Walrus The Panic Station 2020 Walrus [FINISHED - Congrats to leonard (from big bang theory)]

New year, new walrus.

What is Walrus? It's a forum game where you submit songs to me according to various categories and I rank and score them based on how much I like them.

To join, simply sign up in this thread (or drop me a DM at BrainpanSonata#0280). Submissions must be done by PM/DM, including YouTube or Soundcloud links to your picks. One by one, categories will be revealed in the official walrus Discord server and the respective threads. Aim for the highest overall score, or play along for fun and the love of music.

Scores will be logged and tracked via Google spreadsheet. Scoring is done on a 0.0-10.0 points range based on how much I enjoy a song and how well it fits the respective category. My scoring system runs along the same lines as MyAnimeList: 5s are boring, 6s are okay, 7s are good, 8s are great, 9s are awesome, and if you get a 4 or below ya dun goofed. Will anyone send me a 10 point masterpiece? We’ll see…

Additional rules are as follows:
  1. Any categories you fail to submit for will automatically be scored 0. You can send submissions at any point up to the day before the respective category’s scheduled reveal. In some cases, depending on my schedule, I may be lenient enough to accept submissions up to the T-minus 12 hours mark. I will actively check in with players who have unfilled submissions to help prevent catfails.
  2. Any submissions which don't fit the qualifying requirements of their respective category will automatically be scored 0. For example, if I had a category about guitars and you subbed an acapella song, you would catfail.
  3. You will need to change your submission if it's a song I submitted to a previous walrus.
  4. You will need to change your submission if it's a song I used as an example, header, or outro in this walrus or my previous walruses. Yes, this does mean Watsky subs are more likely to get stamped Return To Sender.
  5. Tracking for rules 3 and 4 is solely the responsibility of the host. I will crosscheck all submissions and let you know if something needs to be changed. I will also let you know of any technical errors which might require you to change the links to your submissions (though region locking is no longer an issue for me).
  6. You will need to change your submission if I can't bring myself to listen to it in its entirety more than once. This pertains not just to the banlist found in Rule 10, but also to anything pitch shifted/chipmunked, played on a kazoo/vuvuzela/air horn, and/or painfully out of tune. If you value scoring high on the leaderboard, then this is not the hill you die on.
  7. If you send me a 240p or 144p vid and a better version is available, I reserve the right to switch to the better version. I will inform you privately if I do so.
  8. If two or more players submit the same song for a category, the second (and third and so on) person to submit the song will be given the option to change their submission. If they decide to stick with it, it will be given a single score and the players involved will tie in that round's rankings. This type of tie will be expressed in dense ranking (eg. 1223) rather than standard competition ranking (eg. 1224).
  9. You can change your submissions at your leisure. As with late submissions, song changes will be accepted at any point up to the day before the respective category’s reveal. Unlike Rule 1, I will not accept T-12 hour sub swaps because getting in a song that may do better or worse isn’t as urgent as avoiding a 0.
  10. My ban list is Nickelback, Owl City, Operation Ivy, The Neighbourhood, Kings of Leon, and US band Backlash. Swedish band Backlash is okay, but I have too many issues with that trumped up Pink Floyd cover band by the same name.

Weird and Wonderful
What’s the first thing you notice when Youtube recommends you a song? No, not the thumbnail, the title. And some of them can be quite weird. So send me a song with a weird title. Doesn’t need to be a silly song, just needs to have a weird title.
Examples:
Don’t Shoot Me, Santa by The Killers
Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued by Fall Out Boy

Silly Goose
Okay, NOW it needs to be a silly song. Comedy, mashups, parodies, serious songs that became memetastic… as long as it’s at least a little bit ridiculous, anything goes.
Examples:
YYMilk by DJ Cummerbund
Shia LeBeouf (Live Version) by Rob Cantor

Live From Where?
In case you’ve never heard of Live From Here, it’s a radio show where a white nerd with a mandolin pretends he can make people forget about Prairie Home Companion. There’s one thing he’s really good at, though: birthday covers, where he and his band do honorary covers of songs by musicians who are celebrating their birthdays.

I want to take that and flip it around for this category. Take a look at the cover songs played
in these various YouTube videos and send me one of the original songs they’re covering. And please include a link to the video that has the cover version with your sub (for qualifier checking only). If a dork with a mandolin can make me want to discover a band, maybe so can you.
Examples:
Jawbone by The Band
Runs In The Family by Amanda Palmer

Animal Magnetism Redux
Lots of bands are named after animals. Send me a song from a band that has an animal in its name. Any animal named band that isn’t Owl City. I sincerely mean that. Don’t wreck your scores by sending me something from the ban list.
Examples:
Dramamine by Modest Mouse
Rock You Like A Hurricane by Scorpions

What’s On The Tube?
Is it a television theme song? Is it a song that was originally composed for a television show? Is it a previously existing song that was later used by a television show as their theme song? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then do WE have a category for YOU!
(NOTE: Television shows exclusive to streaming sites are included in this category. Anime OPs are not allowed, since this was strip mined from the Dueling Walrus and originally a counterpoint to an Anime OPs category. Sorry, Bloods.)

Examples:
WKRP in Cincinnati Main Theme by Steve Carlisle
Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake

Everyone’s In A Band These Days
It’s kinda true. I’ve come to learn that there are many actors and actresses who are also musicians. So send me some songs by these multi talented celebrities.
Examples:
Bad Dreams by Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johannsen
Classico by Tenacious D

The Strong, Silent Type
Some songs don’t need words to be great. So give me songs with no lyrics. Vocals as an instrument are acceptable, but spoken word segments are not. (RIP Great Gig in the Sky, disqualified on a technicality...)
Examples:
Rlyehs Lament by Deadmau5
La Gazza Ladra Overture by Gioacchino Rossini

The Titleist Redux
You know what a self-titled album is: the name of the album is the name of the musician or band. I want to hear songs from self-titled albums.
Examples:
The Unforgiven by Metallica
Seven Seas of Rhye by Queen

Yeehaw!
Sometimes it seems like Kansans fall under a particular list of stereotypes.
Use “y’all” frequently… check.
Watch Nascar… only when Bowyer’s in the chase, but check.
Know how to drive a tractor… uhhh…
Oh, here’s a good one! Listen to country music. Maybe y’all can help me with that one.

Examples:
Friends In Low Places by Garth Brooks
Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina

And The Grammy Goes To…
...the song you send for this category. Send me a song that has won one or more Grammys. Any Grammy category listed here that isn’t about an album/soundtrack, a person and their achievements, or a technical aspect (such as sound editing or music videos) is an eligible category, even the defunct categories. And yes, the Grammy winners from the upcoming awards show on January 26th will also be eligible. To make qualifier checking easier, please mention which category the song won a Grammy in.
Example:
Tonite by LCD Soundsystem
Spoonman by Soundgarden

Looking To The Future (aka 2020 Vision)
For many decades, people have looked towards the year 2020 as a big damn deal. The cool gadgets we were expected to have, the exotic planets we were expected to explore… the, uh, inevitable catastrophic extinction we were expected to die in. Whatever our fate was speculated to be, people were fascinated with it. So let’s continue that tradition of focusing on the future with songs about the future and/or the three topics I just mentioned: technology, space, and/or the apocalypse.
Examples:
In The Year 2525 by Zager & Evans
Mr. Roboto by Styx

Signups List

1. BLOODYRAIN10001 [Kong]
  2. leonard (from big bang theory) [Smogon]
  3. termi [Smogon]
  4. Aura Guardian [Smogon]
  5. Aladyyn [Smogon]
  6. shubaka17 [Smogon]
  7. Energy [Smogon]
  8. gbsfranca [MU]
  9. Dobby [MU]
  10. Lectys [Smogon]
  11. Lebossle [Kong]
  12. Isa [Smogon]
  13. catgode [Kong]
  14. ムース[Smogon]
  15. Logic [MU]
  16. Celever [Smogon]
  17. Owner Of A Lonely Heart [MU]
  18. LordQuas [MU]
  19. Andy Snype [Smogon]
  20. RaceBandit [Kong]
  21. nutella [MU]
  22. Your name could be here!

I'm going to do something unprecedented for me. Because the upcoming Grammys means there are qualifying songs that won't be known until late January, the signups and initial submissions phase is the entire month of January. Get it in before February 1st and I'll run the first reveal sometime in the first week of February.

EDIT: Courtesy of Aura Guardian, a Live From Here playlist has been found which can be used for the reverse covers category.

Last edited:
A PS2020 FAQ

Q: Oh, man, country?
A: If the artist you sub has a wikipedia page and country is listed under that artist's genres, it counts. Mashups that use country songs and country-style covers of songs are also acceptable.

Q: Do I have to sub a specific song covered by Live From Here? What about a remix of the song? Or another song by that musician?
A: It has to be the original version of the song that was covered in the video you choose.

Q: Are near matches okay for self-titled albums?
A: Yes. Catfailing Sniper was a mistake.

Q: Does the television theme song have to be an opening song?
A: No. Ending themes and themes used during episodes are also accepted.

Q: Is it a television theme song if it's a song by Television?
A: No. The category writeup states what I want and I prefer the letter of the law over the spirit of the law.

Q: What the best way to tell if a Strong, Silent Type sub qualifies?
A: If you go to Genius or another lyrics site and the page for the song says [Instrumental], it qualifies. If it has anything else in there (e.g. the lyrics page for Great Gig In The Sky includes a transcript of its spoken word segment), it does not qualify.

Q: Can we send mashups to more than just Silly Goose?
A: Mashups are acceptable all around as long as they fit the respective categories you sub them for.

Q: How famous does a celebrity have to be?
A: Big screen, small screen, Broadway, off-Broadway, commercials... I'm not gonna be picky here.

Q: What about a musician who acted later in life?
A: That's fine, too.

Q: Uh, you said we can't sub your headers and outros... but you never said what those headers and outros are.
A: Mea culpa. The following is a list of headers and outros in categorical order:

Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing and Rides The Bomb To Hell by The Offspring
A Beginner's Guide to Destroying The Moon by Foster The People
Pump Up JAPAN by DEADLIFT LOLITA
We Ran Out of CD Space by Psychostick
My Hero by Foo Fighters
Hyperballad by Bjork
Got My Own Thing Now by Squirrel Nut Zippers
I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock of Seagulls
Cleveland Rocks by The Presidents of the United States
Believe It or Not by Joey Scarbury
You Don't Know My Mind by Hugh Laurie
House of the Rising Sun by Jeremy Renner
Wild Monk by Osamu Kitajima
Aerodynamic by Daft Punk
Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand
Tomorrow Comes Today by Gorillaz
9 To 5 by Dolly Parton
Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident) by John Michael Montgomery
What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner
Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
Astronomy Domine by Pink Floyd
We Will All Go Together by Tom Lehrer

Two weeks left to sign up and/or start subbing to the PS2020 walrus!

And there's a new incentive to signing up! Reaching 20 or more players before the end of the month will unlock Adaptive Double Headers! How are they adaptive? I don't choose the second headers until the day of their respective reveals, meaning you can sub without worrying about bumping up against a surprise header!

One week left to sign up and/or start subbing to PS2020. (I will be sending reminders to people who haven't sent weird title subs yet.)

The 20 players Adaptive Headers bonus has yet to be met.

And there's a second bonus available now for hitting 20 or more players! This bonus is... bonus points! Specifically, Theme Winner Bonus Points.

"Is this just you ripping off Bloody?" you ask. No! Here's how it works: For each category, I will ask myself a vital question regarding the category's theme. For example, my Limo 4 Emos category from my last walrus could have had the question "Which song is best able to bring me out of a bad mood?" The sub that best answers that question will get a bonus point added to their score. Up to three subs per category can earn a bonus point in the event of ties for best answer. So sign up, send subs, and rock out!

Tentative reveal date for Weird and Wonderful is February 7th or 8th at 2pm cst.

Also, I've decided to streamline the crosschecking process by making a bigass google doc of all ineligible songs.

Category 1 - Weird and Wonderful

This round's theme bonus question: “Which title is the weirdest?”

Our headers for this round are Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell and Dazed from the Dazzle of Decadence and Constantly Reminded of Death

21st Place
Submitted by Lebossle
Score: 4.7

MOUTH by Niel Cicierega

This was three minutes of making me feel vaguely uncomfortable, so your golf game’s off to a good start. How the hell did you find a Cicierega song that isn’t a banger?
20th Place
Submitted by catgode
Score: 7.6

How Can You See Into My Eyes Like Open Ass by Loffciamcore

I liked it until the scream two minutes in. Way to throw off the emperor’s groove, yo.
19th Place
Submitted by Dobby
Score: 8.0

My Night With the Prostitute from Marseille by Beirut

At first, I wondered what language he was singing in… and I know it wasn’t my tinnitus’s fault.
18th Place
Submitted by RaceBandit
Score: 8.1

Jazz Jackrabbit Fishing Tournament 2007 by Two Piece Squirrel

Now, I know I brought this on myself, but man, this category has a lot of “wtf am I listening to” in it.
17th Place
Submitted by Aladyyn
Score: 8.2

It Ceases to Be "Whining" If You're Still "Shitting" Blood by Bomb the Music Industry!

A good song, but it left me wanting more of the rhythm and hand clapping from the first verse.
16th Place
Submitted by gbsfranca
Score: 8.3

Thot Tactics by JPEGMAFIA

A touch of Clarence Clarity, a little je nais se quois, and the low level surrealism of a white guy literally making the thinking face as he tries to rank and score a new-to-him rapper.
15th Place
Submitted by Andy Snype
Score: 8.4

Black Milk by Massive Attack

I’m familiar with whole milk, 2% milk, buttermilk, chocolate milk, strawberry milk, caramel milk, orange milk, blue milk...
14th Place
Submitted by Owner
Score: 8.5

Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra

How have I never subbed this to anyone.
Tied for 12th Place
Submitted by Isa
Score: 8.6

close,down,back,to by School Food Punishment

2:44 was an eye opener.
Tied for 12th Place
Submitted by termi

SDSS1416+13B (Zercon, A Flagpole Sitter) by Scott Walker

My first thought was “Nice voice.” My second thought was “Wait, what is this?” and my third thought was “Oh, this is twenty-one minutes, that’s what this is.” Usually the Termi LongSub™ comes later in the walrus, but I’m not complaining. Not sure I’d add Scott Walker to Pandora, but I’m curious about hearing the whole of Bish Bosch.
Tied for 10th Place
Submitted by Lectrys
Score: 8.7

La Follia d’amore by Jun Ishikawa

So this is Japanese vgm with an Italian title that means “The Madness of Love”. It supposedly gets weirder when you consider it within the context of the game, but I’m not familiar with that context other than “this is boss fight music".
Tied for 10th Place
Submitted by Muusu
Score: 8.7 [THEME WINNER]

He Shit Out His Own Skeleton and Wore His Floppy Flesh Like A Trench Coat by Venetian Snares

So this is what the soundtrack to a manic high sounds like...
Tied for 8th Place
Submitted by Aura
Score: 8.8

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies

Hmm? Hmmmmm… Hm!
Tied for 8th Place
Submitted by shubaka

I was feeling down, then I found a nice witch and now we're best friends by In Love With a Ghost

I wouldn’t mind putting this on repeat while I get my brochet on.
7th Place
Submitted by Bloody
Score: 8.9

Bloody Rain by Fuki

Well, to crib a page from Nuxl’s book, do you.
Tied for 5th Place
Submitted by Celever
Score: 9.0

There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of it Yet by Panic! At The Disco

You’re lucky I don’t pandercap.
Tied for 5th Place
Submitted by energy

Of All The Gin Joints In All The World by Fall Out Boy

You’re incredibly lucky that I don’t pandercap...
4th Place
Submitted by LordQuas
Score: 9.1

classic j dies and goes to hell part 1 by glass beach

Spoiler alert: there is no part 2. Opinion alert: there should be.
3rd Place
Submitted by leonard
Score: 9.2

Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games by ofMontreal

Well, it looks like you took notes last walrus.
2nd Place
Submitted by nutella
Score: 9.3

We Were Born the Mutants Again with Leafling by ofMontreal

Another contestant who took notes last walrus. This one juuust squeaks by leonard’s sub on the catchy bop scale.
1st Place
Submitted by Logic
Score: 9.4

#1 Zero by Audioslave

Did the furnace go out or are these goosebumps from the song?
And our outro is A Beginner’s Guide To Destroying The Moon

Bonus points make their mark out of the gate, propelling this round’s theme winner Muusu to first on the leaderboard! Logic and nutella follow close behind with their podium wins.

Next round is Silly Goose. We’ll laugh it up on Monday the 17th at 2pm CST.

Category 2 - Silly Goose

This round's theme bonus question: “Which song made me laugh the most?”

Our headers for this round are Pump Up JAPAN by DEADLIFT LOLITA and Three-Legged Man by Ray Stevens

21st Place
Submitted by Lebossle
Score: 2.7

PPAP But every time he says pen it gets bass boosted by Talking Nonsense

Pop some Excedrin and accept my apologies. Along with a warning that this is not the worst Leb sent me.
20th Place
Submitted by Muusu
Score: 4.9

My Cheeseburger by Kurt Henry Heinecke

I’m getting VBS flashbacks...
19th Place
Submitted by gbsfranca
Score: 6.3

money machine by 100 gecs

gbsfranca: if you throw up after you listen to my cat 2, lmk

UPDATE: I did not throw up.
18th Place
Submitted by termi
Score: 6.7

Tupac alive in serbia by Kocayine

I don’t judge by the video. Which is a shame, since most of the humor here is in the video. I shared this to the memes channel of a friend’s server, though, so you did win in a way.
17th Place
Submitted by Catgode
Score: 7.4

♂ The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix) ♂ by duyui

I wonder what Adam’s up to these days?
16th Place
Submitted by Bloody
Score: 7.9

Polka For Another Day by SilvaGunner

So many references to hit or miss, so much YMMV… it took me a few minutes to really get into it.
15th Place
Submitted by Dobby

We Are Number One but you're just Somebody That I Used To Know by Grandayy

The chorus crowds the two songs together and makes them compete to be heard, which doesn’t really work. If I had the skill and tech to edit that section, I’d lower the volume on the horns a little there and pace it so “We are number one” doesn’t overlap Gotye’s lyrics. But otherwise it’s a good mash.
14th Place
Submitted by Racebandit

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (Eurobeat Mix) by Go Go Girls

I am semi-unironically thinking of playing this for my niece when I have babysitting duty.
Tied for 12th Place
Submitted by energy

Chanukah Song by Adam Sandler

Damn, now I need to go see if I subbed Lunch Lady Land to anyone, because this could have been a missed opportunity.
Tied for 12th Place
Submitted by Lectrys

The Happy Happy Birthday Song by The Arrogant Worms

Voltaire’s my go-to for birthday songs. But I think I have options now.
Tied for 10th Place
Submitted by nutella

Bushes of Love by Bad Lip Reading

Damn, now I need to go see if I subbed Seagulls to anyone, because this could have been a missed opportunity.
Tied for 10th Place
Submitted by Owner

99 by Barns Courtney

Another one where it seems the humor’s in the video. And the sudden wizard bridge. But it lowkey slaps, so...
Tied for 8th Place
Submitted by Aladyyn

Mmph The Way You Mmph by Force-A-Nem ft. Pyrihanna

Mmmph? Mmmmmmph… Mmph!

Running jokes aside, I let out a malevolent chuckle at the end of this one. The moral of the story is don’t mess with my main.
Tied for 8th Place
Submitted by Isa

Waving My Dick In The Wind by Ween

This is pretty groovy. Lowkey sounds like someone’s inspiration for a comedy movie screenplay.
Tied for 6th Place
Submitted by Celever

Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz

Damn, now I need to go see if I subbed Dance Off to anyone, because this could have been a missed opportunity.
Tied for 6th Place
Submitted by Logic

The Scotsman by Bryan Bowers

I’ve heard this joke before, but it’s a good one.
5th Place
Submitted by shubaka

Catallena by Orange Caramel

You say meme, I say banger.
4th Place
Submitted by LordQuas

Hurt Feelings by Flight of the Conchords

Back when I was working as a truckstop janitor, a kid came up to me one day and said, “You look like Garth from Wayne’s World got fat.” I haven’t bleached my hair since.
3rd Place
Submitted by Aura [THEME WINNER]

I Suck At Call Of Duty by Gavin Dunne

I did not expect this song to go this hard. This is a delight.
2nd Place
Submitted by Andy Snype

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj

Nm, just judging your anaconda on V-Day, hbu?
1st Place
Submitted by leonard

Bustin by Niel Cicierega

And THIS is why I made the bonus headers adaptive. I saw this coming from a mile away and I welcome it with open arms, as one would a dear old friend.
And this round's outro is We Ran Out of CD Space by Psychostick

Aura’s bonus point edges out round winner leonard in the leaderboard. Logic follows close behind in third.

Round 3 is Live From Where?. We’ll live it up in our next live reveal on Tuesday the 25th at 2pm CST.

Andy Snype, energy, Isa, leonard, and Owner need to turn on their radios by Monday the 24th!

Category 3 - Live From Where?

This round's theme bonus question: “Which song makes me want to hear more from that band?”

Our headers for this round are My Hero by Foo Fighters and Padam, Padam by Edith Piaf

NOTE: Today's reveal begins at 19th, due to a dense tie as per the dupes clause.

19th Place
Submitted by Lebossle
Score: 5.2

Clapping Music by Steve Reich & Wolfram Winkel

Should we give Leb a round of applause...?
18th Place
Submitted by Muusu
Score: 6.9

Toxic by Britney Spears

Muusu claims this is worse than all their other subs. I’m conflicted because this is part annoying and part bop, so I’ll just let y’all be the eventual judge of that.
17th Place
Submitted by Lectrys
Score: 7.6

Paragon Rag by Scott Joplin

Once upon a time, there were only two songs and they were both written by Stephen Foster. (Please ignore the fact that I stole that joke from Seth McFarlane.) Then Scott Joplin came along and said “Hold my whiskey”.
16th Place
Submitted by Celever
Score: 7.8

Coyote by Joni Mitchell

It kinda sounds like something my mom would listen to on road trips.
15th Place
Submitted by Aura

Wednesday Morning, 3AM by Simon & Garfunkel

Seemed like just a fluffy little love song until halfway through. Kinda wish there was more to it, this is a story where I’d like some elaboration.
14th Place
Submitted by Bloody

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by The Beatles

But are those diamonds unbreakable?
12th Place (Tie)
Submitted by Andy Snype

Nobody by Judy Garland

My familiarity with this song is a brief Halloween joke sung by a skeleton. Nice to hear it in full and in Garland’s voice.
12th Place (Tie)
Submitted by Isa

Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) by The Beatles

I vaguely remember at some point last year or the year before, I told myself “The Beatles is a blanket 6.5.” Wtf was I thinking back then.
11th Place
Submitted by Logic

Let It Happen by Tame Impala

For some reason, Tame Impala is one of those bands I’m quite aware of but have slept on. I’ve slept on it a little too much, tbh.
10th Place
Submitted by gbsfranca

Go Do (Full Studio Version) by Jónsi

Interesting backing here. They fit well with the ethereal quality of the vocals.
9th Place
Submitted by RaceBandit

Hard Times by Gillian Welch

Simple, yet fine.
8th Place
Submitted by Dobby

Actor Out Of Work by St. Vincent

Lovely harmonies and chords here. Reminds me a bit of Metric, but Metric has never made me go “oh, YES” like when they started vocalizing behind the lyrics here.
7th Place (Dense Tie)
Submitted by catgode, energy, and LordQuas

Bad Guy by Billie Ellish

Great minds think alike. First heard this in her SNL live performance.
6th Place
Submitted by Aladyyn

Just A Girl by No Doubt

If I had a dollar for how many times they played this at the roller rink during my high school years…

I’m not complaining, I’d just like to try being rich.
5th Place
Submitted by shubaka
Score: 9.1

Laughing With by Regina Spektor

It’s actually been a while since I listened to Regina Spektor. Thanks for changing that.
4th Place
Submitted by nutella

Tightrope by Janelle Monae ft. Big Boi

I turned up my audio about two minutes in. Makes me wanna dance.
3rd Place
Submitted by leonard

Them Changes by Thundercat

Update from last walrus: I’ve listened to… part of Drunk. I know, I know, I said I should- which is pretty close to saying I would- but I made the mistake of trying to listen to it on YouTube’s mobile app. Nothing says mood killer like an album with 20 unblockable ads on it. By the time this walrus is over, I probably will have rectified that egregious mistake.
2nd Place
Submitted by Owner
Score: 9.4

Life On Mars by David Bowie

You went far down the playlist for this one and I am so glad you put the time and effort into your search.
1st Place
Submitted by termi [THEME WINNER]
Score: 9.6

Zombie by Fela Kuti

This slaps so hard my face still has the handprint. And it’s earned its bonus point. At the start, my brain went “Oh, baby, I wanna hear more of this.” 12 minutes passed and my brain hadn’t changed its tune. Yes, technically this means the song earned higher than a 10. I don’t mind that at ALL.
And our outro is Hyperballad by Bjork

leonard and nutella break through the bonus point barrier, taking first and second on the leaderboard. Aura Guardian and LordQuas tie for third.

Round 4 is Animal Magnetism Redux. Between tomorrow being Ash Wednesday and revealing on Thursday never happening, I have to adjust my usual 8 days a week schedule. We’ll go wild on Friday March 6th at 2pm CST.

[9:46 AM] PS2020: My schedule has been out of whack recently and I'm behind on judging. I'm rescheduling Animal Magnetism Redux to Monday, time pending while I figure out how global DST works after the EU referendum.
[9:48 AM] PS2020: Okay, to keep things eurofriendly, Animal Magnetism Redux has been rescheduled to Monday at 3pm CDT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)