The Negative Metagame (Playable on Aqua!)

Feebas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hypnosis

130/135/130/140/95/70 Good god, feebas has 140 special attack with adaptability, and good bulk.
Just saying, you might not want to run Hypnosis on a Choiced set.

Otherwise, I agree; Feebas has a lot of potential here despite its highly restricted movepool.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Just saying, you might not want to run Hypnosis on a Choiced set.

Otherwise, I agree; Feebas has a lot of potential here despite its highly restricted movepool.
The only other options are Dragon Pulse (ice beam is better), Surf, and Toxic (which is in the same boat) - Hypnosis disables the opponent's check to Feebas although you could argue for Surf if it gets certain KOs (no hydro pump ;_;).

And I guess there's waterfall to hit special walls harder, if you're into that.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What happens when a Pokemon's stat is higher than 150? Does the new base stat become 0 or maybe 5?
It is outright depressing to see so many people post this question in these threads (this is the third iteration of it, if I recall correctly). It is written in bold and blue text right below the formula explaining the stat swap. What psychological phenomenon is it that makes people read the first sentence of the thread, and instead of proceeding to the second sentence decides to ask the most obviously-answered question of them all in the comments instead?

Sorry, but... people. They flabbergast me sometimes.

It is outright depressing to see so many people post this question in these threads (this is the third iteration of it, if I recall correctly). It is written in bold and blue text right below the formula explaining the stat swap. What psychological phenomenon is it that makes people read the first sentence of the thread, and instead of proceeding to the second sentence decides to ask the most obviously-answered question of them all in the comments instead?

Sorry, but... people. They flabbergast me sometimes.
I started reading this thread at 3 in the morning so I'm sorry if i didn't quite understand what the first few paragraphs were trying to portray. I have to say it's refreshing to see a forum moderator acting somewhat childish and not contributing to the thread for once.

Anyway, I've been looking at Wooper and it seems like an amazing wall. 95/105/105/125/125/135 is pretty darn good and is perhaps the only viable unaware wall atm (actually Woobat is viable too but it's typing isn't great and it isnt as bulky as Wooper). A specially defensive set with curse would be unbreakable outside of grass types and phazers, and Woopers high speed will allow him to setup at least one curse before the opponent attacks. Oh what's that? You brought grass knot specifically for Wooper? Well too bad because grass knot is just a measly 20bp against Wooper, you'd be better off using your STABS tbh (or hp grass idk)

Some calcs:

252+ Atk Zigzagoon Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Wooper: 130-154 (33 - 39.1%) -- 10.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Wooper Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zigzagoon: 208-246 (74.2 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
^^Tanks extremespeed after bd, outspeeds and OHKO's with scald/earth power before Zig can hit Wooper with seed bomb (just 4 speed evs allows you to outspeed jolly Zig as well)

252 Atk Life Orb Azurill Double-Edge vs. +1 248 HP / 0 Def Wooper: 165-195 (41.9 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Azurill Double-Edge vs. +1 248 HP / 0 Def Wooper: 179-212 (45.5 - 53.9%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
^^Once it sets up a curse things start to get interesting, as you can see after just one curse it avoids the 2HKO from this powerful behemoth
4 SpA Life Orb Azurill Hidden Power Grass vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Wooper: 177-213 (45 - 54.1%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
^^and without significant special attack investment (to be fair Azurills probably will so they can take advantage of their mixed attacking stats) hp grass won't be effective either.

On that note, i'd also like to talk about Azurill. Despite it's annoying lack of fairy moves (i was hoping for an offensive Sableye check, oh well) it does have amazing offensive stats, nice abilities and a cool typing. 100/130/110/130/110/130 means it can go mixed and outspeed a lot of the meta, it even outspeeds scarfed based 70's (lol suck it Feebas). It has access to Double edge, knock off, body slam, ice beam, scald, encore, waterfall, and hyper voice. Not the best movepool of course but it certainly has what it needs to be deemed a threat.

Last edited:
Grimer seems decent:

70/70/100/110/100/125 stat spread. It has the speed of normal Talonflame, the defenses of normal Scizor, and the special attack of normal Lucario, Raikou, and Yanmega.

Even though it normally has a higher Attack than Special Attack, most of Grimer's STAB moves are special. I see Sludge Wave being it's STAB move of choice. Grimer can also use Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball. However, Grimer's non-STAB special movepool is pretty limited.

I would rate Grimer 7.5/10.

Aaaaand, shuckle is now a glass cannon... With an amazing 5 defence and special defence

But for real, it Has the highests speed in the Meta, at 145, and has 140 base attack and special attack. Then take into account that it gets moves such as bug bite, stone edge and Earthquake. Just think about this. Then remember that it now gets 130HP.
#BanTheShuckle?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)