Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Hi could I have a balance team around Mismagius. If possible with one physical and special wall as part of the team.

Sap Sipper Bouffalant teambuild? If you decide to use Poliwrath, that'd be awesome, but I just want to see what other people build around le Bouff.

Edit:
Sry for not fully reading the rules (hangover).

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Most common grass lures i can think of are rhydon and lanturn. I prefer substitutes in this tier due to the presence of many strong sucker punches that can end sweeps (also, sawk). I'm also a fan of bouffalant's decent bulk coupled with normal typing. I know being in the B rank it's not super viable with the threats we have right now and is pretty much outclassed 100% by tauros, but I've used tauros on many of my teams already and just want to switch things up a bit.

Edit 2: I feel this would probably work best on bulky offense

Edit 3: Rhydon and garbodor are good partners for providing hazards (rocks, spikes respectively) I suppose

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know I requested a team around Electivire + Magmortar, but as the core didn't synergize as well as I thought, I'd like to change it to a balanced/hype offense team consisting of Electivire + Samurott instead.

+

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet

This core I feel a bit more comfortable around as the prior core was worn down easily by Ground-types, I opted to go with Samurott > Magmortar for the ability to relaibly handle stuff like Regirock and Rhydon while also handling other Rock- and Ground-types for Electivire. I put Motor Drive over Vital Spirit for Lanturn to prevent momentum with Volt Switch, but it can be switched with Vital Spirit if need be.

Could I please get a team built around this Kecleon set please?

Kecleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Power-Up-Punch

I would like the final team to be Bulky Offensive, with Kecleon functioning as the potential end wincon. I've never played NU seriously, but Protean and Kec in general I always really liked and seemed fun to use. As previously said, I'm not confident what truly is used as potential counters, but presumably Fairy-types and Fighting-types such as Primeape and Sawk which easily outspeed, and can play around Shadow Sneak shenanigans with Knock Off while I can't hit them. I preferred an Assault Vest set as it functions better versus the bulkier and fat teams this set aims to beat.

Sorry for my NU inexperience, and feel free to optomize the EV's if this spread isn't viable. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
269.gif

Dustox @ Black Sludge
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Iron Defense
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Behold, the Bug Lord himself. Sure, his stats might suck. Sure, he isn't even on the viability rankings. But he's pretty fun! I've been using him a bit and have had better results than I was expecting, but I still think there's more potential that I need help tapping into. This set works kind of like CM Barrier Mush, but it needs slightly different team support, immune to Toxic, more recovery PP, and it looks cooler. Unfortunately, his stats and coverage are kinda booty :/ Hazard removal really helps since it's weak to rocks, as well as mons to dispose of steel, fire, and rock types so that it can sweep with mono-bug coverage. Mons that can lure in fighting attacks (besides Sawk's CC) or act as slow pivots are great teammates as well. The EVs are totally changeable, I just kind of made up a random spread for some decent mixed defenses. Thanks and have fun!

(P.S. pls don't hurt me if this thing is too unviable)

Can someone build a team around baton pass shedinja and m-audino? I want to try this core out because audino is immune to ghost and resists dark without being knocked off, while also just being super bulky. I've been stuck looking for the right set to use for audino but the shedinja set is just standard 252 atk/hp will-o, bp, shadow sneak, x-scissor. No preferences on the style of team just looking for a way to properly utilize this core.

You can tell him why that's not a good idea without laughing at him. Very useful post.

Taylor Suave - You don't invest in HP or defenses because no matter what you have one HP. The EVS are better invested in speed or not at all.

Edit: lol deleted post

Last edited:
blaziken1337
upload_2015-7-21_18-40-50.png
upload_2015-7-21_18-40-56.png
upload_2015-7-21_18-41-2.png
upload_2015-7-21_18-41-12.png
upload_2015-7-21_18-41-24.png
upload_2015-7-21_18-41-32.png

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brick Break
- Protect

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Energy Ball

hey blaziken, I built the team around SD combusken, although I changed up ThunderPunch for Protect since being able to stall out a turn to get a boost or even if t-spikes are up is really cool. Stuff like mantine/pelipper and even stuff like fletch is really problematic for Combusken, so Lanturn was obviously a great fit for it (it even baits out grass types that Combusken can prey on). At this point, I decided to add Garbodor since Combusken really appreciates spikes support to wear down bulkier checks to it like Rhydon and Regirock. I wanted to go in more of an offensive direction for this team and I needed rocks and a Malamar check, so Mesprit seemed like a nice fit, you can also run HW over E-Ball if that suits your fancy. Pawniard provides me with a secondary win-con and a check to the scary psychic types in the tier (I have it as adamant, but if you want to crush plebs like hollywood I suggest jolly). I threw on lilligant last because it's offense and needed a way to deal with Quagsire which meant lilligant was the best option. Enjoy

TONE114 BasedLord Kirito
upload_2015-7-22_8-49-12.png
upload_2015-7-22_8-49-19.png
upload_2015-7-22_8-49-25.png
upload_2015-7-22_8-49-38.png
upload_2015-7-22_8-49-43.png
upload_2015-7-22_8-49-49.png

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 108 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain

Kangaskhan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Hey tone and kirito, I intially built this team around Samurott + E-Vire but by the end I had Kanga and Garb on the team so I guess it fills Kirito's request too haha. I decided to change up the Samurott spread to SD since it's really good right now and I feel that it has a lot better synergy with E-vire, since E-vire can bait in Lanturn and those bulky grass that normally check Rott, and put them in within KO range at +2. I knew that both E-vire and Rott needed hazard support in order to wear down the fatter stuff more efficiently, so I went with a pretty standard hazard stacking core in Garbodor + Rhydon. I wanted a secondary win condition, as well as a backup fighting check, so I chose Sub CM Uxie since it synergizes really well with Toxic Spikes, as well as beating up defensive teams and more passive mons. I knew for the last slot I wanted some sort of revenge killer, as well as another way to check Lilligant since the team was pretty weak to it. I went with AV Kanga since it also synergizes well with T-spikes and provides me with everything I wanted. An option for this team is to put more speed on uxie which allows it to outpace Base 90's, however the loss in bulk is substantial.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Updating the queue

Deeerpz - Barbaracle / Pawniard
RU Abysmal OU Are - Klinklang / Vanilluxe
TTFTW - Gourgeist-Small / Probopass
DoubleBullShyte - Relicanth
Steakburgers - Lumineon
BurmaAlex - Taunt Plot Mismagius
Mar0waX - Sub SD Bouffalant
Bronze Stallion - AV Kecleon
SlickHippo99 - Iron Defense Quiver Dustox
Nebuchadnezzar - Agility Lanturn
Winter's Howl - CM Mesprit

We're rejecting lolbro's CB Diglett team. I don't think it is too unviable to make it work at all, but it's definitely super niche/a bitch to build around. I'm going to try the Dustox team soon, and it might get rejected too but seems like a lot of fun to use so I'm going to give it an earnest try. Gourgeist/Probopass is an odd core but I think one of us can make it work.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hollywood, if you don't find success with dustox ill post one of the teams I've been working on cause its really quite a fun mon to play with.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
RU Abysmal OU Are

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 0
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Ice Body
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Autotomize

Uxie @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Hey RU Abysmal OU Are. Here's the team you requested around Klinklang and Vanilluxe. This was fun for me as I've wanted to build with Vanilluxe for a while now and Klinklang has also been receiving a lot of hype. I built an offense team since you requested a dual screens lead and I chose Uxie. Uxie sets rocks, lays screens and I've put Memento in the 4th slot for momentum grabbing and getting sweepers like Vanilluxe and Klinklang in safely to set up and win the game. Plus Uxie acts as a great mixed wall and is just bulky as shit and provides great support for the core. Next I chose Garbodor. Garbodor acts as a fighting type check which the team was weak to so far, and particularly helps with Gurdurr who's Mach Punch can hinder a sweep from Klinklang or Vanilluxe. Garbodor contributes to the offensive nature of the team by setting hazards to weaken opponents to Klinklang and Vanilluxe on switch in. Toxic Spikes help a lot in dealing with the likes of Quagsire for Klinklang and Drain Punch allows Garbodor to act as the teams Klinklang check. Next I chose Tauros, Tauros is hella fast, hella strong and benefits massively from the hazard stacking nature of the team. It can clean late game as well as act as a wallbreaker for Klinklang and Vanilluxe to clean up. Tauros carries Fire Blast as a Ferroseed lure since neither Klinklang or Vanilluxe deal with it overly well. Finally, I chose Rotom, Rotom with a choice scarf becomes a brilliant revenge killer and can easily tear holes in opponents after hazards. Trick allows you to catch Lanturn on the switch, same with Quagsire and prevent them from recovering HP or status problems. Volt Switch speaks for itself in terms of grabbing momentum for the sweeping core. Hope you like the team~

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

So just getting back into nu this gen, one of my old favs was normal spam teams with kanga to hit ghosts. You can use any sets that you need to since I just copied the dex sets which may or may not be very good at all. Core is basic, normal types are very strong and only checked by a handful of types. This core looks to exploit teams that either dont have a very good normal check or aim to break said check down with either coverage moves, acting as a lure for teamates or being kangaskhan. Normally I play more balanced builds, so if you could roll that way it would be great. Thanks ahead of time!

hollywood I don't see my Agility Lanturn listed that I requested awhile back. Not sure how viable the set/team dynamic are, but if you could at least tell me it's unviable that would be cool.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hollywood I don't see my Agility Lanturn listed that I requested awhile back. Not sure how viable the set/team dynamic are, but if you could at least tell me it's unviable that would be cool.
nah it's just rly far back and I didn't see it. I might try to work on it tonight.

Montsegur, I tried building with it and didn't have much success, but Can-Eh-Dian is going to try it out soon as well. If he doesn't have any luck, feel free to post it.

dustox is on its way, but first I have the Mismag team.

BurmaAlex
upload_2015-7-22_22-3-32.png
upload_2015-7-22_22-3-53.png
upload_2015-7-22_22-3-58.png
upload_2015-7-22_22-4-6.png
upload_2015-7-22_22-4-11.png
upload_2015-7-22_22-4-19.png

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Barbaracle @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Tough Claws
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Razor Shell
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Frustration

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Super Fang
- Iron Head

A pretty standard offensive build since mismag really works so much better offensive hazard stacking teams, rather than balance teams (where I would prefer a better wallbreaker like Haunter). Obviously you can't have hazard stack without the hazards so I went with offensive Garb to bait xatu and what was at the time, rocks Mesprit. I really like Barbaracle in general since it's like my favourite mon and it can end games incredibly easily, especially with the hazard support. Lilligant synergizes really well with Barbaracle, works well with spikes, and can bait in Ferroseed to allow Barb to sweep easier. Wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the last slot, but I lacked initial speed and wanted a solid normal resist, so I changed Mesprit to a Scarf set with Healing Wish and went with Defensive Mawile in the last slot since it provides everything i needed, including a Cro-dino answer and can also gain me back momentum in a pinch.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

So double dance rhydon has been getting popular lately with the ban of sneasel and gallade, and i was wondering if u guys could make a team based around it for me please. I have jolly over adamant beacuse whenever im making an NU team i keep getting told to run enough speed ev's to out speed Adamant Rhydon, so i took the liberty to put jolly as a little surprise for them ^.^. Now for the team support if its possible can u make the "walls" of the team be able to support rhydon's weaknesses and or flaws, and help it sweep in a battle. moves like memento or screens, tailwind, hazards. something like that could really support its capabilites to sweep any time in the game, but mostly Mid-game and late game. the reason im asking is because lately iv'e been feeling off my game on team building in general, yes i do make some "good" teams but i feel like i could do a lot better and could use some inspiration. thx for taking time to make it, no rush whatsoever ;D

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
Nebuchadnezzar, sorry for the wait, here's a team:

Full transparency: I don't think this Lanturn set is very good at all. It's literally walled by other Lanturn, which is incredibly depressing, and aside from that, it takes all of Lanturn's utility, even with Specs, and tosses it down the train. On this particular team it is ok because it at least gives the team a cleaner, which is nice because it already has two good breakers for slower teams. Offensive Eviolite SD Scyther is cool. It's a nice middle ground between bulky SD Scyther and Life Orb SD, which I'd been wanting to use for a while. You still get the bulk alongside the extra power from Attack investment. Claydol is one of the only decent hazard removers that isn't a Water-type, so I kind of had to put it on the team with a Scyther and a Water-type. I cannot for the life of me remember what the spread does, but the Bold nature with minimal Defense investment is still more optimal to get those stats than any other nature, which I know because I went through three different spreads with Modest, Timid, and Bold nature. Earth Power is just for STAB, Grass Knot covers Rhydon, Shadow Ball covers Xatu and spinblockers. Roselia is a bulky Spikes-setter that covers Lilligant and Water-types. Ninetales helps break down bulkier teams and isn't useless against offense thanks to its Speed and Will-O-Wisp. I also don't have any idea what Rhydon's EVs do, but the Defense investment probably has something to do with Kangaskhan or Tauros. It's there to help cover Flying- and Normal-types, set Stealth Rock, and do all the other things Rhydon does.
Lanturn @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Agility
- Ice Beam

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 168 Def / 64 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)