The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of masterclass, with Amon and Unalaq dead, and his position as the only person to beat a Red Lotus Member 1 on 1, is Tenzin (assuming he's still alive) now the second strongest bender alive?
You're not counting the other three benders with Zaheer? He's only a recent bender, he was never the group leader because of combat ability.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
IDK what Zaheer's backstory is, but from the way he's been depicted in the current season, he was easily just as important as a member of the group as anyone else before his bending (which goes along way towards him not being completely useless when he first got it, he might not be a master bender, but he is very clearly a master warrior, though I suppose that's on me for saying strongest bender alive as opposed to strongest fighter).

Also (bar Combustion Lady) Tenzin was depicted as countering a move from each of the three benders back to back before the 4th hit took him out, though that's hardly a fair means of gauging prowess (which also happens to be why I didn't bring up Su and Lin, since they had the element of surprise and half a city supporting them when they kicked the shit out of the Red Lotus).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
IDK what Zaheer's backstory is, but from the way he's been depicted in the current season, he was easily just as important as a member of the group as anyone else before his bending (which goes along way towards him not being completely useless when he first got it, he might not be a master bender, but he is very clearly a master warrior, though I suppose that's on me for saying strongest bender alive as opposed to strongest fighter).
He's quite clearly the leader because of his beliefs and force of personality. Now he was dangerous before he was a bender, but it's the others who were the major muscle.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ok wow yeah that fight was so intense, they pretty much did everything perfectly. Honestly I had no idea who was gonna win (well, I kinda figured Tenzin would eventually lose but I wasn't sure if Kya and Bumi would make it out ok), the tension was seriously there. I thought Kya was gonna own that waterbending bitch but I guess octopus form is too strong. With Bumi, I knew he was not a strong airbender so that "comedic fighting" scene was perfect for him, but I don't know if I am happy or not with him losing. A lot of people disliked the first season comedic fight where the airbender kids save Lin (with farting...) and of course this fight had way more emotional weight so you could say it might be cheapened to have the fight end with a joke. I'm not sure if it would though, the bit of comic relief was appreciated in the tense scene, and it didn't feel out of place considering Bumi's personality and the fact he isn't really an experienced airbender.

Speaking of inexperienced airbenders, I'm also glad that they showed Zaheer was totally outclassed by Tenzin and wasn't stronger just because he's the villain. It would definitely be silly for Zaheer to win that fight on his own. More than that, it's the first time we've seen Tenzin as a real bad ass airbending master since season 1, when he blew away Amon.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
They... Just gang-beat Tenzin. Like, fucking street style. Cornered him to a wall, and beat him. Except it was using rocks and water and shit. That was probably the most on-edge of my seat moment in either series. Wow. That happened. Can't wait for the finale.

I only watched the trailer for the second season so I wanna know, did asami gain the ability to bend air like some other people did? I'm a big fan of avatar but it bummed me out that some people could bend and some couldn't. It gives off the vibe that some people are born superior than others.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just watched the two part finale.

This may be Korra's greatest episode and in terms of raising the stakes and action it may be the best of the whole Avatar series, right up there with Book Earth/Fire finale, it does everything completely opposite of the Spirit finale. There is no great deus ex, the premise is very simple and the plan doesn't disappoint. We had some record number of deaths this time, and Zaheer fell hard. The ending with a recovering Korra seems to echo what Air finale ought to have done, there are no more perfect endings, and there is still more to be done, even if she cannot be the one at the moment to do it. Zaheer unlocking flying was basically perfect, although they set up the fact it was his girls death as his release quite well, and had me as this oh shit moment, too bad we will probably never see that one ever happen again.

I love that the Air Nation is taking a different step, peacekeepers of the world. Jinora's ceremony was very touching and they had the good sense not to include Kai in some flashy affection of love. The Bolin learning lavabending was cool and unexpected, since we were all waiting on edge to see him do some metalbending I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

That metalbending guard though, something is up with her, I'm sure we will see more of her in the future...

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'll post more in-depth later but man that was an amazing finale. i'm completely satisfied with it, and I can't wait for book 4

Did tanroq die?

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'll post more in-depth later but man that was an amazing finale. i'm completely satisfied with it, and I can't wait for book 4

Did tanroq die?
He is clearly there at the end and they even show him hanging on the cliffside at the end, and you know holding Korra after the big fight....

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
He is clearly there at the end and they even show him hanging on the cliffside at the end, and you know holding Korra after the big fight....
Yeah, that's what I thought. I saw his name on a death counter thread on reddit (yes i know reddit), and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
New episode that I haven't watched? And I can't until tonight?

Fuck you all, I'm going to my bunker.

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
That was incredible..
yo Jinora looks just like Aang @_@

dat korrasami at the end
YESS TO BOTH omgg

I'm so excited for Book 4 now. It doesn't even look like she can raise her hands too well (although she did slightly when Meelo sat in her lap.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
best avatar season yet

excited for all the future stuff, mainly red lotus plot continuation, chaos in earth kingdom, dealing with republic city's spirit issue

they also only gathered air benders in the earth nation and republic city right?

we've been to and spent significant time in all of republic city / earth nation / air nation / water nation, so hopefully season 4 has some zuko + fire nation stuff

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Wow, that was good. The only thing I find wrong is

How every time there is a main villain, they must get a new one the next season. Seriously. I know it's not A;TLA, yet at least they had one common enemy, this is just every villain is worthless at the end of the season, and only there for that season. Only to show up and torment Korra. At least one thing stuck this time, and how the earth kingdom is still in chaos.

Also dissapoint in
No Toph

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Yo, that metal bending guard looks an awful lot like the Beifong sisters(I could be wrong, but its just the hair style ya now). BUT ANYWAY HOLY SHIT THAT FINALE. Probably the best one yet in terms of just straight up fun and violence and ass kicking and holy shit. P'Li's death was powerful and you can clearly see the emotion in Zaheer. Good to see the Metal Bending sisters kick some ass. But that guard though....
Glad to see the two other villains go out with a band against the two brothers. Ghazan is an awesome character and Ming-Hua is just as cynical as ever. It's pretty sad to see Korra in a wheelchair all depressed. Hopefully we'll get to see her kick more ass in Book 4 with her strength back. Hopefully more of Zuko and his daughter?

ALSO YEAH, Jinora looks like Aang wtf. I don't remember women having to shave their heads in AtLA, since Yangchen still had hair. Regardless, amazing episode and probably the best book by far, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)