at the same time, not really. It seems more explainable if it turns out that Zaheer was taught by Lahima. Like Zaheer was raised and taught by Guru Lahima. It sems farfetched with the 100 year war and all, yet it could be a possibility. Like a secret remaining air-bender or something, that raised a kid to live like him.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I know this video is fairly old but I just saw this and the gameplay to the upcoming Korra game looks really really cool.

Even though it looks likes some moves may feel used over and over, the ability to swap bending types to change how combos work seems like it'll keep fights interesting.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Wait... there's a game?
And I haven't heard about it until now?
WHAT THE FUCK I NEED THIS.
THE GAMEPLAY LOOKS SO FUCKING AMAZING

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Kinda looks reminiscent of the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm games in terms of art style and combat. Looks kick-ass nonetheless and I can't wait to get my hands on it when it comes out.

Also, shame that there is no multiplayer (as of yet, I'm looking at the wiki and it says nothing about multiplayer yet only single player). It would be really cool to go online and see who's the better bender.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
According to Wikipedia there's going to be a 3DS game too, a turned-based strategy. I'm kinda excited for that one.

By the way, about Guru Lahima, maybe I am missing something but why does he need an explanation or an appearance? I kinda felt like he was just supposed to represent Airbender culture in general, so that when Zaheer referenced him you knew that what he was saying was true Airbender philosophy and not something he is making up himself. I think it is possible they will meet him in the spirit world though, like with Iroh.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Honestly I think Lahima's just their to play the part of the ancient historical/religious figure that Zaheer uses/misinterprets to justify his cause. Religion has a long history of being perverted to suit conquest in the real world, I don't see that big of a difference between that and perverting it to suit rebellion in Avatarland (does the planet have a name or is it just earth?).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Zaheer most subtle villain? After he cruelly kills his minion who didn't even really fuck up? That just screams of "I know this guy is gonna have some moral ambiguity, but we don't want to confuse people or anything". Amon was much more morally grey, and even if his motives were ultimately selfish that was an unexpected twist. Even the Fire Lord, who just wanted to own or destroy everything, was left in the shadows for a long time so that the viewer had to build him up in their own mind. Then his ultimate threat to Aang in the finale was not of the physical nature, but spiritually as Aang had to find a solution around his inability to kill.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wait, but if it ends with Raava and Vaatu duking it out and no more Avatars, we won't have an Earth Bending Avatar series :(
Kyoshi flashback series lgi. The episode in Last Airbender which dealt with Roku and Sozin pretty much revealed most everything worth knowing about Roku to me (how he mastered the elements, major conflicts), but the Chin flashback was pretty short and all we really have on Kyoshi.
Sooner or later we are also going to see him suffocatebend or Korra will find out he is willing and capable of doing that. What this really means is that only airbenders have a fair chance of fighting him.
Honestly I'm not sure how well it'd do vs any capable character. It looked like it took a lot of concentration, if he started doing it to Mako or Bolin I'm sure they could throw Fire/Earth at him, forcing him to dodge and break the suffocation hold.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
IDK about you guys, but I was really happy with Tenzin in this episode. After 2 seasons of playing councilor we finally got to see him as Master Tenzin, beating Zaheer one on one getting a few hits in 4 v 1 before falling as part of the plot progression. Assuming he's even alive, Tenzin's probably out of anything for the rest of the season though, so it'll be really interesting to see what the final fight looks like (Korra/Bolin/Mako/Asami, Korra v all, or some weird combination of Tarrlok, Korra, Zuko, and Lin would be awesome).

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
zaheer removes earth queen's air / ability to breath to kill her

tenzin - "as long as i'm breathing...it's not over"

end with tenzin breathing heavily, cut to evil zaheer face, then all 3 whooping tenzen

nice

(also loved FINALLY seeing badass, capable tenzin after seasons of annoyingly preachy, naive tenzin)

did tenzin... die?
you know, it was really unclear

also reposting a reddit comment because it summarizes my feelings about this episode very well:

That was without a doubt one of the most intense episodes of this entire series. Both series.

It had great action, fantastic pacing, awesome storyline, great character moments (Zuko realising Korra talked to Iroh was so sad) and one of the most intense and heart wrenching battle scenes of the entire series. The scenes in Ba Sing Se were also really good, and really highlighted the chaos and opportunism of rebellion. The interactions with Mako and Bolin's family were also fantastic.

I am actually afraid that Tenzin is going to die, and I cannot wait for the next episode. My hands are shaking this was such a good episode.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
pfffft who does zaheer think he is 1v1ing a REAL master airbender.

great episode, gotta agree with it being one of the most intense, especially the scene in the northern air temple. i hope they don't axe out tenzin :(

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
zaheer removes earth queen's air / ability to breath to kill her

tenzin - "as long as i'm breathing...it's not over"

end with tenzin breathing heavily, cut to evil zaheer face, then all 3 whooping tenzen

nice

(also loved FINALLY seeing badass, capable tenzin after seasons of annoyingly preachy, naive tenzin)
I really hope this wasn't a foreshadowing to tenzin's death in the next episode (or hopefully not this one). I really hope tenzin does something miraculous last minute like somehow trap them all and suffocate bend them or something, but it's only episode 11 and there's still 1 or 2 more episodes left. Hopefully either korra and the rest arrive, and there's some big bending match between all of the korra gang and zaheer's group.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was hoping kai was gonna unlock weightlessness or even better die, I don't think I've seen an adult murder a child in cold blood on children's television before

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
I don't think I've seen an adult murder a child in cold blood on children's television before
Now that you mention it, I almost wonder if moving Korra online was really a ploy to avoid issues like that.

The death of Amon and his brother forgetful name may have gotten the pass being the last episode of book one, but if I was a nick executive and I saw this particular episode (possible death of two main characters, one of whom is like 12) I would be worried about what that could do to the show's child friendly TV rating. Inosfar as I can tell, once you move a show online, there's no system like the ESRB or the TV parental guidelines to throw a red flag at parents/media watchdogs.

Now that you mention it, I almost wonder if moving Korra online was really a ploy to avoid issues like that.

The death of Amon and his brother forgetful name may have gotten the pass being the last episode of book one, but if I was a nick executive and I saw this particular episode (possible death of two main characters, one of whom is like 12) I would be worried about what that could do to the show's child friendly TV rating. Inosfar as I can tell, once you move a show online, there's no system like the ESRB or the TV parental guidelines to throw a red flag at parents/media watchdogs.
I would much prefer a more mature show

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Got a chance to watch the episode myself and I might as well share my thoughts. At this point, any respect I had for Zaheer is out of the window because he is just a plain hypocrite. Seriously, for someone for despises tyrants as Hou-Ting and Ozai and has utter disdain for Sozin and his genocide of the Air Nomads, it's a bit jarring he is essentially more than willing to do the same even though he practically has a foreign culture fetish for the group that might get wiped out a second time time. However, it was nice to not only to see the first battle between two airbenders occur onscreen and the choreography was just amazing. Seeing Tenzin practically outclass and practically curb-stomp Zaheer one on one was just pure beauty, and the bravery he showed fighting all four was admirable. Kya and Ming-hua was another fight that was well-executed, watching how two waterbending masters fight each other from beginning to end. Kya losing was expected (oh god, those multi water limbs), but she showed that she was indeed Aang and Katara's daughter.

From a comedic standpoint, Bolin and Mako's grandmother stole the show. Seeing Mako cringe from Yin being unaware of his relationship issues was golden.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Speaking of masterclass, with Amon and Unalaq dead, and his position as the only person to beat a Red Lotus Member 1 on 1, is Tenzin (assuming he's still alive) now the second strongest bender alive?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Holy shit this episode. It's amazing what kind of emotional reaction and shock you can get out of people without even depicting blood. Shit has gotten real. Really amazing bending combat scenes too, Kya vs Zaheer a few episodes ago was just a sneak peek. Tenzin vs Zaheer iirc is the first airbender duel depicted in the series and definitely a treat.

From a comedic standpoint, Bolin and Mako's grandmother stole the show. Seeing Mako cringe from Yin being unaware of his relationship issues was golden.
I really appreciate the humor this season, even in the darkest moments there's a good joke thrown in or two. Mako and Bolin's grandma is a treasure trove of general awkward grandma moments.

Some other funny moments I liked:
- Tenzin advertising the Air Nomad way of life
- "Can someone answer this question other than Otaku?"
- the mean looking thugs in the oasis who only wanted Nuktuk's autograph
- Varrick
- Bolin not being obnoxious and being good comic relief

I was hoping kai was gonna unlock weightlessness or even better die, I don't think I've seen an adult murder a child in cold blood on children's television before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)