The topic of OG names on Smogon (and a list of what's free)

Lu

Said the Moon to the Thief
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Everything except A, G, and V
Nice.
Still, the best I have are a bunch of three letter names, some word names (like chemically, Scepticism, considerable, Whimpers) and probably nothing else.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I'm glad the username change system is the way it is. It felt great finally being able to get rid of my old tag that represented a dark time in my life.

It's something that the userbase here doesn't really think that much about. Not many forums have the option, hell, SmashBoards bloody paywalls it!

Lu

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
WELL- i showed up late to the party. any chance their are spare one-three letter names left?
If you wanna try to request one at some point in Smogon then most likely.
If you mean in PS! then maybe.
I was able to register a few like 1-2 weeks ago.

Lu

uh wha- im just asking if they're any available pokemon showdown names that i can cop thats 1-3 letters.
If you want to register a three letters name on Showdown you can, as long as you can find one that's not already registered though. You don't need to meet certain requirements to register an account in PS!

Hi I have a username (Saira) that’s been on since like 2012 I can go on it for you guys. I was wondering if I could have one of the usernames? On PS? I’d really love Melmetal, beauty, cute, or 777

Shoutouts to the days in the early 2010s where changing a name would lag the entire site and make it inoperable for a minute or two.

Also in terms of name economy stuff, I have to admit it has been a neat experience over this long a span. It feels like whenever I pop back on Smogon after a multi month absence, there’s always some new super mod with seven badges and a normal ass name like Janet or Henry or something that suddenly sprung forth from the ether while I wasn’t looking. Interesting seeing the tradition continue to this day.

Real men stick to some lame joke they made as a 14 year old for their usernames eternally, IMO.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)