Challenge The Orange League - Round 3 Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

*art by Kythro*​

Welcome one and all to the Orange League, Orange Island's first major competition. In it, teams will duke it out to show off their mini-game skills, fastest speedruns, and highest scores. Every two weeks, a new round kicks off and new teams are formed.

As each round begins, competitors will be informed of which games will be used. They will have 4 days to assemble a team of people with access to at least one those games. If there are 5 games in the round, teams can be anywhere from 1 to 5 players (yes, soloing is allowed). If you are having trouble finding teammates, feel free to post which games you have in this thread and VM others that own the games you lack. You are also encouraged to go on #orangeislands on SynIRC to organize teams.

After sign-ups, the actual events will be announced. Teams will have 10 days to get the best scores they can in each event. All scores should be PMed to TheOrangeLeague, along with photographic evidence of the scores. These don't have to be great quality pictures (feel free to use your cell phone or whatever), but SCORES SENT WITHOUT PHOTO EVIDENCE WILL NOT COUNT. All scores must be obtained during the 10 day timeframe. We don't care if you got your highest Snap score last week; go get it again. For speedruns, your player name should be your Smogon username (character space permitting), so as to further identify the score as your own.

First place will receive 5 points, second will get 3, and third will get 1. If two or more players from the same team make it into the top 3, their team will be awarded those points (i.e. 8 points if two team members get first and second in one event).

On-site leaderboards are kept for those with the highest total points earned. Also, there is an Archive of past round winners.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask Jellicent or Texas Cloverleaf. We'll be happy to help!

Finally, I hate that I have to say this, but it needs to be stressed. There is zero tolerance for cheating. If you are caught cheating or helping others cheat, such as by posting pictures of other people's scores, giving your teammates your scores to submit, using scores from before the beginning of the round, abusing glitches or cheat codes, etc., you will be banned from joining any future Orange League event, and potentially banned from future OI competitions as well. Also, I will personally make sure that Birkal spams your profile with tl;dr VMs about morality, so don't do it!

Now, on to the fun part! The third round will use the following games:
  • Pokemon Snap (N64)
  • Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
  • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN)
  • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS)
  • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS)

With 5 games this round, your team may have up to 5 players. You have 4 days to track down others with the games you lack and assemble your team. Good luck, and have fun ^.^

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I'm signing up Team Grammar Slammers again. Any old teammembers are welcomed to join again. New ones as well ofc. But for now:

The Grammar Slammers
SuperJOCKE
DHR-107
Wobbanaut
Its_A_Random
Diana

EDIT: Ok, we're a full force now. Awesome gang I must say.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Sure SuperJOCKE... I wish I knew where my XD disk was. That will probably be a speed run though.

And Round 3 will feature the return of Round 1's champions and Round 2's Champions.

Team SteelSeed
Garud (c)
Atsync (vc)
Jimera0
LockDown
Waffles101

Edit: After a herculean effort in rounds 1 and 2, Atsync will be joining once again.

Im happy to jump in steelseed if you want. Im on holidays and free to grind RSE (also have dpp and hgss)

EDIT: apparently not, still open 4 anyone

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Team Tumbleweed back for another round?
Recalling billymills, Princess of Johto, jas61292, and Deinosaur.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does having Pokémon Snap on Virtual Console for the Wii count?
EDIT@Below Sweet, I've got access to all 5 of the listed games then!

I'll join any team needing a space filled - This time I'll actually submit a score for something :D

EDIT - Joined forces with RODAN

Does having Pokémon Snap on Virtual Console for the Wii count?

I'll join any team needing a space filled - This time I'll actually submit a score for something :D
Virtual Console definitely counts. Also, Snap players were in high demand first round, so you're in luck ^.^

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay sure, why not. I'll join any team that needs someone, I have all 5 games.

Edit: ended up getting on the Grammar Slammers after talking on IRC. Makes that simple enough.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Team Tumbleweed back for another round?
Recalling billymills, Princess of Johto, jas61292, and Deinosaur.
I feel a need to redeem myself for a lack of doing much last round. And, especially with snap being back, I can hopefully do that here. I'm in, once again.

Im up to join The Grammar Slammers again i can play HGSS and Emerald not too.sure bout DpPt cause i hav plat and its not mentioned

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I have all of these games I would like to say I am an expert at Pokemon XD and will gladly join any team that requires a player for that.

If anyone wants a member that can play...
Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN)
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS)
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS)

I'm game because I have all of those. And members of the team can play multiple games right and multiple members can play the same game right? (I'm asking as back up in case volunteering for 4 games is too much :) ). If no to those then I can play 1 one of the 4 (which is preferred anyway, but I can take up a second and maybe a 3rd if need be for a backup score)

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, just posting to say that The Grammar Slammers are a full force now.

I (happily) added DHR, IAR, Wobbanaut, and Diana. (:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I wouldn't mind doing Ruby/Diamond/HG for any team besides Rodan's :|
If you see this, Mekkah, team pls :>

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Mowdown's gonna be coming back again. Maybe we'll do something this round.

Wild Eep, Nexus, Birkal, Charmander, and Solace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)