NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Search > "yeti" > this thread > by: Aura Guardian/Asek

Like yeah slightly more than me (but then again, yeti was also more active than I could be (and asked a lot of things I wanted to ask before I could...)) but the vast majority were just small quips or one liners in response to something yeti said.

Also seriously, this is a pretty garbage way to attack someone. Like, there's 0 way to defend ones self from the way someone is reading the actions of dead scum. Ofc the obvious answer is just you are scum and making shit up to cause mislynches. But still. There's 0 way for me to actually respond to this accusation, and that seems very intentional.
I mean you can undersell the difference, but that doesn't change how little correspondence you had with them. Secondly yes they replied with small quips to Yeti, asek however NEVER did that to you, even with Moody's small contributions asek mocked him twice. The fact there is so little between you stands as something unusual.

Also really? Your argument is I made an accusation you can't refute, therefore it's scummy? News flash, you have been trying to refute my points since I made them trying to find holes in my argument or explain why I am wrong, yet in the very same post you do one of those things, you claim there is no way to defend yourself from it. There is a reason WIFOM stands for Whine In Front Of Me, and that reason can be seen right here.

LightWolf

lightwoof
point noted but it seems farfetched that AG would attempt to """"distance"""" from his buddy that way when said buddy is already in literally the best position to win lylo
ok I'm gone now
His other option was jumping on DLE, someone he expressed the possiblity of lynching first anyways and is in many poes, not choosing to do so implies he either had given up or had a specific reason to push Former instead. While he did suicide eventually to shut Hitmon up, then I do not see the point of voting Former at all if he had given, though could have been going through the motions. This is mostly WIFOM in the end, but it does compound on the rest of my observations.

LightWolf

lightwoof
if you need me ping me and i'll get back to you when i get back.
I need you, to prevent forest fires and actually do shit. I view you positively but until you get your shit together I have to expect the worst case of having to lynch myself just to prevent me going to LYLO with Former lol.

After the post edit: Yea umm so i started eimming then i uh fell asleep. I even did the shit to try to hold myself accountable. I promise to get the rest of the isos done after work today. Granted my word doesnt mean much at this point because im an idle fuck.

FH= Shit about him talking about masonslipping with Texas early d1 was null but probably shouldnt have happened. Stayed relevant; i dont think he did much warranting that early d1 TR from so many tbh after looking his early d1 repeatedly (by early TR i mean wthe first 25ish or so pages). Might be something i was missing on that front so it would be appreciated if someone could explain it to me.
After that however I noticed what you guys were refering to with the whole “Pop in; Make some pretty posts then kbai for awhile” but it was enough to show he was keeping up with the game and those pretty posts were generally pretty solid and showed his thought processes that i was honestly capable of following. (IE Posts like #975)
I know asek had recieved some heat d1…. But does scum!FH really open d2 lighting that hard into asek? Granted most of his points on that opening d2 post were pretty much restated but that said I did like the initial ISO.
After the iso on asek he procededs to hop on the MS wagon with not too much context unless i missed anything which kinda bothers me. Why MS>Asek at this stage @formerhope? And then…. Day phase endo!
Trust of yeti saying his thoughts echoes yeti noted at this point doesnt everybody like yeti? /me shrug
Unrelated to this iso but i found LW o3o
Anywho first post of theirs this day (d3) They hop right back on the asek train.
Mild interaction and a light SR on DLE/me which is eh. At least the pressure got my/DLE back into the game a bit…. Granted that was also a drunk DLE.
First person i believe to point of the NAI of moody’s early hammer which i’d like to lean town. Thats an easy thing to heckle someone for; especially a slot that has done as little as moody…
Has Asek SR…. DLE Scumlean; fair enough.
Soft defense of leet is probably a +1 in my eyes(#1,848)
At this point i he put a bit of heat on my slot citing my redicilious inactivity…. No defense tbh.
Progressively SR’d LW more as the rest of the game progressed which is NAI as i havently looked as all of LW’s walls yet.

Gonna format the following so it comes after the FH iso. I found it right after my “slot has done as little as moody” comment.
Unrelated again but im isoing FH out by reading through the entire thread with a focus on him when i found this gem. KoC town ez money $$ (he is now last on my iso priority list btw). AG was under little heat before this post and he goes in and rips him a new ass. This was gorgeous and reads beatifully. And ily KoC. He single handed handed the Aura the L completely calling him out. Tone reads very pure; open thought process; bodies a scum. I dont know what more i can ask for in a post.
Aura

1353- brief iso on pre-wall Light and an iso on Metal. This is the iso I said was half-finished and on second look it seems like he made it without checking the NK. Which kinda wrecks half his basis for voting Metal in the first place since he was partially hinging on Metal predicting Hawkie and Proph's alignments. Imagine I just posted a gif of Lucille Ball grimacing, because that's how I feel here.

1376- Brings up OMGUS in reference to his iso on metal. Confusing until I remind myself that OMGUS originally had a non-retaliatory usage.

1379- This is the post my general impression of Aura was based in before the D2 hammer. Second sentence is a very Townie pov.

1399- Acknowledges Hawkie's death.

1426- iso on Texas. Says Tex's 97 read like a VT softclaim. Applies awareness of Hawkie's death to the read, along with a general statement on Hawkie's flip. That general statement about people looking better or potentially worse is the closest we get to him correcting the "predicting Hawkie" part of his read on Metal. Both reads Tex as Town and wants to use Texas's own suggested tactics later in the game. I'm trying to parse the fact that he's excusing fluffy Texas posts but called fluffy Metal posts "junk". Is it an issue of Metal looking worse by comparison?

1471/1473- Aura's last posts of D2. Asks about majority and then rephrases it in a way that looks worse in tone.

D3

1500- Scumleans Former, pointing out actions as inconsistent and citing Former's reason for voting Metal as hypocritical behavior. Then cites Metal's mislynch and needing to read new content as reasons not to vote him. I like that he's scrutinizing a generally TR'd slot (shows individual thought process), but I'm also trying to parse some wifom that comes from part of his read on Former involving Metal's wagon. I think I'm hung up on 1353 in that regard.

1506/1520/1525- Refutes Light's read on Hitmon, then proceeds to potentially out the second mason. Scum being able to figure it out themselves does not excuse actions that make it easier to find Masons.

1610- readslist. How is Former "down to" a scumlean when your iso already said he was a scum lean?

1618- says why Metal hammer reads scummier than metal L-1. I disagree that L-1 was not an issue becuase L-1 was reached in less than 24 hours and that is an issue.

Aura is scum and I'm going to bed.

Former is probably town tbh all things considered;
Tldr what i know about KoC atm i really like; i recall enjoying his early game too upon initial readover even if i recall it to be a bit fluffy. But thats KoCs early game in general so im fine with calling the fluff NAI. And he is now my lowest priority slot to iso out.
Fuck if i know atm between moody/LW and i dont look forward to reading LWs walls because wooooork.

Also Former Hope if you could reiterate your logic for TRing yeti that implicity that would be great. Because pardon if i missed it in my half dazed state but i didnt find much basis for the yeti TR in your posts.

Another heads up i have currently had two full game readthroughs and a skim so if there is anything in particular you want analyzed lmk. But once again i work almost all day unfort. I'll do more things when inarrive home tonight.

shit dude that was a long time ago. But I think basically it was just their tone being radically different from their scum game. Plus also just having a ton of mind meld moments so I knew roughly where their head was.

OH I REMEMBER it was also based on how they were solving. Like they would bring up solves like empoof being active on MS but not here and similar things and that kind of stuff is really hard to fake as mafia as it requires putting in quite a bit of work.

Also as for MS over Asek d2. I didn't intend to be part of a lynch train lol. My intention was half annoyance at how crazy MS was being and the other half was wanting to put pressure on him to get actual content because he was flipping reads back and forth without explaining why. Then I went to bed and people kept voting then I woke up and he was dead.

Disagree that AG was under no pressure before KoC's post as he was getting looks from a few people (Yeti/Me I'm pretty sure, don't remember anyone else) as of 1 or 2 pages before it

Don't disagree that it looks good for Knights but I'll look back and see if he made other isos of that kind back then

LightWolf

lightwoof
LightWolf You never explained why you decided to push a counterwagon to AG while saying that he was pretty scummy, even after being called out on it multiple times
I did explain it, stop being daft. Let me try again, ahem BECAUSE I SUSPECTED HITMONLEET MORE!!! In other news, man pushes main suspect over a secondary read, gets lynched for it, more at 7.

Okay you don't like my former push, then please look into my reasons why I am clearing DLE and Knights in my verdicts, whoever the scum is either those are 100% correct or I am town and wrong about, not engaging and crossing the two off the list is a pointless excersize Moody, I mean if you are town that is(dundunDUN). Point is since I think it's former I highly benefit from you narrowing it down to me or former from your PoV, so please reevaluate Knights and DLE hard.

You'll have to admit "I SR that one scum but suspects that one town coutnerwagon more" is a pretty convenient explanation

Usually when there are 2 scum left people who are confident they might be pushing mafia will look at the other slots and think "ok if this one is scum it's probably X or Y" instead of sidestepping calls from other players to take stances on the rest of the playerlist

LightWolf

lightwoof
You'll have to admit "I SR that one scum but suspects that one town coutnerwagon more" is a pretty convenient explanation

Usually when there are 2 scum left people who are confident they might be pushing mafia will look at the other slots and think "ok if this one is scum it's probably X or Y" instead of sidestepping calls from other players to take stances on the rest of the playerlist
So what if it's convenient? That's not an argument, that's a WIFOM. Texas also pushed Proph over Asek despite expressing interest in putting either at L-1, is him mislynching Proph also too convenient despite us now knowing he was town. Is Hawkie's blind tunnel onto Proph day 1 to the ignorance of everything else also just as convenient? Isn't it extremely convenient that if I didn't keep Hitmon pushing till he claimed he'd still likely be alive and just as scummy and far more likely to be mislynched because at this point no one would buy his mason claim?

DEAR MOODY, If I am lynched today and flip town, if you are alive I request you in big bolded letters exclaim: "Isn't it convenient how I misslynched LightWolf" if you don't you are scum. You are free to believe this isn't happening(and if I am scum I still implore you to check my DLE and Kngihts verdicts and give your opinions on them, same with Former Hope though less relevant on the Knights front since he shares my read on him. After all if I am scum, both of my verdicts HAVE to be correct on those two), but it'd make me forgive you if you do end up mislynching me.

DLE: Most note worthy interactions are three cases I'd say. After Asek had been pushing Empoof consistently why defending me and DLE from time to time, he calls out Hitmon and points out how Hitmon only highlighted me and Empoof for idling but not DLE. I can't see him using this to push his iDLE buddy while directing away from Empoof who he had been pushing for most of the middle part of the day. Then there is the case of the delayed ISO, when AG promised to ISO Asek(which he never did) Yeti called out AG's DLE read, which eventually led to AG dropping the Asek read and doing DLE first. I find it highly unlikely, that even with prompting from Yeti, he specifically delays the ISO of his scum buddy to read his other scum buddy worse than previously. Third event is how AG completely flipped his read on DLE, and called his playstyle not matching his expectations of DLE, despite in his previous ISO of him while being wishy washy, still town leaning him as a whole, yet he now thinks DLE is scummy, not even for what his sub had done during the day. All those considered I find DLE being third scum extremely unlikely.
I find it kind of weak. Maybe it'd be more convincing if I saw the actual quotes you were talking about.

For example, Asek at the time was 100% in a more precarious position while DLE was in a bad, but not awful position. So I don't see AG dropping an asek ISO to do a DLE one where he pushes for townDLE to be significant in a towny sense. If anything, it looks like AG was attempting to help his one buddy who actually had a chance.

There's also the flip bit where AG was calling out DLE as town for weak reasons and then starts to scum read him once it seemed like AG might be lynched. That to me looks *very* much like trying to distance yourself from someone.

There's also stuff too that I pointed out in my AG ISO where at times AG felt very frustrated. Both during the day with Asek lynch and on the last day. This of course makes a lot of sense if he believes mafia aren't in a great position and that the last person probably doesn't have much of a chance, either through idling or w/e.

This is wifom, but kill wise the leet kill also makes the most sense coming from you and epik. You because leet was 100% going to push you the next day (though I see this as less likely then...) but also makes sense from the view point of someone not entirely caught up on the game and believes leet's mason claim.

All in all, I find that read of yours to be sorta meh and hardly a basis to keep him out of a lynch pool. That said, I do think it's weird that scum LW tries to narrow his lynch down to just me? Like I can't really see the game plan there but w/e.

LightWolf You never explained why you decided to push a counterwagon to AG while saying that he was pretty scummy, even after being called out on it multiple times
saying he "never explained why he pushed hitmon>AG" he made it very clear how he felt... maybe a little to clear? If you were to ignore LW's tunnel on hitmon then you would have to do so willingly. There is no way you were unaware of why he was doing it.

Disagree that AG was under no pressure before KoC's post as he was getting looks from a few people (Yeti/Me I'm pretty sure, don't remember anyone else) as of 1 or 2 pages before it

Don't disagree that it looks good for Knights but I'll look back and see if he made other isos of that kind back then
Will go back and reread that l8r posting as a self reminder

The matter is not that he had whatever reason to push the easiest mislynch to be had in this game state
It is that he ignored the fact that what he was doing was to push a counterwagon to someone he agreed was very sketchy, without explicitly weighing the two as TvS or even SvS, it was just a tunnel which we are asked to believe was made for the reasons he's stated.

If people could stop pretending tunneling Leet over a stated scum read without commenting on the implications that would result from either's flip and while dodging prods to do so is natural townie behavior and self-explanatory that would be just great

LightWolf

lightwoof
The matter is not that he had whatever reason to push the easiest mislynch to be had in this game state
It is that he ignored the fact that what he was doing was to push a counterwagon to someone he agreed was very sketchy, without explicitly weighing the two as TvS or even SvS, it was just a tunnel which we are asked to believe was made for the reasons he's stated.
If your argument is that you can't trust my reasons for pushing leet over AG, then why did you keep asking for them. That's an exercise in pointlessness when all you had to say was, "He pushed Hitmon over AG, this is never acceptable". Which you obviously don't say because it is idiotic, so you push for me over and over to state why I did what I did then shut it down claiming that's just a WIFOM.

I find it kind of weak. Maybe it'd be more convincing if I saw the actual quotes you were talking about.

For example, Asek at the time was 100% in a more precarious position while DLE was in a bad, but not awful position. So I don't see AG dropping an asek ISO to do a DLE one where he pushes for townDLE to be significant in a towny sense. If anything, it looks like AG was attempting to help his one buddy who actually had a chance.

There's also the flip bit where AG was calling out DLE as town for weak reasons and then starts to scum read him once it seemed like AG might be lynched. That to me looks *very* much like trying to distance yourself from someone.

There's also stuff too that I pointed out in my AG ISO where at times AG felt very frustrated. Both during the day with Asek lynch and on the last day. This of course makes a lot of sense if he believes mafia aren't in a great position and that the last person probably doesn't have much of a chance, either through idling or w/e.

This is wifom, but kill wise the leet kill also makes the most sense coming from you and epik. You because leet was 100% going to push you the next day (though I see this as less likely then...) but also makes sense from the view point of someone not entirely caught up on the game and believes leet's mason claim.

All in all, I find that read of yours to be sorta meh and hardly a basis to keep him out of a lynch pool. That said, I do think it's weird that scum LW tries to narrow his lynch down to just me? Like I can't really see the game plan there but w/e.
Firstly, the quotes are all there, in that very post, it's just you being lazy not finding them, especially when yourself pointed out how easy it is to even use the search engine to find the correct combos.

Uh no, DLE was in the unsalvagable situation, the only meaningful thing he did all game was put ms at l-1. The question there is not even if he put DLE in front of Asek to protect Asek, but the fact that he willingly put out the fact he was first ISOing his other scumbuddy over the scumbuddy he promised. That's just one WIFOM that does not really benefit the scum to try and fake between the 3 I put forth.

AG and Asek where both in the vast majority of poes, even if their third member wasn't, of course AG could easily be frustrated. Being put in a situation with no escape in sight is obviously frustrating, even if AG alone was being pushed, or even if AG was town and was being pushed, he'd likely sound frustrated. That argument holds no water when the feeling of frustration is so generic.

Leet kill makes no sense from any scum actually, except me. If Leet lives there is a very good chance I die, to any scum this is a huge benefit. And if after Hitmon makes it to lylo, would not many doubt him over his claim after he mislynches me. Either scum is me or scum made a kneejerk reaction, or felt they were secure in getting two mislynches. Suggesting Epik is far more farfetched than suggesting me.

Oh come on, you obviously read my Verdict on you so you know perfectly well that from his read list day 3 to his read list day 4 AG switched ALL HIS READS to the opposite side except for his read YOU and ME. Trying to suggest him switching on DLE means scum, would also lead to Hitmon being scum too for the flip over, or you can reason every of his new town reads are to mislead us into thinking he would bus his partner there. It's a WIFOM AG made very nonindicative, and you and me are left far more peculiar from it than anyone else.

Finally why only focus on AG. There is plenty of Asek points as well, the main one being after pushing Empoof and Defending me and somewhat defending DLE, when Asek jumped on Hitmonleet he instantly implicated DLE away from me and empoof calling out Hitmon for highlighting only me and Empoof. Does a scum who spent a long time pushing his afk scum partner, and switches off that thought only to push Hitmonleet and implicate his OTHER afk scumpartner with him?

LightWolf

lightwoof
If people could stop pretending tunneling Leet over a stated scum read without commenting on the implications that would result from either's flip and while dodging prods to do so is natural townie behavior and self-explanatory that would be just great
Why would I plan for the flip of Hitmonleet day 4, if he is scum he won't flip that day no matter what. Of course he'd claim mason if he was scum there after no one else attempted to claim and I spent all day reasoning there had to be a third mason most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)