The Monotype Matchup Madness - Round 1

Approved by Quite Quiet
The Monotype Matchup Madness

Everyone knows how annoying it is when you have a bad matchup in Monotype. That's why this Tournament adds a little twist to that formula.
Once the matchups have been posted I will randomize a type you will have to use - your opponent won't know what type it is though as I will PM it to you.
To spice things up even more if one of the players has a bad type matchup I will inform him/her. But not what type your opponent has.

Example 1: Player 1 gets Water - Player 2 gets Dark - nothing happens
Example 2: Player 1 gets Water - player 2 gets Ice - Player 2 gets the notification that he has the bad matchup (because obviously Ice is not very effective against water) He won't know what his opponents type is though so he can prepare a bit better for potential steel, rock, fighting etc matchups so you have a chance with a bad MU - Player 1 won't recieve any info - as for them the matchup can be fair or good.

Here are the general tournament rules this tourney follows
Monotype Viability Rankings
Sample Teams

Matches will be BO1
Replays are Nessecary so I can see if you used your assigned type.
Smogon Inbox or Discord DM's have to be enabled so I can message you.

Matchups:
alive - JackTheBreloom
Lawill - Diophantine
Brancus - akaFila
Havens - WMSlifer
Lady Salamence - TheTankPlays
Ieki - evening
Nachtion - Mr. Miner
dhaarma - zugubu royale
monchooo - neomon
Magma - SoulWind

You'll recieve your types within the next 10 hours, I'm busy for now. Gl and Hf to all participants, Deadline is the 08th.

Last edited:

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't really know what the point of this tour is, but nearly every match up was unfavorable LOL

Ok just to clarify 2 things
1. Because it's in some cases debatable whether or not a matchup is bad I decided to keep it simple and just gave you a "bad mu" whenever your type is hit super effectively or is not very effective on the opponent. Simple as that. Sorry for not really stating that.
2. This tour sounded a lot better in my head than it's being executed, so let's get the next weeks over with so we can aim toward better tours.

Last edited:

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok just to clarify 2 things
1. Because it's in some cases debatable whether or not a matchup is bad I decided to keep it simple and just gave you a "bad mu" whenever your type is hit super effectively or is not very effective on the opponent. Simple as that. Sorry for not really stating that.
2. This tour sounded a lot better in my head than it's being executed, so let's get the next weeks over with so we can aim toward better tours.
I think this tour would work much better if we had a match up chart developed that was actually based on the meta, e.g. Poison has a positive match up vs psychic while psychic is super effective vs. poison

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)