Challenge The Orange League - Round 3: Congratulations Grammar Slammers!

Alright, Round 3 of the Orange League has begun! The rules can be found here. All scores should be PMed to TheOrangeLeague. Any questions should be PMed to Jellicent or Texas Cloverleaf, or simply asked in #OrangeIslands on SynIRC.

Now, for our contestants:

Team SteelSeed:
Garud, Atsync, LockDown, Jimera0, and waffles101

Mowdown Hoedown:
Birkal, Solace, WildEep, Nexus, and Charmander

The Grammar Slammers:
SuperJOCKE, DHR-107, Its_A_Random, Diana, and Wobbanaut

Team Tumbleweed:
Zystral, jas61292, Princess of Johto, TheMagicalCake, Dark Arceus

Some #OI Guys:Mekkah, Level-51, Carl, Hobert

Rodan And Co:
Rodan, MikeDecIsHere, Layell, Executive Proton, FireMage

I rounded out Team Tumbleweed (hope you guys don't mind), then split up the remaining randoms into a reformed Some #OI Guys and Rodan And Co, so everyone that signed up has a team ^.^

And finally, what you've all been looking forward to, the challenges:

• Pokemon Snap (N64) - Highest Valley level score
  • Pokemon Emerald (GBA) - Longest Battle Pike streak
  • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN) - Most Battle Bingo cards obtained
  • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS) - Fastest speedrun (beating the Elite Four)
  • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS) - Highest Block Smash score (Pokeathlon)

Remember, all scores must be achieved within the next 10 days. No previous scores may be submitted. Diamond/Pearl is a speedrun and Pokemon XD is an odd case: both will require a new file (please use your username, space permitting, for further evidence; for XD, get photos after each card is obtained). Older files may be used for the other games. Anyone caught cheating (such as using hacks, submitting other peoples scores, using old scores, giving other people your scores to submit, etc.) will be kicked out of this competition and banned from joining all future Orange League rounds. Also, Birkal will leave you so many tl;dr ethical discourses on your profile that you'll weep every time you see "1 New Visitor Message", so don't do it!

Let's keep this fun and clean, people. Good luck, and may the best team win!

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Battle Pike. Sweet.
I am automatically discounted for the speedrun, however.

Thank god I clicked on the thread, I wouldn't have realized I was a part of Team Tumbleweed lol. Looks like I'm brick smashing in HG/SS or Battle Bingo'ing in XD. I have a mild change at emerald if I can get through my copy again fast enough.

Edit: What does it mean by most battle bingo cards obtained? Just after you complete one pic it and do that for the total of 10 and 1 bonus?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Edit: What does it mean by most battle bingo cards obtained? Just after you complete one pic it and do that for the total of 10 and 1 bonus?
Correct. You will be ranked on your final total number of Bingo cards completed, supported by picture evidence.

Are you allowing glitches in Diamond/Pearl? You should probably ban them, given that not everyone can do the glitches required to, say, skip from Jubilife to the Hall of Fame.

Hoping the rest of my team was able to get through the other games, because I was a bit busy and could only work on my blocksmash record. Go Team Tumbleweed

We only got 7 PMs v.v

I'm guessing everyone's playing BW2 (definitely understandable, lol). As such, we're giving this round a 1 week extension. See you folks in 7 days; LGI!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
We only got 7 PMs v.v

I'm guessing everyone's playing BW2 (definitely understandable, lol). As such, we're giving this round a 1 week extension. See you folks in 7 days; LGI!
Awwww :( I would of scored points! I guess this does give me more time to refine Snap a little more and attempt to get more points. Valley is such a busy level. So many things you can easily miss.

AFAIK, there are twelve species there? And is there anyway of always getting Starmie to appear?

We only got 7 PMs v.v

I wasn't aware that the round was posted at 1 AM 10 days ago, so I thought I had until tonight to submit my scores. Sorry! :p

We only got 7 PMs v.v

Gotta admit, I was guilty of this. Plus being sick today meant I couldn't even send in my blocksmash score until now at the earliest...Now I can earn all the battle bingo cards easily and still enjoy bw 2.

First off, our results:

Block Smash
Diana - 156 (5)
Level 51 - 148 (3)
Princess of Johto - 139 (1)

Battle Bingo
Diana - 11 (5)
Layell - 6 (3)

Pokemon Snap (Valley level)
Diana - 2,686,710 (5)

DP Speedrun
LockDown - 5:52 (5)
Its_A_Random - 6:46 (3)

Battle Pike
waffles101 - 139 (5)
atsync - 131 (3)
Hobert - 112 (1)

Congratulations to the Grammar Slammers, who garnered 18 points for the win. Also, a big congrats to Diana, who took home an impressive 15 points to be this round's MVP!

Overall, there were a lot less submissions for this round than usual, even with the week extension. We're going to take a bit of a hiatus from The Orange League for now, as we don't want interest in it burning out. Don't worry, The Orange League will be back! Also, I'll update the onsite leaderboards whenever I get a computer again. Sorry they're so far behind right now ;-;

Oh, and when The Orange League does return, you can expect something a little extra special that round~

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wow, great job guys. Especially since two of us didn't have the time to do anything this round. And for that I apologize.

I hope you're up for joining The Grammar Slammers again, whenever the 4th round starts. I will pull my weight for the team that round, that I promise you!

Also, Diana, you're awesome. ^.^

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wait I was the only one who did Snap? That's a surprise.

I think when BW2 is out for a while people will be up for playing other games again.

Instead of putting this on hiatus, perhaps make all of the challenges next round BW2. Most of us are playing it right now after all.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
YEAH!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!1

I still cannot win anything, though... x.x

Also, The OL Hub thing still has not been updated since R2 start, iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)