THE SHUFFLER (Prankster Assisted Roaring)

John34645
Introduction: Hello again smogon community this will be my 3rd RMT and today i bring to you a new concept i thought up when i played someone who was useing a similar tactic but relied on haveing one of there pokemon holding stealth rock and all there pokemon have roar and whirlwind, this was ineffective at best. This teams concept come with the idea that stealth rock is a staple on all good teams and the abuse of this to turn Ditto or Mew into a Stealth Rock Setup. Once stealth rock has been laid a powerfull combination of the move assist (which at random selects a move from the team(cannnot choose some moves ie protect and destiny bond))Roar and the ability prankster to increase the priority of any non damaging move ie Assist.

Abomasnow
- Focus Punch
- Protect
- Endure
-
Item Attached: Red Card
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
Thats right technicly this is a hail stall team :).Abomasnow takes his role on in this team solely for his ability to enduce hail. Hail takes a huge role on this team being it necessity in damageing steel types and its use in the event of leftovers so as to negate that. Abomasnows moveset was chosen more of being forced as these are the only moves it can learn that arnt chooseable by assist. Abomasnow find his biggest falling in opposing weather teams and the occasional hail team.

Ditto
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
Item Attached: Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
Ditto is an essetial member of this team being his ability to switch in and take the oppositions moveset without haveing to compromise his own teams assist useage.Ditto finds himeself in an odd position on this team as the primary entry hazard setup, should it happen that the opposition is without any entry hazards then Ditto will generally find himself as a Sweeper or simply as a dispatcher for nasty pokemon.

Liepard
- Assist
- Snatch
- Thief
- Protect
Item Attached: Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
Liepard Acts as this teams primary sweeper/wall (depends on how you look at) being his capability at forceing switch outs and stalling out any pokemon team in its entirity that doesnt have access to the move extreme speed or leftovers. Liepard Success lies in its ability: Prankster (Adds a priority of one onto any non damageing move ie assist), being that this team has no moves other then roar that can be chosen by assist the move roar is chose which with priority forces a switch out.

Purrloin
- Assist
- Snatch
- Protect
-
Item Attached: Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
Purrloin unlike much like its older brother but to a larger extent takes a huge hammering by pokemon that have access to the move extreme speed.Purrloin Acts as this teams Secondary sweeper/wall (depends on how you look at) being his capability at forceing switch outs and stalling out any pokemon team in its entirity that doesnt have access to the move extreme speed or leftovers. Purrloins Success lies in its ability: Prankster (Adds a priority of one onto any non damageing move ie assist), being that this team has no moves other then roar that can be chosen by assist the move roar is chose which with priority forces a switch out.

Gengar
- Destiny Bond
- Trick
- Metronome
- Thief
Item Attached: Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SpAtk
Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Gengar has many purposes on this team but all of those purposes are to an extent situational. Gengars main purpose is to switch in on extreme speed before dispatching of the pokemon responsible for it, he can also be used as a spinblocker before dieng to allow the safe switch in of liepard or purrloin. Should this team be faced with an enemy that doesnt have any entry hazards watsoever, one could attempt to lay entry hazards through the use of the move metronome even though its roughly only a one in one-hundred and sixty chance its still a chance. Gengar has been given a choice scarf to increase the effectiveness of Destiny Bond and to allow for tricking to work, should you feal the need to make gengar capable of absorbing toxic spikes you may be wise to give him the heavy stone however this has two problems as it makes destiny bond basicly useless. Trick can also be used for dispatching of pesky Leftys

Mew
- Trick
- Metronome
- Transform
- Roar
Item Attached: Flame Orb
Trait: Synchronize
Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
Mew find themselves on this team for many reasons be it absorbing status ailments and inturn ailing the opposition or getting rid of those nasty leftovers, Mew is also the source of Roar which makes this pokemon absolutly essetial to the teams functioning. Should you find yourself without entry hazard mew can also attempt a metronomed entry hazard. Should Ditto get itself killed mew may also be used for transforming to lay down entry hazards but again this is very situational. Mew also finds itself as a steel type crippler as you will find that steel types resist stealth rock and alot of the time have leftovers

Threats:
This team only has a few threats: Extreme Speed, Leftovers, Toxic Spikes and other weather teams
Extreme Speed: The best counter for extreme speed pokemon is generally found in gengar swtiching in and either crippling said threat or dispatching of it entirely, if you find yourself without gengar then you in trouble.
Leftovers: Best Dealt with by gengar or mew who can trick them for items that would hinder there healing.
Toxic Spikes: there is no hard counter on this team but thankfully of all the entry hazards this is the rareist and should you be under threat of toxic spikes you may find yourself in trouble.
Alternate Weather Teams: For Sun you Generally wont have to much trouble with there weaknesses to stealth rocks, for Sandstorm your mostlikely screwed however should they pack many entry hazards you might stand a chance(which sandstorm generally does), Hail has a weakness to stealth rocks but if there team is without stealth rocks you may find yourself in trouble, Rain generally the same as sun but without the weakness to stealth rocks.

Conclusion: Thanks for reading this RMT i hope youll Luvedisc and please provide any and all feedback and ideas for this team, i would hope to see you all soon for more crazy pokemon teams.​

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The rules state that you nust wait two weeks between RMT's but your last RMT, which isn't even off the front page, was posted only 2 days ago. I'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit longer.

Also, Prankster + Assist is really a bad and unreliable strategy, so this team will have very limited potential.

I'm sorry I had to burst your bubble, but rules are rules!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)