Challenge The Orange League Round 2 (Deadline January 8th, 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job everyone. I was worried I was missing out because I currently don't have internet to upload pictures but I guess my 17 win streak wasn't going to make it anyway.

It took me 4 goes just to get to a streak of 7, and then I was never able to beat that. You guys are insane.

Oh well, I still have that 1 point from last round, so that's something, I guess.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Congratulations to Kadew and everyone else.

2nd place is pretty swaggy for a newcomer.

Swap Drop and Roll is my favorite thing to ever come from Smogon and I used the article religiously. As cliche as it sounds, knowledge is really the second most important factor in the Factory, behind luck of course.

I made many, many attempts. I'm going to say I lost at least 30 times, maybe more. I made it to the fourth wave (21 wins) less than 5 times.

It's crazy how important speed is. Carrying around a fast, glass [underwhelming] cannon type (Think Floatzal, Weavile, or Electrode) is much better in Doubles than it is in Singles. Using it to get a SE hit and knocking out a Pokemon right away for a quick 3-2 lead trivializes the battle. Also, random terrible Pokemon are capable of ruining your life. I carried Garchomp and Gengar as my leads through the first wave (EQ + Levitate + 2 very fast attacks) and lost midway through because I was overconfident.

I just love the factory I could seriously talk about it for hours but I'm going to stop here as to not bore people.

Congrats Kadew!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
This picture is essentially how it went down.

Bascially, I was hanging out in Jimera0's stream last friday, and other people were talking about or attempting the battle factory. If any of you know me, you know that I am in a deep, abusive, on-and-off relationship with the battle factory. I love it and will play it for days, or I hate it and wish it would stop grinding my soul to dust, or both at the same time. So, when all the rest were doing factory runs, I really had no choice but to join in.

The factory must have missed my absence and been happy for my return, because it was surprisingly merciful. No hax, no awfulness, it almost was fun. In the fifth set, I was even blessed with the set4 heatran in my opening options, and that and a salamence carried me through that entire round.

Of course, this is the factory we are talking about, so naturally in the set after that I had to say farewell to salamentran, and the next group of opening pokes was awful and my first opponent started with a latios. Swift and painful death followed.

Still, the fact that I got to 35 battles was incredible, far beyond any expectations I could have had.

I'd be interested to know roughly how many attempts people made at this challenge.
Yeah... I made one single attempt on this challenge. After getting to 35, I knew there was no way I could ever beat that fluke of luck.

This is the best thing. This changed my life forever when I first discovered it. It's less useful for doubles (and lvl 50 if you are feeling particularly insane) but still, so good. I've sunk so many hours into the factory. So many. 0_0

wow this is my favourite, can't believe I missed it while on holidays. Well gratz to all and hope you enjoyed, I really how they bring factory back in z/xy2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)