Project The Top 10 Titans of the 1v1 Metagame (Voting for #10 Titan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay, but here we are, with the closure of phase 1 of the Top 10 titans, the nominations phase, and the commencement of phase 2 - the voting phase. In this phase, anyone can vote for the Pokemon they think was most influential throughout (or for a significant amount of time in) the meta. Just reply with one-word posts on which you think has been the most influential Pokemon throughout the entirety of the SM/USM 1v1 metagame. For 10 cycles, each cycle will last 4 days to vote for the most influential Pokemon (or "Titan") of the metagame, and this week, we will be voting for the #1 spot. Only vote for the Pokemon present in the list presented below, or your vote will be discounted, and your votes might be ignored from future votes.

This contains the list of nominated Pokemon (and also some Pokemon which I included myself, since the number of nominated Pokemon were too small to give much choice down the order):

P.S. : On a lighter-but-real note, you can vote for Garchomp by posting Chomper and Primarina by posting "Don't use Aqua Jet"!

Last edited:
I know Greninja is barely gonna get any votes, and it's for the right reasons. It has not been broken or on the spotlight at any point, neither did it have any controversial suspect tests or ban proposals. Despite that, it has consistently stayed near the top of usage stats. Its versatility in the sets it can run, with each one being very good in itself, give it a consistent dominance over the metagame, which is enough for me to have my vote.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Marshadow, clearly. When it was allowed it was a god. It dismantled setup, played hyperoffense, beat stall, every set was good, even niche ones like Roseli.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
also Wrath of Alakazam next time I think you should consider not allowing banned Pokemon. Their impact is negligible at the end of a generation. Yeah they were a titan but unless they introduced an entire playstyle (like Double Dance Tapu Koko) then the current metagame isn't really being affected by them.

edit: I'm changing my vote to pre-rough skin fix Pyukumuku

Chickenpie2

red:active
is a Contributor Alumnus
also Wrath of Alakazam next time I think you should consider not allowing banned Pokemon. Their impact is negligible at the end of a generation. Yeah they were a titan but unless they introduced an entire playstyle (like Double Dance Tapu Koko) then the current metagame isn't really being affected by them.

edit: I'm changing my vote to pre-rough skin fix Pyukumuku
Honestly id argue the same thing but for the opposite reason. Banned pokemon shouldnt be included in this because they almost automatically certify as a Titan, as they literally changed the meta so much that they had to be removed because of it.

Jocus

Banned deucer.
I'd prefer if we voted for banned Pokemon because I see this as voting for the top ten titans of the metagame as a whole from start to end rather than just the conclusion of the generation, where prior states of the metagame are forgotten. Also:
All that being said, the important question arises: which Pokemon were the most influential throughout the course of generation 7? This thread will try to answer that question.
Explain how the Pokemon effected the metagame as whole, and how the metagame adapted around it. [Comment: The state before the adaptation is also important!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)