Project The sixth annual Secret Santa!

ishtar

temper madness with an even extreme
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
PU Leader
Gm zoowi! It is I, your sekret gobo here bringing you a brand new team. You requested a Vikavolt + Silvally Ground team, which is actually a core i built around for PUPL! I recall it not being as great synergy as I initially thought it was and switching a few things, but im glad I was asked to give it another shot cause both mons are really fun.

:vikavolt: :silvally-ground: :togedemaru: :tsareena: :ribombee: :gigalith:

This is a pretty basic team with a cool core. Mud Shot Vikavolt remains one of the coolest Steel-types lures in the multiverse giving u good chances of winning with Bee. U got some classic Keppy volt-turn to take advantage of the shit. Rest of the team is a pretty self explanatory defensive core. While I later on decided against this, Specs Switcheroo Bee is a cool alternative set here, but u can rlly get owned by some of the boring ass balances that are ran nowadays without Aroma Bee.

:vikavolt: :silvally-water: :togedemaru: :tsareena: :ribombee: :regirock:

This is a second version in case Silv-G goes. Silv Water functions pretty similarly and is quite fun, u might wanna run Work Up instead of this if you're tryna use this vs v sturdy bulkier builds, but SD to me is a lot more fun. Not much changes here apart from the fact ur running Regi here since I'm not nearly as worried about Zard while u maybe have a slightly worse Scarf Toge mu, which should be a relic set at this point anyways.

Hope you enjoy your teams and that you're having a nice goboholiday season!

Last edited:
Hey Oathkeeper! Here is your Secret Santa team with NP Mesprit and DD Scrafty! This core is pretty versatile and easy to build around so I had a lot of possibilities to try. As you can see, I decided to build around a more offensive style for this time.
Capture d’écran 2021-12-31 133848.png

:mesprit:
You gave me the choice between Nasty Plot and Specs Mesprit and I opted for the former. The power of the choice item + the eventual Healing Wish were tempting but Nasty Plot just appeared to be better after tests. Choice Specs prevents you to click freely on any move, which makes it easier to abuse Mesprit on the switch. Also, without Nasty Plot, there is a lot of defensive walls that you can't break effectively such as the omnipresent WishPass Toge. Anyway, for the item, I put the Colbur Berry on it to reduce the damage from any Knock Off/Sucker Punch that could be dangerous otherwise. Imo Psychic > Psyshock for Regirock, Quagsire and Sandaconda since we don't have Grass Knot (you'll understand why). Dazzling Gleam is for any Dark-type that you can't touch with the rest of your moveset. Finally, Shadow Ball is a favorite of mine since it allows you to touch Wish Pass Steel-types neutrally as well as any Psychic-types such as Guno/Mesprit. Grass Knot could be an option but Steel-types will become a problem in the long run imo. Full speed Mesprit to outspeed Tsareena/Vanilluxe and speedtie with Gallade/full speed Mesprit is essential I would say.

:mesprit: :scrafty:
Scrafty pairs well with Mesprit but I had a lot of trouble making the DD set sweep anything. At best, it would weaken one mon/ Knock Off some stuff and at worst, it wouldn't do anything... Band Scrafty already does everything that the DD set can make but in better. I know, Dragon Dance on a Band set seems really unorthodox but let me explain. Scrafty is gonna be your main check to a lot of threats like Ferroseed, Sand-A, Archeops and Audino. Most of the time, these mons will Knock Off your item on the switch, which makes Scrafty really passive without Bulk Up. My plan is that if it ever happens, you will still have Dragon Dance as a fallback so you can sweep during the endgame or weaken the right mon for another member of the team. The rest of the moveset is really basic. I run Poison Jab for Fairy-types but it also helps to deal some good damage on Tsar or inflicts a Poisoned status on something. You could probably go for Iron Head if you want a better stall MU vs Carbink too. Shed Skin is probably the best ability because I can ensure you that Moxie is useless and that Intimidate will more likely boost the numerous Gunos that you will face more than anything else. Intimidate is still cool to switch more effectively on Cheops, Sand-A, Sandaconda, or Tsareena however. I still prefer Shed Skin because of the many Will-O-Wisp, Toxic Spikes and Glare that I've encountered.

:mesprit: :scrafty: :silvally:
Mesprit and Scrafty counter greatly Regirock, Sandaconda and Audino so I thought that SD Silvally-Ghost could be nice here. Scrafty already covers the Ghost-type weakness and Mesprit beats most physical walls in the tier. Silvally-Ghost is a classic with offensive teams because of its stats and awesome STAB that is hard to switch into. It also offers a solid way for the team to deal with Psychic-types since Scrafty fears Hurricane/Dazzling Gleam/Draining Kiss/Close Combat (Gallade). Sub is here to abuse Weezing and Audino so you can set up in front of them. Audino cannot break your sub in one hit unless crit and Weezing can't touch you. Checking these Pokémon helps greatly Mesprit and Scrafty in their breaking/sweeper role. There is not much else to say, this Pokémon is really good and is gonna be part of your wincon 90% of the time.

:mesprit: :scrafty: :silvally: :archeops:
Even if I primarily took this Pokémon to check more consistently Zard, Archeops remains one of the most efficient mons that you could put in any offensive team. Its speedtier, STABs and offensive stats make it an excellent partner to check most Pokémon that threaten the team. You're probably wondering why this Archeops is played mixed instead of full Attack/Special Attack. Well, you see, Offenses often face the same problem when they are built: they tend to use too many physical attackers, which are walled by a lot of walls in the tier. Fully invested Air Slash and Earth Power helps you to deal with Scrafty, Sandaconda, Regirock, Aggron, Toge and Weezing. I put Stone Edge for Scyther, Guno, Charizard, Magmortar and Ice-types in general. Roost is for longevity but it's also great to nullify the effects of Defeatist on Archeops, but you already know this.

:mesprit: :scrafty: :silvally: :archeops: :togedemaru:
Toge Scarf brings a lot of things that the team needed: an Electric-type resist, a Steel-type (for Fairies) and some speed control/way to pivot. I like the fact that you can check more consistently Archeops, Charizard, Lycanroc and even Ribombee with it. The set is quite standard. I put Toxic for Quag but you could also choose Encore.

:mesprit: :scrafty: :silvally: :archeops: :togedemaru: :tsareena:
Finally, I needed a way to break Ground-types + a Ground-type resist as well as a hazard control to prevent Spikes/Toxic Spikes from being too dangerous. Tsareena matches the team perfectly for that. It also very great to beat Feroseed, Regirock and even Aggron in some cases. The moveset is pretty standard. Synthesis is for the longevity and Jolly nature to outspeed everything in the tier at +1 because we never know lol.

I hope you will enjoy the team! Happy new year:delibird:

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
hi lockjaw, i have ur froslass + kabutops team!!

F054B6A9-70AF-42DD-97DA-D28D639042FE.png
3876055B-D62F-488C-95B5-F2EC94784EEE.png
21AB61C0-B034-4112-B8C3-5FC92783FEAC.png
27B8DA31-C428-4532-8C57-C10F967BDF4C.png
9C22809D-C827-4C71-B7E4-B5F670452685.png
6C819F24-3682-4253-9F28-01D4B2700071.png

https://pokepast.es/93a01f088789fc55

i didnt really know what to do with this core at first tbh, since they dont complement eachother particularly well. i originally went with a ho team but that flopped terribly x, so instead i decided to go with a button clickers core which ended up working kinda well. band lass is a set i haven't used in forever and from the games i've had, it's definitely still a good mon. band kabu hits very hard, and not a lot appreciates having to switch into it. i went with adamant bc it sounded slayful but jolly is better if u want to speedtie with mesprit and gallade. also the last slot is pretty flexible, though i prefer aqua jet since it provides u with a somewhat strong prio. aggron sets rocks and walls galarcuno and ribombee, tsareena is an incredible glue mon and it unsurprisingly works well here. ribombee is a cool cleaner, scrafty counter, and speed control that rly appreciates froslass and kabutops wearing down / crippling most of its answers and lastly, i added weezing so the team wouldn't get completely overwhelmed by tsareena & vallies, and tspikes sometimes 6-0 on preview

hope u like the team and hf!!

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
sent Coolcodename their team awhile ago but forgot to post here
:tsareena: :vanilluxe: :gigalith: :ferroseed: :ribombee: :charizard:
https://pokepast.es/b852783817738275
With Tsareena + Vanilluxe making it difficult to justify Synthesis Tsareena I went with a basic Ferro + Gigalith backbone with god mons Ribombee and Charizard. Taunt Toxic Vanilluxe is really annoying for fatter teams and reduces the need for Aromatherapy Ribombee. Coverage Ribombee can be a pain for opposing Ferroseed BOs and picks up the pace since no Synthesis on Tsareena for longer games. Happy new year etc

Bag of Trixx

I like to call it a passion
is a Pre-Contributor
howdy Mirbro!!

I received your request for teams revolving around Quagsire & Audino so here ya go! The basic ideas behind all of these teams are quite simple; and that was essentially formulating Quagsire & Audino as a strong defensive foundation and build accordingly around them. Naturally, these two fit quite well on stall teams, but I decided to branch out to more balance builds since there are too many wallbreakers in this tier that punish stall to virtually no end (subSD Perrserker, Gallade, Articuno-Galar, Centiskorch, mold breaker Sawk, even speedy taunt ngas Weezing is quite annoying too). And then finally, I wanted to use a few sets that I didn't get to reveal during PUWC so I splashed them onto a team and they happened to fit quite well! I hope you enjoy the teams, and happy holidays to you and your family.

QuagDino Stall :quagsire: :audino: :gourgeist: :aggron: :articuno: :aromatisse:click mons for importable
:quagsire: 48 SpD allows Quagsire to never be 2HKOd by Timid Ribombee's Moonblast from full, meaning you can 1v1 w/ Toxic & Recover if it comes down to last mon quag vs bee.
:audino: 68 Def Impish allows Audino to never be 2HKOd by standard bulky Tsareena's Power Whip, this has proven to be quite useful in tests since Tsareena makes tremendous progress as we all know. Remaining SpD investment is just to pivot on Specs Guno because that mon is broken af.
:gourgeist: 108 Spe allows Gourg-L to outspeed max adamant 50s like Aggron & speedy taunt Weezing. This investment is crucial since Weezing can actually handle itself quite well vs stall, so being able to outspeed and cripple it with Leech Seed & Wisp is imperative to the team. 248 HP + 152 Def Impish allows Gourg-L to check Gallade quite well. (252+ Atk Muscle Band Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 152+ Def Gourgeist-Large: 105-124 (29.7 - 35.1%) -- 18% chance to 3HKO)
:articuno: 96 Spe allows Articuno to outspeed Adamant Centiskorch and have a high chance to OHKO w/ Brave Bird.
:aggron: 68 Spe allows Aggron to outspeed standard BU Scrafty. Remaining SpD investment is to check Specs Guno because that mon is broken af.
:aromatisse: Max defensive investment as a backup check to Gallade, Sawk, & standard bulky Tsareena.

QuagDino + Bee Balance :quagsire: :audino: :ribombee: :aggron: :articuno-galar: :tsareena:click mons for importable
:quagsire: same EV spread as above.
:audino: same EV spread as above.
:ribombee: standard bulky Ribombee EV spread. (lives Silvally Multi-Attack from full, lives Sandaconda's Stone Edge from full, outspeeds Scyther)
:aggron: same EV spread as above.
:articuno-galar: use choice specs because this mon is broken.
:tsareena: standard bulky Tsareena EV spread. (outspeeds Charizard at +1, remainder in bulk & attack)

QuagDino + Fairyvally Balance :quagsire: :audino: :silvally: :aggron: :articuno-galar: :tsareena:click mons for importable
:silvally: standard offensive Silvally-Fairy. (Rock Slide for Charizard, Flame Charge for Togedemaru + Speed boost)
:aggron: same EV spread as above.
:articuno-galar: same EV spread as above.
:tsareena: standard bulky Tsareena EV spread.

QuagDino + Gallade :quagsire: :audino: :klinklang: :druddigon: :ribombee: :gallade:click mons for importable
:klinklang: standard offensive shift gear.
:druddigon: 96 Spe Jolly allows Druddigon to outspeed bulky Ribombee when para'd & KO w/ Gunk Shot. Remaining defensive investment is for checking Tsareena.
:ribombee: 184 Spe Timid allows Bee to outspeed Sneasel & invest more into defense to switch into Tsareena/Gallade/Scrafty better.
:gallade: standard muscle band wallbreaker.

QuagDino + MixDef Flareon :quagsire: :audino: :flareon: :ribombee: :tsareena: :stunfisk-galar:click mons for importable
:flareon: 196 Def Impish allows Flareon to never be 3HKOd by bulky Tsareena's Power Whip, counter Centiskorch, and be an excellent check to Perrserker. 60 SpD allows Flareon to avoid the 2HKO from Charizard's Hurricane.

(You can also tech Superpower on this as a way to chunk at Aggron, Regirock, or Gigalith, but I personally like Toxic)
:ribombee: standard bulky Ribombee set.
:tsareena: standard bulky Tsareena set.
:stunfisk-galar: 4 Atk allows Stunfisk to always OHKO Charizard w/ Stone Edge. 44 SpD allows Stunfisk to never be OHKOd from full from Charizard's Fire Blast. Snap Trap + Counter allows Stunfisk to lure & trap Tsareena, as well as KO Offensive Scrafty, Silvally-Ground, ID Press Regirock, etc. (it isn't foolproof, but it's a surprising tech that works decently well from time-to-time)

Last edited:
:Absol: :Silvally: :Regirock: :Tsareena: :Togedemaru: :Mesprit: [export]
:Absol: :Audino: :Aggron: :Jellicent: :Tsareena: :Ribombee: [export]
:Absol: :Togedemaru: :Jellicent: :Rhydon: :Tsareena: :Accelgor: [export]

Hello Urusius Here's my most recent iteration of a CB Absol Band I've worked on. The thing about Absol that makes it a point of contention in terms of using it is not just using it in and of itself, but also that the set viabitity of the mon tends to fluctuate based on meta trends; I would say that SD and Scarf are the sets worth looking into in current meta. SD gives it more offensive flexibility between leveraging its ability to sweep outright and to play around Pokemon such as Scrafty that can feasibly be used as Knock Off switch-ins and pick up steam against you if locked into it. Scarf Absol takes advantage of its ability to not only act as a "fast wallbreaker" pressuring Pokemon with Knock Off with optimal hazard stacking support, but it circumvents the dynamic of "use faster Pokemon that can eat a Sucker Punch" and instead allows you to move first and use a powerful Knock Off or coverage option to punish them instead. Both sets also allow it to work around its middling speed tier a lot more feasibly compared to CB too, especially since the extra flexibility allows it to semi-pivot into something like Silvally-Ghost and check it in full health more reliably due to either switching moves or going faster initially.

That having been said, here's a couple of builds. Basically, I've tried to utilize core concepts that allowed Absol an opportunity to use its Justified ability to exploit weak Knock Offs from Pokemon like Audino, while also compounding with Pokemon that can exploit defensive Pokemon that Absol struggles with such as Mesprit for Fighting-types / Weezing, Tsareena for Quagsire / Sandaconda, Jellicent for Fighting-types / Weezing, as a few examples. The first build takes an interesting twist in Silvally-Poison to stallbreak against those same cores while it and the rest of the team benefit from Wish support, with SubID Regirock taking advantage of Scrafty's attempts to gain initiative in a pinch with a Speed spread used to outspeed Perrserker, which is really nice for a team that struggles to find consistent switch-ins to it. Between Tsareena's Aromatherapy, Togedemaru's Wish, and Scarf Mesprit's Healing Wish, there was a lot of room for error among the wallbreakers, which help a lot with flexibility in the team's gameplan. The second team takes a similar approach, with Ribombee being the Scrafty check, Jellicent being the Fighting check, and Audino with a more physically-based spread to avoid Silvally-Ghost's Flame Charge 2HKO at +6 to check it more reliably which Band Absol can't reliably do.

The third team explores a more blatant concept with Spikestacking as I've always conceptualized that route being most optimal with Absol in general, using Accelgor as the option to lure Charizard and check Tsareena while still maintaining the use of Togedemaru's Wish to leverage longevity. Accelgor also came in handy in gaining opportunities to force progress thanks to its fast Encore, and Knock Off sports great synergy with hazard stack. Rhydon was a great choice for a rocker as it checks Charizard and exploits Ferroseed well with its Heat Crash coverage, and an offensively-based spread worked wonders for lessening Scrafty's progress and pressuring Pokemon with its dual stab. Jellicent retains its placing as the primary fighting-check and spinblocker.

I apologize for the delay, as with tier shifts coming around a lot of submissions may be rendered obsolete. Still, I hope your holidays have been well and I wish you luck should you decide to make alterations to adapt to the meta changes that arise. Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)