ORAS OU The Return of Sweeperella as a Nicer B1tch

"I'm trying to be nice. Understand?"

Chapter 1: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ing-because-of-laziness.3507315/#post-5599986

CHAPTER 2: So after a wonderful time in the XY Metagame, Sweeperella got his ass kicked by a bunch of the new megas in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. He fell fast from grace, and landed on his face in a tier called Banlist. During this time, Sweeperella was humbled, and learned what it felt like to not be a top-tier threat. After he was banned from UU in less than a day, Sweep decided to sit down on some Medichamite and think.

"Is this what Karma is?" Sweeperella asked himself. "Did this metagame shift happen because I was so nasty to lower-tier mons and my partners?"

"I was once the best too, kid." Terrakion said. "In Generation 5, I was top dog of the meta. But then I let the power and fame turn me into a cruel person."

"I don't want to be banlisted anymore..." Sweeperella said, then covering his face in guilt. The bug began to cry as he remembered being exiled from UU.

"Well kid, there's a small chance that Underused may let you back in." Terrakion said. "If they see that you're a nice person, they may test you."

"How can I convince the UU Council I'm a nice monster?" Sweeperella asked.

"You need act polite in this steaming pile of shit we call ORAS OU."

THE TEAM:

"Hi, my name is Sweeprella and I like to eat marshmallow peeps.
If you voted for Metagrossite to remain OU, then you deserve a short bus for being a fucking retard.
However, you would still get an invite to my birthday party because I'm a nice person."

Sweeperella (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

The only change to Pinsir's XY set is that I ran Earthquake over Close Combat for Metagross, Diancie, and Aegislash. Earthquake nets me a guaranteed OHKO on Heatran which is nice, and I hit bisharp for heavy damage without taking a defense drop which is another bonus. Since Skarmory wasn't all that popular on the suspect ladder, I didn't really miss Close Combat.

As you can guess, Pinsir is the main sweeper of this team. His job is to clean up late game. However, he can always punch holes in walls using that 155 Attack Stat and 200 Base Power Return. Or can use Quick Attack to revenge kill (which usually hits between 30 and 40% damage on standard targets) At +2, Pinsir is tough to handle without proper counters or a healthy check.

Tactical Notes:
- I use Return because I'd rather have my pokemon happy than mad.
- I use a Jolly nature as a safety measure against the base 100 megas and lando-i + Manaphy + garchomp + delphox. (Delphox sits at a really close 104 and can OHKO Pinsir if it outspeeds.)

"So after being fired from the weather team, lots of things happened in my life.
I got a new job on balance, got re-married, and even built a relationship with my neglected son.
Everything was just dandy. But then I got a call from my old boss, and Sweepy apologized for being such a jerk."

"What did I do? Well I did the same as any employee of the month would do.
I abandoned my job, wife, and kid and went back to Rella with a smile on my face...just like a victim of stockholm syndrome."

Percival (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Rotom is here for pivoting, not much else to say. He switches in on a resisted attack. Tanks it, and then switches out with a slow volt switch in order to keep momentum. EV spread is standard, 44 Speed allows me to outrun max speed Azumarill by a point. This means I can burn belly drum azumarill and neuter the sweep. The EV investment also allows me to outspeed fully defensive lando-t and blast him with Hydro Pump. Rotom is also my primary answer to Mamoswine—a mon that really gives this team trouble without him. Rotom also counters talonflame who destroys Pinsir.

A Bulky Water is good to have on any team, and Rotom also fills this role.

"After the sand team split up, I decided to pursue my dream of opening a minigolf business.
The Moonblast is a glow-in-the-dark golf adventure that opens up at 7pm each night for family fun.
Well it used to...until I returned to Sweeperella after getting an apology from him. ^__^."

Lancelot (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

It's always good to have a fairy on your team, and clefable is arguably the best (certainly on the non-mega side of things). Clefable is a status absorber, calm mind sweeper, and brings crucial resistances to dark, fighting, and dragon. The 84 SpD EVs allow me to avoid being 2HKOed by LO Thundurus, and lets Clefable be a great switch-in to raikou (who can give this team some trouble). The rest of the investment is to help it take physical hits better. Flamethrower gives me a fire move against ferrothorn and scizor, and keeps clefable from being setup bait. All in all, clefable is a huge asset to the team.

"I answered the Help Wanted ad that Sweeperella put in the newspaper.
I'm a qualified rapid spinner that has worked in the OU business for over a decade now.
My main strength is my speed, and I believe my biggest weakness is that I'm a perfectionist."

Sir Starmie (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is the spinner on this team and a check to slower threats. The ability is Analytic because Starmie forces a ton of switches (and a 1.6x boost to a move is hard to shrug off). It also provides me with a secondary/tertiary keldeo and heatran check. Starmie is great at blasting a chunk away from the health of latios/latias and other frail things that are base 115 speed and below. In short, starmie is a great spinner.

"After the sand team broke apart, I decided to pursue my dream of being a motorcycle stuntman.
They told me the job was out of my skill level, so I opened up a hot dog cart in front of Pokemon Stadium.
It was alright, but I'm glad to be back with Sweeperella."

Galahad (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 16 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Rocky Helm Garchomp is such a great tool against physical attackers. Losing 1/4th of total HP with each attack? Yes please. The EV spread is for maximum bulk, surviving Manectric (+ thundy and lando) HP Ice, and outspeeding something I can't remember at the moment. Earthquake is the standard all purpose attack, Stealth Rock is there to be setup, Dragon Tail is for phasing, and Toxic is for fucking over walls like mega slowbro and hippo (making them setup mons for clefable). If Lopunny touches garchomp once, then she's put into OHKO range for Pinsir's Quick Attack.

"I'm Sweeperella's buddy from the YMCA.
He likes to play Dungeon & Dragons, and I get to be King Arthur. Pretty cool, huh?"

King Arthur (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon

This is what Aegislash does for my team:​

Importable

Sweeperella (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Galahad (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 16 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Lancelot (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Percival (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

King Arthur (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon

Sir Starmie (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Replays

Last edited:
Pretest Thoughts
Bulky Grass types can be an issue when rocks are up, as pinsir cannot freely switch in. This is extremely present if Venusaur/Serperior predict you and go for HP Fire.

At +2, Serperior has some real fun with your team, only being outspeed by Starmie.

+2 4 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Pinsir: 138-162 (50.9 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 204-242 (70.1 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 4 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 546-642 (179.6 - 211.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 4 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 263-309 (66.7 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 130-154 (44.6 - 52.9%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 194-230 (66.6 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 224-265 (76.9 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 4 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 663-780 (253 - 297.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Garchomp will likely have taken a bit of chip damage from taking a turn to set up rocks.
+2 4 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Garchomp: 324-382 (77.1 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Could be an OHKO if it has to switch in twice, etc.)
+2 4 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 247-291 (147.9 - 174.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Will test this team for a more accurate look, to see how this is dealt with in practice.

You say, "I use a Jolly nature as a safety measure against the base 100 megas and lando-i + Manaphy + garchomp + delphox. (Delphox sits at a really close 104 and can OHKO Pinsir if it outspeeds.)"

TBH, who uses Delphox in OU (it's rhetorical)?

And if you want to out-speed Garchomp, just creep it.

Sweeperella (Pinsir-Mega) (F) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 255
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

When I was but a lurking scrub aimlessly shuffling through RMTs, I came across the original version of this team. It was probably one of the few well-presented RMTs I saw and I decided to use it for a while after reading it. Flash forward, I'm quite happy to see the team somewhat return, but hey, I'll drop a rate.

A prevelant threat that I see your team utterly despising is RP Lando-I. After some prior damage on Rotom-W, Mega Pinsir, it sweeps. Admittedly, it finds a hard time setting up against anything but Clefable, but Lando-I in general is quite a huge threat. Otherwise, it appears to be a pretty solid team. Generally though, most offensive teams won't have much answers anyways but be able to apply enough pressure to prevent set-up or limit switch-in opportunities. On the other hand, I would personally not change Pinsir's EV spread mainly for speed ties, but meh.

Also, TheBumbleBeeBoy, is changing Sweeperella's gender ignorance, or feeling like it should be that way?

I am not him, but Sweeperella is female.

Sweeper-ella. Ella translates directly to women. That is how I deduce this.
That's the point of it. Sweeperella was a guy in the first RMT, and still now. Yes, it may seem right that way, but it's how it's always been, and there even was a joke about it being a gay win-con.

That's the point of it. Sweeperella was a guy in the first RMT, and still now. Yes, it may seem right that way, but it's how it's always been, and there even was a joke about it being a gay win-con.
I just assumed the genderless "Sweeperella" was a female, being it's name is a parodoy of the Disney princess "Cinderella." And you say Sweeperella is a guy, but the only indication in this rmt of its gender is a girl and that indication is given through it's name. And changing Sweeperella's gender is not ignorance if it did not have a fixed gender in the first place in this RMT. Also who TF cares? It's a gender, and according to what's popular in the OU metagame, gender reasoning doesn't have any competitive base to it, bar Infatuation, Rivalry, ect. Aight, I'm burnt out, LOL.

You say, "I use a Jolly nature as a safety measure against the base 100 megas and lando-i + Manaphy + garchomp + delphox. (Delphox sits at a really close 104 and can OHKO Pinsir if it outspeeds.)"

TBH, who uses Delphox in OU (it's rhetorical)?

And if you want to out-speed Garchomp, just creep it.

Sweeperella (Pinsir-Mega) (F) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 255
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
tbh max speed is better so that you have a chance to speed tie with opposing pinsirs, 24 hp isnt gonna be doing much

I just assumed the genderless "Sweeperella" was a female, being it's name is a parodoy of the Disney princess "Cinderella." And you say Sweeperella is a guy, but the only indication in this rmt of its gender is a girl and that indication is given through it's name. And changing Sweeperella's gender is not ignorance if it did not have a fixed gender in the first place in this RMT. Also who TF cares? It's a gender, and according to what's popular in the OU metagame, gender reasoning doesn't have any competitive base to it, bar Infatuation, Rivalry, ect. Aight, I'm burnt out, LOL.

The part I bolded isn't true at all. But in the end, it doesn't really, matter, so you're right.

asdfCookie, while I agree that max speed is better, I think the point of the post was to say that Delphox is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey sucker, cool team m8, nice to see MPinsir roaming around again, can't say the same about aegi though.

First of all to the niggas rolling around saying run enough speed for chomp, it's like 20 evs different, doesn't make any significant changes in terms of ohkos/2hkos or just pinsir's general bulk. So run max. We can't risk not outspeeding the top threat to OU that is delphox, idk why aegi suspect when delphox roams free in our tier

On your own Garchomp you should probably run 92 speed for +speed base 70s like Bisharp which is problematic for your team especially with rocks up and/or weakened rotom.

Personally I'd change WP From aegi to something like spooky plate or another aegi item but whatever works for you. You could also consider Sacred Sword as an option for things like bisharp and as you're quiet nature, I'd put 0 speed IVs too so you're slower than opposing aegi and force them into sword form 1 on 1 allowing you to beat it.

Not a whole lot else to add here. A massive threat to this team would be something like Mega Houndoom, which performs pretty well in aegi meta (imo) because of aegi and a hell of a lot of bisharp. However, it's quite uncommon and you could weaken it with hazards, force speed ties, not allow it to mega, whatever until in pinsir QA range and play around it. o-o

Hey sucker, cool team m8, nice to see MPinsir roaming around again, can't say the same about aegi though.

First of all to the niggas rolling around saying run enough speed for chomp, it's like 20 evs different, doesn't make any significant changes in terms of ohkos/2hkos or just pinsir's general bulk.
The extra 4 EVs we add to our mons don't make any significant difference, but we still use them. And running max to tie with opposing Pinsir is fine, but that's not specified, he said he ran speed to outpace Garchomp and Delphox, but no one uses Delphox in the current OU metagame, so if Garchomp is the mon he's worrying about, he should creep it, if Pinsir-mega (not even common IMO), he should run max.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Solid team dude.

One thing I think you should consider is using HP Fire on Starmie over Ice Beam. I feel like you would only use it (Ice Beam) for bulky grass type switch ins but they're usually set up fodder for Pinsir or Clefable. you handle dragons pretty well with the rest of your team. With HP fire you are able to beat Ferrothorn which gives your garchomp more flexibility. It does a bit more damage to Aegislash than Hydro Pump, while being a bit more accurate.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
its awesome how overrated that nigga aegi/ is when you can use this team to make reqs. plus i like the fact that your team deals with delphox.
However, I would recommend no speed evs on rotom since azu isn't too much of a threat, but that's up to you. also yes put hp fire on starmie since there aren't many other 115s that you have to beat with it.

Fantastic team sucker. Seeing as ive faced this team multiple times (and lost as i never prep for mega pinser lol) I can say that your teams always in my opinion the best mega pinser team out there. Not gonna rate but great team man. Hope its gets more attention.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Hi Sucker Lunch ^_^ I gave you a shoutout now wheres mine? This is a really solid team you have. Your team seems to have a hard time with ferrothorn as switching into clefable is risky from taking a gyro ball, so I think HP fire would be better than Ice beam as I don't see much use in it than dragon/grass coverage even tho you have clefable and pinsir. You should have this as one of your Sweeperella quotes "Engage the Pinsir Mother Fucker" I didn't do much as there isn't really anything to change.

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
Solid team dude.

One thing I think you should consider is using HP Fire on Starmie over Ice Beam. I feel like you would only use it (Ice Beam) for bulky grass type switch ins but they're usually set up fodder for Pinsir or Clefable. you handle dragons pretty well with the rest of your team. With HP fire you are able to beat Ferrothorn which gives your garchomp more flexibility. It does a bit more damage to Aegislash than Hydro Pump, while being a bit more accurate.
Are you effin' serious?? *head explodes*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)