The Monotype Melee: Preparations and Signup

For Fun: Have you ever participated a monotype tourney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to bring up the issue of Latias in this tournament. It's technically OU at the moment, but that's because any number of Steel-types and Tyranitar are floating around the OU tier at the moment. In a tournament such as this, it very well might end up being overpowered, when you consider the things that can actually stop it are generally all the same type.

Just some food for thought, as I really don't know the answer to what I just posted. It might be a problem, but then again it might just as easily be fine.

I'd like to bring up the issue of Latias in this tournament. It's technically OU at the moment, but that's because any number of Steel-types and Tyranitar are floating around the OU tier at the moment. In a tournament such as this, it very well might end up being overpowered, when you consider the things that can actually stop it are generally all the same type.

Just some food for thought, as I really don't know the answer to what I just posted. It might be a problem, but then again it might just as easily be fine.
It will be pretty awful if everybody runs a Dragon team.

"Hey guys, I"m gonna use Latias, Salamence, Flygon, Kingdra, Dragonite, and Magnezone. Aren't I clever?"

Also, if you are removing all weather effects (Particularly Sandstorm and Hail), I would recommend including a new amendment to the Item Clause that prohibits more than one Focus Sash on any team.

if i can?
i dont think ive been here long enough and i dont think i have enough posts :(

sign me up :D
maybe.. >_>

Sorry I wasn't even aware that latios was OU already but yeah its banned
Erodent is usually offline during the day so i will tell him when i see him to change the rules
i will add all the names in a little bit
pretty sure we are filled up though
also yes to the one focus sash per team rule.
i hate more than one focus sash ^_^

If you don't include me FG, I'll block you.................................................

make me a sub if it's full!

I'm not understanding what you say when you mean theme. So if I choose bug, I can use flygon because it's a dragonfly? If this is not the case I think you should change it to Mono Type not Monotheme

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think it means 5 of your team monotype and one other thats not, your last poke can be any type.

Okay the last sign up was cosmic jeff but i added the rest of you as substitutes
and yeah its types not themes
Latios will be banned.
I wasn't even aware he was ou yet
I'll have erodent fix that when he gets online
Raist don't block me!!!

As for prizes
Pink - Wanna give skymin or Cherrim?
Harro - Hp electric houndoom or is there something you had in mind?
Zerohours - Shiny rash luxray?
Turtwigpal - Torchic?
CosmicJeff - Shiny Lucario?
NOTE
Im just making suggestions with these prizes
you choose what you want to donate
And thanks for being so kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)