The transition to gen VI, or how i learned to stop worrying and love the new type chart

Greetings, i come to pitch an article idea, which if approved would be a collaboratively written article between Hulavuta and myself.

The article itself would use what we know of the changed type chart and the introduction of the fairy type to speculate as to which existing pokemon will substantially improve in the generation transition.

The plan is to divide the column into five basic sections
-New offensive threats to fairy
-Fairy walls
-Pokemon that are no longer walled by steel
-Steel pokemon that now have a unique defensive role
-Threats free'd by the lessening of dragons.

Catchier titles pending.

Basically, it's a sensible theorymon, hopefully with a humorous slant to it, that will explore some of the less considered implications of the new type chart.

As always, ask if you want more infomation, and your decision is eagerly awaited.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Will this article be adapting over time to the gen 6 news we're learning about every day? We're yet to know what other Fairies or any other Pokemon for that matter are out there and new ones could pop out at any time. At and after the 12th, I guess most of the information on will already be revealed.

That's pretty much my only concern. I like this idea overall. :)

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My main issue with this is that part of it is similar or touched upon by the Fairy-type article two issues ago: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue29/fairies. Given that was recent you would need to definitely differentiate it somehow. Keep in mind that depending on when release is you could have a load of information to write about at once (and the fact that the article most likely releases midway through the first month of release). I think it might be beneficial to hold off on the theorymon part, and instead discuss how the type chart has changed competitive Pokemon an issue or two later. You could talk about what you think was going to change (as in thought of now), and what has actually changed. That's just an idea, though, because it depends on whether other staff think they have the potential to be similar (since I'm thinking Fairy will be a huge point in your article) or if it's better off waiting. Otherwise if it's different enough and you'd be okay with handling the upcoming mass of information, I'd be cool with it.

By the way whenever you make a thread here, make sure you add a prefix when posting the thread, and if you're not sure, just guess and we can fix it up later. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)