The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'd be more worried the wheels are gonna fall off Shady's old ass tbh.

I'll do a smol review of the League A draft I guess. Four of us missed the draft, I don't remember who though you could probably guesstimate based on roster and who drafted K/DEF early. (Those four would be theamericandreamthirtyeight, Aerodactyl Legend, zerowing, and Fink.)

Funky Butt Lovin' ( WaterBomb )
[QB] D.Watson, C.Wentz [RB] A.Kamara, D.Cook, J.White, J.Connor
[WR] D.Thomas, A.Jeffery, W.Fuller, J.Nelson, J.Washington [TE] J.Graham, V.Davis [DST] W.Lutz, PHI
High risk drafting here. Watson in the 3rd as first QB off the board might be fun, but it's a mistake by any reasonable analysis. Wentz should still anchor the spot anyway if Watson doesn't hit it big, really strong starting RBs. WR corps is the real risky biz. Both DT and Jeffery have potential to be top WRs, Thomas with an improved QB situation and Jeffery if he gets healthy, but the most likely case is they're both mediocre at best. None of the depth is reliable either but have potential to be starting material. Could easily be either dead last or run away with the chip.

The American Dreams* (tad38 does not have an account anymore or what?)
[QB] T.Brady, P.Mahomes [RB] L.Bell, R.Freeman, M.Mack
[WR] M.Evans, S.Diggs, J.Crowder, C.Godwin [TE] D.Walker, D.Njoku, J.Cook [DST] S.Gostkowski, LAC, ATL
I don't care how good he's alleged to be, the fact is that R.Freeman is starting on the wrong side of a timeshare to start the season and is by no means guaranteed to be a Top 20 guy. Mack also has upside, he might be an everydown back and if Luck is good to go the Colts might not be hot garbage, but he isn't likely to impress. Good third WR but the depth here is extremely worrying, good job autodraft with one okay and two waiver trash TEs. Also, like, the top K and a good starter DEF big whoop. Of course, the computer loves tad's lazy autodraft.

Like a Kevin Boss* ( makiri change your outdated team name already noob)
[QB] A.Rodgers, J.Garoppolo [RB] R.Burkhead, T.Coleman, B.Powell
[WR] O.Beckham, D.Adams, D.Baldwin, T.Williams [TE] E.Engram, O.Howard, C.Brate [DST] J.Tucker, MIN, NO
Top QB, nutty WR starters. Again, lacks depth having autodrafted three TEs and multiple defenses. I don't think he fared as well as tad, unfortunately, as R.Freeman's upside is better than this entire RB corps let alone Bell anchoring RB1 for tad.

Punts With A C ( biggie )
[QB] K.Cousins, D.Prescott [RB] S.Barkley, C.McCaffrey, Du.Johnson, R.Jones
[WR] A.Cooper, M.Jones, C.Hogan, D.Funchess, R.Matthews [TE] T.Burton, E.Ebron [DST] M.Prater, DEN
Overall good team I think due to a lack of serious weaknesses. There's no standout WR1, but a solid batch of likely WR2s. TEs aren't great but have better upside than most waiver trash. RB depth is fine, but he'll be dependent on Barkley performing to expectations to be a contender. Biggie was willing to take him over Kamara and the non-Brown WRs at #6 overall.

Spider 2 Y Bananas (me)
[QB] R.Wilson, J.Goff [RB] Da.Johnson, K.Drake, C.Hyde, C.Thompson
[WR] T.Hill, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Kupp, N.Agholor, R.Cobb [TE] J.Reed, T.Eifert [DST] H.Butker, BAL
I was high on both Hill and JUJU, so of course I ended up with both of them as my 2nd and 3rd rounders (#3 first pick). Round 4 my RB prospects were dwindling fast and I flexed to pick up Drake despite having Wilson ranked slightly higher overall; I still got Wilson anyway. I'm not one to take QB early, and QB depth this year is as good as it's ever been, but I think Rodgers and Wilson are 1-2 by a very significant margin. Part of taking Drake first was wanting to take Ingram as my RB3, but he got sniped and I had to settle for Hyde in the 6th. Walker went in R7 which is the last TE on my board I considered better than replacement level, so that's how I ended up with Reed in the 10th (!). I took Agholor with that pick despite having Lockett ranked ahead of him, not expecting Texas to sneak up and scoop Lockett up that early, bleh.

So, I'm mostly happy with my team. Obviously TE is a punt if the Injury Boys don't pay off, but considering Reed is a Top 5 guy if healthy (and possibly Eifert too) there's no risk at the point I took him. I don't think more than the top 5-7 TEs are any better than streaming off waivers. I've got the #2 QB, four reliable starters, and good FLEXing with upside. If one of my TEs stick, I'm a championship contender. If all my depth flops and Hill/Juju don't perform up to my lofty expectations, I'm struggling.

Joe Vincent Flacco ( Stallion )
[QB] M.Stafford [RB] K.Hunt, A.Collins, P.Barber, A.Peterson, M.Breida, J.Wilkins
[WR] Ju.Jones, G.Tate, B.Cooks, K.Cole, D.Moore [TE] G.Olsen [DST] D.Carlson, CAR
Eschewed single-starter positional backups for early season depth in the RB/WR corps. Despite loading up most heavily on RB, I actually like this WR corps more. Hunt is a reliable RB1 but Collins as RB2 is looking over his shoulder hoping not to get too much of his scoring poached by Dixon/Allen. Barber is kinda there, but can't be relied upon to hold the TB starting spot either. Peterson's very limited at this point even if he is technically the starter, Breida is on the wrong side of a timeshare with AlfMo even after the 49ers lost McKinnon, and Wilkins is probably irrelevant. In contrast, the WR corps has three safe starters and Cole with great upside. Good TE. Reasonable contender.

Lockett Down ( Texas Cloverleaf )
[QB] A.Luck [RB] L.Fournette, J.Mixon, L.McCoy, M.Lynch
[WR] M.Thomas, M.Goodwin, S.Shepard, T.Lockett, M.Williams, A.Miller, R.Grant [TE] V.McDonald [DST] C.Boswell, CHI
Reminds me of WB's team, very high risk/reward here. Main differences are that Texas punted TE and he doesn't have as good a backup plan if Luck sucks (though the depth still on waivers is surprisingly good, so nobody's totally screwed at QB honestly), but he has a better WR1 and literally four startable RBs, though both Mixon and McCoy are risky at RB2 (Mixon has to step up, or McCoy needs to not drop off and he's pretty old) while Lynch is more of a high RB3/FLEX. If Texas can flip one of those RBs for a more reliable WR2 rather than half a dozen low-end WR3s, he might be the man to beat. As-is, he's a volatile maybe-contender.

Kareem of the Crop ( shadowpandax )
[QB] M.Ryan [RB] D.Freeman, L.Miller, J.Williams, A.Morris
[WR] A.Brown, J.Landry, M.Crabtree, R.Anderson, J.Edelman, K.Stills, A.Hurns [TE] T.Kelce [DST] M.Crosby, PIT
RB corps are a smidge below average but entirely passable, Brown anchors a really strong WR corps sort of like the reverse of biggie's strong RBs and okay WRs. However, this team improves on biggie's balanced formula by having the #2 TE and Brown being more of a sure thing than Barkley. Ryan's not a great starting QB, but it's hard to argue the strategy given the depth of the position this year.

Whiteskins ( ck49 )
[QB] A.Smith [RB] T.Gurley, J.Howard, J.Ajayi, K.Johnson, I.Crowell, N.Chubb
[WR] T.Hilton, JOSH GORDON!!!, S.Watkins, P.Garcon, D.Bryant [TE] J.Doyle [DST] J.Elliott, TEN
Nice Dez meme pick. Best starting RBs in da lee, including a reliable #3, and I think Alex Smith is being criminally underrated as a QB starter. (I have him in the company of Brees and friends, not waiver trash like the expert consensus.) But boy is that WR corps risky as all hell. If they live up to expectations, or the RB corps anchors the team well enough that it doesn't matter if they do, this team will see success... but I'm glad it's not my team.

PatriotsAreCheaters* ( Aerodactyl Legend )
[QB] C.Newton, B.Roflsburger [RB] D.Lewis, M.Ingram, G.Bernard
[WR] D.Hopkins, A.Green, L.Fitzgerald, J.Doctson [TE] K.Rudolph, G.Kittle, C.Clay [DST] G.Zuerlein, LAR, HOU
The autodraft curse strikes again, three more trash TEs taking up space for what should've been good RB/WR depth. (Although Rudolph is arguably the last better-than-waiver TE.) Excellent starting WRs and one of the better starting QBs may anchor this team, but there's nobody behind Fitz at WR4 and boy that RB corps... Lewis is really risky and Ingram is missing the first four games, good as he may be the remaining 12, and again there's no depth.

Joshua's Unreal Team* ( Finchinator )
[QB] D.Brees, P.Rivers [RB] J.McKinnon, M.Gordon, S.Michel, A.Jones, C.Anderson
[WR] K.Allen, C.Davis, K.Benjamin [TE] Z.Ertz, R.Seals-Jones [DST] M.Bryant, JAX, GB
Sadly, autodrafter #4 the Fink was handed McKinnon. No sympathy, that's karma for not showing up and/or properly setting your autodraft order. Otherwise, this probably would've been a really good team because he ended up with the third best TE (and only one worthless backup), a solid QB, and both a strong RB1 (Gordon's really good despite the McKinnon mishap) and WR1. As-is, this team is a dumpster fire because his WR3 is pukeworthy and Michel's not suited to be an immediate starter.

Mixon Match ( fatty )
[QB] M.Mariota, D.Carr [RB] E.Elliot, D.Henry, C.Carson, T.Cohen, R.Penny
[WR] A.Thielen, A.Robinson, E.Sanders, R.Woods, K.Golladay [TE] R.Gronkowski [DST] G.Gano, NE
Sort of a mix between biggie and shadowpandax's team, being slightly RB-leaning but with a better WR1 and the league's premier TE. Zeke is a more reliable pick than Barkley, but Henry is a pretty weak RB2 and who knows if any of the WRs behind Thielen will actually live up to their draft positions.

My "Gunning for the Bye" Favorites: Kareem of the Crop, Spider 2 Y Bananas

Contenders: Joe Vincent Flacco, Mixon Match, Punts With A C, Whiteskins, The American Dreams

:smogthink:: Lockett Down, Funky Butt Lovin'

Autodrafters Who Are Less Lucky Than tad: PatriotsAreCheaters, Like a Kevin Boss

Literally Jerick McKinnon: Joshua's Unreal Team

T1) The American Dreams, Whiteskins (100%)
3) Kareem of the Crop (99.9%)
4) Spider 2 Y Bananas (99.7%)
5) Mixon Match (99.5%)
---
6) Like a Kevin Boss (94.3%)
7) PatriotsAreCheaters (91.8%)
8) Punts With A C (91.2%)
9) Joe Vincent Flacco (89.7%)
10) Lockett Down (86.9%)
11) Funky Butt Lovin' (84.6%)
12) Joshua's Unreal Team (80.2%)

Feel free to.
Fine, I'll do one for C since it's fresh on my mind. (btw check your trade offer)

Ten Seconds Flat (Killah)
[QB] P. Mahomes, M. Ryan [RB] T. Gurley, D. Henry, J. Ajayi, C. Thompson, L. Murray, T. Montgomery
[WR] T. Hill, A. Jeffery, J. Edelman, M. Crabtree, [TE] Gronk
[K] R. Gould [DEF] Cardinals
Probably one of the most volatile teams in the league this year. So many questions: Will Gronk stay healthy? How much time will Alshon miss? Can Edelman shake off the rust and not play like a 32-year old upon his return? While I'm personally not a fan of his RBs outside of Gurley, I do like the depth he amassed there. Can see this team making the playoffs as a top seed or missing the playoffs entirely, but more than likely settles in as a middle-of-the-pack squad as ultimately some of his risks will hit, while others will miss.

Marshall Law (smashlloyd20)
[QB] C. Newton, A. Luck [RB] L. Bell, C. Hyde, I. Crowell
[WR] S. Diggs, M. Goodwin, S. Watkins, J. Doctson [TE] T. Kelce, J. Reed, AS-J
[K] J. Tucker [DEF] Patriots, Ravens
First thing that jumped out to me was the lack of RB depth here - especially with LeVeon holding out and Hyde being oft-injured, I'd be real nervous. Then I saw the 3 TEs and it's clear this guy was an autodraft victim. Despite that, it's actually a pretty balanced team as far as skill position players goes, and as long as top-end guys like Bell and Diggs stay healthy, and assuming the depth issue at the correct positions gets settled, this is possibly a playoff squad.

Infinite Dreams (Texas Cloverleaf)
[QB] D. Carr [RB] D. Johnson, J. Howard, J. Mixon, P. Barber
[WR] C. Hogan, M. Jones Jr., E. Sanders, T. Lockett, A. Miller, C. Godwin, R. Grant [TE] J. Doyle
[K] J. Elliott [DEF] Lolions
I love the trio of RBs here, but that's about all that I like about this team. I like Carr to rebound, but starting him is scary for me. Despite the insane depth at WR here, I don't think it'll amass to much more than a league-average unit, unless dudes like Miller and Godwin break out. Yahoo projections shat all over this team, and while I don't think it'll be last place, it will take some good in-season management to make this a playoff squad.

In Bill We Trust (no clue who this is lolz)
[QB] A. Rodgers [RB] E. Elliott, R. Freeman, R. Penny, M. Mack, F. Gore
[WR] M. Evans, C. Davis, J. Crowder, R. Anderson, W. Fuller [TE] G. Kittle, T. Eifert
[K] W. Lutz [DEF] Rams
I don't know what adjective to use to describe a RB unit of Zeke plus rookies who don't have starting roles, so I'll just use "bad." It's tough to get excited about the WR corp here, and even if Davis breaks out, the margin of ROI here is slim because he's being generally overdrafted in redraft leagues. This manager does have the best fantasy QB in the game, but there's not much else redeeming about this squad, unless Eifert stays healthy and posts like 15 TDs.

Will's Team (cb aaron judge)
[QB] P. Rivers, J. Garoppolo [RB] D. Freeman, J. McKinnon*, K. Johnson, N. Chubb
[WR] A. Brown, A. Robinson, D. Thomas, M. Williams, D. Westbrook [TE] K. Rudolph, C. Clay
[K] M. Prater [DEF] Broncos
My man got unlucky here with the McKinnon pick right before the unfortunate news broke yesterday, but I was off McKinnon in redrafts with his calf injury already. You better be hoping for a Kerryon breakout here, or Hyde injury, or something. Stable top trio of WRs though, with some upside with his later picks. This is probably a playoff team when entirely healthy, but down a top pick already, your management skills will be tested this year.

Show Me Your TDs (Dubby)
[QB] M. Stafford [RB] A. Kamara, L. McCoy, T. Cohen, R. Jones, C. Anderson, G. Bernard
[WR] D. Adams, A. Thielen, B. Cooks, J. Nelson [TE] D. Walker, E. Ebron
[K] C. Boswell [DEF] Texans
Pretty solid team overall here. I like your top 3 WRs. Cooks is almost a lock to rebound this year with the Rams investing in him this offseason, and hopefully they'll incorporate him well into their offense. Jordy may be finished, but it's worth a shot taking a chance on him where he's going. While I'm not a fan of Shady this year and some of your other bench RBs like RoJo and Anderson, you have adequate depth, which is always smart. Stafford and Walker are unspectacular, but get the job done each year.

Top Flight Security (Bhris Brown ?)
[QB] T. Brady, M. Mariota [RB] S. Barkley, C. Carson, B. Powell
[WR] K. Allen, L. Fitzgerald, G. Tate, P. Garcon, R. Cobb, D. Amendola [TE] E. Engram, J. Cook
[K] S. Gostkowski [DEF] Minnesota
IIRC you were autodrafting for a while, so I'll take it easy on you. But your RBs are not competitive in even a 16 team league. SaQuad is probably healthy, but I'd be worried if hammy starts flaring up again and you have to rely on a RB in Carroll's carousel as your RB1. Anyway, your strength is at WR, and having a few target hogs in a PPR league is always great. How will Brady do with his patchwork WR corps? Fine, probably. Will there be enough targets for Engram this year to justify his ADP? There are lots of question marks on this team, but equally as many high floor players. Get the RB situation sorted out and this might be a playoff team.

Snowflakes (Snowflakes)
[QB] D. Watson, B. Roethlisberger [RB] D. Cook, R. Burkhead, J. Wilkins
[WR] D. Hopkins, D. Baldwin, R. Woods [TE] Z. Ertz, O. Howard, C. Brate
[K] G. Zuerlein, M. Bryant [DEF] Jaguars, Chargers
Autodraft was not kind to you, giving you multiples at TE, K, and DEF despite having top players at those positions already. Naturally, this left you paper-thin at WR and RB depth. Burkhead is your RB now but may be hitting waivers by Week 3. You just never know in NE. Baldwin has already admitted that he probably won't be 100% all year due to his injury, but he's gutty and your WR2, which is fine. I feel like Watson will have to accumulate the rushing yards to justify his ADP this year, due to his sky-high TD rate in that small sample size last year being unsustainable. Ben gives you a solid backup if Watson flops in any case. If Burkhead can retain season-long value and you can work the wire to accumulate the needed depth, this should be a playoff team.

Seek and Destroy (yours truly)
[QB] C. Wentz, A. Smith [RB] M. Gordon, A. Collins, D. Lewis, J. Williams, J. Conner
[WR] A. Green, J. Landry, K. Stills, K. Golladay, R. Matthews [TE] J. Graham
[K] H. Butker [DEF] Saints
This ended up being one of my tougher drafts, and one where I got sniped a few times. I like the balance I ended up with, though. I've been saying Gordon is in his best situation yet, especially as far his o-line goes, yet is going as low as he has probably since his sophomore season. Collins is the definition of unsexy RB2, but he gets the job done. I like the RB upside I have later; hopefully Williams shows the Packers enough in his first two games that he can run away with the job. At WR, Green and Landry make for a solid 1-2 PPR punch. Stills is being overlooked despite finishing WR3 his last two years, and now he's arguably the #1 in a team that's going to have lots of garbage time. And Golladay is probably my favorite late-round WR sleeper this year, and a player I like more at his ADP more than Tate and Jones. I didn't want to take Wentz, but it's fine, I'm okay with the underrated Alex Smith as my starter however long Wentz is out. I think I'm set to make the playoffs with a shot at the 'ship if everything breaks.

Phenomenal Souls (Umbra Soul)
[QB] K. Cousins [RB] K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, M. Ingram, A. Jones, A. Peterson
[WR] J. Smith-Schuster, T. Hilton, S. Shepard, J. Ross, K. Benjamin, C. Kirk [TE] T. Burton
[K] D. Bailey [DEF] Da Bears
Strong team here, from top to bottom. Good mix of stability with upside later. This team is very similar to a team I would draft, and the kind of team you would look for if you're going late round QB. It's really hard for me to criticize anything here, except maybe having both Ingram and Jones serving suspensions and AP with a Bye Week 4 without having a little more RB depth. But very solid throughout. A contender if injuries don't hit and you stay active all year.

The Step Dads (biggie)
[QB] R. Wilson, D. Prescott [RB] L. Fournette, L. Miller, T. Coleman, D. Johnson Jr.
[WR] O. Beckham, A. Cooper, D. Funchess, N. Agholar, K. Cole [TE] G. Olsen, R. Seals-Jones
[K] M. Crosby [DEF] Eagles
This should be another solid team, as biggie ate up most of the guys that fell his way near the turn of the rounds. If Cooper rebounds, this is a solid group of WRs to complement a solid group of RBs. Russell Wilson should be passing more than ever this year, which offsets the general lack of talent around him. Not really a fan of Olsen though: He has one score in his past 15 games, which is Julio-esque, and not what you want from a TE ranked near the top 5. A playoff team and likely more if Odell and LF stay healthy.

ItsBaseballSzn (ButteredToast)
[QB] D. Brees, J. Goff [RB] K. Drake, M. Lynch, S. Michel, S. Ware
[WR] J. Jones, M. Thomas, J. Gordon, C. Kupp, C. Sutton, T. Gabriel [TE] D. Njoku
[K] J. Lambo [DEF] Shittsburgh
Strong start for your WRs by drafting Julio and Michael Thomas, but I think going WR-WR to start is a mistake this year - if you miss out on a RB early, it's tough to rebound. Ended up with Kenyan Drake, who I'm not as down on as most (seriously? 100-year old Gore is not going to take impactful carries from anyone) and Lynch, which is manageable. Could use more depth at the position regardless. Njoku is my ideal target if you're waiting for a TE late, so good pick there. Staying active may grant you a playoff spot.

tl;dr

Upper Tier, Probably:
Seek and Destroy, Phenomenal Souls, The Step Dads

Vying for a Playoff Spot Tier:
Ten Seconds Flat, Marshall Law, Show Me Your TDs, Top Flight Security, Snowflakes, ItsBaseballSzn

Better Stay Active Or You'll Be Wearing An "I Suck at Fantasy Football" Shirt Tier:
Infinite Dreams, In Bill We Trust, Will's Team

Last edited:

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like Texas and I should be swapped lol, I like their team a ton more than mine.

I didn't want half my team lol and Burkhead in the 6th with a partially torn knee is like GG. Highlights are Cook, Hopkins. Ertz is okay, though I would have just waited preferably on TE and would have been fine with like Cooper or T.Y. I'd have waited on QB as well(also it took Watson over fucking Wilson/Brees). Baldwin in the 4th round is okay, was gunna avoid him cause of his injury but that's whatever. drafting D and K before the last round. woo.

Well, time to do what I do best and abuse waiver pickups.

Good luck to all. :)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've figured out that yahoo projections just hate rb-rb-rb strategies, they consistently shit on you for "filling your flex with openings still at qb, wr, and te"

pretty sure their season long projections dont accurately value the flex position

F u I was not autodrafted

I'm just basically counting on Leveon staying healthy and having a monster season (maybe not the best idea in hindsight) and getting a ton of value from the flex position with my spare WRs and TEs

ASJ was a meme pick that probably should have been another bad RB

Edit: Also Jets homerism probably played a large role in me thinking Crowell might actually be good this season

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I've figured out that yahoo projections just hate rb-rb-rb strategies, they consistently shit on you for "filling your flex with openings still at qb, wr, and te"

pretty sure their season long projections dont accurately value the flex position
They don't like you filling bench before starters either, so you get dumped on for late QB draft strategy too even though it's more viable than ever this year especially. AUTOMATED INSIGHTS is some funny shit.

I like Dubby's team there. Cohen's a good RB3 and he basically has a WR2 as his third best WR, while still managing to snag an above average TE to boot.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fine, I'll do one for C since it's fresh on my mind. (btw check your trade offer)

[QB] P. Mahomes, M. Ryan [RB] T. Gurley, D. Henry, J. Ajayi, C. Thompson, L. Murray, T. Montgomery
Probably one of the most volatile teams in the league this year. So many questions: Will Gronk stay healthy? How much time will Alshon miss? Can Edelman shake off the rust and not play like a 32-year old upon his return? While I'm personally not a fan of his RBs outside of Gurley, I do like the depth he amassed there. Can see this team making the playoffs as a top seed or missing the playoffs entirely, but more than likely settles in as a middle-of-the-pack squad as ultimately some of his risks will hit, while others will miss.

First thing that jumped out to me was the lack of RB depth here - especially with LeVeon holding out and Hyde being oft-injured, I'd be real nervous. Then I saw the 3 TEs and it's clear this guy was an autodraft victim. Despite that, it's actually a pretty balanced team as far as skill position players goes, and as long as top-end guys like Bell and Diggs stay healthy, and assuming the depth issue at the correct positions gets settled, this is possibly a playoff squad.

[WR] C. Hogan, M. Jones Jr., E. Sanders, T. Lockett, A. Miller, C. Godwin, R. Grant [TE] J. Doyle
I love the trio of RBs here, but that's about all that I like about this team. I like Carr to rebound, but starting him is scary for me. Despite the insane depth at WR here, I don't think it'll amass to much more than a league-average unit, unless dudes like Miller and Godwin break out. Yahoo projections shat all over this team, and while I don't think it'll be last place, it will take some good in-season management to make this a playoff squad.

[WR] M. Evans, C. Davis, J. Crowder, R. Anderson, W. Fuller [TE] G. Kittle, T. Eifert
[K] W. Lutz [DEF] Rams
I don't know what adjective to use to describe a RB unit of Zeke plus rookies who don't have starting roles, so I'll just use "bad." It's tough to get excited about the WR corp here, and even if Davis breaks out, the margin of ROI here is slim because he's being generally overdrafted in redraft leagues. This manager does have the best fantasy QB in the game, but there's not much else redeeming about this squad, unless Eifert stays healthy and posts like 15 TDs.

[QB] P. Rivers, J. Garoppolo [RB] D. Freeman, J. McKinnon*, K. Johnson, N. Chubb
[WR] A. Brown, A. Robinson, D. Thomas, M. Williams, D. Westbrook [TE] K. Rudolph, C. Clay
My man got unlucky here with the McKinnon pick right before the unfortunate news broke yesterday, but I was off McKinnon in redrafts with his calf injury already. You better be hoping for a Kerryon breakout here, or Hyde injury, or something. Stable top trio of WRs though, with some upside with his later picks. This is probably a playoff team when entirely healthy, but down a top pick already, your management skills will be tested this year.

Show Me Your TDs (Dubby)
[QB] M. Stafford [RB] A. Kamara, L. McCoy, T. Cohen, R. Jones, C. Anderson, G. Bernard
Pretty solid team overall here. I like your top 3 WRs. Cooks is almost a lock to rebound this year with the Rams investing in him this offseason, and hopefully they'll incorporate him well into their offense. Jordy may be finished, but it's worth a shot taking a chance on him where he's going. While I'm not a fan of Shady this year and some of your other bench RBs like RoJo and Anderson, you have adequate depth, which is always smart. Stafford and Walker are unspectacular, but get the job done each year.

[WR] K. Allen, L. Fitzgerald, G. Tate, P. Garcon, R. Cobb, D. Amendola [TE] E. Engram, J. Cook
IIRC you were autodrafting for a while, so I'll take it easy on you. But your RBs are not competitive in even a 16 team league. SaQuad is probably healthy, but I'd be worried if hammy starts flaring up again and you have to rely on a RB in Carroll's carousel as your RB1. Anyway, your strength is at WR, and having a few target hogs in a PPR league is always great. How will Brady do with his patchwork WR corps? Fine, probably. Will there be enough targets for Engram this year to justify his ADP? There are lots of question marks on this team, but equally as many high floor players. Get the RB situation sorted out and this might be a playoff team.

Snowflakes (Snowflakes)
Autodraft was not kind to you, giving you multiples at TE, K, and DEF despite having top players at those positions already. Naturally, this left you paper-thin at WR and RB depth. Burkhead is your RB now but may be hitting waivers by Week 3. You just never know in NE. Baldwin has already admitted that he probably won't be 100% all year due to his injury, but he's gutty and your WR2, which is fine. I feel like Watson will have to accumulate the rushing yards to justify his ADP this year, due to his sky-high TD rate in that small sample size last year being unsustainable. Ben gives you a solid backup if Watson flops in any case. If Burkhead can retain season-long value and you can work the wire to accumulate the needed depth, this should be a playoff team.

[QB] C. Wentz, A. Smith [RB] M. Gordon, A. Collins, D. Lewis, J. Williams, J. Conner
This ended up being one of my tougher drafts, and one where I got sniped a few times. I like the balance I ended up with, though. I've been saying Gordon is in his best situation yet, especially as far his o-line goes, yet is going as low as he has probably since his sophomore season. Collins is the definition of unsexy RB2, but he gets the job done. I like the RB upside I have later; hopefully Williams shows the Packers enough in his first two games that he can run away with the job. At WR, Green and Landry make for a solid 1-2 PPR punch. Stills is being overlooked despite finishing WR3 his last two years, and now he's arguably the #1 in a team that's going to have lots of garbage time. And Golladay is probably my favorite late-round WR sleeper this year, and a player I like more at his ADP more than Tate and Jones. I didn't want to take Wentz, but it's fine, I'm okay with the underrated Alex Smith as my starter however long Wentz is out. I think I'm set to make the playoffs with a shot at the 'ship if everything breaks.

[WR] J. Smith-Schuster, T. Hilton, S. Shepard, J. Ross, K. Benjamin, C. Kirk [TE] T. Burton
Strong team here, from top to bottom. Good mix of stability with upside later. This team is very similar to a team I would draft, and the kind of team you would look for if you're going late round QB. It's really hard for me to criticize anything here, except maybe having both Ingram and Jones serving suspensions and AP with a Bye Week 4 without having a little more RB depth. But very solid throughout. A contender if injuries don't hit and you stay active all year.

The Step Dads (biggie)
[QB] R. Wilson, D. Prescott [RB] L. Fournette, L. Miller, T. Coleman, D. Johnson Jr.
[WR] O. Beckham, A. Cooper, D. Funchess, N. Agholar, K. Cole [TE] G. Olsen, R. Seals-Jones
This should be another solid team, as biggie ate up most of the guys that fell his way near the turn of the rounds. If Cooper rebounds, this is a solid group of WRs to complement a solid group of RBs. Russell Wilson should be passing more than ever this year, which offsets the general lack of talent around him. Not really a fan of Olsen though: He has one score in his past 15 games, which is Julio-esque, and not what you want from a TE ranked near the top 5. A playoff team and likely more if Odell and LF stay healthy.

[WR] J. Jones, M. Thomas, J. Gordon, C. Kupp, C. Sutton, T. Gabriel [TE] D. Njoku
Strong start for your WRs by drafting Julio and Michael Thomas, but I think going WR-WR to start is a mistake this year - if you miss out on a RB early, it's tough to rebound. Ended up with Kenyan Drake, who I'm not as down on as most (seriously? 100-year old Gore is not going to take impactful carries from anyone) and Lynch, which is manageable. Could use more depth at the position regardless. Njoku is my ideal target if you're waiting for a TE late, so good pick there. Staying active may grant you a playoff spot.

tl;dr

Upper Tier, Probably:

Ten Seconds Flat, Marshall Law, Show Me Your TDs, Top Flight Security, Snowflakes, ItsBaseballSzn

Better Stay Active Or You'll Be Wearing An "I Suck at Fantasy Football" Shirt Tier:
Two things I'm curious about, when evaluating my WR core, did you consider Lockett's return yards (which by projections have him as WR15), and what's your revised predictions based on the Bell holdout affecting smash and the now pending trade between us?

Two things I'm curious about, when evaluating my WR core, did you consider Lockett's return yards (which by projections have him as WR15), and what's your revised predictions based on the Bell holdout affecting smash and the now pending trade between us?
I did consider that with Lockett. Fun fact though: I've drafted/rostered Lockett during my past two years in League C, and he's been oft-injured and unimpressive even when he was on the field. So I view him as little more than a WR3 when healthy, even in return yards leagues.

You definitely come out on top in that pending trade. At this point, assuming that Bell will miss significant time, I would flip your spot with Smash's in the tiers section of my predictions.

EDIT: can't forget how I think the Bell issue will affect me as the Conner owner. I'll take all the RB depth I can get, but I don't think it seriously impacts how I think my team will do overall.

Who the hell is getting Chris Hogan. The stud WR1 for D. Henry in League B.

What a steal. Makes no sense..but dang.

I'm desperate for RBs. I have Bell and Burkhead as the only ones on my roster and they're both posed for non-factor w1s. I don't know who else needed WRs so if somebody has a better offer for hogan or somebody else I'll definitely go for it. Can only do this for next hour since trade won't process in time.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm desperate for RBs. I have Bell and Burkhead as the only ones on my roster and they're both posed for non-factor w1s. I don't know who else needed WRs so if somebody has a better offer for hogan or somebody else I'll definitely go for it. Can only do this for next hour since trade won't process in time.
It makes complete sense from a roster composition perspective, even though I too am quite a bit higher on Hogan than Henry in a vacuum.

[K] W. Lutz [DEF] Rams

Show Me Your TDs (Dubby)

Snowflakes (Snowflakes)

The Step Dads (biggie)

tl;dr

Upper Tier, Probably:

Waiver wire is always my bff for running backs, lets just hope it pays off this year

Man first Freeman goes out on Thursday and now Goodwin is out with a leg injury as well. Good thing I left J. Connor on the bench last he score me points. Fuck fantasy football

Man. The first week of fantasy is always so fucking funny.

We all are miserable and then there’s 1 team per league that looks like a fucking all star squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)