The Los Angeles Lakers! (OU RMT)

The Team
Hey y'all. This is a fun team I made after the Los Angeles Lakers. It started off as a fun team but I have had quite a bit of success with it. This team is very OUed but hey, it works =O One of my team's biggest flaws is the lack of a set-up sweeper so i might make CB scizor into SD Scizor.

ALL CHANGES WILL BE IN RED

Team building process:

I started with Salamence because #1 wallbreaker is needed and i always have Salamence on my teams because he's my favoritepokemon

I added in scizor to cover for the dragon/ice weakness mence had. Again, pretty standard.

I added in Gyarados because i know i needed something to cover Scizor. Gyarados resists fire and can set up on most of the firetypes that try to kill it.

I needed someone who has the power to own while absorbing electric attacks aimed at Gyarados. I first had Flygon but Flygon was just too frail. I decided to settle on Latias because she can screw over Blisseys with trick.

I needed a lead. I wanted a bulky lead but i also wanted a lead that could do damage. I had Metagross for a while but everyone and their mothers started knowing how to counter gross leads. I eventually settled for Jirachi.

Next i needed a filler so i added in Gengar. This is my most iffy spot.

Next i thought: Hey, since i'm already being gay with Jirachi, might as well be gayer! So i tested Togekiss inplace of Gyarados and it worked wonders <3

Finally, i tried out the Rotom advice y'all gave and it's spectacular!

Ron Artest
Jirachi
@Occa Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 56 HP/ 252 Att/ 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
Iron Head
Fire Punch
Stealth Rock
Body Slam

Ron Artest! I named Jirachi Ron Artest because Artest frequently gets into controversy and pisses people off. The same could be said about my Jirachi. He's a lead but his priority isn't to get off Stealth Rock. His main job is to cripple some of the opposing trainer's pokemons and to come back late game to hax everyone to death. The occa berry is to let it survive against leadtran/leadnape. You have no idea how many people have left games due to being flinched/paralyzed over and over again xD he is a valuable member and by no means a "suicide lead"

Against the top 15 most common leads of June, i
Metagross: body slam
Azelf: body slam then iron head to death
Jirachi: body slam then fire punch
Swampert: switch
Aerodactyl: ironhead or body slam. I have yet to face one o.o
Infernape: body slam
Hippowdon: try to iron head it or switch
Bronzong: body slam then firepunch if it's levitate and switch if it's heatproof
Ninjask: lol BP team
Tyrannitar: iron head
Heatran: body slam
Roserade: body slam
Smeargle: body slam
Abomasnow: body slam or ironhead
Mamoswine: iron head. I out speed.

His EV spread is to make him have as much HP as possible and to be able to do damage. I changed the speed so he can out run jolly and adamant mamoswine leads. I also out speed adamant Lucario and max speed jolly Smeargle

I'm experimenting between Zen Headbutt/Iron Head and Twave/Bodyslam.

UPDATE: I decided on Body Slam because there were a lot of bulky ground leads (mamoswine and swampert) and well as the occasional Flygon. 60% chances are good enough for me (since i'm a pro scroller in Maple xd)

Kobe Bryant
Salamence
@Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs:
16 Att/ 240 SpA/ 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Earthquake
Flame Thrower

Kobe's the business. He's Kobe because Kobe's the star of the Lakers and Salamence is the star of my team. Like Kobe, who always makes a lot of points, he scores a lot of kills. He's my wallbreaker #1 and the BEST wallbreaker in the game. He always does something important. On some really good days, he's killed 4 of the opponents pokemons by himself before. On his bad days, he only takes 1. He averages around 2 kills per game. He makes the necessary openings for my team to get inside. I wouldn't trade him for anything. Draco Meteor almost kills anything that doesn't resist it, and dents those who resist it. Outrage is for a "physical Draco Meteor". Earthquake for fires/steels and Flamethrower for the steels. Noone likes being repeatedly nailed with Powerful dragon attacks. I just need to be careful on when to Outrage. This guy also does the important job of killing scizor.

For his EVs: Max speed so he can at least speed tie other base 100s and the rest into attack/spec attack. A full forced Draco Meteor is always nice. The 16 att is something i don't fully understand, but a lot of people use this spread so i guess it works.

I'm testing between Flamethrower/Fire blast and Outrage/Roost. He seems to die too fast so i think Roost may be an option.

Lamar Odom
Latias@Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunderbolt
Trick
She is my power-forward, just like Odom. She is my revenge killer and keeps several key threats in check. First and foremost, She has the strongest Draco Meteor in OU. No one likes the dents she makes. Second, she keeps +1 DD mences in check with Draco Meteor.

She also checks scarfed Flygons/Salamences. She checks +1 DD gyarados with thunderbolt. It's fun watching them stay in thinking i'm speced. Surf checks enemy scarf trans and tbolt also checks scarf starmies. Her main problem is the Scizors/Ttars that switch in so i MIGHT change one of her attacks to HP fire/fighting. Finally she destroys enemy walls. She laughs as my opponents predict a draco meteor and switches in blissey but instead gets tricked. The Trick also helps to check CurseLaxes and Suicunes (or anyone who sets up for that manner)

Her EVs is simple: Maximize damage.

If there is another alternative that isn't scizor/ttar weak, please let me know ;D

Pau Gasol
Scizor
@Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Att/ 6 Def
Adamant Nature
Bullet Punch
Super Power
U-Turn
Pursuit

Gasol is a beast. He get's down and dirty. Gasol also blocks shots and gets rebounds. This is kind of what scizor does. Scizor is my revenge killer/scout (rebounder) and he also walls (shot block) the enemy dragon type moves. I think y'all have seen enough of scizor to know his powers. He traps enemy Ghosts/Latias with pursuit. This is very useful for removing key threats. He can also clean up with bullet punch. Super Power 1 htis Blissey, Heatran, Magnezone, and others. U-turn lets him take big chunks out of enemy pokes while scouting. He absorbs the ice/dragon attacks aimed at my dragons and the bug attacks aimed at Latias.

For his EVs, max attack is needed. The HP lowers residual damage and the 4 def makes sure that he looses the speed tie to other Scizor so when they superpower, i get to take advantage of their defense drop.

My team currently lacks a set-up sweeper so i might make this scizor into a SD Scizor. I think Scizor will do good because since all of my opponents will be paralyzed, he can easily find time to SD/Roost Stall until full paralysis then wreck havock.

Pretty Standard stuff

Andrew Bynum
Togekiss
@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 SpD
Calm Nature
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Thunder Wave
Roost

B
ynum is the center for the Lakers just like how Togekiss is my center. He's one of the bulkiest membesr of my team and he holds it all together. I Originally had Gyarados on my team but he felt out of place. Bulkygyarados rapes but it didn't seem to flow with my team. I was looking for another Bulky pokemon to tank some special attacks aimed at Jirachi/Scizor. I also wanted another annoying pokemon that would piss people off. Togekiss was the answer! Togekiss provides support for my team as well as paralyzes the pokes Jirachi can't (ghosts).

Air Slash is there for the annoying factor as well as being his primary STAB. The 60% flinch rate couped with Paralysis is nothing to scoff at. Aura Sphere is for the coverage that Air Slash can't break through. I originally had Nasty Plot but i chose Roost because i </3 Stealth Rock. Yeah...my team's very annoying :D

The EVs were straight from the analysis because they work.

Derek Fisher
Rotom-H
@Leftovers
EVs:176 HP/ 216 Spe/ 116 SpA
Timid Nature
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Thunder Wave
Substitute

Thank you ARandomDude! I tried out the Sub Rotom with a few modifications and it works very very well. I chose H to bluff scizors into switching out so i can get the sub in. T-wave is my all time favorite status move. Once again this is my most ambiguous slot.

The EVs makes it so standard 52 SpA swampert can't break the subs. 40 Att Gliscor also can't break the subs with U-turn.

I'm still sort of having a toss-up between Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave but atm, Twave has done me a lot <3

Yep, this is my team.

Threat list:
Aerodactyl: Jirachi
Alakazam: People still use this? >_>
Azelf: I think Scizor or a scrafed DM can handle it. never had problems.
Blissey: Latias+trick=gg
Breloom: Twave on the spore then u-turn with scizor to gengar when he focus punches
Bronzong: twave then u-turn or setup on it with Gyarados.
Celebi: Scizor. Can also Air Slash abuse
Cresselia: Never had troubles, i guess i can trick or use scizor/gengar
Donphan: Gyarados
Dragonite: Both of my dragons outspeed
Dugtrio: never had problems so i wouldn't know
Dusknoir: Scizor
Electivire: it sucks
Empoleon: Gives me trouble, i try to have latias take the hit and TB
Flygon: scarf latias outspeeds or i use scizor
Forretress: Salamence
Gengar: Scizor, Latias
Gliscor: Gives me trouble. Usually i just use Gyarados
Gyarados: TB with latias. Even after 1 DD, i'll out speed.
Heatran: EQ with salamence.
Heracross: Scizor >that >_>
Hippowdon: Gyarados sets up on it with taunt.
Infernape: On paper, it seems it'd give my team trouble, but i haven't gotten trouble yet.
Jirachi: If it's a scarf chi that tricks, i switch into mence to get the scarf, otherwise i twave
Jolteon: Trouble :(
Kingdra: Scarf Latias outspeeds even after 1 DD. I fear RD ones though
Latias: Speed tie at the worst, scizor at best
Lucario: Mence, gyara, idk
Machamp: Never been a lot of trouble
Magnezone: twave then salamence/gengar/fire punch with Jirachi
Mamoswine: Scizor
Metagross: Idk, he's too good. Usually i twave. I i choose WoW, i might WoW
Ninjask: lol BP team
Porygon-Z: twave? never had trouble
Rhyperior: Idk, a lot of things work on him.
Rotom: gengar. twave it with Jirachi if it's scarfed, or Latias
Salamence: Latias outspeeds after 1 DD
Scizor: My worst nightmare, i guess flamethrower with mence
Smeargle: Everything works >_>
Snorlax: Trick it on the curse, or Twave/iron head it to death
Starmie: Scizor if trapped on a bad move or latias TB
Suicune: Trick then TB
Swampert: Hard mang.
Tentacruel: TB with latias
Togekiss: Scizor? idk
Tyrannitar: Hard to handle, it traps my latias. I guess scizor or Jirachi
Vaporeon: Trick then TB
Weavile: Scizor
Zapdos: Latias>Zapdos

I didn't write it but a lot of threats also fall to paralysis/flinch abuse <3

about your salamence i would suggest fireblast over flamethrower and whenever you have a mixmence i think brick break is a must it wrecks blisseys

quite presssed on time but jirachi is not named metagross and, you should definitely use body slam over t wave to hit swampert and hippodon leads which are way more common than ghost leads. Plus it works amazing on sash leads as body slam breaks it and maybe paralyzes for you.

might rate rest of team later but i saw lead jirachi not with scarf which is my favorite pokemon ever and i just had to do it. kudos on the notscarf

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Hello.

If you continue to have troubles with Gliscor, Swampert, and Metagross, I suggest you use Rotom-c over Gengar. Rotom-c will supply you with a lot more defensive prowess as compared to Gengar and it forces out Swampert with Leaf Storm and 2-3HKO's Metagross with Thunderbolt and resists all it's attacks and has an immunity to Explosion and Earthquake. Rotom-c also gives you another Tricker to help deal with stall better and a secondary check to Gyarados incase Latias faints as well as a secondary Lucario counter incase Gyarados faints. You can Trick Blissey with Rotom-c and Pursuit it with Scizor, leaving it at very low HP so with Stealth Rock Latias can generally finish it off. This also means you can get rid of Blissey without having to lose Latias' Scarf, which without you are Gyarados weak.

Rotom-c @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 40 HP/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Next off, I feel that Jirachi would benefit from at LEAST 200 Spe EVs. With 200 Spe EVs you outspeed Jolly Mamoswine leads, and obviously Adamant as well, which your current spread fails to do. You can also outspeed Adamant Lucario with that spread so you can check it late game thanks to Jirachi's resistance to Extreme Speed. You can also outspeed Max Speed Jolly Smeargle and Iron Head for a 2HKO and a potential flinch. I've always found at least a little speed to be nice on Jirachi sets that abuse Iron Head, as that way you still have an advantage over slower mons but also an advantage against semi quick mons, like the aforementioned Mamoswine and Lucario. I believe Thunderpunch and Body Slam may deserve testing over Thunder Wave. The paralysis chance on both of them is rather high thanks to Serene Grace as well as dealing damage (and Thunder Punch 2HKOing Gyarados).

Also, the 16 Atk on Salamence is to 2HKO standard Blissey with Draco Meteor + Outrage with Stealth Rock out. Also just a nitpick, run 8 Spe on Scizor.

Good luck!

I would also suggest Rotom, except that I would recommend a Substitute variant.
Rotom-<insert any letter here> @Leftovers
176 HP/116 SpA/216 Spd
Timid
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp

The HP makes sure 52 SpA Swampert never breaks a sub, the speed to outspeed Jolly Gyara. The rest in special attack for power. Tbolt will do ~39% to Metagross, who cannot break a Sub after Will-O-Wisp. Shadow Ball will do ~30% to Swampert and ~39% to Gliscor. 40Atk Gliscor will not break a sub with U-Turn, especially while burned. The substitute protects you against pursuiters while you run or give them a painful burn.

The form you choose depends on who you want to scare. The washer scares away heatran. The oven scares away Scizor, etc.

Meh spiritomb is good and all but im pretty sure rotom can do what spiritomb can but hey, Go for it. Spiritomb is very underated so yea..They both can work with this team..

OT:inb4lakerswinin2010

Meh spiritomb is good and all but im pretty sure rotom can do what spiritomb can but hey, Go for it. Spiritomb is very underated so yea..They both can work with this team..

OT:inb4lakerswinin2010
Hmm i see, what would be a good Spiritomb moveset to fit this team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)