The love of your life cheats on you.....

If anything, it's sad that she lied to him for that long, so, yes, I agree with norulz. Imagine realising you'd been with someone who betrayed you for 77 years and they'd lied to you for decades. It would put a new light on the time you had spent together.

At that age I don't know if I would care, but I have a special loathing for liars, especially cheaters (I take a similarly unforgiving stance on cheating to CK), and I doubt I would want to die beside one. If you still loved that person, perhaps you would be able to reach forgiveness, but apparently this man isn't.

stop being selfish if i were him.. as noted from the beginning, he's got family and i think any harsh reaction will hurt them for sure.

he's too old anyway..why not stay with the family spirit, shut the hell up, try to forgive and die in peace.

it's not only about him, IT'S ABOUT THE FAMILY HE KEPT FOR MANY YEARS.
Since he seems to have the mental faculties to do so, he should seek happiness while he still lives.

i think if i was 99 years old and someone cheated on me, i would still be more worried about whether or not i wake up on a daily basis.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As much as we do not want to admit the chilling truth behind affairs and the consequences that follow, the thought of "if they're capable of doing it once, then they're as likely to commit it once more" is the moto behind each individual who has had to live through the pain and suffering.

Agreeing with the murdering the wife thing. Except, I wouldn't kill myself, I would roll around in her innards and steal her voice box and put it inside myself and use it to call up the person she had an affair with and invite him over and then wear my wifes skin and rape him and then kill him and then migrate to Africa to spend the rest of my days with my true people.
Call me.

stop being selfish if i were him.. as noted from the beginning, he's got family and i think any harsh reaction will hurt them for sure.

he's too old anyway..why not stay with the family spirit, shut the hell up, try to forgive and die in peace.

So basically, he should shove all personal feelings aside and keep everything bottled up inside of him until the day he dies? Yeah, that's a wonderful way for a 99 year-old man to live and can surely not cause a further strain on his family.

If he feels that divorce is the correct way to go, then he probably will die in peace.

Agreeing with the murdering the wife thing. Except, I wouldn't kill myself, I would roll around in her innards and steal her voice box and put it inside myself and use it to call up the person she had an affair with and invite him over and then wear my wifes skin and rape him and then kill him and then migrate to Africa to spend the rest of my days with my true people.
Grimdark edgy as fuck hardcore teenager detected.

I'm just saying that the vows you made when you get married shouldn't be broken. Yes the wife broke the vow and it's a horrible thing. But just because she broke the vow doesn't give the husband any right to break his promise as well.

I'm not saying that the husband should be all happy day and stuff like that after hearing her confession. I would be a little bit mad and dissapointed in her. But still...... if you married them, didn't that mean that you loved them and that you still love them? So now that you are old, you don't love them anymore for making a bad choice? For some reason, that sounds screwed up to me.

IMO I believe that you should forgive. Yes it may take some time. Yes you may be hurting. But the fact is that you married them because you LOVED them. So if he even had a doubt that he may stop loving her and that he had doubts about his marriage, then he shouldn't have gotten married. I just don't think that divorce is the way out of things, and that you should try an other way first. Like counseling.

Now when it comes to touchy things like divorce, everyone has a different opinion. Some may think divorce=ok. Some believe divorce=bad. I am one of those that believes that he shouldn't have divorced her. But that's just my opinion.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I'm just saying that the vows you made when you get married shouldn't be broken. Yes the wife broke the vow and it's a horrible thing. But just because she broke the vow doesn't give the husband any right to break his promise as well.

I'm not saying that the husband should be all happy day and stuff like that after hearing her confession. I would be a little bit mad and dissapointed in her. But still...... if you married them, didn't that mean that you loved them and that you still love them? So now that you are old, you don't love them anymore for making a bad choice? For some reason, that sounds screwed up to me.

IMO I believe that you should forgive. Yes it may take some time. Yes you may be hurting. But the fact is that you married them because you LOVED them. So if he even had a doubt that he may stop loving her and that he had doubts about his marriage, then he shouldn't have gotten married. I just don't think that divorce is the way out of things, and that you should try an other way first. Like counseling.

Now when it comes to touchy things like divorce, everyone has a different opinion. Some may think divorce=ok. Some believe divorce=bad. I am one of those that believes that he shouldn't have divorced her. But that's just my opinion.
Master Win i swear to God you are getting stupider.

the vows went out the window when she slept around on him in the 40s. there were no vows to break for the last seventy years, and he didn't break them, he cancelled them. He married somebody he thought was the person he loved, and realized he didn't know who she was. She was a jerk, and he doesn't want to be tethered to a jerk. He is the only person who can decide whether to forgive and he chose "no." anybody passing judgment on his decision is way overstepping their bounds

*Frowns*

I did say that that was my opinion. Everyone has different opinions than others. Some people believe divorce is wrong and some believe it's right. I think it's wrong. I think what both of them did is wrong. But that was just my opinion. Not saying that my opinion is the law or anything like that. Your opinion is that divorce would be ok. And I will respect your opinion and not thrash it around with my opinion.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Before my wife and I got married we both agreed that divorce was not an option. The subject comes up now and again because of stuff like this in the news and people we know. I have no doubt that our positions haven't changed. Although I've never cheated on her, I've done things that i'm not proud of, and she knows about them. She's done things that have really ticked me off, but she's never cheated on me. But I'm convinced that even if I did cheat on her she wouldn't leave me. And I'm convinced that I'd do the same for her. We've never had to cross that bridge, but that's where we stood from the beginning and where we both stand right now, almost 8 years later. Maybe I'm just young, but I can't see it changing in the future.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I never said it wouldn't crush her soul and seeing her break like that wouldn't make every moment of my life miserable. I just know she wouldn't leave me and wouldn't give up on me.

I think that our mutual care for each other is what keeps us from cheating on each other. There are more attractive women out there and I'm sure she's had opportunities when I was away to cheat (I have) but good lord I couldn't do that to her. If she'd ever find out she would be so hurt and I couldn't live with myself. It's just not worth it.

believe it or not, parents divorcing doesn't put that much strain on children in their fifties.

i guess it depends on the country's culture, i guess.

our place values family the most and age doesn't really matter

the first one refers to family valuing.. and the other one is about himself..they're different things.

in a "normal" situation i would get out immediately

but this old fuck is pushing triple digits come on
this. i mean, damn, if a kid assaulted me i would sue their ass immediately

but i mean attacking old fucks who are pushing triple digits is okay come on

believe it or not, parents divorcing doesn't put that much strain on children in their fifties.
The family is much more important and sacred in more catholic cultures like Mexico and Italy than it is in places like america where you can find divorce lawyers on every corner.

I would be more offended by my mother cheating on my father and lying about it for 77 years than I would be by my dad divorcing her for that fact.

Just sayin'

but... correcting something wrong by doing something wrong is wrong.

the wound is already deep, why make it deeper?

I would find relief in knowing that my father is happy, and my mom would have to live with the repercussions of making one of the dumbest choices she could make.

I really don't think the divorce is making anyone's 'wounds' deeper except maybe the wive's, and that's her own fault I suppose. Being cheated on makes you feel like a fool, I know that much, I can't imagine how betrayed I would feel if I was lied to for 77 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)