The Smogon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'm happy to introduce all of you to the newest segment of Smogon's tournament format: The Smogon League!

The League will consist of a series of impromptu tournaments that will be run via script on the Smogon Netbattle server. These tournaments will span all generations: RBY, GSC, and Advance and include UU as well as Uber varieties along with Challenge Cup tournaments.

The focus of the Smogon League is FUN! There will not be the same level of seriousness involved as with the Smogon Tour...though the Smogon Tour Rules will be in effect for Smogon League tournaments...with the exception that Celebi is still allowed in advance play. As I said, these are just for fun, and half the fun is being able to spectate good matches even if you are participating in the tournament.

As I said earlier, these tournaments are being run by a script on the NetBattle server. Thus, you DO NOT SIGN UP ON THE FORUMS!! You simply type /join in the Smogon server whenever a host starts a tournament. So, if you want to participate, hang out with us on NetBattle!

Now as for the hosts! All NetBattle Moderators and Admins have access to the script and everyone is encouraged to use the script whenever they want. Just try not to hassle Mods and Admins into starting a tournament for you.

Smogon League Tournaments are meant to finish quickly ( vis-à-vis, them only having 8 participants in many cases) So, the host has total discretion in disqualifying a player who is slowing down the tournament. If you leave the server, you WILL be disqualified... If you are stalling fruitlessly in your battle, you WILL be disqualified. This sounds harsh, but it isn't. These are only for fun, and you can always enter the next one since there will be many of them held each day!

Good Luck, and I hope you all are as excited as we are to get this project off the ground!

ALL HOSTS ARE EMPOWERED TO AMEND THESE RULES TO FIT THEIR PURPOSES FOR EACH TOURNAMENT; FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS. ALL DECISIONS MADE BY HOSTS ARE FINAL AND ARE NOT TO BE CONTESTED.

NEW ADDITION: IF YOU ENTER A TOURNAMENT AND DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER TEAM READY: YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR 2 HOURS. IF YOU LEAVE THE SERVER AFTER ENTERING... YOU WILL LIKELY BE TEMPBANNED FOR 24 HOURS. STOP DOING THAT.

Smogon League RBY Rules
  • No Mewtwo or Mew
  • No illegal movesets
  • No GSC Tradebacks
  • No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, or Guillotine)
  • No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon
Smogon League GSC Rules
  • No Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, or Celebi
  • No illegal movesets
  • No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, or Guillotine)
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • No Hidden Power allowed on legendary pokemon.
  • Stadium Present ONLY!
Smogon League Advance Rules
  • No Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Wobbuffet/Wynaut, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms)
  • No illegal movesets
  • No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, or Sheer Cold)
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • XD moves WILL be allowed
  • Freeze Clause
Smogon League UU Rules (All Generations)Smogon League Challenge Cup Rules
  • You must enable the Challenge Cup option
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • No Self-KO on the last Pokemon

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow is typing a thread in 4 different fonts the new fad or something :D

jk!!!!!! good idea but like i said itot (in the other thread), this is going to laaaaaaaaaaag the server.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that is currently being ironed out by our staff, for the first few weeks we want to gain interest and see how they work in a points-free environment.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
It will start from July 1st iirc and there will be a point system inplace. More on that soon.

Awesome, so this is basically Smogon's version of Aeo cup?

imo it should be at least 16 people per tournament, seeing as Smogon gets over 100 people each day so it'll be hard to get in

The way I see it, smogon already has its official smogon tournaments, the smogon tour, and our other tournaments. This is just going overboard. If we keep adding all of these official things it just makes everything else less meaningless..

Hmmm, I love the idea since I heard about it at PR. More tournies the better imo although I do believe that a point system would be hard to keep track of but Im sure you guys got something planned.

I like this because some random days/times I get to use netbattle and random days/times I don't so I wouldn't be able to take a larger tournament. Each only takes a single sitting right?

well if we get d/q

what about if we're making a quick team before the tourney or changing somehting on the team while the tourney has already started

and you get that rte while you're changing EVs on a pokemon.. And that rte causes you to sign NB and close the NB program comepletely

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Warthog said:
Hmmm, I love the idea since I heard about it at PR. More tournies the better imo although I do believe that a point system would be hard to keep track of but Im sure you guys got something planned.
I'm sure the script handles the point system as well.

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i thought chaos was pretty clear about not having a point system for this because we already keep track of the points in the smogon tour

but whatever go ahead, i agree with Justin

If these are just for fun and have no meaning whatsoever then it is fine with me. If it becomes some official thing then I think it will just take away from other things. But since it seems to be only a script for fun little tournaments that are 'just for fun' then it should be a neat thing.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Yes, that is exactly what it is. There will be no points kept for these whatsoever...they are simply to have fun on the server during downtime.

Also, my first post has been updated with the rules that are in effect for all tournaments. They are identical to the Smogon Tour rules, but Justin said he wanted them spelled out in this thread...so I did. Have fun guys!

I agree with no points. Fun all the way. The way to try out your random stuff that causes laughs while playing against skilled people.

Obligatory, 'I thought pokerealm was supposed to steal things from smogon' comment.

though I did have fun playing in a few of these.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well it was more an Aeolus thing than a pokerealm thing :)

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
It was an Aeolus thing. If you remember it started by him doing these randomly in main chat, not with the script. Amazingly, the script was never made specially for Pokerealm either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)