The Sunset Colosseum III ROUND THREE!

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
First Year's winner: TGMD
Second Year's winner: DKFireLord

Banner by nobody... I have a much tighter budget than Oglemi.
Introduction:
The Sunset Colosseum made an appearance in Pokemon Battle Revolution, a game that was released during gen 4. This game had a unique game mode where the player was given 12 Pokemon at random and had to choose a team of 3 from those 12. I liked this game mode and I wanted to make a tournament based on it... exams happened... so Oglemi hosted it (thanks for that). Now I'm back! The rules are very similar to the Sunset Colosseum's original rules.

Tournament Special Rules:
  • At the start of each round, 12 random Pokemon will be posted in the OP. Each player must then build a team of 6 Pokemon from the 12 that have been posted. The moveset, item, EVs, and IVs can be chosen by the players. If the Pokemon has a Mega-Evolution stone, that counts as an item and is fair game (for example if Garchomp is one of the 12 random Pokemon, Mega Garchomp may be used). Of course, you cannot use the mega stone if the given mega Pokemon is in Ubers.
  • If a Pokemon has several formes you may only use the one specified in the OP (eg: I list Thundurus, you may not use Thundurus-T).
  • Your teams may overlap, in fact, you may have a mirror fight against your opponent. It's up to you to be creative with the Pokemon that are posted at the start of the round.
  • These will be Best of 1, Single Elimination matches.
  • Replays must be posted to prove your victory. If you forget, I will look for it. I will find it. And I will kill it.
  • Matches are to be played in ORAS OU on PS!

General Rules:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Moody Clause: The ability Moody is banned from play.
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • All other ORAS OU Clauses.
WELCOME TO ROUND 3, TOOK ME LONG ENOUGH!

YOUR POKEMON ARE:

• Audino
  • Cloyster
  • Ditto
  • Drapion
  • Golurk
  • Hitmontop
  • Moltres
  • Slurpuff
  • Sneasel
  • Steelix
  • Tauros
  • Weezing

The match-ups (I swear to god if the tags don't work again...):
CrystalRam vs Crestfall
Bughouse vs Leprechaun Shaun
ssjjynx vs H-C
cdumas vs Arifeen
We Three Kings vs partys over
Oglemi vs Pearl
tankmonx vs HQuaze
Googly vs Organo84
Take Azelfie vs Chill Shadow
czim vs The Idiot Ninja
groudon518 vs TonyFlygon
Level 56 vs p2

The deadline for this round is Tuesday, 13th of September, 18:00 GMT +1

Good luck.

Last edited:

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My opponent and I haven't been able to play. Our timezones don't agree with each other and he's only available between 6am-11am my time, which I can't normally do. Should be able to make tomorrow work though, but since this is after the deadline we'd need an extension please.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
we *might* play like, 5 hrs past deadline, that's what we scheduled for (oops). I'll try to make it happen earlier, not sure if he'll be online though

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
My opponent and I haven't been able to play. Our timezones don't agree with each other and he's only available between 6am-11am my time, which I can't normally do. Should be able to make tomorrow work though, but since this is after the deadline we'd need an extension please.
Thank you for requesting. I'll give you an extra 24 hours.

Apparently this didn't post when I typed it...

No wait, you didn't told me we have should played on tuesday.
I'm sorry this isn't my fault.
In our conversation you didn't told me nothing, you only said you would call the time extension.
You called me when i weren't available to play.

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
No wait, you didn't told me we have should played on tuesday.
I'm sorry this isn't my fault.
In our conversation you didn't told me nothing, you only said you would call the time extension.
You called me when i weren't available to play.
On Tuesday, I told you: "Might be able to do this time tomorrow but that's past the deadline, so I'll see if I can get us an extension." You said: "ok..." which made me think that you would be ready to play at that time. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but what else was I supposed to think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)