The Little Cup OU List!

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The following Pokemon are considered "Overused" in the LC Metagame. This list will be updated when we get stats for the LC ladder next.

Abra, Aipom, Bagon, Barboach, Bellsprout, Bronzor, Buizel, Carvanha, Chinchou, Cranidos, Croagunk, Cyndaquil, Diglett, Doduo, Dratini, Drifloon, Duskull, Elekid, Exeggcute, Gastly, Gible, Gligar, Hippopotas, Houndour, Kabuto, Machop, Magnemite, Mankey, Mantyke, Meowth, Misdreavus, Munchlax, Omanyte, Paras, Ponyta, Porygon, Slowpoke, Snover, Squirtle, Staryu, Taillow, Teddiursa, Voltorb, Wailmer.

I expect Barboach usage to drastically go down in the near future, as Magby usage goes right up. Barboach really just doesn't perform as well as Wooper or Gligar, each of whom has useful immunities along with their normal Electric-type immunity. I do like Spark available on Barboach to surprise Mantyke but once LC starts to get more battles, I just don't think there will be room for the little fish.

Magby on the other hand, has the capability of OHKOing Bronzor and Munchlax, something a lot of other Pokemon could only dream of. I am not entirely sure that Cross Chop OHKOs the defensive Munchlax but even so, Magby just makes an excellent wall breaker now a days with Thunder Punch, Overheat or Fire Blast, Cross Chop, Flare Blitz, Mach Punch, HP Grass, etc.

Magby is very good, OHKOing all of Munchlax, Bronzor, Gligar, Missy, Croagunk, and Houndour, all top threats with a physical moveset (with HP Ice), so Gligar and Missy both lose if they lose Speed tie, Croagunk cant really switch in, but if it does Fake-Out Sucker Punch does Magby in, as does Houndour's Sucker Punch, but if Magby has Mach Punch as opposed to Cross Chop, its a whole different game. Basically nothing in the top can really beat Magby, so I expect its usage to go skyhigh.

I still dont see why Dratini is OU. Agility set really doesnt pack THAT much power, and DD is outclassed by Bagon.

Also I too support Magby entirely, it is probably the best LC wallbreaker considering it beats MunchZor and has 50% chance of beating MunchGar.

Still supporting Phanpy as well though, one of the best SR Leads as well as 100% sureshot Cranidos counter, which is huge.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How is bagon Ou again he needs a scarf or at least 2 dds to do anyting.
In Little Cup most pokemon only have one or two viable sets. For example Diglett can only lead, or revenge kill. Bagon's niches are revenge killing with a Choice Scarf or sweeping with DD. Also, when these stats were acquired not many battles were played so one person alone may have made Bagon OU during that period of time.

please refer to our Little_Questions_Thread in the future for questions such as this.

So, how much do you think that the HG SS changes will effect the metagame? ESpeed Dratini and DDance barboach seem to stand out, but maybe there will be others, like Trick(switcharoo)specs Electike.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, how much do you think that the HG SS changes will effect the metagame? ESpeed Dratini and DDance barboach seem to stand out, but maybe there will be others, like Trick(switcharoo)specs Electike.
Currently Nasty Plot Misdreavus is standout Pokemon as it can be fit on a large number of teams and can sweep easiley, so much so that many are calling it broken. Due to this Stunky use has soared as it is the best counter to Misdreavus in Little Cup. Dragon Dance Dratini is another fairley large addition thanks to its new addition in Extreme Speed. Also, Rock Polish Aron is a top tier threat these days with a strong and reliable STAB in Head Smash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)