Other The New New Resistance Thread - Game Friday, May 4th at 6 PM Pacific

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey, resistance is fun; we should play resistance again.

Here's yeti's description that I'm stealing because it's good:

Resistance is a sister to the irl Mafia, maybe you've played it at a party with friends. It's much faster than forum mafia and plays in real time, so games conclude in an hour, max, generally much less.

It's similar in that you're scumhunting, except nobody is lynched/killed, removing them from play. Instead, your goal is for the Resistance to Succeed three missions, with a possible five chances. It only takes one Spy on the mission to choose to Fail, except the fourth mission which needs two Fails. A certain number of players are voted onto these missions each time, and they then choose whether to Succeed or Fail.

Avalon is a King Arthur-inspired variant with more 'roles' including Oberon, a spy who doesn't know the other spies, Merlin, a wizard who knows all the spies but can be assassinated to allow a Spy win if he reveals himself, and Mordred, who is invisible to Merlin. We've often preferred to play this variant in the past.

We have used Skype in the past with everyone talking on it to discuss the game however this is not a requirement to play and we can go chat-only or use Discord, anything works tbh.
We'd play here: www.theresistanceplus.com/

Make an account there and the settings are pretty easy to figure out.

I want to organize a game this Friday, May 4th at 6 PM PDT (GMT -7). Feel free to post if interested and I'll send you a reminder; otherwise I'll just be nagging over discord.

We can use this thread to organize future games too but if you want to play resistance, be around on Friday!

Bumping this because Resistance is fun. I'd be up to hosting/playing some games with people who are available. We could play on http://www.theresistanceplus.com/ or we could try something on the Discord with a voice-chat (or we could do text only if people would prefer that). Lemme know here/on Discord if you're interested, I don't have a time or anything as this is mainly just to see if the interest is there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)