The love of your life cheats on you.....

I have no idea why everyone seems so forgiving to the women. She lied and kept the lie going for decades. If she had said upfront, back in the 40s that she cheated, then MAYBE there could be some sort of forgiveness. But seven decades of living a lie later? Yeah, nah.

No excuses.

Edit: I also don't get why someone's saying that "oh, we're just humans and we have needs". Aren't we supposed to be higher than dogs and cats, animals that hump and screw everything they can?

If it was the man that cheated on the woman, people would be shocked and horrified that he lied for all these years. Double standards everywhere.

we crave certain pleasures, hunger for sustenance, and more socially, long for companionship. thankfully, we have the intellect to determine for ourselves what we deem right and wrong including what we decide is intimately inexcusable.
I never said we didn't or that we shouldn't be held accountable, only that we make mistakes and that those mistakes shouldn't necessarily be the end of an otherwise happy relationship. Having the intellect to deem things right or wrong and live beyond animalistic urges doesn't mean that someone will never be misinformed about what's right and what's wrong, or simply make a stupid decision.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
very true, so don't date those kinds of people

it's fair enough to make a stupid mistake and swear that you'll never let it happen again…. if you're in high school. if you keep turning the other cheek your neck is eventually going to get sore.

but if you are speaking in the general sense, no SHIT people can make stupid decisions and mistakes. you may be incapable of perfection but you're not incapable of learning from your mistakes!!

it's fair enough to make a stupid mistake and swear that you'll never let it happen again…. if you're in high school. if you keep turning the other cheek your neck is eventually going to get sore.
It's horrible whether someone's 17 or 32. I'm not making excuses for it in any way, just disagreeing that breaking it off is always the way to go. Couples counseling is always an option to try, especially when it's not a recurring problem (which is intolerable even to me). It seems a shame to end it without even trying to fix it.

but if you are speaking in the general sense, no SHIT people can make stupid decisions and mistakes. you may be incapable of perfection but you're not incapable of learning from your mistakes!!
No arguments here. I expect mistakes, but I also expect them to be corrected.

Contrary to whatever tone my original post might have had, I really don't blame anyone for choosing to leave. I just think it's a bit hasty and they might be giving up on something that could still work.

Considering she probably would have never told him about the affair, even after 77 years, I'd say it's justifiable for him to leave.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Agreeing with Hipmonlee here; the best part of the story is the retards who respond to it.

My favorite: "Oh, please - get over it, Antonio. Don't tell me he didn't fool around as a young soldier. Wouldn't it be great if one of his conquests came forward - if she's still alive, that is!"

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cheating is wrong

The decision whether to forgive is debatable however; that's the point most people are missing here.

I'm not on some high horse saying you should forgive and that everyone who says otherwise is wrong; I'm just saying that some will forgive, and some will not, depending on their mindset.

this should be really obvious. if you don't love them, you divorce; if you still love them, you don't.

by definition, if they were "the love of your life" then it would be against your interests to seek divorce.

basically i agree with alchemator.

Pshh. If I wanna learn on the Internet i'll go on Wikipedia. Oh yeah. The lady cheating. OFF WITH HER HEAD! But seriously get a divorce dude.

I would like to say I would get out, but shit, can you imagine being 99 and like, deciding to completely change something you have been doing for 77 years. That's pretty bold imo..

I mean, you know, by that time there isnt exactly the precedent to worry about..
I would just kill her and then myself probably, at that age. I just figured it would be a bad place to take the conversation!

Mistakes are human. Cheating is not a mistake, it is always on purpose. Feelings do not just sweep you up and make you do something if you do not want the feelings to do it. If it happens because of drugs then that person is a complete imbecile and I really do not care to argue any of the philosophy on what their actions in that state mean. Running a red light by a second and not changing anyone's life in any way is a mistake. Putting your vagina on a different dick than usual is a malicious and/or knowledgeable choice.

Agreeing with the murdering the wife thing. Except, I wouldn't kill myself, I would roll around in her innards and steal her voice box and put it inside myself and use it to call up the person she had an affair with and invite him over and then wear my wifes skin and rape him and then kill him and then migrate to Africa to spend the rest of my days with my true people.

Agreeing with the murdering the wife thing. Except, I wouldn't kill myself, I would roll around in her innards and steal her voice box and put it inside myself and use it to call up the person she had an affair with and invite him over and then wear my wifes skin and rape him and then kill him and then migrate to Africa to spend the rest of my days with my true people.
hi wtf

i hope you never marry anyone

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
she's been lying to him for like 70 years. that would make me want a divorce.
This is at the heart of it for me too.

Yes, people make mistakes. If she had been upfront about it seventy years ago, then forgiveness could be a possibility, sure. But lying for 70 years is not a mistake. That is a choice, and a hurtful one at that. It honestly makes me question if she loved him at all; living a lie for that long with the one who is supposed to be the human you are closest to on this earth is disheartening.

Cheating=bad.

IMO their are no loopholes to cheating. Loopholes to cheating is cheating. What she did is break a vow that she made when she married him. However! I'm assuming that she had asked for forgiveness to the man when he found out and if I were to love someone with all of my heart that I would DIE for them, then I would forgive them. After all, you married them because you loved them. And walking out is also breaking that other one's heart. I know this next part will sound cheezy, but don't do wrong for wrong.

Sure she should have told him 70 years ago. But why didn't she tell him? Maybe it was because she was ashamed of what happened and was too afraid to tell him, afraid of a divorce. Still, those burdens that we don't talk about will stick with us until we die.

However! I'm assuming that she had asked for forgiveness to the man when he found out and if I were to love someone with all of my heart that I would DIE for them, then I would forgive them. After all, you married them because you loved them. And walking out is also breaking that other one's heart. I know this next part will sound cheezy, but don't do wrong for wrong.
so um i guess this comment could be construed as twisting your words but by that logic the wife could have done anything and you should still forgive them because walking out is wrong?

stop being selfish if i were him.. as noted from the beginning, he's got family and i think any harsh reaction will hurt them for sure.

he's too old anyway..why not stay with the family spirit, shut the hell up, try to forgive and die in peace.

it's not only about him, IT'S ABOUT THE FAMILY HE KEPT FOR MANY YEARS.

canno

formerly The Reptile
So I'm doing my normal lurking, when suddenly, I read this:

what.

the.

fuck.

On topic, by that age, I'd be too fucking old to care.

However, if someone cheated on me around now or about maybe 10 years later, I would most likely dump her, except in certain cases.

norulz

excellent
i would forgive her if it was ~10 years ago tbh
i'm trying to understand this post, but i'm having a hard time understanding your logic

time doesn't change what happened, not to mention you say ~10 like it's not the exact number you're looking for but it's close? what if she cheated on you 1 year ago? then would you divorce her?

so you either divorce her or you don't, you don't use the 'time' argument because anyone with brains realizes that it's just another reason to divorce: a lie by omission, assuming he never asked her before.

hell, i'd be more likely to forgive someone if they told me straight away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)