The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was deliberating whether to start Ben or Mahomes in League B this week, but they ended up finishing 0.18 points within each other heh

Well.. at least AJ Green wasn't the reason I lost vs SKL AKA Paul.

His studs just REALLY popped off.. and my kicker apparently died.

GG my dude.

/// oh Mixson is out for two weeks also? k.

Was deliberating whether to start Ben or Mahomes in League B this week, but they ended up finishing 0.18 points within each other heh
Yes I'm aware of this because you're facing me. I picked the wrong Wrs apparently. Maybe fitz is now too old to overcome the atrocious qb play in AZ

Yes I'm aware of this because you're facing me. I picked the wrong Wrs apparently. Maybe fitz is now too old to overcome the atrocious qb play in AZ
yeah i grabbed fitz in my other league since he was just so clutch last year for me.. but just dont think he's going to get the quality again this time around.. cant drop him, but cant be an auto pick now.

man the players to choose are really strange at the moment.. still a big clusterfuck of players popping off, rosters figuring out which players work for their system, etc. (irl).. which of course messes with the fantasy side of things.

some big plays going on.. and some underperforming pieces of DOODOO also.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For the second week in a row I'm going 3-0 in my leagues due to a few key players blowing up while the rest of the team underwhelms. I'll take the Ws, but this is starting to look very similar to last year when i spent all season in first place only to one-and-done in every playoff matchup. I'd rather not have that happen again :x

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah i grabbed fitz in my other league since he was just so clutch last year for me.. but just dont think he's going to get the quality again this time around.. cant drop him, but cant be an auto pick now.

man the players to choose are really strange at the moment.. still a big clusterfuck of players popping off, rosters figuring out which players work for their system, etc. (irl).. which of course messes with the fantasy side of things.

some big plays going on.. and some underperforming pieces of DOODOO also.
That's the funny thing, this is actually the same kind of thing that happens every year with players under and over performing seemingly at random. It's the biggest thing I think I've improved at, is being able to identify the metrics and situations that predict the variance.

After tonight. League B will have only 1 team 2-0. And that’s just because his shitty team got out shat by someone who dropped a 44pointer lol.

This is going to be fun.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After tonight. League B will have only 1 team 2-0. And that’s just because his shitty team got out shat by someone who dropped a 44pointer lol.

This is going to be fun.
i still have a running back to play, unfortunate the cardinals had a week where they were more effective from the locker room. also ill have the most points scored after this week, not really sure how my team is shitty rofl

Last edited:
i still have a running back to play, unfortunate the cardinals had a week where they were more effective from the locker room. also ill have the most points scored after this week, not really sure how my team is shitty rofl
Yeah Johnson isn't getting any real looks.

1. you wont have the most points scored after this week.
2. you're going to win your week without breaking 100. thats a shitty team for the week.

its not a big deal, chill. my team that kicked ass week 1 took a dump also.

I mean I live in Cleveland, and I have heard everything from Josh Gordon was late to practice, that he was in practice on Saturday running routes and hurt himself racing a drone, to him filming some kind of promotional video. No one with any credentials has said anything about Josh Gordon relapsing on the substance abuse policy.

Lets just face it. The Browns are too dysfunctional of an organization to control and harness someone who thinks he is bigger than the team. He didn't fit in and instead of handling it in a way that maximizes his value, decided enough is enough and sold him for nothing.

The hamstring is fine. The weed is in the shoebox. And the Pats acquired a potential Randy Moss Jr. for nothing more than a decent special teams player in next years draft.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hard to get excited about a player who probably wont play much yeah and i think the pats need more help than a wide out

So why aren't there discord servers for the regular leagues like in our dynasty? Commish too lazy? Makes trading a lot easier. Who's team is Need an RB1 in league B?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So why aren't there discord servers for the regular leagues like in our dynasty? Commish too lazy? Makes trading a lot easier. Who's team is Need an RB1 in league B?
That would be my friend who isn't on smogon, you'll have to just either message him through the yahoo app or propose him a deal.

man.. ive never been part of a 12 man league... but holy shit.. once your team is set.. there isn't much else out there for fixing holes.

you just gotta suck it up and deal or find someone to trade.

roughhhh out here

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
My [League A] roster is so stacked with extremely startable second-tier players that aren't quite good enough to package together to trade for someone's elite player and potential waiver wire breakouts are so scarce at the moment that I'm kinda bored cuz there's not much for me to actually manage right now.

:blobshrug:

if i knew it was going to be this bare bones after the draft.. i would have maybe tried harder to make the draft.. rip auto.

still gonna be a good time tho. we're all in it hah.

I've lost two FAAB bids because of lower waiver priority in League A for two straight weeks... Team looks very middling right now and is especially bad at RB, so I could be in for a rough season barring any waiver wire surprises. Also Robby Anderson is playing sooooo bad right now that I wanna rage drop him, but not much on waivers right now for that to happen at the moment.

At least my other teams are on massive scoring binges and looking very strong early on, so that's something worth looking forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)