The testing process: what do we do

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So this is a very simple question, I want you to list all the pokemon you want to be tested. This can be pokemon you think are broken in LC OU and need to be banned, or pokemon that are banned and you feel do not deserve to be. When the time comes to test, I do feel we should take it like Smogon did for OU, test everything and leave as is until stage 3, which will then be the be all end all.

Though if you guys do have better ideas about how to test, please share them with me.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Misdreavus
Yeah I'm sure this will be the only nom for her, but I'l try to prove my point

Misdreavus is the best sweeper in LittleCup now period. Specifically with Nasty Plot Misdreavus has no surefire counters and that includes Stunky and Munchlax. Misdreavus also boasts immunities to some of the most common attacking types in the game Normal, Fighting, and Ground which allows for easy set up of a Substitiute, Nasty Plot, or whatever stat upping move you want.

Gligar

With it's very large movepool, Gligar can do just about anything in this metagame from sweeping to supporting. It's movepool allows Gligar to handle its own counters even in it's normal sets with moves such as Night Slash to handle Missy and Duskull, or Aqua Tail to hit Phanphy. This all adds a certain surprise factor to Gligar, making him all the more powerfull. Gligars stats gives it a huge edge over the rest fo the tier with all of them Above Average for Little Cup. It has the highest Defenses physically, Base 75 Attack, the ability to have the Second highest speed in the game (what outspeeds it can't switch in well at all), and a solid Special Defense on top of that.

I'll edit this post later to expand on what i want tested :P

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think before we go about testing the current Pokemon we've been discussing (Misdreavus and Gligar) I feel we ought to start fresh. I believe there are only three Pokemon which we ought not retest, those being Scyther, Tangela and Sneasel. These are frankly too fast, bulky and powerful to be allowed. However, I do believe everything else ought to be tested together.

Before trying to ban anything, I feel we ought to retest the following:

Yanma: Yanma was banned because it swept four people's teams at the beginning of DP LC. Does that sound like an organized, well-thought-out test to you? Yanma's main factor for being banned was its access to Hypnosis, which I may remind you have dropped 10% in accuracy since its ban. It is walled by Munchlax, a staple of the LC OU tier.

Meditite: Meditite was banned under the pretense of being too powerful. However, let us re-examine this notion. Meditite is effectively the slowest of all banned Pokemon because cannot boost its speed. It must carry a Choice Scarf to perform its function with any degree of success. However, carrying a Choice Scarf allows it to be easily revenge killed or stopped, as its STABs both cannot affect one type. This allows something like Houndour or Misdreavus to come in and force it out while setting up something of its own.

Murkrow: Murkrow is the most recent of the banned Pokemon. Its access to powerful STAB priority, high speed and ability to used mixed offense was the rationale behind its ban. In the current metagame, however, Krow would not be able to keep with all of the offensive threats thanks to its paper defenses.

Clamperl+Deepseatooth: Clamperl boasts the ability to 2HKO Munchlax with STAB Surf when holding Deepseatooth. It needs heavy, heavy team support, such as a Baton Pass of speed or Trick Room to effectively sweep, however. Because it cannot properly pull off a sweep on its own, I don't feel that it fits the current definition of an Uber.

Up for banning: Gligar.

Gligar is obviously our primary Pokemon to be tested and should be focused on the most.

With its base stat spread of 65 / 75 / 105 / 35 / 65 / 85 and gigantic movepool, it can basically accomplish anything in the LC metagame. It can easily sweep teams with Swords Dance and/or Rock Polish (not to mention Sand Viel and Hyper Cutter, lets it boost easier), it's one of the scariest Choiced sweepers, it can wall several physical threats with Roost (it boasts the highest Def + HP total in all of LC iirc), it can tank easily and stop set-up threats with Taunt, and it's one of the most reliable Stealth Rock users.

Gligar's STAB Earthquake is insanely powerful as well, obliterating anything that doesn't resist it and/or packs high Defense, meaning that a team must include a Pokemon to take on Gligar (Duskull, Bronzor, Slowpoke) or pack a priority users (Snover, Buizel, Houndour), otherwise they are vulnerable to a sweep.

Gligar is just too insane for Little Cup.

Up for unbanning: Yanma, Meditite.

Yanma may have pretty high Special Attack and very high Speed (Speed Boost) and can be a scary ass Choice Specs user, but there are things that can stop Yanma. The biggest thing is obviously Stealth Rock, depleting 50% of its health, meaning it can easily fall under a KO from Houndour's Sucker Punch, Snover's Ice Shard, and quite possibly, Buizel's Aqua Jet (guaranteed if it uses a CB). Munchlax is one of the sturdiest special walls in LC, meaning it can safely switch into Yanma and dispose of it with Return or Pursuit if you sense a switch. Other Pokemon like Shieldon resist Yanma's STAB attacks, so they can be useful as well, but they would definitely have to watch out for Hidden Power Ground/Fighting which I think will be used. This is just a side-note, but Trick Room teams will just laugh in the face of Yanma, making it nearly useless with its huge Speed.

Like Vader said, Meditite's pathetic Speed stat tends to force it to use a Choice Scarf or having Speed passed on to it. If it doesn't do this, then it can be easily dealt with, since a ton of Pokemon will be able to outpace. Anyway, if it uses a Choice Scarf, then it will always be forced into using one move, meaning you can predict what it will use and switch in something to resist it. For example, Houndour can switch right into Zen Headbutt and Pursuit it as it will be forced to switch out. Misdreavus or Gastly can switch into Brick Break and set up a Substitute. There are ways to deal with this, and to be honest, I don't think it will be a huge threat will of the other offensive threats out there, not to mention the fact that Scarfers with more Speed than Meditite can outpace it to.

I think the metagame is near perfect at the moment, but there are two Pokemon I believe should be tested, lets start with Misdreavus:

Misdreavus:

Missy with almost ANY move set is flat out ridiculous. SubSneak can OHKO the two main Scarfers that really threaten it (Gastly and Abra (which is uncommon because of Pokemon like SneakMissy)). SubWoW gives so many stat-up Pokemon a free shot at setting up, and lets missy beat Munchlax and clear a path for any special sweeper. SubSalac NP is probably the most deadly however. 28 Speed, 36 Special Attack, perfect coverage, and immunity to Vacuum Wave, Mach Punch, Fake Out, and QA. That's probably the most scary set of stats I've seen in little cup. With Missy being able to set up on Munchlax, this set can be unstoppable. Being bulkier then nearly any Pokemon (even duskull) is a bonus too. Misdreavus simply isn't meant to remain in Little Cup with it's amazing stats, typing, and move pool.

DeepSeaTooth:

Frankly, Clamperl with DST is just a shitty special Cranidos. Why is it banned!? I mean, yes it's powerful, but it's too slow to do anything, and Trick Room is hard to pull off in this protect and fake-out filled metagame.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Despite what Vader says, I can honestly say that I will forever veto ANY attempt to unban Tangela or Murkrow. Yanma and Meditite are the only ones that are even up for debate here.

Also, unlike Cranidos, Clamperl has real defense and a great offensive and defensive type with reliable STAB, and passing it either Trick Room or Agility makes it dominant. It gets tough to beat Baton Pass Venonat -> Clamperl @ Deepseatooth with Protect / Surf / Ice Beam / Hidden Power Electric or Grass. Alternately, just use one of the many silly Trick Room / Explosion setup mons like Gastly, Baltoy, or Exeggutor.

Onto the remainder.

Gligar is nominated for the reasons I previously put forth. Gligar is Uber like Deck Knight trolls Congregation- It may not be obviously uber, bit I'll be damned if it isn't close to Uber in every single way. It can support with Baton Pass or support sets, it can wall some nasty stuff with a defensive set, it can sweep with SD or Rock Polish, etc.

Also, Misdreavus. It was borderline even before Nasty Plot, but now it can just set up and wipe shit off the face of the earth. It can run a Plot set and beat many of its counters (especially with PlotSalac), it can run a SubSneak set and provide powerful hits and priority, or it can use Scarf in a pinch to beat some speedier foes.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Shouldn't we just wait a few more days or weeks before nominating? I mean just let the metagame adapt a bit so we get a good idea of what's what.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Misdreavus

Before Nasty Plot it was the it was the most used Pokemon, had the ability to run several sets each of which was not just powerful but extremely hard to stop (SubSS@LO, SubSalac sometimes with a boosting move, OranCM, even that damn bulky status/trick set). To a large extent it overshadowed three otherwise extremely viable Ghosts, this is not a problem in itself but it is a demonstration of Misdreavus's power.

Misdreavus has not much more raw power than other common sweepers, but it does have several key things which I believe make it at least worth testing.

1. Bulk
65/65/85 base defences are not going to wall many things, but without hitting SE (or some high power STAB moves) its very hard to 1KO. Cranidos's EQ does only ~76%, and that's from the highest base attack in Little Cup. Munchlax's Pursuit is only a 2KO, and against Oran its a 3KO.

For comparison, Chinchou with max def and SpD hits:
24/13/15
while a min/min Misdreavus gets:
22/12/15
For a highly threatening sweeper with 19 Speed and 18 SpA, that is impressive.

2. Brilliant type
Pure ghost with levitate grants three important immunity's (Ground, Fighting and Normal) and two less helpful resistances (Bug and Poison) but with only two weaknesses (Dark which is rare outside Sucker Punch and Ghost, you outspeed and can 1KO most of the common users of Ghost moves). This means that it there are many opportunities to bring missy in, and even if you bring it in on the wrong move you generally have enough bulk to survive.

3. Boosting
With Charge Beam and Calm Mind it was a serious threat and very capable of sweeping once your opponents priority was depleted, but Nast Plot brings it to another level. No more can Munchlax switch in and at least hurt you a lot, now it just dies. No more can you rely on SE/AT Gligar to take a Shadow Ball and weaken you significantly, then speed tie next turn. Misdreavus hits the same special attack after one Nasty Plot as Clamperl (if missy uses Life Orb its much more), combined with much better coverage, significantly better overall defences and 19 Speed (or if you feel like using Salac Berry, 27 Speed).

4. All the coverage it needs
Shadow Ball is a must, and HP Fighting hits almost all that resists it for Super Effective damage. Then you have Charge Beam for if you want to boost while KOing something (and hit Normal/Flyings harder), Psychic, Shadow Sneak and Thunderbolt. It also has a pretty wide support movepool: Thunder Wave, W-o-W, Trick, Pain Split, Memento, Destiny Bond, and Substirute stand out.

However, it does have a case of 4ms syndrome. Luckily it can fit what it needs onto one set, normally two coverage moves one boosting and substitute.

Gligar

Most of my thoughts on Gligar can be found Here. Despite me argueing largely against banning, I still think it deserves to be tested and voted on. Gligar is a large part of the metagame, perhaps too large.

I would also be for retesting Clamperl, with the number of protect users and water immunities running around a good player should be able to outstall Trick Room, and it agility pass is a lot of effort to go to. All in all it seems like a special version of Cubone, which is clearly broken right now.

Meditite could be retested, but I strongly suspect it would quickly be proven too powerful. It has a nutty 32 unboosted attack, and unlike Cubone/Clamperl can hold either an attack boosting item or Choice Scarf. It has a lovely movepool consisting of several STAB options (Psycho Cut, Brick Break, Hi Jump Kick, Zen Headbutt, Focus Punch), the Elemental Punches, and two Priority attacks (Fake Out and Bullet Punch). Along with them it has an array of fun tricks it could pull use to mess with you, Like Substitute, both screens, Counter, Dynamicpunch (with Gravity), Rock Slide, Trick, Drain Punch, even Bulk up and Batton Pass.

Still, its most likely the scarf set that will mess with things the most (and maybe a Croagunkesque priority set). Imagine a Cranidos with more attack, take away Head Smash and Rock Polish, now give it dual STAB, now give it better defences, now give it a workable defensive type (pure rock is horrible), now give it all the elemental Punches, now give it dual priority.. then you pretty much get Meditate.

Murkrow was banned for a reason, it could revenge kill a vast majority of LC Pokemon comfortably, and was exceptionally hard to revenge kill itself. It was a huge centralising force. Especially with talk of banning Gligar, retesting Murkrow seems pointless.

While its true Yanma did not get a proper long test, not did Scyther and no one is asking for that to be brought back. Nor did most of the lv. 100 Ubers. Yanma is part of the 20 speed group, but canget away with not investing at all thanks to its ability to boost its speed. In LC that free speed boost is crazy, especially with halfway decent base 75 SpA and Bug Buzz/Air Slash/Hidden Power available. Hypnosis is just the icing on the cake, though now that its less accurate.. well I'm pretty neutral on Yanma testing.

Edit: I don't think this is a true nomination thread franky, more to get our ideas out about what we may want to test.

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In that case ete:

Dratini

I know it just started but I'm starting to get a good idea to how broken this thing is. With its latest addition, Extremespeed, it can actually be a threat now because it can beat fragile priority users. If it was Quick Attack, it would be a different story, but Extremespeed has the highest base power for priority and can OHKO every fragile priority user in LC with a dragon dance boost and Life Orb under its belt. It can beat bulkier Pokemon with Outrage and Steel-types are practically non existent outside of Bronzor, which is 3HKOed by Waterfall (taking in Oran Berry). I chose this guy because it fits the offensive criteria because it can sweep a portion of the metagame quite easily.

Missy

A true balance between bulk and offense. Its defense and Special Defense stat is quite respectable and can take hits as well as dish out good damage with Nasty Plot or Calm Mind. Missy can run various offensive set Sneak / SubWill-O-Wisp / NP and is capable of bypassing Munchlax now. Imo, it only has two solid counters, Munchlax and Stunky. Its capable of bypassing it with the right prediction and Missy fits under the offensive criteria.

Furthermore, its Ghost-typing is a god given to dodge the common priority hits (Fighting and Normal). Thats all i can say for now.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yanma - I don't want Yanma to be tested just because it's on of my favorite pokemon, but also because threats have increased drastically. With SR becoming a stable on teams, Yanma loses 50% of it's health every time it switches in. Priority can finish off Yanma quickly, and some Ghosts and bulkier/resisting Pokemon can shrug off QA. Some of these Pokemon can score KO's after SR using priority including:

(note: this is against Neutual/No investment LO Yanma)

-252 Attack Evs/Neutual Nature LO Kabuto's Aqua Jet (no rain): Damage: 52.17% - 60.87%
-236 Attack EVs/Neutual Nature LO Shuppet's Shadow Sneak: Damage: 52.17% - 60.87%
-196 Attack EVs/Neutual Nature Phanpy's Ice Shard: Damage: 47.83% - 56.52% (almost always an OHKO)

I may add more calcs later.

The main problem with Yanma is that switching into it is a problem, especially if it has Hypnosis. However, all the three Pokemon above can switch in on Quick Attack. Priority and SR are Yanma's biggest weakness, and they are both common.

Gligar - If Gligar didnt get Rock Polish, I wouldn't even post it. However, Rock Polish Gligar is, imo, THE biggest threat in Little Cup. While MissyD may be more common, Gligar has an amazing movepool, and can KO MissyD with Night Slash. It can outspeed every Scarfer in the game, and threaten to OHKO a nice chunck of LC. Not even other Gligar are safe, since it has access to HP Ice and Aqua Tail. EQ can 2KO Oran Munchlax (not sure about berry juice though). Night Slash can handle Duskull, the closest thing to a Gligar counter nicely. Along with Rock Polish, gligar can use Swords Dance to boost its Attack and Baton Pass to pass its boosts. Roost makes it even more survivable, and it can even set up Stealth Rock, making it a great supportive pokemon as well. It is a diverse and powerful sweeper, and very worthy of testing.

Misdreavus - Before HG/SS, I was on the fence with Misdreavus. However, with the addition of Nasty Plot, MissyD is a huge threat (not as bad as gligar, but pretty close imo) that can 2KO almost everything in the metagame. It's Bulky, it has stronh SpAtt and access to STAB SS, which can finish off sashers. Most importantly, it has access to STAB Shadow Ball and HP Fighting, unresisted coverage. It is a poweful attacker, and supporter with WoW, and defiantly deserves testing more than anything else imo.

Dratini - Alright, I'm on the fence with Dratini, but after only a few hours on the ladder, I learned how much a threat Xspeed Dratini is. In a sense, Dratini reminds me of Scizor. Before HG/SS, Drantini was fairly average as a sweeper, with Bagon outclassing it in every way. However, like Scizor with Platinum, a single addition to it's movepool took the ladder by storm: Extremespeed. With Outrage, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast and Waterfall helping support it, Dratini has a deadly movepool. Also, Dragon Dance makes the deal even more sweet, outspeeding every non-scarfed Pokemon in LC after a single boost.

However, like Scizor, I'm unsure wether Dratini is truly strong enough to be cast out into LC Ubers. However, It defiantly will deserve some testing in the future. While it may not be true uber material, it's defiantly top tier.

And that is my 2 cents. I would post Diglett, but I have a personal vendetta against it, and this is not here to get revenge a stupid moles. Also, sorry if my calcs/reasons are seemingly stupid, I'm kinda new at nominations.

edit: I CAN'T SPELL :(

Let me ask: what does it mean to "test" an OU Pokemon? We are already "testing" Gligar and Misdreavus. We are also testing Squirtle, Wailmer, and Voltorb. If you're talking about something like the UU test process,

- The one-month period where we play a metagame without the suspects in it needs to go. It is completely useless, and it skews the voting to an immeasurable degree.

First of all, having this one month testing period leads to people who get access to vote, but do not have any idea of what the metagame was like BEFORE the suspects were banned. This leads to a lot of eligible users who either decline to vote (as evidenced by the current uu voters thread), or the opposite problem, people who vote based on what I would call "improper knowledge".

Secondly, removing the suspects turns the question people are voting on from "is this suspect broken?" to "which metagame do you prefer?". The whole point of the suspect nominations is because people do not think they belong in UU. Letting people play an entire month without them in UU is obviously going to skew the opinions towards voting the suspects BL (because they just played an entire month in a virtually non broken metagame). The nomination process is supposed to be about investigating the suspects, not the metagame.

Finally, since they can't play with the suspect during this one month process, how are they supposed to know if its broken or not? The very idea of taking the suspects out compromises peoples opinions on the matter. Could you imagine if Jump and Aeolus made a post tomorrow saying "ok, to see whether or not you think Garchomp is broken, we are going to prevent you from using it"? That is what the current UU process is doing. Jabba and I propose removing this part of the process completely, since it is not only useless but it also goes against the entire idea of a suspect test.
Basically sums it up.

(http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2067956&postcount=1)

Anyways, since I wasn't around while any of those Pokemon were OU, I don't have any first-hand experience with any of these Pokemon, but here are a few I'd like to see retested regardless.

Yanma: 4x SR weak and vulnerable to priority, plus it's countered by Munchlax.

Meditite: Slow and frail. There are more scary Pokemon that are OU now, like Misdreavus.

Murkrow: This was pretty controversial, so it probably should be retested.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess that at this moment we are testing Gligar and Misdreavus, and whatever you guys think are broken. I expect to get the whole LC testing idea a month after we have a ladder on SU (so for SB2) a month is so we have stats and a larger user base.

So to test a Pokemon, we... remove it from the metagame? I don't see how that could possibly give us information on whether or not it breaks the uber characteristics. It skews test results (like people voting Crobat UU saying "it wasn't so bad", then immediately saying "fuck NOW I remember why I wanted it gone"), and the only information it gives us is whether or not the metagame is more enjoyable with it gone or not.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
(Just an example)

If you want to test Gligar and Misdreavus using the OU testing process, they have to be tested in isolation, meaning test Gligar without Misdreavus and test Misdreavus without Gligar. Right now is sort of the stage 3 part, although if you want to throw in Ubers like Yanma or DST Clamperl, you'd have to add them to the current meta to emulate stage 3. I think that is what Gen. Empoleon means by testing, although correct me if I am wrong.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As of right now we are not decided on exactly how the LC testing process will work, SDS has expressed serious reservations about the "testing by exclusion" method for several reasons, though I am less opposed if its possible, and right now ladder based voting requirements would be difficult, but not impossible, to use. The only part of the testing that has been generally agreed is that we will have a vote with reasoning required.

franky

I propose something like this for the testing process:

• Nominating Ubers to OU first. This way we can test how these ubers fares well together in the same metagame as the nominated OU pokemon. After a time period, we vote the Ubers to remain Uber or OU.
  • After that process we should start nominating OU to Ubers based on the previous test. This way the players have a good understanding of how they mesh in the previous metagame. After a time period, again we should vote the OU suspects to remain in OU or Ubers
To sum it up, Ubers to OU first before OU to Uber nomination. Nominating Ubers to OU and OU to Ubers at the same time would cause to much chaos and its un organized.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So to test a Pokemon, we... remove it from the metagame? I don't see how that could possibly give us information on whether or not it breaks the uber characteristics. It skews test results (like people voting Crobat UU saying "it wasn't so bad", then immediately saying "fuck NOW I remember why I wanted it gone"), and the only information it gives us is whether or not the metagame is more enjoyable with it gone or not.
What Umbarsc said. I support a process similar to UU. Playing in a metagame containing the Pokemon in question is enough experience to make an informed decision. Removing them from the metagame just skews results, and testing by removal will NEVER be supported by me.

Banned Pokemon, however, can be tested by inclusion easily.

I propose something like this for the testing process:
  • Nominating Ubers to OU first. This way we can test how these ubers fares well together in the same metagame as the nominated OU pokemon. After a time period, we vote the Ubers to remain Uber or OU.
  • After that process we should start nominating OU to Ubers based on the previous test. This way the players have a good understanding of how they mesh in the previous metagame. After a time period, again we should vote the OU suspects to remain in OU or Ubers
To sum it up, Ubers to OU first before OU to Uber nomination. Nominating Ubers to OU and OU to Ubers at the same time would cause to much chaos and its un organized.
I think it should work in exactly the opposite direction. We should wait until we have a stable, balanced, suspect-free metagame before we start dropping Ubers.

Going the down the UU route would sound best at this time, given that this Berry Juice is supposedly an Oran+ (can someone actually confirm this mechanic). Though I would estimate it would take one battle for everyone to see that Scyther, Sneasel and Tangela at the very least are broken.

Also, does everyone realise that Yanma gets Hypnosis? What happens when your Munchlax gets slept? The other methods suggested are unreliable at best apart from Ice Shard.

franky

Going the down the UU route would sound best at this time, given that this Berry Juice is supposedly an Oran+ (can someone actually confirm this mechanic). Though I would estimate it would take one battle for everyone to see that Scyther, Sneasel and Tangela at the very least are broken.

Also, does everyone realise that Yanma gets Hypnosis? What happens when your Munchlax gets slept? The other methods suggested are unreliable at best apart from Ice Shard.
I'm not a genius at this since I'm pretty new at LC but I heard that Yanma was banned pre-platinum. Meaning Hypnosis' accuracy could take a huge toll on Yanma. With SR being common, priority hits can pick it off as well.

I got 2 Pokemon to consider

Missy:
Behind a sub it is guaranteed that something is going down, it also has 3 immunities which means it doesn't hesitate in switching in on other stuff additionally it got Nasty Plot which just adds to it's destructive power.

Dratini:
Dratini was perfectly fine until gamefreak gave it Extreemspeed. Since the tier requires priority to stop pokemon that boost there speed Dratini still outspeeds and hit's hard requiring a something like a missy to shadowsneak it

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What Umbarsc said. I support a process similar to UU. Playing in a metagame containing the Pokemon in question is enough experience to make an informed decision. Removing them from the metagame just skews results, and testing by removal will NEVER be supported by me.
What I interpret Umbarsc and you to be saying is to not do the test like the Garchomp stage 2 test was done, which was removing Garchomp. If you read my previous post clearly, you can see that isn't what I was talking about.

Matthew

The plan, as I see it, is we throw all the Ubers whom people want tested into the OU metagame. We then take it as UU is doing it now, taking nominations on what is broken and then finally a vote. I think this is ultimately the best way to handle the testing process.

After talking it over with SDS this is the action we're going to take:
  • We are moving Yanma, Clamperl, and Meditite into the OU tier for the testing process
  • After two weeks we will have a nominations thread to decide what pokemon to allow in the Uber vote
  • We will repeat this process until there are no pokemon which can be justifiably argued that is too strong for OU
Think of the UU process when you think about how this process is going to be set up.

Matthew

Actually, with the introduction of Berry Juice, it would not be too much to ask to put every Uber into the OU tier and then weed them out. With Berry Juice walls are much stronger, meaning that they may be able to compete with some of them.

I now propose this:
During the first stage of testing for Little Cup we start out with nothing banned and then slowly weed out what is "too strong"

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
Actually, neither of those are the action we're going to take.

Drops will not occur until there is a stable metagame. This means that once Gligar and Misdreavus have been voted on, and there are no more suspects, we will begin testing.

Also, no way in hell are Scyther and Sneasel being tested. Same with Tangela, which OHKOs everything except Munchlax, Berry Juice be damned. Murkrow is the only thing that could possibly be unbanned, but there's a good chance that Berry Juice is broken, in which case Murkrow is still broken as hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)