Challenge The Orange League - Round 1: Congratulations Team SteelSeed!

Alright, Round 1 of the Orange League has begun! The rules can be found in the sign-up thread. All scores should be PMed to TheOrangeLeague. Any questions should be PMed to Jellicent or Texas Cloverleaf, or simply asked in #OrangeIslands on SynIRC.

Now, for our contestants:

Team SteelSeed:
Garud, Dinosaurdan, Atsync, LockDown, and Espeon65

Mowdown Hoedown:
Birkal, Solace, WildEep, Nexus, and Charmander

Team euheuheuh:
Django, CrashinBoomBang, McMeghan, DTC, and Zebraiken

The Grammar Slammers:
SuperJOCKE, CherubAgent, Shnen, and DHR-107

Team Tumbleweed:
Zystral, jas61292, billymills, Princess of Johto, and Deinosaur

Team PSDuckie:
PSDuckie

The GastRODANs:
Rodan, Level 51, Showsni, TalkingLion, and Wobbanaut

And finally, what you've all been looking forward to, the challenges:

• Pokemon Snap (N64) - Highest score in the Volcano level
  • Pokemon Trading Card Game (GBC) - Fastest playthrough (shortest time after clearing the Grand Masters and Ronald)
  • Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (ADV) - Greatest number of combined double circles in a Pokeblock mix
  • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (DS) - Longest PokeRadar chain
  • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS) - Highest Bug Catching Contest score

Remember, all scores must be achieved within the next 10 days. No previous scores may be submitted. Trading Card Game is a speedrun, and will require a new file (please use your username, space permitting, for further evidence). Older files may be used for the other games. Anyone caught cheating (such as using hacks, submitting other peoples scores, using old scores, giving other people your scores to submit, etc.) will be kicked out of this competition and banned from joining all future Orange League rounds. Also, Birkal will leave you so many tl;dr ethical discourses on your profile that you'll weep every time you see "1 New Visitor Message", so don't do it!

Let's keep this fun and clean, people. Good luck, and may the best team win!

Longest Pokéradar chain? I'm there! Well, once I've bought several thousand repels...

And, Volcano level? Got to love those free shots at Charmander.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (ADV) - Greatest number of combined double circles in a Pokeblock mix
When you say combined double circles, what do you mean? Say I get 11 double circles and the people I'm blending with get 30 all together. Do I submit 11 or 41?

Thinking about it, going for a really long chain is going to be pretty heartbreaking, as you're going to have to ignore a whole bunch of shinies. :(

Thinking about it, going for a really long chain is going to be pretty heartbreaking, as you're going to have to ignore a whole bunch of shinies. :(
But it's not like those shiny Pokemon will have good IVs :p

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Eh, does catching them break your chain? o.o

Eh, does catching them break your chain? o.o
Not necessarily; but since they can easily appear in unsafe areas, you have to ignore those ones to continue the chain. Usually if you're chaining for shinies you'll get up to a chain of 40 and won't go any higher, since it doesn't improve your odds.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you post a score, and you improve on it before the time limit, can you submit a second, updated score?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Yes you can, I asked Jellicent. He says try not to though, it may lead to confusion.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When you say combined double circles, what do you mean? Say I get 11 double circles and the people I'm blending with get 30 all together. Do I submit 11 or 41?
Combined score, in the situation indicated you would submit 41.

If you post a score, and you improve on it before the time limit, can you submit a second, updated score?
Yes, as scores are sent through PM you can send updated scores. Please avoid sending in any score you register, however. It eases the paperwork if you simply send in a score near the end of a round.

That Arcanine, he keeps being Growlithes instead. Volcano's a fun course, though. Shame the difficult bit is right near the end!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
That Arcanine, he keeps being Growlithes instead. Volcano's a fun course, though. Shame the difficult bit is right near the end!
I need him to be both at the end really... 9 Species max isn't a lot to be honest.

EDIT: It's possible to get both.

I need him to be both at the end really... 9 Species max isn't a lot to be honest.

EDIT: It's possible to get both.
Oh yeah, that's the problem. It's fairly easy to get Growlithe, but you do need both. It's just the four slightly tricky Pokémon all come in that last segment!

I'm probably not going to be able to get scores for all five games, but since I was never a serious competitor anyway, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm just doing this to have a good time.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How do you expect us to send in photographic evidence of Pokemon Snap? There is no accumulated total score at the end; rather, it is the your entire score from the game (labeled Report Score). Would you like us to take pictures of Oak reviewing each individual picture? What is the process here?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
How do you expect us to send in photographic evidence of Pokemon Snap? There is no accumulated total score at the end; rather, it is the your entire score from the game (labeled Report Score). Would you like us to take pictures of Oak reviewing each individual picture? What is the process here?
I was just taking the pic at the end when it calculates the score... Like 9~10 species x the score amount. I guess that's the best time to get the score because you can see the challenge score, the current score and your previous best (if it is higher than the score you just made).

Yeah, that's the screen I was taking; it shows the course name, too.

Though, does this screen show up if you haven't unlocked the challenge scores yet?

I really don't want to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out of the contest. A few days after I entered, things at work started getting REALLY busy and I don't have time to play Pokemon at all, much less play for a contest. I deeply apologize for this and I wish you all good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)