The MMA/Boxing/Fighting Sports Thread

Considering how good Johnson has been at LHW, it's hard to consider why he wanted to shrink and fight 35 pounds lighter at WW years ago...

Diaz still getting busted for marajuana, which I still fail to see how exactly is performance enhancing. But hey, neither can complain considering both were paid $1.3mil combined, excluding other perks like ppv.

Venom I won't lie that IS disappointing.

The fight itself was okay. Diaz is tough as nails and obviously worked on his kickboxing. Silva sparred for 5 rounds and was never in any danger. My biggest annoyance was whenever Silva would back Diaz against the cage and start hitting him Diaz would just cover up and refuse to counter. He didn't wana get caught but what can you do. Both made REALLY good money which is always cool because we know mma fighters don't get their worth. Also I think the fight decision either will be or already has been overturned to a no contest.

I felt bad for his bro Nate taking a beating when he obviously wasn't in fighting shape and probably just needed a paycheck.

--

Pettis was easy money for RDA. But I didn't call it. Thought Pettis was gonna do his thing and find a finish.

Presumably Khabib is gonna be the next champ but Cerone has apparently gotten better and RDA will be VERY motivated. Pettis will be back too. His bro took a bad loss too.

-

Since the thread is alive(!) I'll say couple things:

-JDS/Stipe was a good fight and Stipe got robbed.

-Rumble is scary

-Picking MacDonald over Lawler

-Aldo vs McGregor looks promising. Picking Aldo obviously

-Hunt vs Miocic is going to be a GREAT fight. Miocic should win it

-Dillashaw/Barao 2 will be epic. Going with Dillashaw as he seems to be quick enough

-Faber will be easy money for Edgar. Edgar's still champ material and Faber's faded.

-Machida v Rockhold will be exciting.

-Sorry Shinryu about Henderson :/ Mousasi is looking GREAT right now and will be in the title mix again.

-Crocop/Gonzaga 2 lol.

I'm still trying to figure out why Cro Cop is back, even in his fights away from the UFC he looked pretty bad I heard. I get that like everyone he needs a paycheck, but his ability to compete well is like...not there. Along with probably Hendo now, they should just give it up and retire because all they're really going to beat now are cans realistically.

That your uncle in your avatar Habajiga?

Might Mouse is more boring than GSP ever could be.

Bisping still very decent. Or CB is exposed.

Jon Jones stripped of his belt you guys........

DC vs Rumble for the title

Gonna be interesting to see Jones the contender lol.

What a dummy talk about ridiculous. Gets into accident. Hits pregnant woman. Then FLEES THE FUCKING SCENE ON FOOT. Oh and they found his weed pipe inside the fucking car. Dude you're a millionaire wth is wrong with you?

Agreed, his stupidity is astonishing.

Rumble/Cormier should be decent, though I'd expect Rumble to get a win here since Cormier will be scrambling to train, unless he was already training for a fight either on that card or a nearby one?

Cornier was scheduled to fight Bader on June 6, so fighting on May 23 shouldn't be a big issue for him. The only problem he'll probably have is cutting weight, but he should be able to handle it without fucking up his kidneys again.

What Jones did was stupid as shit and cannot defend him actions, but sucks that he's out of the card. He's my favorite fighter, easily top 3 GOAT right now and has the potential to be the undisputed GOAT. Hopefully he gets his shit together in the future and makes a comeback to the octagon.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Jones doesn't even deserve to do a title fight. Iirc he also got tested positive for cocaine(?) and apart from driving drunk and hitting a pregnant lady's car while driving and STILL leaving the scene that in itself should be enough to stop him from maybe even being allowed to fight in the UFC for quite a bit.

Also sorta pissed at how shitty he was to Cormier a couple of cards ago and I'm not sure how that didn't break the 'bad sportsmanship' line.

Meh UFC stripped Jones due to the pressure from the sponsors. Reebok, bud light and others dropped Jones and pretty much forced the UFC's hand.

Jones will be back and his (soon) return will be very profitable for him and the UFC you can bet on it. The guy's the most spectacular fighter since Fedor IMO. Going to be interesting to see how he does moving forward. Jones the person and Jones the fighting style have both become legends.

DC vs Rumble should be spectacular. Its so hard to predict a Rumble fight outcome. If DC loses he won't stick around as that would likely be his last title shot and he's the type of competitor who's either #1 or not interested. Point being LHW division looking shallow again.

Thought it was very weird of Jones to carry a lot of cash and his weed pipe in his rental car. If he wants weed and coke why the fuck does it look like he's going to pick it up himself. Fucking moron. Very surprised to see him being so wreckless.

Unrelated but AKA is looking stronger than ever. Cain the HW champ. Three other potential champs who are 1 or 2 fights away from a belt in DC, Rockhold, and Khabib. I don't see Rockhold beating Weidman but both DC and Khabib are champion material. Even Cain said Khabib's the most talented fighter he's ever trained with.

Yeah Jones' return will be extremely profitable for UFC, they may even hold his return as a title shot in NY(first show there, and he's a local) so it'll attract a lot of people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)