The Overcoat Crusade

Hey, I'm new to the forums, and wanted some advice on my attempt at a new team. I decided to try out a trick room team for 5th gen, and wanted to base it somewhat around Beheeyem. I was trying to not have two of the same item, so some of the items may seem a little bit odd. Please give any and all constructive criticism, I'd really appreciate the help. This is just a concept so far - I have not used it in battle.

Changes are in bold.

The Team at a Glance

Metagross (Lead)

Moveset:
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbutt
-Bullet Punch

Held Item - Air Balloon

Ability - Clear Body

Nature - Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

This is my lead, a Metagross. I decided not to go with a Trick Room lead. It's main role is to get out stealth rocks as soon as possible. Once it's done with that, it can be used as death fodder, or as a way to do as much damage to opposing pokemon. It's also possible, with good prediction, to get a good switch out, and save him for later. As I said before, his main goal is just to get out stealth rocks and do as much damage as possible.

Beheeyem

Moveset:
-Trick Room
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock
-Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / HP Fighting (Still not entirely sure)

Held Item - Wise Glasses

Ability - Synchronize

Nature - Quiet (+SAtk, -Spd)

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

IVs: 0 Speed IV

This is the Beheeyem the team was built around. It is meant to be used as a trick room somewhat mixed sweeper, and can set up trick room itself. I am still deciding which move will give the best coverage in the last slot.

Whimsicott

Moveset:
-Substitue
-Leech Seed
-Taunt
-U-turn

Held Item - Bug Gem

Ability - Prankster

Nature - Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)

EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4HP

IVs: 0 Speed IVs

This is a standard sub-seed Whimsicott. However, it has been slightly modified to work in trick room. It can shoot off a taunt if necessary to stop those trying to set up on it. If the situation becomes too unfavorable, it can always get out with U-turn, the first of which will have extr damage due to the bug gem.

Crawdaunt

Moveset:
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Aerial Ace
-Taunt

Held Item - Life Orb

Ability - Adaptability

Nature - Brave (+Atk, -Spd)

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

This Crawdaunt is meant to act as a trick room physical sweeper, and also has access to taunt if necessary. I believe it gets pretty good coverage with water, dark, and flying, but I may be wrong.

Dusknoir

Moveset
-Fire Punch
-Trick Room
-Will-o-wisp
-Pain split

Held Item - Leftovers

Ability - Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SDef

Dusknoir acts as another way to set up Trick Room. He is able to get some statuses off, as well as deal some damage should the need arise. He also acts as a spin blocker to keep stealth rocks in play.

Audino

Moveset
-Trick Room
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Ice Beam

Held Item - NeverMeltIce

Ability - Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

This Audino is a trick room supporter. I chose Audino over Chansey or Blissey, because Audino is able to learn Trick Room. It gives another chance to set up trick room, helping trick room stay in the game. It also acts as support with heal bell and wish. Ice beam is there to keep a taunt from forcing a switch.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
You need to add some descriptions before this gets locked

things like each pokemon's role

switch out audino for blissey/chansey they have much superior bulk at have wishes at around 350 HP. Not really sure about your items... Dusknoir cant really act as a spinblocker if its holding a ring target, because that makes him be able to be hit by normal attacks. Change his item to be leftys and prolly change noirs attack to either fire punch or Ice punch, because hitting things 4x weak to it is amazing. other than that it looks good.

I agree with the other changes, but I was going for Audino because it can learn Trick Room, allowing another opportunity to set up trick room should the need arise.

FIRST replace Audino for Bliss/Chansey, has like nothing over them.
SECOND change Metagross's SpA EVs to Atk, might have been a typo but w/e.
THIRD replace Beeheyem or whatever for Life Orb Reuniclus. Max HP/SpA with Trick Room/Psyshock/Recover/Focus Blast, HP FIghting, or Shadow Ball.
FOURTH take Bug Gem off Whimsicott, take off U-turn for Encore.
FIFTH replace Noir for Eviolite Dusclops. Trick Room/Pain Split/WoW/Seismic Toss should do fine.
SIXTH try to find a good replacement for Crawdaunt; it isn't the best Trick Room abuser....

Hmm, in my experience teams based on field effects must have three pokes able to rape under it, so that you can keep an onslaught of two sweepers wearing down the opponent's walls so that the third one can win the game. Two sweepers alone are pretty unreliable.

a thgouth on Crawdaunt; wouldn't a 75BP Brick Break, complimenting Crunch for type coverage, be a better option than a 60BP Aerial Ace? AA only helps against grass, I think... X-Scissor would also work as a VS grass attack, though you only hit neutral against Tropius and Psn/Grs types, if I remember correctly...

...and loss of Breloom/Heracross pwnage...whoopee...

Crawdaunt isn't the best TR abuser out there... If you need a Water-Type abuser, use Slowking or Slowbro. If you're for a Physical Abuser, I've found pretty decent success with this Escavalier:

Escavalier (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Bug Bite
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- X-Scissor

Don't forget to give him 0 Speed IVs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)