A true villain!
Welcome to the ORAS PU Cup!
PU Classic information can be found here!
ORAS PU Resources, Sample Teams, and other information can be found here!
- Standard ORAS PU
- Best of three, single elimination.
- Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
- Replays are mandatory!
- Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
- Standard clauses apply.
- All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
- Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
- Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
- OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
- Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Players will be selected based on a 62.5% first come first serve and 37.5% randomized basis (if required).
Sign-ups will be open until December 22nd 11pm EST (roughly). Round 1 will be posted as soon as i can after
Post "in" to sign up!