[SV SPOILERS] The Pokemon Rumor Dumpster Part 3: Let's go, Sinnoh!

New pokemon games were announced today, and along with any new games comes rumours/fake leaks. Most of the time these are forgotten by the time the games actually come out, but this thread aims to preserve them for future generations. Feel free to post any prerelease rumours, regardless of questionability, and come back in 9 months to see if they are true when they come out.

Read these past thread OPs by Theorymon and Mega-Pokebattlerz if you want more details and some historical leaks:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-pokemon-rumor-printer.3650075/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-pokemon-rumor-dumpster-part-2-dlc-boogaloo.3661011/

I decided to make this thread mainly because the Let's Go Catching #leak was completely debunked today, and the "leaker" went as far even as to delete his account. Reminds me of the Pokemon King and Queen guy.
1614366646076.png

As for looking back on the past, this puzzling collage from the original thread about Gen 8 prerelease makes a lot more sense in hindsight. Pretty neat to look back and see what mons were there all along.
1614372444634.png

EDIT: High quality image added

Attachments

Last edited:
Okay, I don't know like what half of the Gen 8 one was alluding to, or am I just dumb (like the Machamp one)?
I can pick out a decent match for most of them, and I have also attached a higher quality image to assist in revealing these clues.

Here are my personal guesses from left to right/top to bottom. Keep in mind the perspective that this image was posted on July 14 2019, way before we knew most of the pokedex even existed. We may never know what was truly intended or if some of these even match up to anything, but I would say this image was rather prophetic for its time.

Fruit bat: Applin family
Clefable/Gengar: Morpeko
Spiderweb eye: Orbeetle?
Red crystal: Rolycoly/a Wishing Star
Knight: Zacian/Zamazenta/the statue?
Eevee kid: Eevee kid/Gmax Eevee?
Cave painting: The geoglyph of Gmax Toxtricity?
Ball cat: Eldegoss/Galarian Darmanitan?
Stick bug: Eternatus?
Teapot elephant: Polteageist/Copperajah
Dragon head: I don't know, some dragon type or even Charizard. If this accounted for DLC I would argue Regidrago.
Wooly shadow monster: (Gmax) Grimmsnarl?
Plesiosaur: Gmax Lapras
Duck knight: Sirfetch'd
Dog: Boltund
Cartoon squirrel: Skwovet
Wizard penguin: Eiscue
8-ball man: Galarian Weezing/Ball Guy
Soccer player: Cinderace
Spy: Inteleon
Gorilla: Rillaboom
Longcat: GMAX Meowth
Navi: Fairy type? Hattrem is a blue fairy.
Big sheep: Dubwool
Gargoyle: Stonjourner? Coalossal? Corviknight? This one is a stretch tbh.
Fat squirrel: Greedent
Moth: Frosmoth/Gmax Butterfree
5 sheep: Falinks/Wooloo
Bald Machamp: Grapploct/Gmax Machamp
Fat pikachu: GMAX Pikachu

I heard there's a Mew under the truck
This is mentioned in the previous thread OP! Definitely worth a read if you are interested in history.

Last edited:
One kind-of-relevant thing: About 2 weeks ago we had a rumor that:
  • there was going to be another Pokemon Presents in June before E3
  • while the Presents was going to include new Legends: Arceus info, the rest of the July - November prerelease period was going to only include monthly BD/SP info, with monthly LA info beginning only after BD/SP's release
Now that the release dates have been revealed, this seems a lot less likely:
  • Why would they not just put the release date reveals in the Presents?
  • LA presumably has much more new stuff to reveal compared to BD/SP, but with a January release, why would they have 5 info dumps dedicated exclusively to BD/SP, and only 2-3 dedicated to LA?
  • What would they even put in 5 BD/SP monthly info dumps? Even USUM only had 3.
It's looking like there won't be any more Pokemon info until E3, and it's also looking like there's going to be BD/SP and LA info revealed together between July and November.

• there was going to be another Pokemon Presents in June before E3
Now that the release dates have been revealed, this seems a lot less likely:
  • Why would they not just put the release date reveals in the Presents?
It's looking like there won't be any more Pokemon info until E3, and it's also looking like there's going to be BD/SP and LA info revealed together between July and November.
just commenting on the parts I left in:

this rumor, if fake, stems from historical reasoning. i actually expect TPC to hold some sort of event to provide more information on both games prior to E3. now it is fair to ask why they would announce a release date prior to whatever this event is, but it is also fair to point out that the lack of any type of trailer to coincide with the launch date announcement is pretty rare.

also, on your last point, TPC largely stays away from E3, so i highly doubt we will see any new pokemon information in Nintendo's E3 direct. it is definitely possible that we will receive information on treehouse or something else, though.

TPC largely stays away from E3, so i highly doubt we will see any new pokemon information in Nintendo's E3 direct.
Huh? We've never had an E3 direct without Pokemon saying something new (in the direct itself):
  • 2013: Fairy typing, Amie, new Pokemon, release date
  • 2014: English names of Primal Groudon/Kyogre, Primal Groudon's new typing, release date
  • 2015: No main series release this year, but still had a new Super Mystery Dungeon trailer that included stuff like new items
  • 2016: Surprisingly, Nintendo did not have an E3 direct this year
  • 2017: Main series Switch game to release in "more than a year"
  • 2018: Mew in Poke Ball Plus
  • 2019: Nessa

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok so time for me to ramble about one of the most interesting leaks I've seen recently and actually kinda buy into and not just because I'm fucking desperate for news on these games I swear.

1624581895308.png

Alright, so what's so special about this?

First off, I'd like to clear up it saying this happened "2 months ago": I got this screenshot here, which as of writing is 3 months old. Do some basic arithmetic and it seems this leak was made sometime in January. In addition, checking out the thread on Removeddit at this time says it's 6 months old, which once again places it at a late December/early January timeframe. Keep this in mind.

As you read through it, you'll quickly realize the most striking thing about the leak's contents: The fact they got the artstyle exactly right. Now, some people I've talked to have dismissed this as just a coincidence, but I think this is one of those things that's just too specific to be the case. Pretty much every single other leak I saw prior to BDSP's reveal suggested Sinnoh remakes would either use something resembling Let's Go's style or would be reimagined in full 3D using the SWSH engine. To my knowledge nobody even considered the idea of these games deliberately aping the visuals of their DS counterparts, if people had seen it coming it wouldn't have generated near the amount of controversy and discourse it did. It's not completely unquestionable that this was just an incredibly lucky guess, but it would be exactly that, incredible luck, especially since they even used common descriptors fans ended up adopting after the fact (Calling it chibi and comparing it to Link's Awakening more specifically). If anyone can find another leak made pre-release that correctly gets the artstyle whether it be on Reddit, 4chan or any other site please let me know.

Another thing that makes some skeptical is that there's quite a few bits of info here that seem blatantly incorrect or at the very least highly unlikely, those being:
-The titles
-LGPE catching mechanics
-Following/overworld Pokemon
-The release window

And while those are certainly things to keep in mind, I honestly think all of them have sufficient explanations for their presence.
-For the first 2 that seem blatantly incorrect, that could genuinely be intentional. I know that sounds like a cheap cop-out to rationalize this being real, but I'm dead serious. While I can't think of specific examples the people on the linked thread mention how in the past there have been legit leaks that intentionally threw in fake info to better cover their tracks and avoid Nintendo's ninjas. Keeping that in mind, think about this from the leaker's perspective, assuming this is real: You want to adopt this strategy, but what info should you lie about? Preferably something that would be debunked relatively early on while being insignificant enough in the grand scheme of things to not get people upset when it does get revealed to be false. The games' titles sound like a perfect candidate! So do LGPE catching mechanics, something which a lot of fans aren't particularly crazy for.
-If following and overworld Pokemon are in the game, the fact they're not in the reveal trailers and photos isn't surprising in the slightest. We saw this firsthand with SWSH, whose first gameplay didn't show overworld Pokemon where they are in the final game, and more notably the trailers for Isle of Armor completely neglecting to show following Pokemon at all (I still remember people discovering that and being collectively baffled they totally neglected to show such a fan-favorite feature in promo material).
-Finally, the late October release window. This one's easy: It seems like mainline game releases, while always having a window in mind, don't get the final dates decided until a few months in advance. It's totally possible that at the time this leak was made late October was the initial target but it got changed to November 19, perhaps for an extra month of polish. We're already seeing a deviation from the scheduling norm with Legends being a January 2022 release, so who knows?

Finally, one last interesting thing I wanna bring up is Lotad_Leak's posting history. Thankfully despite this post being deleted their account is still up, and the thing that sticks out to me is their join date. Remember, earlier I said that this leak was likely made in late December or early January, and yet the account was made 1-2 months prior on November 20, 2020. If we assume that they made no other posts between that time and the leak (which admittedly is impossible to verify afaik), that adds another peculiar wrinkle which, in my opinion, further elevates this leak's credibility. People shitting out a burner to make a fake leak on reddit before disappearing is nothing new, but consciously waiting for over a month is another tactic I have never heard of. If you are convinced this is 100% fake and I'm looking too deeply into all this then you gotta admit, consciously biding at least a month of time before posting a pretty simple fake only to immaculately guess such a distinctive artstyle that basically nobody else got right is nothing short of wild.

So yeah, that's my take on all this, and why I think this might be legit. As for the what's left in terms of predictions it all seems perfectly realistic to me with only the Megas/Dynamax thing seeming a little out there.

EDIT 1: doipy hooves verified the exact date of the leak was December 4, 2020, meaning OP waited exactly 2 weeks before making this one post. Seems very much like a pre-meditated waiting time: Whether this is a point for or against it is up to you.

EDIT 2: I looked over this again and I just noticed how the leaker themselves recommends readers to take the information presented with a grain of salt. Maybe I'm overanalyzing this, but maybe this is OP clueing us in that certain things are deliberately incorrect?

Last edited:
Now that the age of Gen 8 is coming to an end, let's review the events of the recent last leak cycle. Overall I'll only cover a few real leaks as I was there for them and it felt like these games didn't really have many other rumours that were interesting enough to get a following but also believable enough to gain credibility, especially BDSP, though Yung Dramps found a pretty neat one above. There was a lot of general dreaming about dynamax or megas and the battle frontier, but in the end it would not come to pass. I did find one minor prediction that didn't age well though.

1651953662654.png

(BDSP ended up using Unity.)

Pokey Masta was the primary source of the most common early BDSP footage of fights with gym leaders, which confirmed DP teams but also new moves and abilities. He used his two Switches to trade over the 3 starters into one game (and evolve Gengar) as seen from the first images with the Union Room and Rowan's introduction, and ended up getting stuck on the level limit for a while. Pokey did end up making a Discord server for the leaks, and responded to viewer requests by showing off menus and infamously the Battle Park covered by clouds with no map labels. He got up to Cyrus before his YouTube was taken down (and would never record with the capture card he bought), but did end up replying in a text to confirm Flint's team, and posting images of the Hall of Fame and the Mew gift afterwards. In the end, his Instagram was also taken down and the only text channel in his discord was deleted, leaving only a group call behind in the empty void.

These are various comments by Pokey that I found reposted from discord at the time.
1651967620401.png

1651967697504.png

1651967872278.png

1651967971003.png
tl;dr Source of early BDSP footage. Overall I feel like Pokey did a solid job of getting through and covering BDSP in the short time he had, and the details we got from the fights were really interesting to go through. He is the ideal straightforward prerelease leaker who just puts out gameplay for others to watch and doesn't make a big thing out of it for himself, but for the same reason he will be underrated forgotten to the sands of time. Pokey Masta showed almost every major battle in the game while poryleeks only managed to watermark the first hour of gameplay in the same timeframe.
Riddler Khu surpassed the original Chinese riddler in popularity this leak cycle, and even got into a big drama for it after falling out with Centro (used to be his private source?) for misinterpreting his hints and reposting them as emojis, leading him to start posting Twitter leaks himself. He had a few BDSP riddles with Jasmine having a new outfit, Diglett hunting in the underground, and legendaries being in Ramanas Park, and also mentioned the high quality rematches. Khu really went on a hot streak for Legends, where he hinted towards small things from Shiny Ponyta and Alolan Vulpix being mission rewards, to origin DP dragons being the final bosses and confirming the indian elephant in Raichu's dex entry would be revealed. The most (in)famous work of his was yet another collage hinting towards the new Hisuian forms in the games, gaining ground after the announcements of Hisuian Zoroark and later Voltorb.

1651953999061.png

1: Hisuian Typhlosion. The girl is a yokai watch named Hyakki-hime which means "hundred demon's princess". Since 1, 6, and 9 were originally posted as starter hints, this implied Typhlosion would be Ghost-type. Also in hindsight, Infernal Parade's Japanese name is a reference to the Hyakki Yagyō or "Night Parade of One Hundred Demons".
2: Hisuian Zoroark. The characters in this picture are Zoro and "Ghost Princess" Perona from One Piece.
3: Enamorus. In hindsight it's the heart cloud mon, but at the time we didn't have much information other than Khu later confirming it to be a new postgame mon.
4: Hisuian Voltorb. It's a pokeball.
5: Hisuian Lilligant. The hint is mainly about Arezu and what would be her noble warden. I'm not sure if there was anything else to it but people noticed Arezu had a green pendant for the grass-type and later Khu did these square dex number/type hints that ended up confirming it was Lilligant.
6: Hisuian Decidueye. The girl's japanese name Kotori means 'little bird' and being buff means that it was fighting type.
7: Hisuian Qwilfish. The cactus is a Cactuar from Final Fantasy and its 1000 Needles attack is named Harisenbon in Japanese, which has also been translated as Blowfish, and which Qwilfish is named after in Japanese.
8: Hisuian Goodra. It is a metal (steel-type) slug thing.
9: Hisuian Samurott. This is a Japanese puzzle where the moon is gekkou and the moth is ga. Gekkouga is Greninja's Japanese name, so Samurott would be Water/Dark as well.
10: Hisuian Avalugg. This is a planned aircraft carrier made out of ice (Project Habakkuk) which is what Avalugg was apparently based on.
11: Hisuian Sneasel. This is a picture of a manga called ESPer Mami and a story about the Kamaitachi which is a 'sickle weasel' yokai that cuts people with wind, which is what Sneasel and Razor Wind are based on.
12: Ursaluna. There were hints going around about an old bear pokemon evolving which were popularized by Centro covering it.
tl;dr Overall Riddler Khu has been an extremely consistent leaker so far and even if you don't follow him, you'll probably hear about his riddles and solutions from other such people as word spreads.
I'll also recap the story of poryleeks and the early Legends release. The story is pretty strange and I figure it's worth documenting somewhere as you would have to be following and cross referencing a bunch of different people at the time, but I'll spoiler it because it is pretty long and just covers events leading up to the game itself leaking. Note that this is just from an outsider perspective on what was talked about publicly and I have no idea what was truly going on behind the scenes.

Despite their name, poryleeks wasn't known for leaking rumours beforehand, but they were the first to have gameplay footage of Arceus. Poryleeks initially contacted a guy on Facebook who was the first to post about having the game and got some early screenshots out of him which implied the yet unrevealed isekai plot twist, but he also had his personal information public and he disappeared quickly. Later, a poryleeks member would obtain their own copy of the game from a reseller and host a discord stream with gameplay and stamp a watermark in the center, which was regretted later on. The stream would later end unexpectedly.

At the time, eclipse_tt, a prominent associate of poryleeks (along with his presumed alter ego "Ball Guy"), would announce that this was because people were "paying other people to enter the server" and that the stream was paused due to accounts that were "sneaking in". Poryleeks would later contradict this statement, denying the existence of an entrance fee and claim that the server was completely locked down with server invites being turned off, a stance they maintain to this day. I don't know the whole internal story so I won't make any hard judgments, but I feel like eclipse's claims are more genuine and on the spot than poryleeks defending themselves after the fact.

Although poryleeks was one of the only sources with the game at the time, this would mark the beginning of the end for their dominant reign of the rumour mill. Despite poryleeks publicly claiming that they wouldn't be dumping the game because it "wasn't their business" (1AM EST), later that day on January 19 all Legends model/sprite previews would be leaked via a Google Drive link around 9AM EST, revealing every Pokemon in the game. Poryleeks would tweet about this link's existence early on, but it turns out that they were more connected than publicly implied.

An original member named Daedra (video), claimed to see the models being shared in the chat and uploaded them without knowing that they were meant to be "exclusives" and saying that poryleeks was originally anti-gatekeeping and pro-public information (9:33 AM EST). Later that day Daedra would claim to be banned from poryleeks (9:53 AM EST), and that the torrent was being made (10:35 AM EST) and later that the upload was done (11:45 AM EST). The first public link (via Google Drive, now down) to Legends Arceus would be posted by the notorious hacker 4chan at 11:56:42 AM (49327405). Later they would also claim that the "leakers had the game 12 hours before everything", again implying that the game dump originated from poryleeks internally. 2 days later on January 21, Daedra would post screenshots of a discord suspension for piracy and numerous DMCA violations from Google for the links they hosted.

In the end, the poryleekers ended up continuing their playthrough to the end and posting clips on alternate accounts, but by that point the game was widespread. Eclipse_tt's original account would be banned from Twitter, and Centro got off free because he just retweeted and didn't post direct game footage himself. Legends Arceus would officially release a week later and none of this would really matter in the long run.
tl;dr The main source of early Arceus footage with a watermark. A renegade member likely leaked the game into the wild.

What of the present leaks today in the Gen 9 era? Well, Centro claims to have some exclusive information on the HOME update and apparently one of Khu's latest picture riddles for the month could imply a regional form for a Water/Ground type. Khu also leaked the top eight trainers in the anime recently so that's another thing going for him. Without major primary sources, Poryleeks has shifted to more of a meme twitter but also reminisces on the old days, acting more as a Centro archetype and promoting other people's leaks like the GBA NSO thing. Overall sources may come and go like corocoro and the pokemon TV shows not really debuting anything nowadays, but we still have a fair share of rumours to go around and there will always be early release previews. In the end, the game will be released regardless, but it's nice to reflect on the journey to the destination.

EDIT:

1651971797350.png

Also these slides got leaked soon around the initial announcement of Legends. Sneasler's silhouette was a mystery for a while and I remember people bringing up the DP book myth or Nuzleaf and Gallade for it. Kleavor was also thought to be some big explosion effect too at first. One thing that kind of annoyed me at the time is that they called the new battle system ATB but it's not in real time, it's more like a turn queue like FFX and other games.

Last edited:
It's been a while since the last update, and this is more like a meta one to explain what's been going on. If you haven't been aware of the recent leaks, we have been live in the middle of a major unprecedented leak season of insider information from SV development, and there was just too much to cover live every day in forum posts compared to a chat room, though I guess daily recaps could have worked but there were some controversial and uncertain times and now I feel is a good time to stop and look back.

Khu has kept going with his usual riddles, but in July a new challenger "Kaka" appeared on the field with blurry screenshots of gym leaders, giraffes, and starters, and proceeded to dump a lot of blatant info in the coming days, though recently he's been posting more hints and teasers and Kaka and Khu have actually been supplementing each others' information and cross confirming it. He is likely to be an internal employee working on the game based on various answers he's provided. Supposedly they heard about the leaks via youtube, his boss was mad and he's worked overtime, they've made the watermarks denser, but he still hasn't been caught. He's been pretty paranoid and has threatened to leave forever many times, but he's always come back so far with a new randomized name. He's been posting hints and answering questions daily lately, but he's grown tired of certain requests of if certain pokemon are in the game and has been blocking more often with no sign of accepting new followers.

Personally I've been following a discord that archives Kaka's posts to pass the messages on, but it can be tough to catch up on everything dumped all at once and especially through a stream of posts in a chat or social media medium. If you want to catch up on the latest leaks asynchronously, here's some sources of information that I personally want to shout out, ordered vaguely in directness.

Riddler Khu: https://twitter.com/Riddler_Khu
Since a major drama with Centro, Khu has gone public but vaguer, but he's been ramping back up to clarify things about the trailer and kaka posts, but as warning his past tweets can get pretty crude. As an aside, I want to explain why Khu and Centro have a major beef since I feel like most recent spectators do not understand the full context of why they don't like each other, which was before they started fueling the fire with their recent actions.

If you've followed Khu or Centro recently, you might know that their main source of bickering is generally about credit over leaks, and this has been a vicious cycle. Khu insults Centro in various ways for not giving him credit, usually watermarking his riddles with insults, and Centro responds by insulting him back and cropping out his name and not mentioning any sources, which ends up pretty confusing now that there are two leakers. Centro followers today don't even know who the primary sources are, which is my main problem with how he runs the account.

This all started off because of a certain PLA starter riddle. Before this, Khu and Centro were actually working together around when Centro was posting the HOME IOA move names, as can be ascertained from Centro's revealing of his initial DMs when villanously monologuing about his dramatic backstory from being friends to enemies with some vague threats between the lines.

To sum it up, this is the original Chinese Riddler of Gen 7 fame posting here about how Centro did not translate his riddle images properly and diluted them into emojis based on the surface images and missing the actual Japanese references as can be seen above. This is what Khu supposedly sent to Centro that he did not want to be posted and he broke a promise and butchered its meaning, which ended up causing the split between the two and Khu starting up his own riddles on his account. The bad blood would quickly escalate further when Centro would continue reposting information despite being asked to stop and being blocked, and Khu interjected with more crude insults and direct bait posts and this trend has continued to this day, recently with Khu also reacting angrily over misinterpretations from reddit and 4chan posts and lashing out with more severe personal insults, which garnered a lot of offense from his growing audience and caused more rumours to spin up. Centro still responds back but deletes to preserve his image, but he's also found a new info source to harvest in Kaka, making yet another false promise to not repost his screenshots and then doing so anyway when he went offline.

Overall, my take that the drama is very petty and both sides seem to be making a constant effort to instigate it, which becomes a vicious cycle. I care more about following the leaks than the drama, but I feel like I ended up understanding more about the drama than most fans of either side now, which is another conflict of its own. Personally in my experience the divide between both fanbases seems to be about consuming digestible content vs knowing the direct information from the primary sources; for example I personally noticed a lot of praise for Kaka at first came from Centro followers that had no idea who Kaka was, whereas now there's a lot of overlap with Khu followers now that Kaka has slowed down a bit. Honestly if you just follow Centro nothing changes for your user experience when another leaker shows up, you're still just following the same guy and his single interpretation of a twitter post that he was doing with Khu already. A cultural comparison would be translation vs localization or subs vs dubs.

Again, my main problem with Centro and other poketubers is that his style of posting does not promote media literacy and evaluation of quality of sources, which is a growing problem in this age of social media and fake news. He recontextualizes other people's information from various sources to post under his own brand (EDIT: his recent posts don't even differentiate between crediting the original source to kaka or khu) and doesn't provide any citations such as original scripts or translations to read from. It ends up that Centro followers usually take him at his word and repost claims as is without even knowing where it came from or what was implied, and this leads to misinformation easily being spread around in discussions where people come in with the mindset of being right more than being receptive to other interpretations. I think it's fine that he collects all this information as a public supplemental source to refer to, but where I draw the line is when people take him to be a primary source spreading facts without being aware of his past as a rumormonger spreading the word of "Pokemon Stars" and "Let's GO Johto" and apparently being a tyrant on Facebook, though recently he has been at it again with Switch Pro and Animal Crossing screenshots.

PokeSuutamie: https://twitter.com/PokeSuutamie
This tweeter usually provides some accurate translations whenever Kaka feels like speaking Japanese to certain questions, but doesn't cover everything Kaka posts otherwise. Definitely worth following to get better understanding than a machine translation most people will just take for certain.

"Blaze Incineroar": https://twitter.com/incineroarblaze
I mainly recommend this guy not for anything special but for the humble service of archiving Kaka's answers and images to the public. Sometimes he doesn't post the raw text and has his own interpretations, but in my opinion he does a better job than Centro and poketubers in that most of the time he actually credits and carries over the original context and corrects himself even when machine translating.

Compiled notes:
https://www.makio.it/pokemon/sv-dex/ - Pokedex of leaked lines so far
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_pFB0qKO2ljqksF-PvA8OvUPyF_WltsRBJvKbrdiOGs/edit - Google Doc collecting Kaka notes on pokemon
https://pastebin.com/NTE6YCCS - Original Kaka leak compilation from July (not maintained)

These are notes on known pokemon so far by people following kaka from the aforementioned discord. Some of this lies more in the range of speculation and so there are some more liberal interpretations of certain hints that may refer to the same pokemon and some parts are more theory-based or misinterpreted based on older translations, but overall I think these are a solid place to catch up on the Kaka Saga in one place. The dex itself has sources as well when clicking on pokemon which I appreciate.

EDIT: These are probably easiest to share with others if you really need to send them one link to catch up on unless some poketuber makes a comprehensive compilation video after all this ends.

Forums: While not my personal choice, apparently forums like bulbagarden and resetera have apparently been posting and discussing the latest posts as they come if you want to read things with the context of dates, though again some speculation can be questionable, like I remember hearing about resetera "insiders" going on about the gym leader image being from a trailer in July.

1660281003400.png

I want to mention some sources I personally am not big on but are still worth noting as I know they are widely digestible and have a lot of followers for that reason. I've mentioned my thoughts on Centro above in the spoiler and to sum it up, he does his job as an info collector but you always have to keep in the back of your mind to cross confirm with other sources. This goes for most poketubers and random twitter users as well and they probably use each other as sources anyway or scour 4chan for crazy predictions, which did end up with an insider getting the latest Presents right a day in hindsight but was pretty much a needle in a haystack.

1660280255147.png

Overall I'm not going to go around telling little Timmy to stop following his favourite poketuber for leaks or expecting the typical fan to be omnisciently aware of every source to my standards, but I do feel that the message gets more muddled the more layers removed you get from the original source like a telephone game, and even kaka himself messed up some of the details on terastallization at first on top of speaking in broken Japanese. I do actually think that the average kaka/poketuber follower is pretty young based on what his short-lived attempt at moving to a discord server looked like, which lasted an hour and was described as "unbearable" by kaka and led to him deleting the app.
1660280463605.png
I guess my overarching point with this post is that misinformation is a plague that can start and spread easily, especially when dealing with the subject of unclear leak rumours communicated via social media in the first place, and there's a lot of poor choices to wade through that don't make it easy to be informed if you're not already savvy as to where to look. Not even the insiders themselves are always right, like kaka mentioned a new Murkrow evolution but took it back later and kaka and khu have disagreed on some aspects like the details of terastallization and returning starters, though khu seems like he's more aware of those internal details like transfer only mons while kaka may be more of a playtester. It is worth noting that in the past Khu mentioned the square root being involved in the calculation for GV stats so there is precedent for this. There's always something to take a grain of salt with and we'll know for sure what's going on when the game actually comes out in a few months.

Last edited:
Now that things have mostly calmed down and kaka has seemingly left twitter for the time being, I thought I would do a compilation post of the leaked new pokemon we know so we can look back in the future and see what came to pass afterwards. It took longer than expected to dig everything up but I wanted to be thorough about it. This post ended up being so long because of all the URLs that I ended up making every twitter link use the i/web thing that the forum automatically converts into in order to post it under the 65000 character limit. They should still work and go to the correct tweets, but let me know if a link is broken at some point, because things can always get deleted.

For this post I will only be focusing on the new pokemon in the Paldea dex and the details we know of them, heavily based on the order and info from makio's dex website (click for more details/sources) mentioned above as a base as one of the last alive sources of information collecting everything in one place as the other doc was deleted, as well as using screenshots of kaka tweets from the "pokemon code crackin'" discord made for khu's riddles and ending up being for general leak discussion, and also the smogon discord leaks channel as another place to discuss and document screenshots with captions and also having access to translations from people like whitephoenixace and others that help us interpret some of kaka's tweets better. I won't be going over all the topics leaked right now like story stuff, returning pokemon (de)confirmations, or ability changes, but it's all pretty interesting and I wanted some kind of documentation on here to look back on.

As always, take a lot of things you hear (like speculated typings) with a grain of salt, especially with kaka as he's gone back and forth on some details. There are a bunch of details and clarifications I may have skimmed over in the process of making this post, since old sources for deleted tweets can be hard to track down, but if you want to discuss or ask questions about details I may have missed then I can try to find images for specific ones. In general I aimed to have at least one description for each line and tried my best to source every claim that I make to avoid misinformation. Sometimes I will link alternate compilations/translations as the best sources I could find instead and credit them as well.

If you've made it this far, these spoiler tags are your last warning before starting to get into spoiler territory. Also content warning in general because Khu can use crude language especially with Centro, though I won't embed those images within the post.
Here are some clarifications for some terminology before we get into it.
What is a paradox?
A paradox pokemon is based on an existing pokemon but is notably not a form, it has a separate name and dex number. For example, Koraidon and Miraidon are said to be paradoxes in story of Cyclizar. Although commonly mentioned as "ancient/past/future" forms based on their correspondence to Scarlet and Violet, Khu has stressed that these aren't an ancestor/descendant relationship but are more like things that shouldn't exist and don't originate from our reality, mentioning various terms to describe them and mentioning the meaning of paradox. For simplification I will just refer to paradoxes as "Past Xmon" but remember that they aren't forms.
"Paradox, 悖论, urban legends, 障眼法, past?, future?, truth?, bm, error, miss, trap, fault, bug, joke, reshape, conspiracy theory, dream come true, should’ve not existed, boom~"
Apparently the future paradoxes all have tetsu/iron as suffixes in their Japanese names.

What is a rfake?
Rfake is a term made up by Khu to describe certain pokemon that look like existing pokemon but are completely different species. He mainly describes them as "memes" and mentions even the pokedex makes fun of the similarity. The two we know of are a Water-type Diglett based on an eel and a Grass Tentacool based on a mushroom.

What is a loveletter?
Kaka has closed his twitter account, but before he did he was taking questions via a loveletter website and was continuing to answer them for a while afterwards. You can find all his answers here: https://love-letter.club/mes/kako/bonobon_ponopon/

Note that sss means Yes for Kaka answers. This is confirmed by kaka answering Yes to a question about Paradox Hariyama, and later answering Sss to the same question.

Note that questions are sorted by the asking date, so there are a lot of "time overed questions" he refused to answer up front that he received after closing his account.
Based on Khu's graphic, there are 103 new pokemon in the game, with 2 more if you count potential DLC (TBD), and excluding the regional formes of Tauros and Wooper. This matches with Kaka's guess of 103-106. Here's how it all fits together.
dex

"45 lines + 5 cross gen evos + 16 [paradoxes], not counting form lines, like bulls" - Khu
"400 [regional dex]" - Kaka

Starter types generally hinted by Khu's masters screenshot with corresponding starter types and item types. (edited version by IncineroarBlaze and taken from Centro)
starters

Kaka: sing, step, flower (describing starters?)
There is nothing special about the SV starters aside from moves - Suutamie translating Kaka

Sprigatito: Grass
Sprigatito2: Grass / Dark? (second evos not confirmed)
- Kaka implies it starts standing (4 2 2)
- Supposedly uses a yoyo/wand type weapon.
wand
yoyo

Sprigatito3: Grass/Dark
- "Grass got the features from mask, clown, and gentlemen thief" -Khu
- Khu says it has a "god hidden ability" and described it as the strongest of the starters, though he had not seen the movepool.
- Khu says it stands up.
- Kaka has mentioned that starter hidden abilities are not new.
- Kaka used a magic wand emoji to describe it.
- Kaka posted a screenshot of its neck (identified by Khu) and a pokedex image describing it as the Magician Pokemon.
sprigatito

khu

magician

Quaxly: Water
Quaxly2: Water / Fighting?
Quaxly3: Water / Fighting
- "Water blent the features from dance and peacock" - Khu
- Kaka has described it using a dancer emoji and made a specific comparison to a peacock looking dancer.
- "[duck] isn't [pirate]"
- "[duck] is [dancer]" "Yes"
- Kaka: Tsareena has a one-way rivalry with it. (Suutamie)
- Kaka implies it always stands (2 2 2)
quaxly

quaxly

khu

dancer

Fuecoco: Fire
- Khu hinted that its reaction to food was related to a hidden ability, possibly implying Gluttony (not confirmed).
- Kaka has mentioned that starter hidden abilities are old/not new.
Fuecoco2: Fire / Ghost?
- "middle stage got a flame egg on head. It also looks like a hat in the round" - Khu
Fuecoco3: Fire / Ghost
- Kaka used a singer emoji to describe it and implied it has a singing move.
- Kaka on fuecoco being a singer pokemon
- Kaka implies the final evolution is quadruped (2 2 4)
- Khu implies there is [something that looks like] a bird on its head with an image with a lot of harsh words against Centro.
- Notably, "gwjse" is in the bottom right of the image which is a hint towards its Chinese name, which is speculated to be Ghost King Chicken Burn Crocodile (credit to HHJan and the code cracking discord).
Kaka made MS paint sketches of the starters final forms. Here they are (with added contrast).
starters

Lechonk: Normal
Lechonk 2: Normal/???
- Hinted early by Khu with an image of a black pig
- We saw a blurry image of it from Kaka
- The shiny is white.
- Kaka posted different gifs of eyeliner and messy crying from Mulan for the female and male evolutions.
- Kaka: "hint for both each"
lechonk2

Pawmi: Electric
Pawmi2: Electric/Fighting?
Pawmi3: Electric/Fighting
- Kaka liked Pawmi.
- Kaka mentioned it has a 1PP move that can revive allies (deepl translation) and mentioned the Revive item's Japanese name explicitly (Vitality Fragment).
- Kaka posted an image of its 3rd evolution, identified by Khu
- Khu: Pawmi 3 stage, and you saw it
- Kaka: [pink pawmi], not sure what he means unless referring to a shiny
(EDIT) - Kaka: "Pawmi evo's type is electric and fighting" (hex to ASCII translation needed, see below)
pawmi3

Smoliv: Grass/Normal
Smoliv2: Grass/Normal (likely)
Smoliv3: Grass/Normal (likely)
- Kaka said it is an "Olive tree" (convert hex to ascii) and hinted its type to remain grass/normal with the tera image of Eevee's crown.
- Khu posted an image of an olive wreath to hint to it. (harsh language)
- Kaka thinks its ability is [good]

In general Kaka mentioned that there are 3 dogs (that evolve once) (and are monotype), and Khu mentioned there being puppy mons.
Fidough: Fairy
- Khu hinted its existence with an image of a doge being cut into bread slices.
Fidough2: Fairy
- Kaka answered in a loveletter that the Fidough evolution is red and brown.

Ghost dog: Ghost
Ghost dog 2: Ghost
- Kaka mentioned a ghost dog (Suutamie)
- Kaka's favourite of the new dog pokemon

Dark dog: Dark
Dark dog 2: Dark
- Kaka initially mentioning the 3rd dog is Dark type in Japanese

Khu had a riddle about a computer program with various "bugs" in the code and mentioned the number of bugs.
- Later he would confirm it was 3 bugs in his riddle compilation (NSFW language).

Spider: Bug
Spider2: Bug
- To a response to adrive asking for a bug pokemon, Khu mentioned it was hinted in trailer 1 with spiderwebs.
- Kaka: spider is bug type
- Kaka: yes to question asking if spider evolves (x3)
- Kaka: Spider full type is bug
- Kaka posted an image of tarantula in banana box

Dung beetle/scarab: Bug
Dung beetle 2/scarab: Bug/Psychic (implied)
- kaka mentioned it in Japanese
- kaka did not like it
- kaka: non evo is only bug
- kaka loveletter answer to evolution type question

Kamen Rider/Grasshopper: Bug
Kamen Rider/Grasshopper 2: Bug/Dark
- Implied by Khu as a "cool japanese bug" answer and then later mentioned a kamen rider pokemon exists (full image from tweet) but not Bug/Fighting
- Kaka mentioning a grasshopper bug
- Kaka confirmed grasshopper evolves once (emoji does not show but he saw the grasshopper emoji)
- Khu tweeted that it had a new type combination (NSFW language), implying it was between Bug/Normal, Dragon, or Dark
- Kaka individually deconfirmed Bug/Normal and Bug/Dragon with a thinking emoji, leaving Bug/Dark as the only other type
- Kaka on Bug/Dark: 0p0

Seagull/Waterfowl: Electric/Flying
Seagull/Waterfowl 2: Electric/Flying
- Khu hint: mizudori, denki and chips
- Kaka mentioned Electric type
- Kaka answered the Electric bird is also flying
- Kaka mentions electric bird evolves once

Parakeet: Normal/Flying
- Khu: inko, HM02 (parakeet, fly)
- Typing confirmed by Kaka in a loveletter

Flamingo: Flying/Fighting
- Kaka used an emoji of a plane and a fist and a flamingo to hint its type
- Khu hinted it as "things we know" with an image of Flamenco Oricorio.
- Kaka posted a blurry image.
flamingo

Ostrich: Psychic
Ostrich2: Psychic
- Apparently Kaka mentioned it resembles Cleopatra, specifically the hairstyle.
- Kaka: colorful
- Kaka saying the ostrich does not have another typing
- Kaka: ostriches evolve once
- Khu: datyo (ostrich=dacho?), beauty guru (gym leader?)

Cetitan prevolution: Ice
- Khu described Cetitan's prevo as cute. (screenshot)
Cetitan: Ice
- Khu used a bearded wailmer to hint at it and said you would understand when you see its dex entry

Dolphin: Water
Dolphin2: Water
- Pure water answer
- Kaka mentioned that the dolphin evolves, sketched it, and mentions it stands.
dolphin

Frog: Electric/??? (Psychic?)
Frog2: Electric/??? (Psychic?)
- Khu riddle: anime electric railgun girl + frog song
- Kaka posted a ton of gifs about frogs and electricity (plasma ball) (rotom plasma) (laying frog) (kermit) (tadpole + electric arc)
- Kaka: Electric + ?
- Kaka: two leg stand
- Kaka said ? to someone asking if the psychic leader uses a psychic/electric frog
- Kaka: "tell us about the frog" "it evolves" [Japanese]

Hake Fish: Water/???
- Khu answered that there is a cool new fishmon that this may be, though there are other fish
- Khu hint: meruruusa, 轻 (merluciidae fish) (light as in weight)
- Mentioned it is not only Water type. (Suutamie translation)
- Image posted by Kaka as a goodbye on twitter. Confirmed to be fish via loveletter
- Kaka: cant fly
- Kaka: does not evolve
fish

Hammer girl: Steel/Fairy
Hammer girl 2: Steel/Fairy
Hammer girl 3: Steel/Fairy
- Kaka mentioned a mon with a hammer and Khu called it a waifu and an E4 ace (weird language)
- Kaka: Steel confirmation (via steel man gif, first result if you search steel on tenor)
- Kaka: 3 evolution stages via emojis

Coin: Ghost
- Khu had a riddle about the coin mons existence (harsh language) based on a common English riddle (what has a head and tail but no body? a coin)
- Khu posted an image of treasure with some key words (108, cell, gen6, pee)
- Khu compared its obtain method/difficulty to Spiritomb in PLA (108 spirits)
- Kaka said the coin is ghost type
Coin 2: Ghost/Steel (implied)
- "GOLD NINGEN" - Kaka
- Note: The word ningen means human and probably not the modern folklore whale thing from google.
- Kaka compared its appearance with a picture of a golden sudowoodo from the anime with an added skateboard emoji.
- Khu: Gen6 tells the type of the coin, pee means its evo is liquid metal stuff (screenshot), implying sharing a type with Aegislash possibly

Pepper: Grass/Fire
Pepper2: Grass/Fire
- Khu mentioned the existence of a Grass/Fire type that wasn't Smoliv.
- Khu: Habanero
- Kaka: "Double small paprika headed pokemon taste chili"
- Kaka: paprika is 2 stage
- Kaka: Habanero Kappa (Suutamie translation)

Fire: Fire/???
- Split evo based on game.
- Warrior Scarlet, Blade Violet
- Kaka's favourite new line.
- Kaka mentioned having to defeat a number of Bronzor or Sinistea for an item to evolve it (double confirming the relation), depending on Scarlet or Violet.
- "It's about collecting specific items that come out when you [KO] them, so there's no fixed number of times..."
- Khu used an image of two fire people to describe it.
Fire Warrior: Fire/???
- Kaka used images to say a mon looks like a knight and mentioned its name is based on Cyndaquil/sparks/an animal crossing ostrich that looks like a phoenix (Hinoko)
- saying Hinoko is part of the japanese name
- Kaka used an image of gilgamesh from fate to describe it. (Suutamie)
Fire Sword/Blade: Fire/???
- Kaka mentioning it has an unknown dual type
- Kaka likes blade better

Crystal/Poison Flower: Poison/Rock
Crystal/Poison Flower 2: Poison/Rock
- Seen in an image from Kaka with the poison terastal active.
- Kaka: [the picture] already evolved
- Kaka using a skull and crossbones emoji for poison
- Kaka: one evolution
- Kaka smirking to a Poison/Rock guess
- Khu hints: CuSO4, karukan (chalcanthite) + hana (flower) (SoulSilverArt compilation)
flower

Salt: Rock
Salt2: Rock
Salt3: Rock
- Minecraft hinted from both Kaka (SALT + Minecraft image) and Khu, appearance related (blocky).
- Khu: minecraft, ganen (rock salt - Suutamie)
- Kaka: salt, salt evo1, salt evo2 looks like block mixed with [minecraft] character

Engine: Poison/Steel
Engine2: Poison/Steel
- Hinted from Khu to be in the car in the 3rd trailer, explicitly mentioning typing
- Kaka: "only tires" to a leg question
- Kaka: engine evolves once (Suutamie)

Tumbleweed: Grass/Ghost
Tumbleweed2: Grass/Ghost
- Khu posted "tumbleweed"
- Kaka mentioned Grass type and said it wasn't ground and said the other type is "G" which leaves Ghost as the other possible type starting with G.
- Explicitly not grass/ground
- "yes evo"

Spray/Lemur/Mouse: ???
Spray/Lemur/Aiai 2: ???
- Khu hints: aiai (aye-aye the animal), spray
- Speculation: spray paint? Kaka was confused when asked about a spray paint pokemon though.
- likely not normal/poison
- Kaka: mouse (not the other family) evolves to aiai
- Kaka "remembered" something seeing someone post the masked trainer and a lemur

Mouse: Normal/?
Mouse 2: Normal/?
- Kaka: mice couple, mice family
- Khu: nezumi + [Parental Bond in Chinese] (could be literal meaning based on other riddles being descriptions, doesn't necessarily confirm it has the ability)
- Normal type confirmed by Kaka (Suutamie translation)
- kaka explicitly answered mouse couple evolves into mouse family

Crab: Rock
- boss pokemon
- Khu hints: kegani (Horsehair crab), boss (Suutamie translation)
- Posted a gif of a man under a rock (Suutamie)
- Answered "Sss"/yes to pure rock via loveletter (x2)
- Crab does not evolve

Earthworm: Steel
- Kaka confirmation: Steel worm, pure Steel
- Boss pokemon
- 2.5m long
- Khu hints: mimizu, boss (Suutamie)
- Kaka: the worm was in trailer [2] (the digging scene)
digging

Kaka's sketch of what is probably the worm.
worm

Large Bird/Crane: Flying/???
- Khu: ootori, boss
- Kaka posted an image of a crane and a secretary bird
- Kaka: crane doesn't evolve
- Kaka: type is Flying + ?

Sushi Fish (duo): Water/Dragon
- Kaka: Sushi pokemon =dragon type
- Hidden ability may have some effect with the "sushi master" part of its duo, hinted with an incomplete description in Japanese
- Suutamie thinks something will come out when sent out and the other pokemon is on the field

Sushi Master / Catfish (duo): Water
- Kaka: relationship not what we expect, didn't understand the oyakata/sushi master questions at first
- He says oyakata not in dex but at some point he was saying that he doesn't understand if you ask about specific species names that aren't in the pokedex and mentioned sushi master specifically so he might be referring to how it isn't called an oyakata ingame.
- Khu was describing it as an oyakata/sushi master
- kaka calls it a big catfish here
- Khu mentioned that the lake boss pair was hinted (could be Donphans or this duo?), someone asked kaka about it and he mentioned sushi does have a duo but it's not a master
- "[catfish] is only water" - Kaka
- Kaka: H2O [is the type of the pokemon related to the sushi water/dragon]

Cyclizar: Dragon/Normal
- The box legends are paradox versions of this bike lizard (sources in the legendary section)
- Implied by Khu as being a bikemon hinted before

Pseudolegendary: Dragon/Ice
Pseudolegendary 2: Dragon/Ice
Pseudolegendary 3: Dragon/Ice
- Kaka hinted type with emojis (dragon and ice cube/snowman/snowing/snowflake)
- Hint that it's a 3 stage
- He wasn't sure if it was part of the "600 club" (Japanese term for pseudos) at first.
- Kaka talked about a glacier/icicle pokemon that he later confirmed was this (in the 600 club).
- Khu posted an image of Kyurem as "things we know", hinting its type.

RFAKES

Diglett Rfake: Water
- Kaka confirmed mono water
- Khu hinted early on with fanart saying that they somehow nailed it (suutamie translation)
- Khu mentioned it is pink
- Khu: You can have a team with both diglett and fake diglett.
- Khu: DS and HDS (Chinese names)
- Khu on the term rfake: Nope, this fan term comes form a mistake. At first I thought eel mon was a regional form of diglett. But it just ended up being a new mon. And RF and RF, I just thought that form could also be replaced with fake to correct this mistake, so this term debuted.
Dugtrio Rfake: Water
- Kaka mentioned "something like Dugtrio" exists (Google translate)

Tentacool Rfake: Grass/Ground?
Tentacruel Rfake: Grass/Ground?
- Khu had a poll for an rfake of a Gen 1 water type that crawls to land, between Seel, Krabby, Lapras, and Tentacool
- Kaka hinted by saying "mimimimimimikyu" (implying a mimic), jelly ear mushrooms, talking about eating mushrooms, and then just posted a picture of Tentacool and calling it a mushroom lookalike
- Kaka replied it evolves
- Kaka mentioned the Tentacool mushroom is Grass + ? type
- Kaka mentioned a Grass/Ground exists and this is one of the only candidates for it
- Khu: RFake jelly is edible and delicious and even being ingredients of Titan popular cuisines.

CROSS GEN EVOLUTIONS
Khu mentioned the numbers 1 2 2 2 5 implying the gens they are from.
Khu mentioned some chinese pinyin abbreviations "74H TW LQL TLJJ etc, not 100% sure of these cause i saw them months ago so the memories were fading." These are in about dex order of Primeape/Wooper/Girafarig/Dunsparce and are explained below, credit to HHJan and the code cracking discord for chinese name explanations.
Kaka mentioned a Murkrow evolution early on but took it back later.

Primeape evolution: Fighting/Ghost (1)
- Kaka's hint: "this world" (machine translation from IncineroarBlaze)
- WhitePhoenixAce translation: "[primeape] evolution hint. This world (or age)"
- He said Mankey at first but corrected himself later. Note that primeape doesn't "tip the world", tips is more like a hint as translated earlier for whatever it means.
- Kaka posted an emoji drawing of it.
- Khu mentioned some characters (74H) that was speculated that in pinyin could mean anger to death monkey.
primeape evo

Bisharp evolution: Dark/Steel (5)
- At first Kaka said Pawniard but he corrected himself later to Bisharp
- Kaka confirmed the type stays the same.
- Kaka posted various image possibilities for what it could be based on, with a bonus image
- Kaka mentioned a rook and a king emoji for some reason.

Dunsparce evolution: Normal (2)
- Khu replied to someone to imply its existence early on.
- Kaka paraphrased: "Dunsparce's evolution doesn't change much, it's just a little bigger." (IncineroarBlaze google translation of original tweet)
- Kaka saying dunsparce evo is only normal type (Suutamie translation)
- Apparently one of Khu's pinyin hints is speculated to mean that its Chinese name goes from ending "little brother" in Dunsparce to "big sister" (Tulongdidi to Tulongjiejie = TLJJ).

Girafarig evolution: Psychic (2)
- One of the pictures we saw from Kaka early on.
- Kaka gave some palindromic giraffe name hints with a full word being spelled out and reversed (Eeveevee, tailiat, Koalalaok)
- Girafarig's chinese name has QLQ (qilinqi) so it is probably the LQL mon
girafarig evo

Paldean Wooper evolution: Poison/Ground (likely) (2)
- Mentioned that Paldean Wooper does not evolve into Quagsire and instead into a different species.
- Kaka: brown
- Khu: its evolution name in Chinese hinted by a book called Land King, Quagsire is "Swamp King" (Zhaowang), TW could be Tu Wang for Soil King.

REGIONAL FORMS
Paldean Wooper: Poison/Ground
- Evolves into a new non-Quagsire pokemon as mentioned above.

Paldean Tauros A: Fighting (black bull)
Paldean Tauros B: Fighting/Fire? (red bull)
Paldean Tauros C: Fighting/Water (blue bull)
- There are 3 different Tauros forms, mentioned explicitly by Kaka (deepL translation) (and the original is in also), probably in different parts of the region (speculation)
- Khu hinted this early on with an image of a bull copy pasted 3 times and the numbers 1, 2, 5 to represent gens with bulls/cows (Tauros, Miltank, Bouffalant).
- Khu mentioned the colours of the bulls (black, red, blue) to end the guessing game, implying the colours match the types
- Kaka hinted one monotype and two dual types
- Kaka on tauros types having overlap
- Kaka on "r1" being pure type and Fighting
- Kaka crossed out a ton of type possibilities for the Tauros, leaving fire, water, electric, grass, ice, fighting, poison
- Kaka on red tauros being fighting and something else (implied Fire from Khu)
- Kaka on blue tauros being water and fighting

PARADOXES
Kaka mentioned that all paradoxes are dual type, and also mentioned an incomplete list of what appears to be types with >1 representation, though it's hard to say.
"4 electric, 5 fighting, 3 fairy, 3 dragon, 3 darks, 2 ground"
Kaka confirms paradoxes do not evolve.
Kaka implied that no paradox is Normal type. There are a bunch of guesses on types he deconfirmed like no Dark for Jigglypuff but I won't get into all those details.
Khu mentioned that some paradoxes have some shared ability, similarly to Ultra Beasts.
"You could refer to UB, some of the new concept mons share a new mutual ability."
Khu described all the paradoxes in words.
"Paradox: boss_A moth mushroom mag 月 balloon wizard S; boss_B moth pigtails sumo c鸡 班 santa V."
Khu originally mentioned 2 pseudos had new concept counterparts, one for each type (past/future), but then amended it to 3.

Past Amoonguss: Grass/???
- khu: mushroom
- Minisprite seen from a Kaka avatar.
- Kaka confirmed it drops Poison.
amoonguss

Past Jigglypuff: Fairy/???
- khu: balloon
- Seen from a Kaka avatar with fangs.
- Kaka confirmed it keeps Fairy, drops Normal, does not have Dark (confirming Fairy+???) or Poison.
jigglypuff

Past Misdreavus: Ghost/Fairy
- Khu: wizard?
- Kaka's type of his favourite paradox is Ghost/Fairy
- kaka answers sssss to misdreavus being ghost/fairy
- Kaka hint: "Ancient 200 [dex number]" (Suutamie)
- Kaka confirmed type with smiling and shushing emojis.

Past Volcarona: Bug/Fighting (implied)
Future Volcarona: Fire/Poison (implied)
- Khu: moth x2
- Volcarona has a past and future form.
- Kaka: [637 is getting] both
- Khu mentioned a Gen 5 future bug that was not bug type anymore.
- Khu implied types with a picture of Pheromosa and Salazzle, implying Bug/Fighting and Fire/Poison if the pattern of implying paradox types holds true.
- Kaka: no shared types, fully different
- Kaka mentions one Volcarona loses Fire and one loses Bug.
- Khu mentioned the past Volcarona looks like Larvesta.
- Among a string of random Japanese tweets, Kaka mentioned どくが which can mean poison fang or poison moth. (Suutamie)

Past Salamence: Dragon/???
- Kaka mentioned a new Salamence in response to someone asking about pseudos
- Part of the pseudo paradoxes Khu mentioned
- Khu: 月 = moon = "blood-soaked crescent" wings shape?
- Kaka mentioned it changes its Flying type.

Past Donphan: Ground/Fighting (implied)
Future Donphan: Ground/Electric (implied)
- Khu: boss_A and boss_B
- Donphan has a past and future form, implied by Khu as being hinted before and posting "2 3 2" (its dex number) once and saying how it was misinterpreted as not being a dex number.
- Kaka mentioned both Donphan keep Ground and that there are 2 Ground paradoxes, so Donphan are probably the only Grounds.
- Kaka mentioned the existence of a Ground/Fighting type and this is one of the only candidates for it.
- Khu posted a picture of Unovan Stunfisk, possibly implying a Ground/Electric paradox and Donphan would be one of the only candidates.

Past Mag (Magneton?): ???/???
- Khu used "mag" to describe a paradox and said it was "the dumbest"
- Apparently Kaka said Magneton was getting something in July (Japanese) (Google Translate), so people suspect it to be Magneton, though later he was confused when people asked him about Magneton and Magikarp.

Future Delibird: Ice/Water (implied)
- "santa"
- Kaka: keeps Ice, loses Flying (keeps Ice image alone) (loses Flying proof x2)
- Khu posted a picture of Spheal with the caption "launch it". Assuming these past images are directly implying paradox types, Delibird is the only Ice/Water candidate.
- Kaka: "Future Santa" (Suutamie)

Future Gallade/Gardevoir/Kirlia: Fighting/??? (possible Fairy)
- Kaka called this a future Gallade but Khu disagrees, mentioning it to be a "hardcore queen" with "pigtails"/hair like Kirlia and having shared elements.
- Khu posted an image of an archer (harsh language against Centro) after mentioning this mon and said it was for a 'just mentioned mon'.
- Khu's favourite paradox is the "hardcore queen archer"

Future Hariyama: Fighting/???
- Khu: "sumo"
- Kaka mentioned that the sumo/Arm Thrust pokemon gets a mirai (Suutamie translation)
- Kaka: keeps Fighting, and 2x confirmation with sssss answer confirming sss means yes

Future Tyranitar: ???/???
- Part of the pseudo paradoxes Khu mentioned
- Khu mentioned the first character of its Chinese name (班) implying it is the pseudo represented.

Future Hydreigon: Dark/Flying
- Confirmed to be the third pseudo paradox origin mentioned by Khu when Kaka answered "many heads".
- By exclusion this is the c鸡 (referring to "centro chicken") hint.
- Khu posted a riddle with Vullaby and Mandibuzz asking how many heads they have, implying Dark/Flying and Hydreigon (3 heads for 2 birds + 1 skull)

Past Suicune: ???/???
Future Virizion: ???/???
- Kaka: New pokemon have been removed Ancient 245 Future 640 (Suutamie ver)
- Kaka used shrugging emojis when asked about types implying he doesn't have much details on them.
- Both Kaka and Khu imply that these were removed/may not be in the vanilla game and are being saved for DLC content.
- Together their names combine to make SV (S, V from Khu)

LEGENDARIES
Yuyu/Fish: Fire/Dark
Dinglu/Deer: Ground/Dark
Jianbao/Leopard: Ice/Dark
Jianwo/Snail/slug: Grass/Dark
- These are a quartet of 4 sublegendaries.
- Khu: names are in Chinese pinyin
- Kaka on where you find the sublegends
- Types come from Kaka posting images of 4 pokemon sharing those types, and Khu quoting this with "pinyin time" implying they are for sublegends as said above
- Khu mentioned animals (first words) and typings. (yuyu fire) (ground dinglu) (jianbao) (jianwo)
- Speculation mainly focuses on either being based on the Four Perils (the malicious counterparts to the mythological creatures the Therian formes are based off of) or animal-shaped containers with the later revelations of an animal basis from Khu.
- Kaka: W C T C
- Khu: W Y L B, species

Koraidon: Dragon/Fighting
Miraidon: Dragon/Electric
- Types hinted by Khu early on, using a masters promo to hint using Kommo-o and Zekrom.
- The 5 forms mentioned early on was just about the rideable forms, not all usable in battle.
- As said, they can be treated as paradoxes of Cyclizar (Khu) much like the Gen 7 box legendaries can be said to be Ultra Beasts, but it can be argued to not include them either way.
- Kaka also agrees that they are paradoxes of Cyclizar
- Kaka says that you get 2 copies of the legendary and you can use them to agree to a trade for the other.
- Kaka hinted incomplete Japanese ability names (Khu confirmed they were box legendary ability names) and smirked at a guess of "Scarlet Beat" and "Halogen Engine"
- Kaka: they have unique hold item, may be the same one but he only remembers Miraidon's result

Finally, here are some miscellaneous images that aren't explicitly matched to a specific pokemon.
Credit to makio & jroses on twitter for compiling these, though note the main tweet is under an age restricted wall for spoilers I assume.
I'm not sure what they all correspond to but they are of things in the game, though some are of old mons as seen in the thread.

collage

Apparently these include the crab and hammer fairy according to kaka.

Also this green thing is an rfake (probably tentacool) since it was posted with images identified to be Salazzle, Greedent, and Phanpy.
rfake pic
green
EDIT:
1661665385011.png

Attachments

Last edited:
It's been a month, there's a new trailer coming out tomorrow in less than 12 hours and the Orange Islands thread is locked until then, so now is about a good time to update this thread with the latest leak information, though there hasn't been that much going on lately. We've gotten a fair share of official reveals confirming things and there's still a lot yet to be seen so we'll see what gets revealed tomorrow.

This basically serves as an addon to the last post that I cannot edit because it is at the character limit. This will still be focusing on mainly individual pokemon details we know for sure and not really plot spoilers or other things for the most part unless it's blatantly said like gym leader types, and I'll leave those behind a link if so. Again I recommend https://www.makio.it/pokemon/sv-dex/ for a convenient source to browse through and share the compiled dex info in one place.

I was updating this for a while as events happened early on + some things I missed, though I stopped around when the September trailer dropped and now I'm just catching up, though not a lot has happened pokemon-wise. Overall I'm feeling like this is about the time where we might get the paradox reveals, since we've already gone through main story bosses last time unless we want to get more about those again.

Old mon I missed from Khu/Kaka: The 3rd legendary's details were undecided and maybe DLC and "Explains the face on the base of Terra ornaments."
Later on 9/8/2022 Khu would mention that "you would see 3 more brand new pokemon in game" and to "wait for November", implying that the 3rd legend and Past Suicune/Future Virizion would have data in the game at launch at least. Replies clarified that two were teased by spoon (Kaka) and one was what he teased.

10/5/2022:
New promotional art from the Korean website is accidentally revealed.

9/30/2022: Ed Sheeran's new song Celestial is featured in Scarlet and Violet, hinted by Khu on August 18.

9/29/2022: Khu comments on rfakes after the Wiglett reveal, mentioning that the "design of paradox and rfakes are on the same vibe" and also that balloon/Jigglypuff is not a vampire and instead has an "aboriginal" theme.
Khu on Wiglett's evolution's name: "Wugtrio, it's obvious now."

9/26/2022: Kaka provides more hints to the 4 sublegendaries, implying they are sealed in various objects (talisman/ofuda, ball/orb, vessel/container, sword)
- a picture of a goldfish with large cheeks
- clarification of ofuda, like Cleanse Tag

9/23/2022:
Kaka says that you can get Galarian Meowth without HOME by trading ingame with your language teacher, and that it is not in the dex.
Kaka says that [Johto] Wooper is another form available without HOME.
Kaka says no Eternal Flower Floette.

9/21/2022:
Kaka on the Team Star boss types, previously hinted with 5 colours.

9/14/2022: Kaka giving the recommended gym order by level and location.
Kaka giving the recommended titan order by type, also saying they don't scale.

9/13/2022: Khu double confirms Girafarig evo's english name is a palindrome.

9/12/2022: Kaka gives polls for the number of new abilities (21-40) and moves (46-65) in SV.
Kaka says there are more than 25 new abilities, including renamed old ones, like another Queenly Majesty apparently, though he has been shaky on this info in the past like when thinking False Surrender was a new move.
Kaka says there are more than 50 new moves, maybe.

9/8/2022:
Kaka reveals the Japanese kanji for each Titan boss's title (ex: Clawf is the Stony Cliff titan), tweet via Centro.
岩壁 潜鋼 大空 偽竜 土震 - Stony Cliff - Lurking Steel - Vast Sky - False Dragon/Dinosaur - Dirt/Earth Shaking
Kaka says yes via penguin gif to the hake fish being Water/Psychic type.

9/7/2022: New official trailer reveals the rock crab boss and the split evo fire mons.

9/4/2022:
Kaka confirms that the box legendaries are included in his list of paradox types, taking 2 dragon slots and 1 fighting/electric.
Khu mentions that Salamence swaps its type with [Hydreigon], being Dark/Dragon.
Khu double confirms that the future paradoxes all have iron/tetsu prefixing their names.
This old move Kaka mentioned that forces you to cut half your HP is probably Shed Tail.

9/1/2022:
Grafaiai is officially revealed by the Pokemon social media and website, being Normal/Poison, contradicting Kaka answering otherwise.

8/31/2022:
Khu tweets 4S na: debuff sth. This implies that the 4 sublegendaries have a new ability that debuffs something.

8/30/2022:
Pokemon twitter confirms the teased pokemon is named Grafaiai (graffiti + aiai)
Khu quote tweets confirming aiai, says its prevo is named ZZY in Chinese and that Y means Yan, and used a picture of Stitch to describe its vibe

8/29/2022:
Khu compiles Kaka's paradox type hints and says "Wanna waste your time?" I personally interpreted it as a challenge for people who weren't aware of kaka's hints but would ultimately be a time waster because he would give riddles of all the paradox types in the end anyway, but other interpretations are about him casting doubt on kaka.
Pokemon twitter posts some painted trees as a teaser
Khu quote tweets with "aiai" and t: n/p implying a Normal/Poison or Normal/Psychic, possibly contradicting Kaka from earlier with shrugging/thinking emojis to Normal/Poison guesses. Based on the spray painter trainer and masks it is probably poison.
Kaka/Suutamie source for pure psychic girafarig evo (contradicted today?)
Khu posts "n/p, na: ruminant" and "You can guess its interesting battle effect. 有关树果." (about berry). The current consensus is that this is an implication about Girafarig's evolution being Normal/Psychic (since giraffes are ruminants) and na means new ability. Ruminate can mean to think deeply or how ruminants rechew food to fully digest it, so the ability may be about re-eating berries in some way.
Khu posted a picture of Inteleon shooting and said "Shoot u with fingers." This could be going back to the lemur and how it might shoot paint out of its fingers, like how the painter trainer had paint on his fingers, but this is all speculation.
Khu posts a poll for the next tera hats among bug, psychic, steel, and fairy. After adrive rallies his fans to bug, he quotes and mentions bug is cute, psychic meh, steel wtf, fairy lame.
Khu mentions that his favourite tera hat is not in game and answers yep to it being in DLC.
Khu mentions 5 images for the ice tera hat, among Vanillish, Cryogonal, Bergmite, Eiscue, and Darmanitan-Galar-Zen.
Khu mentions the Rfake lines' English names are wordplay of their origins and mentions correct answers witnessed/someone got them right, probably involving the lett/trio and cool/cruel of the original mons.

8/28/2022:
Khu riddles with a picture of Lilligant and Gardevoir, potentially reconfirming Fairy/Fighting (Hisuian Lilligant). The grass/psychic interpretation is probably a surface answer since he could have just posted an existing pokemon for it.
Kaka answers that Future Gallade/Gardevoir/Kirlia/whatever is Fairy/Fighting.
More accurate Suutamie translation for Kaka's "Something like Dugtrio" tweet
Kaka source for Primeape evo being Fighting/Ghost
Note that currently the Kaka paradox type list may or may not include the box legendaries, though excluding them makes the possible remaining types a lot more restrictive by forcing everything to be electric/dark/dragon/fighting from Kaka's list.
Kaka said that the paradox types included the box legendaries later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)