Challenge The Orange League - Round 4 Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

*art by Kythro*​

Welcome back one and all to the Orange League, Orange Island's premier competition. Here, teams will duke it out to show off their mini-game skills, fastest speedruns, and highest scores. On the first Monday of every month, a new round will kick off and new teams are formed.

As each round begins, competitors will be informed of which games will be used. They will have 4 days to assemble a team of people with access to at least one those games. If there are 5 games in the round, teams can be anywhere from 1 to 5 players (yes, soloing is allowed). If you are having trouble finding teammates, feel free to post which games you have in this thread and VM others that own the games you lack. You are also encouraged to go on #orangeislands on SynIRC to organize teams.

After sign-ups, the actual events will be announced. Teams will have 14 days to get the best scores they can in each event. All scores should be PMed to TheOrangeLeague, along with photographic evidence of the scores. These don't have to be great quality pictures (feel free to use your cell phone or whatever), but SCORES SENT WITHOUT PHOTO EVIDENCE WILL NOT COUNT. All scores must be obtained during the 14 day timeframe. We don't care if you got your highest Snap score last week; go get it again. For speedruns, your player name should be your Smogon username (character space permitting), so as to further identify the score as your own.

First place will receive 5 points, second will get 3, and third will get 1. If two or more players from the same team make it into the top 3, their team will be awarded those points (i.e. 8 points if two team members get first and second in one event).

On-site leaderboards are kept for those with the highest total points earned. Also, there is an Archive of past round winners.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask Jellicent or Texas Cloverleaf. We'll be happy to help!

Finally, I hate that I have to say this, but it needs to be stressed. There is zero tolerance for cheating. If you are caught cheating or helping others cheat, such as by posting pictures of other people's scores, giving your teammates your scores to submit, using scores from before the beginning of the round, abusing glitches or cheat codes, etc., you will be banned from joining any future Orange League event, and potentially banned from future OI competitions as well. Also, I will personally make sure that Birkal spams your profile with tl;dr VMs about morality, so don't do it!

Now, on to the fun part! The fourth round will use the following games:
  • Pokemon Snap (N64)
  • Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (GBA)
  • Pokemon Pinball: RS (GBA)
  • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS)
  • Pokemon Black/White (DS)

With 5 games this round, your team may have up to 5 players. You have 4 days to track down others with the games you lack and assemble your team. Good luck, and have fun ^.^

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I'm in again! I was part of Team SteelSeed, but since I have no idea whether that team is still a thing anymore I guess I'm free to join any team that needs a member.

I own Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Soul Silver, Black and White.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll play RSE/White. And I can play HGSS, assuming I don't have to restart it.

SOMEONE PICK ME I AM STRONG USER.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll be bringing The Grammar Slammers back!

Old members has priority in joining this team if they still want to.

So IAR, you're welcome to join this team again. Also, Level-51, like I said on IRC, you're welcome to join as well if you see this.

EDIT:

Ok, so DHR and IAR are joining me again, so here's what this team looks like atm:

The Grammar Slammers
SuperJOCKE
DHR-107
Its_A_Random
Diana
Level-51

Let's see if can get Diana on board again... :3

EDIT 2: Ok, so Level-51 joins us as well.

EDIT 3: We got Diana too! We're back in full force.

I'm in again! I was part of Team SteelSeed, but since I have no idea whether that team is still a thing anymore I guess I'm free to join any team that needs a member.

I own Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Soul Silver, Black and White.
You up to go again Atsync?

Will join! I have Sapphire/Emerald, HGSS, and BW.

Great at in game runs, others will probably need to do things other than the Pokéathlon because I have fairly poor in-game teams (but I am good at the Pokéathlon, don't get me wrong).

Edited because I found Emerald and clarified my ability to fo things.

Think you have what it takes to be a part of the one, the only...

Team SteelSeed!
Garud (c)
Atsync (vc)
Open Spot
Open Spot
Open Spot

There are 3 open spots. The more games you have for this round, the better. Contact me if you want to be part of the winning team :). Open to both old members and new.

Some facts about Team SteelSeed:
  • Team SteelSeed won the first ever Orange League
  • Team SteelSeed is the only team to win 2 leagues in a row
  • Team SteelSeed has collaboratively scored 2/3 rds of the points accumulated in Round 2
  • Atsync and Garud are ranked first and second in the individual scores respectively
  • We are going to win this round as well

Sorry, I like to toot my team's horn :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)