NU The NeverUsed League IV - Cycle 1 - GRAND FINALS (WON BY ETERNALLY)

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
1KhviwT.png
Welcome to the first cycle of the NeverUsed League! We have decided to make the NeverUsed League count towards the 2019 NU Tournament Circuit. This means that points earned in the NeverUsed League, together with all other NU Tournaments that count towards this Tournament Circuit, will determine who will fight in the eventual NU Tournament Circuit Playoffs. More on that can be found here. All you really need to know is that if you do well here, you have a shot at getting a cool and highly unique ribbon.

Here is this years format and general rules:
  • There will be 2 cycles - all of which will be standard Double Elimination USUM NU Tournaments
  • All sets played will be Best of Three series
  • All points gained in the NeverUsed League will count towards the NU Tournament Circuit, and is by far the best shot you have to score lots of points to guarantee a PlayOffs spot
  • I will keep a close look on toxicity and bad sportsmanship in this thread. Shit-talking in battle / this thread is okay to some extent, but know that there will be consequences if you cross the line
FINALS
Eternally vs zben

two important PSAs:
Eternally has to win 1 set to win the tournament. zben has to win two sets to win the tournament.
The finals will be in old meta, which means the following:
- Slowbro is allowed
- Diancie is allowed
- Defiant Passimian is not allowed
-
Pangoro is not allowed
You will have to challenge eachother in Gen 7 [RU]. I trust both of you guys enough to not cheat in this but make sure you check your teams before you challenge / accept the challenge, because it would be sad to have to DQ either person for bringing an illegal team.

Good luck and have fun! No deadline but don't make everyone wait too long c:

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
fongrats to zben on making it this far and a huge congratulations to Eternally for winning the tournament!

Thanks all for playing, it was a smooth cycle with minimal amounts of drama and activity issues (heh), hope to see you all participate in NU Majors, NUPL, NU Classic and all other upcoming NU Tours! NU League will take a break and the second cycle will start somewhere in September. See you all then hopefully!

also shoutouts to rozes for always knowing what to do with the tour when I'm unsure or made a bad decision. :heart:

Last edited:

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Won in some very tough sets. Congrats to my opponent for making it to finals, you played very well and brought some super cool techs, ggs wp. Had lots of fun this seasonal and it was nice to finally win something after an average start to the year. s/o to Shadestep for hosting and everyone that cheered me along the way, see you around!

Special shoutout to my good friend lucianvega for teams. I want to thx him a lot for the help . He knows very well this metagame , a really good guy , one of the best. Thx a lot.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)