Challenge The Orange League Final - Pokemon Snap (Deadline 4/26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Art by Kadew)
Welcome everyone to the final round of Season 1 of the Orange League! If you're new to the Orange League you can still enter, but check out this thread first. But without any further ado, let's get into the final challenge!

~*Challenge*~
For this round, we finally play a non-official Pokemon game, the Pokemon Google Maps Challenge!

...Just kidding. It's Pokemon Snap!

This challenge is simple: Get the highest course score you can get on the River course! Course scores are unlocked after you beat the main game case you didn't know. Don't worry, if you haven't beaten the game already it only takes a couple hours and is fun to do! After you've beaten the game, when you beat a course you get a score which is the score of each picture you take all added together, multiplied by the number of different Pokemon you photographed during each particular run. The person who gets the highest score from this on the River Course wins!

Rules and Guidelines:
1. You must be playing Pokemon Snap, however you are free to play it on any console it is available on, whether that is the Nintendo 64, Wii, or computer.
2. River Course only
3. New scores only; in the example submission picture below the number that counts is the one farthest down on the screen.
4. No glitch abuse, cheats, save state abuse, RNG manipulation, screenshot manipulation, submitting someone else's score as your own, etc. If we have solid reason to believe you have cheated you WILL be permanently disqualified from this round and all future rounds, as well as have your name stricken from the leader board. Also, Hulavuta will cry, which isn't so bad.
5. No sign-ups required, but posting on this topic if you're interested in competing would be appreciated.
6. All submissions must be in by 11:59PM EST on April 25th, 2014.
7. In the unlikely event of a tie, the person who submitted their score first will win.

Submitting:
Start a Conversation with TheOrangeLeague and send us photographic (screenshots or camera photos) proof of your score. What we are looking for is this:

(Picture taken from Jimera0's TV)

You can submit as many times as you'd like. Only scores submitted to TheOrangeLeague via private conversation will be counted.

This is the final round for this season of The Orange League. After this round, the user with the overall most points, will receive, in addition to the banner, a shiny Drilbur, provided by MikeAU!

Finally, season 2 will begin in August, so look forward to that!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only the final round of this SEASON of the Orange league cant say , it says so at the bottom of the post :P. Don't worry, we'll be back in August.

More on topic I think I'll actually participate in this one. I always like an excuse to pull out Pokemon Snap for a bit every now and then :P.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Man, this course looks like one of the hardest even hit the min score...

There is not "easy" banker Pokemon like on other courses which gives you loads of points (for example Beach has both Stump/Surfing Pikachu and Volcano has the huge scoring Charmander cluster). This is going to be more difficult than I expected :o

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Entered with a fairly decent score :o

Pretty happy in the end, ended up getting 400,000 more than my previous best so :O

Looks like Pokemon Snap isn't as popular as we had guessed, sadly only DHR-107 and Jimera0 entered.

So, with our only two scores, Jimera beat out DHR with 2,370,030 to 2,241,200!

Unfortunate that we had to have such an anticlimactic ending, but it is interesting that Jimera won the first and last challenges.

Watch out for the final scores and prize for the overall winner of the season, which will be coming soon. And stay on the lookout for our return, which is scheduled for this August!

And DHR was so sure he had beaten me XD he's going to be so flabbergasted when he sees this. Btw DHR, I know a score of at least 2.5 million is possible due to the fact I had a score of over 192000 before multipliers once (I only got a 11x multiplier on it though). So yeah, your estimates for max score were a bit off :P

Shame no one else submitted, I know a few people said they were going to enter but I guess they never did in the end :( oh well.

Anyway, I want to talk to Hulavuta about maybe revamping the OL for next season... but you'll have to wait and find out on exactly what I mean :P

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh I was meant to do this! I just ended up getting way too busy in the end with irl junk and getting stuff ready for the April friendly and forgot about this :( love a good snap challenge.

I'll try and get right around this next season!

ps congrats you guys

Ahh I forgot to submit my score after break ended and things got busy again :// hopefully I'll stick around for the next season!

congrats to you two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)