SM OU The "Princess" & The Frog

How much filler the "Teambuilding proccess" is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The fairy tale about a frog-kissing princess, which for some reason transformed one into a prince.
Tiana (Mawile-Mega) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Naveen (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 SpA / 32 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Roost
The team resolves around Mawile (The princess) & Ash Greninja (The frog), who makes for a good offensive core able to handle stall, balance and offense pretty decently, thanks to their sky-high Atk/SpA stats respectively, access to priority, and good coverage. Tapu Bulu & Tran conforms the main backbone, providing safe switchins for Ground, Water, Dragon, Dark (bar Knock Off) & Electric attacks from the former, and Fire, Steel, Fairy, Poison (or just Toxic), Flying, Ice, among others, from the latter, also pressuring passive mons like Clef, Chansey & Skar with utility or SD. Lando works as a pivot, able to lure bulky grasses like Ferro and Tang, Defogger, Electric inmunity & also bringing safely either MMaw or Ash Gren, while Hydrei checks opposing Tran & lures dangerous fairies like Lele & some Koko variants.
Teambuilding Proccess (a.k.a fiIler)

I realised that MMaw was a mon that I almost never used, so why the heck don't build something around it?

Ash Gren was an almost obvious choice. "Their amazing synergy allows the team to poke holes in opposing teams with ease" I thinked.

After that, I began to create an defensive Backbone, able to take hits and hit back. Heatran was the first option, because, well, it's Tran. Bulu popped up a bit after it, to patch the Ground weakness.

The lack of a hazard remover, pivot and Tran switchin initially was filled with Rotom-W, which also provided an Landorus-T check and almost free burns thanks to Will-o-Wisp.

Celesteela joined inmediatly after Rotom, since an secondary Lele check was a bit needed. Also, it can use Leech Seed to provide recovery to other team members.

At first, replacing Celes with Gliscor may seem like a weird idea, but a U-turn user able to lure Grass types with access to Stealth Rock and reliable recovery was decisive to finally replace the giant rocket.

Sadly, Rotom-W resulted being a bit inconsistent at keeping hazard apart, since most setters are able to force it out. I ended replacing it with Lando, who is faster than Timid Alakazam-Mega courtesy of Choice Scarf. Gliscor was also removed, to avoid two 4X ice weaknesses. Because of this, Heatran ended as the team's rocker.

With Gliscor gone, a Tran check was top priority again. I elected Hydrei because it also checks opposing Ash Gren, another annoying foe.
Treatlist

The Physical Protean set can be really annoying to this team, since it has just the necessary coverage for every team member (Low kick for Dark & Steel, Z-move for MMaw, Gunk for Bulu and Ice Beam for Lando & Hydrei)

These two also can mess with almost everything in the team. Medi's sky-high Attack break trough the Backbone and chip away Ash Gren via Fake outs. Koko allows Medi to enter the battlefield with ease in almost any situation, and forcing MMaw and Pre-transform Gren to switch out.

Pex hardwalls Gren, can burn MMaw and Lando, haze away Bulu' SD and toxic it, and can safely bring any offensive pivot to regain momentum.

Weather setter + abuser is one of the most Tried & True strategies since B2&W2. Exca or Swamp outspeed anything here, 2HKO almost anything in their respectively weathers.

Here are the only replies I have of the team in action, one of them in it's early days:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-801534059
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-801953014
Happy rating everyone :blobwizard:

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Hey NotInMyChristianServer! This is a pretty cool team that uses popular metagame trends like Mawile and Hydreigon. The team already looks pretty solid, but I wanted to leave you some feedback.

=========================

You already pointed out some threats to your team, which I'll highlight below (and add a couple):

Below are my suggestions:

>

Your team is already very solid as it is, and I think the simplest change to help out with all the aforementioned threats is Tangrowth over Tapu Bulu, and here's why:

1) Kartana can get out of hand if your team is weakened, especially if it's Choice Scarf; Tangrowth's higher physical bulk helps you out with this.
2) angrowth is a slightly better check against Sand (although not common) because it's harder for Excadrill to break through it without a boost.
3) Tangrowth can help you out against Rain still (bar Pelipper's Hurricane) while still being a soft check to Mega Alakazam.
4) Knock Off can provide more utility for your team, helping Mawile and Ash Greninja break through Pokemon like Toxapex and Ferrothorn easier.

Hidden Power Fire > Hidden Power Ice
This is a more optional change, but I would consider running HP Fire here over HP Ice to help you out in a pinch against opposing Kartana and also help against Mega Scizor that try to use you as setup bait. Your team pressures opposing Landorus-T pretty well already, and although your Zygarde matchup does become a bit scarier, Tangrowth should handle it fine outside of CB Outrage.

(click me!)

Not a ton of changes made, but I believe your team was already quite solid to begin with. Some Pokemon to watch out for are:

Like I mentioned, becomes scarier if it's able to hit Tangrowth with CB Outrage, so keep your Tangrowth as healthy as possible
If your Hydreigon is weakened, then Ash-Greninja can spam Dark Pulse easier, but you have decent counterplay with Hydrei + Tang
Not as common as before, but Mega Lati@s have the coverage to 2HKO your entire team

Good luck with the team, and be sure to PM me if you have any questions! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)