The Mirage Pokemon *GIVEAWAY OVER: CONTACT THE DISTRIBUTERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm an interesting way of having a giveaway I will give it a shot :).

Dratini: Eclaire.

Slowpoke: Ariana.

Chinchou: Raitsume.

Just some names that came to mind :p.

Dratini: Viridis, the Latin word for green. It doesn't sound half bad. ;)

Slowpoke: Hippocampi, Greek creatures with the head of a horse and fish's tail.

Chinchou: Chordatus, the scientific name for one of the deep sea fish

Dratini: D-Rex (Like T rex except d for dragon)

Slowpoke: Slack bro (Slack off bro :D)

Chinchou: Bright eyes (a band)

Dratini should be: Hugmeandie. Because Dragonites may look cute and huggable, but if you tried he would be become outraged and then tear off your face.
Slowpoke: Blond Because the stereotype for blonds is there slow and dumb
Chinchou: Litlelight. A reference to the song "This little light of mine" and because he has lights.

Alright, I have decided to postpone the nickname deadline for 24 more hours in order to get the best nicknames possible for these ladies :)

Hmmm. I usually never do these things, but I'll give it a spin.

Dratini (Dragonite): Vice. The word Vice is synonymous with wickedness, corruption, and sin. I've always thought of Dragonite as a rather vicious Pokemon since first seeing his Gen 1 sprite, and, indeed, with an Adamant nature and a 31 attack IV, this Dragonite promises to be just that.

Slowpoke (Slowking): Murasaki. The Japanese word for the color purple (more specifically, lavender). Now don't count this out just because it's another lame color translation name. This one is particularly appropriate since Slowking's shiny forme is lavender colored. Also, it is usually a feminine name (the most notable example being Murasaki Shikibu, the female author of "The Tale of Genji") and therefore fits the gender. Additionally, purple has connotations in Western traditions with royalty, thus it is a fitting moniker for Slowking. Finally, I find it to be a very beautiful and elegant name, two traits which Slowking could use a little more of (not hating, just saying!).

I really can't come up with anything for Chinchou. I'm sure I could put something down, but I wouldn't like it nearly as much as the two above.

The dratini would be called Falkor after, of course, the almighty (and speedy) luck dragon from the Neverending story. Luck dragons make the best out of any situation, and with the move extremespeed, this dragon would certainly be capable of surprising an opponent.

The slowpoke I would give the name Lolwut?. Its vacant expression and loveable arm movements would go perfectly with the name.

As for the chinchou, i think the name Trieste would be very fitting. Chinchou and lanturn are supposed to be denziens of the deep sea, and trieste, the famous Bathysphere used by Cousteau and crew was the first manned vessel to plumb the very bottom of the deepest sea trench on Earth in 1960

Dratini-Porunga. The Dragon from DBZ
Slowpoke-Barney. because it turns purple when it evolves and looks like him
Chinchou-SurfsUp

Dratini: Bahamut (big FF7 fan so it seems the best nick).
Slowpoke: Oblivia (in the series it was bitten by Shellder on it's tail and it did not notice for a couple of seconds).
Chinchou: Shocker (the potential to be a Special Wall in OU is a shock to most people).

Dratini: Pancakes. Because it's like Waffles but better.
Slowpoke: Jenny. It was Forrest Gump's girlfriend.
Chinchou: LucTilapia, the light tilapia.

Dratini: Sarpedon

Sarpedon is a hero from Greek myth. He was sold out by his father, Zeus, during negotiations between the Gods in the Iliad.

Slowpoke: Virgil
Virgil is the author of the Aeneid and serves as Dante's guide in The Inferno. I'm thinking this name is more suited for a destined Slowking than a Slowbro.

Chinchou: Apollo
Greek god of the Sun. I think the connection is clear.

As you can tell, I am definitely a classics nerd. I am also very new to the smogon community, and I appreciate the opportunity for a stellar pokemon.

Black FC: 1120 0772 7933

Dratini: Martini, or WhoDini? as in Houdini
Slowpoke: BiteMe- As in the evolution Process; PoohBear as in Winnie the Pooh ;D, Dopey- as in Low iQ, Cannabis- He looks high, Simpson as in Homer Simpson- the mouth bears uncanny resemblance. Manders- as in Salamander, Sappy- Its tail has a saplike substance used to bait Shellder. Conversely, ShellBait works too. Jailbait- a pun as Slowpokes are literally bait for Shellder. Buddha (with no offense intended to Buddhists)- To me, I think Slowpoke resembles the Fat Buddha portrayed in the religion. It seems quite jolly.
ChinChou: Charger, Plus Plus- as in Double Plus- its eyes resemble plus signs. An alternative would be Protons. QinZhou- a Chinese translation which actually sounds like the name.

Updated the OP with the winners, thanks for all the great submissions! If you didn't win don't be upset because I will most likely be holding more giveaways like this =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)